Author Topic: Fatpanda Training and diet log  (Read 198011 times)

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Fatpanda Training and diet log
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 10:23:47 AM »
i blew it out about 20 years ago squatting
it acts up now and again and leaves me unable to walk for a couple days

its usually something simple thatthrows it out, picking something off the floor in this case. I wa actually picking up my lat straps to head to the gym and boom, it blew. Such irony

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 10:25:51 AM »
i blew it out about 20 years ago squatting
it acts up now and again and leaves me unable to walk for a couple days

its usually something simple thatthrows it out, picking something off the floor in this case. I wa actually picking up my lat straps to head to the gym and boom, it blew. Such irony

well rest up and enjoy the peace.

then blast back. you'll have to if you want to catch me  ;)
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 11:10:00 AM »
Meal 1 = milk and protein powder = 275cals - 35p, 14c, 10f

Meal 2 = milk and protein powder = 275cals - 35p, 14c, 10f

Meal 3 = Pre Workout shake - whole milk + protein powder + 5g creatine = 276cals, 35p, 14c, 10f

Workout:

8x50kg - db deadlifts
8x50kg - db shrugs
6x50kg - decline db presses
8x50kg - one arm db rows
5x50kg - incline db presses

Hiit cardio - 5 mins warmup /5 mins 20-10sec /5 mins cool dow

Meal 4 - Post workout shake - whole milk + protein powder + 5g creatine = 276cals, 35p, 14c, 10f

Snack - wine gums = 271cals - 5p, 63c, 0f

Meal 5 - Cajun Turkey + Spicy Mexican rice = 604cals - 63p, 52c, 14f

Daily totals = 1977cals, 205p, 170c 54f

This workout felt really good today, apart from the pain in my pec/shoulder region when doing declines. Also strength just wont budge on decline and incline presses either- the pain isn't to blame i don't think. I will give it one more shot next friday, if its still sore i'm changing to flat presses instead of decline as there is less pain in that movement.

regarding strength stagnating on presses. I have also been thinking about periodizing the weight to try to get by this sticking point. i understand low calories are probably the main reason for the sticking point, not to mention the cardio 5 days a week ( which may have to be increased once fat loss slows). However periodization of the weight might help with this and maybe even the pain problem in the pec/shoulder as the lighter load would be easier on it. that is a whole other can of worms though with so many different ways to periodize so i'll think about that when i have to.
175lbs by 31st July

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 12:59:34 PM »
You do one set of each exercise?
How much rest between each set/exercise?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 01:45:11 PM »
You do one set of each exercise?
How much rest between each set/exercise?

yes one set.

about 3mins on average between exercises but i'll take 5 if i feel i need it.
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 11:56:58 AM »
Meal 1 = milk and protein powder = 275cals - 35p, 14c, 10f

Meal 2 = milk and protein powder = 275cals - 35p, 14c, 10f

Meal 3 = Chinese Style Chicken curry + egg fried rice = 556cals, 31p, 65c, 17f

Hiit cardio - 5 mins warmup /5 mins 20-10sec /5 mins cool down

Snack - 2 kitkats = 214cals - 2p, 26c, 10f

Meal 4 - Sweet and Sour Chicken + egg fried rice = 540cals, 32p, 84c, 7f

Daily Totals = 1991cals -140p, 212c, 61f
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 01:00:32 PM »
Meal 1 - Steak and Mash = 484cals - 53p, 23c, 19f
snack - coffee = 3p, 5c, 4f
meal 2 - chicken tikka masala and pilau rice = 459cals - 30p, 59c, 11f
snack - coffee = 3p, 5c, 2f
meal 3 - lamb rogan josh =486cals - 40p, 20c, 28f
snack -4 kitkats = 428cals - 4p, 52c, 20f

no meal 4 as my whole schedule was messed up today and i couldn't get meals every 4-5 hours as normal. first was at 6.30, 2nd was at 2.30 last one was at 8.30.

also i was working for 12 hours today - on my feet all day so i couldn't face cardio today. i burned more than enough at work though.
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
Meal 1 - Spaghetti Bolognese - 471cals - 27p, 58c, 13f
snack - half cup cpffee - 2p, 2c, 2f
meal 2 - chicken tikka masala - 344cals - 23p, 52c, 5f
meal 3 - bbq chicken melt - 544cals - 29p, 64c, 19f
snack - kitkat = 107cals - 1p, 13c, 5f
meal 4 - lamb rogan josh = 486cals - 40p, 20c, 28f

daily totals - 1985cals, 122p, 209c, 72f

working 12 hours again today, so no cardio.

oh and meso, tell your mom i'll be over at 11. Tell her to wear the red slutty thong i like. cheers.
175lbs by 31st July

