Author Topic: AC Basic thoughts  (Read 2100 times)

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
AC Basic thoughts
« on: March 03, 2007, 05:52:32 PM »
Lonnie Teper - not working for me.
Camera work: have these people ever watched BB before? A guy hits a back lat spread and they show his armpit from the side?!
Bob/Dan: not bad. They did a good job because it's tough to cover so much empty space
Jaimie Eason- a good job she's a good interviewer but I wish she knew BB a little better so she could ask more insightful questions on their condition, etc

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: AC Basic thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 05:53:55 PM »
This is idiotic. Badel beating Heath?! What the heck. I won't waste time on these webcasts anymore. The guy has poor arms, ok legs and chest and a HUUUGE gut. The IFBB never changes

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 05:58:48 PM »
Heath was too small to compete with the big boys he was amazing none the less , he needs more size ! I'm surprised Freeman placed ahead of Badell but Toney was bigger and had good enough conditioning but Badell appeared sharper , I agree with Vic winning he was bigger than Dex with about equal conditioning , Dex was just a tad off condition wise than his normal and given that he could have placed ahead but I think the places were accurate

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 06:00:14 PM »
Heath couldn't hang. Badell has way too much mass for him.
The placings were fine by me.
!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 06:01:55 PM »
Heath couldn't hang. Badell has way too much mass for him.

Where? In his gut? Yes. In His back? Yes. In his arms? NO. In His legs? No. In his chest? No.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 06:04:03 PM »
Where? In his gut? Yes. In His back? Yes. In his arms? NO. In His legs? No. In his chest? No.
Back, traps, chest, arms and shoulders.  ;)
!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 06:05:05 PM »
Back, traps, chest, arms and shoulders.  ;)

ARMS?! Are you kidding?! Gustavo's arms suck!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 06:06:25 PM »
Their arms:

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 06:12:39 PM »
ARMS?! Are you kidding?! Gustavo's arms suck!
That's all you got? That's debatable, when Gustavo's arms look like this...

What about all the other bodyparts where Gustavo SMASHES Phil?
!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 06:36:46 PM »
That's all you got? That's debatable, when Gustavo's arms look like this...

What about all the other bodyparts where Gustavo SMASHES Phil?

Such as?!

Remember we're talking about Gustavo TODAY, not from in the past. Gustavo's legs were NOT better than Heaths. His back WAS better (as I mentioned). His chest was not, his arms were not, his GUT was HUGE, his delts are good but not better than Heaths. His conditioning at the prejudging was WORSE than Heath's. Heath beat him fair and square.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 06:38:01 PM »
His conditioning at the prejudging was WORSE than Heath's. Heath beat him fair and square.
Uhh...check the final scorecard. Maybe you missed it.
!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 06:42:28 PM »
This is idiotic. Badel beating Heath?! What the heck. I won't waste time on these webcasts anymore. The guy has poor arms, ok legs and chest and a HUUUGE gut. The IFBB never changes

I agree 100%.  Your assessment of Gustavo is right on, and no way should he have placed ahead of Heath.  Some will say "but he has more muscle".  So what?  If that were the only criteria, Ruhl should have won this show and the Olympia hands down.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 06:44:44 PM »
I agree 100%.  Your assessment of Gustavo is right on, and no way should he have placed ahead of Heath.  Some will say "but he has more muscle".  So what?  If that were the only criteria, Ruhl should have won this show and the Olympia hands down.  ::)
But Ruhl looks like`shit.
!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 06:48:09 PM »
But Ruhl looks like`shit.

That's his point.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 06:50:28 PM »
That's his point.
And it's a point not made. Gus and Ruhl ain't the same, homie.
!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 02:46:58 PM »
There were really only two things I didn't like about bob/Dan's hosting:

1. I felt like Dan had very little to offer in bodybuilding critique/understanding For me, he merely filled empty space
2. It seemed like Bob tried to match his commentary too much to what the judges were doing. For example, he seemed (properly) critical of Badell in the beginning, then expressed confusion as to why he was suddenly being compared to the top guys before he "caught" himself and started saying that Badell was "improving" and really getting better because he was gaining confidence when clearly Badell had not done so -- he looked exactly the same as at the beginning of the prejudging.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 03:06:53 PM »
Such as?!

Remember we're talking about Gustavo TODAY, not from in the past. Gustavo's legs were NOT better than Heaths. His back WAS better (as I mentioned). His chest was not, his arms were not, his GUT was HUGE, his delts are good but not better than Heaths. His conditioning at the prejudging was WORSE than Heath's. Heath beat him fair and square.
Back is important. Width is important.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 03:32:37 PM »
Back is important. Width is important.
I mentioned his back but back is only ONE part of a great physique. And Gustavo's back wasn't THAT good.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 03:35:03 PM »
There were really only two things I didn't like about bob/Dan's hosting:

1. I felt like Dan had very little to offer in bodybuilding critique/understanding For me, he merely filled empty space
2. It seemed like Bob tried to match his commentary too much to what the judges were doing. For example, he seemed (properly) critical of Badell in the beginning, then expressed confusion as to why he was suddenly being compared to the top guys before he "caught" himself and started saying that Badell was "improving" and really getting better because he was gaining confidence when clearly Badell had not done so -- he looked exactly the same as at the beginning of the prejudging.

It wasnt me that "caught" anything..it was the judges...I merely comment on what I'm seeing at the moment.

And Badell was getting better as the PJ went on, as was evidenced by the higher comparisons...a testament to the new judging criteria actually being followed...

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 03:37:17 PM »
It wasnt me that "caught" anything..it was the judges...I merely comment on what I'm seeing at the moment.

And Badell was getting better as the PJ went on, as was evidenced by the higher comparisons...a testament to the new judging criteria actually being followed...

But Chick, how can you rail against the guts ruining BB and then say that Gustavo in any way belongs in the top 5?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 03:43:30 PM »
But Chick, how can you rail against the guts ruining BB and then say that Gustavo in any way belongs in the top 5?

Gustavo may not be "wasp-waisted", but I certainly didn't see any "gut". He's just a little thick in the middle..