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 01:48:06 PM »
Meal 1 - Spaghetti Bolognese - 471cals - 27p, 58c, 13f
snack - half cup cpffee - 2p, 2c, 2f
meal 2 - chicken tikka masala - 344cals - 23p, 52c, 5f
meal 3 - bbq chicken melt - 544cals - 29p, 64c, 19f
snack - kitkat = 107cals - 1p, 13c, 5f
meal 4 - lamb rogan josh = 486cals - 40p, 20c, 28f

daily totals - 1985cals, 122p, 209c, 72f

working 12 hours again today, so no cardio.

oh and meso, tell your mom i'll be over at 11. Tell her to wear the red slutty thong i like. cheers.

not trying to insult you in my above post..i was pointing out that if that was you in the pic you posted couple days ago, why youre eating kitkat, spaggetti bolognese and shit like that?

and dont tell me "a calorie is a calorie" and copy paste "studies"from google.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2010, 11:10:11 AM »
No breakfast today, had a long sleep in till 12.  8)

meal 1 - eggs, beans and and coffee = 720cals, 50p, 68c, 28f

Meal 2 = Pre Workout shake - whole milk + protein powder + 10g creatine = 276cals, 35p, 14c, 10f

Workout:

8x50kg - db deadlifts
8x50kg - db shrugs
5x50kg - decline db presses
8x50kg - one arm db rows
5x50kg - incline db presses

Hiit cardio - 5 mins warmup /5 mins 20-10sec /5 mins cool dow

Meal 3 - Post workout shake - whole milk + protein powder + 5g creatine = 276cals, 35p, 14c, 10f

Snack - wine gums = 354cals - 6p, 82c, 0f

meal 4 - cajun chicken fettucini - 384cals, 36p, 39c, 8f

pec shoulder area is still painful when at the slightest stretch while lifting weight in decline. it was actually a little sore in incline too  :(

strength has also dropped by 1 rep on decline, so from my next workout i will be using flat db bench instead of decline, perhaps the change in angle and reduction of pain will help me break this plateau in strength. if i get the same number of reps or less i will start to periodize the weight.
175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2010, 11:29:08 AM »
dude fuck those "studies" your listening to, thats a shitty way to train. your muscles arent going to respond to that training. next time your in the gym try doing 4 or 5 heavy sets in the 5-10 rep range for just one body part. watch how weak you are. you wont be able to lift shit after 2 sets. your muscles are only used to doing one set. that isnt any way to train at all. and protein synthesis only occurs for the first 48 hours post exercise? go do 10 good heavy sets and tell me how many days it takes for your muscle to heal. 48 hours 48 shmourz. if your sore its because your muscle is tore up. your muscle grows bigger and stronger when you tear it up. its a defensive reaction/adaptation. one set gonna tear your muscle up?? nah..     and if you are just gonna do one set, then at least give every muscle its own exercise, and do that set to failure, and raise your frequency up to every other day or every third day depending on soreness. 

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »
i would like to workout every 2nd day on a m-w-f schedule.

studies show that working out m-w-f gives you between 20-25% more strength and mass gains as twice a week. ( i also have a suspicion that proper pre/post workout nutrition would increase this % and help with recovery issues )

however at present it isn't really feasible for me due to my work/study circumstances.

when i have did this in the past with hst, i did slightly more than the recommended workout as i also thought volume was a must. While i was very big back then, and completely natural i was overtrained all the time. i had constant colds, flus, coughs, and whatever else was going around. whenever i went out drinking i was dying for at least 2 days, then always that week i would get a sickness of some sort. my strength wouldn't budge, and was slowly dwindling.

i ditched volume for a reason candy - chronic overtraining syndrome.

if at the end of this i look like shit and my strength has disappeared i'll hold my hands up and say i was mistaken. Until then i cannot abandon my beliefs which have been founded in studies and logical conclusions because of broscience and gym myths.

i base everything i do on scientific studies, and personal results. This will never change.

i'm not saying volume doesn't work, i'm just saying it doesn't work for me, and i don't believe its optimal for most people.
175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 01:04:06 PM »
volume dicates rest time. less volume=less damage=faster recovery=higher frequency. more volume=more damage=longer recovery=less frequency. growth is an adaptation/defense response to muscle damage. muscle damage occurs when lifting excessive load. more volume= more damage= more growth. less volume=less damage= less growth. again, volume dictates recovery time.  doing one set per exercise is going to do very minimal damage, and only to a portion of the muscle fibers. mulitple sets in 5-10 rep range (upper body) means damage throughout the entire muscle, throw in a few sets in the low reps and high reps to ensure stimulation to all fiber types. 

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 01:32:19 PM »
candy it is my belief that load is the most important factor for gains. once you lift a load to failure or near it with a decent level of metabolic stimulation i.e. enough reps, anything more than that is simply burning calories and further tearing down muscle. yes the more sets, the longer the recovery time, but that doesn't mean you will grow any more. if it was volume and not load that dictated gains you could lift 50lbs and simply add a rep or 2 every week and you would grow forever, clearly that is not the case. once your muscle fibres increase in size to handle a load without trouble ( i.e. without tearing down)  all it needs to lift that load is fuel/calories.

regardless of my entertaining the notion, the fact is science has already agreed that load is the most important factor for hypertrophy.

now the 2nd part is frequency, obviously the more frequently you can use a load that stresses the muscle beyond what its use to the more you will grow. studies also show us that 36-48 hours is the time scale for increased protein synthesis, so that should be the optimum workout schedule to maximise the synthesis response. however there is a problem with that - CNS.

As you have stated the more volume you use the longer your CNS takes to recover. studies show the CNS can take up to 72 hours to recover minimum and in some people 96 hours. so ideally you want to avoid CNS fatigue - which extra sets would most certainly provide/cause.

i could quite literally post around 50 studies all backing up what I'm saying.

Also regarding your claim on rep ranges, again its load that determines growth. i.e. anything from 50% rm to 100% rm will cause hypertrophy - that's all types of hypertrophy - i.e. sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar, and all fibre types increase in size too i.e. type I, IIa, IIb

there is no way to selectively stimulate 1 part.

I'm not saying there is no benefit in lifting various rep ranges. obviously that may be of benefit in terms of periodization. however make no mistake its the change in load that comes from the different rep ranges that's really having the effect - not the rep number itself - reps do not matter, once a minimum metabolic stimulation is achieved i.e. 6 reps+

you could even get that metabolic stimulation with single reps if you do enough - think of metabolic stimulation as time under tension.
175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 04:56:48 PM »
you know what fries your cns? going to failure. and not taking days off. extra volume takes extra time to recover because the muscle itself has to repair more damage and grow more muscle. not because extra stress on the cns. more volume=more damage=more growth=longer recovery. less volume=less damage=less growth=faster recovery.

think of a piece of paper. pull it apart, a slight tear occurs. now the paper is a little bit bigger, because of the space inbetween the tear. once that tear is filled in with new paper, you have a bigger piece of paper. thats what happens to your muscle. you lift excessive load, tears occur. now the muscle becomes larger once those tears get filled with new muscle.

heres a solid line=

now heres that same line with a tear in it

______         ____________

its a longer line now right? heres that same line once that tear is filled in

do you see how that works? 

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2010, 11:11:32 AM »
slept late today, so no breakfast.

meal 1 - KFC zinger burger = 490cals - 27p, 48c, 22f

snack - coffee + 2 chunky kitkats = 591cals - 9p, 67c, 32f

steady state cardio - 90 mins @ 115-120 bpm, i did it while watching celtic fc beat hearts  8) it was very easy.

meal 2 - spaghetti bolognese = 522cals - 45p, 58c, 12f

meal 3 - cajun chicken fettucini - 384cals - 36p, 39c, 8f

daily totals = 1987cals, 117p, 211c, 73f
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2010, 12:50:06 PM »
you know what fries your cns? going to failure. and not taking days off.

yes this is correct.

extra volume takes extra time to recover because the muscle itself has to repair more damage and grow more muscle. not because extra stress on the CNS. more volume=more damage=more growth=longer recovery. less volume=less damage=less growth=faster recovery.

no this is very very wrong, in fact it is a classic brologic mistake candy. Yes more volume does cause more damage, which in turn causes the muscle to take longer to heal and overcompensate, it also taxes the CNS more, causing that to also need longer to replenish. however you do not get more growth, you get less growth, less strength and have to reduce your frequency which is a very big no no if hypertrophy is your goal.

proof that its better to do less volume more frequently, than higher volume less frequently in experienced subjects:

Comparison of 1 Day and 3 Days Per Week of  Equal-Volume Resistance Training in Experienced Subjects
McLESTER et al

There is not a strong research basis for current views of the importance of individual training variables in strength training protocol design. This study compared 1 day versus 3 days of resistance training per week in recreational weight trainers with the training volume held constant between the treatments. Subjects were randomly assigned to 1 of 2 groups: 1 day per week of 3 sets to failure (1DAY) or 3 days per week of 1 set to failure (3DAY). Relative intensity (percent of initial 1 repetition maximum [1RM]) was varied throughout the study in both groups by using a periodized repetition range of 3-10. Volume (repetitions x mass) did not differ (p <= 0.05) between the groups over the 12 weeks. The 1RMs of various upper-and lower-body exercises were assessed at baseline and at weeks 6 and 12. The 1RMs increased (p <= 0.05) significantly for the combined groups over time.  The 1DAY group achieved ~62% of the 1RM increases observed in the 3DAY group in both upper-body and lower-body lifts. Larger increases in lean body mass were apparent in the 3DAY group. The findings suggest that a higher frequency of resistance training, even when volume is held constant, produces superior gains in 1RM. However, training only 1 day per week was an effective means of increasing strength, even in experienced recreational weight trainers. From a dose-response perspective, with the total volume of exercise held constant, spreading the training frequency to 3 doses per week produced superior results.

proof that greater frequency produces better results in both strength and hypertrophy than greater volume:

Comparison of 2 vs 3 days/week of variable resistance training during 10- and 18-week programs.
braith et al

The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of resistance training performed either 2 days/week or 3 days/week. One hundred and seventeen sedentary volunteers were randomly assigned to one of the two training groups or a control group. Twenty-two men (27 +/- 5 years) and 22 women (26 +/- 5 years) trained for 10 weeks. Twenty-five men (26 +/- 5 years) and 22 women (24 +/- 5 years) trained for 18 weeks. Twenty-six subjects served as controls and did not train. Training consisted of a single set of variable resistance bilateral knee extensions performed to volitional fatigue with a weight load that allowed seven to ten repetitions. Prior to and immediately following training, isometric strength was evaluated at 70, 85, 100, 115, 130, 145, 160, and 171 degrees of knee extension with a Nautilus knee extension tensiometer. All groups who trained showed a significant increase in peak isometric strength when compared with controls (P less than 0.01). Groups that trained 3 days/week increased peak isometric strength (10 weeks = 21.2%; 18 weeks = 28.4%) to a greater extent (P less than 0.05) than groups that trained 2 days/week (10 weeks = 13.5%; 18 weeks = 20.9%). We conclude that resistance training 2 days/week significantly improves knee extension isometric strength; however, the magnitude of strength gain is greater when training is performed 3 days/week.  These data indicate that the adult exerciser (18 to 38 years) training 2 days/week may derive approximately 80% of the isometric strength benefits achieved by those training 3 days/week.

Proof that 1 set is just as effective as 3 sets for strength and hypertrophy in experienced subjects :

Single versus multiple sets in long-term recreational weightlifters
hass c.j. et al

Purpose: The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of increasing training volume from one set to three sets on muscular
strength, muscular endurance, and body composition in adult recreational weight lifters. Methods: Forty-two adults (age 39.7 6 6.2
yr; 6.2 6 4.6 yr weight training experience) who had been performing one set using a nine-exercise resistance training circuit (RTC)
for a minimum of 1 yr participated in this study. Subjects continued to perform one set (EX-1; N 5 21) or performed three sets (EX-3;
N 5 21) of 8–12 repetitions to muscular failure 3 days per week for 13 wk using RTC. One repetition maximums (1-RM) were measured
for leg extension (LE), leg curl (LC), chest press (CP), overhead press (OP), and biceps curl (BC). Muscular endurance was evaluated
for the CP and LE as the number of repetitions to failure using 75% of pretraining 1-RM. Body composition was estimated using the
sum of seven skinfold measures. Results: Both groups significantly improved muscular endurance and 1 RM strength (EX-1 by: 13.6%
LE; 9.2% LC; 11.9% CP; 8.7% OP; 8.3% BC; and EX-3 by: 12.8% LE; 12.0% LC; 13.5% CP; 12.4% OP; 10.3% BC) (P , 0.05).
Both groups significantly improved lean body mass (P , 0.05). No significant differences between groups were found for any of the
test variables (P . 0.05).  Conclusion: Both groups significantly improved muscular fitness and body composition as a result of the
13 wk of training. The results show that one-set programs are still effective even after a year of training and that increasing training
volume over 13 wk does not lead to significantly greater improvements in fitness for adult recreational weight lifters

There are actually over 35 studies that show single sets to be equally as effective as multiple sets for strength and hypertrophy. i will not post them all.

If you are interested i suggest you google for:
Carpinelli
Otto
Winett
Westcott
and also read up on HST by Bryan haycock and the science behind it.

I hope this has been educational for you and has helped you realize why i train the way i do, and why you should too.  :)

think of a piece of paper. pull it apart, a slight tear occurs. now the paper is a little bit bigger, because of the space inbetween the tear. once that tear is filled in with new paper, you have a bigger piece of paper. thats what happens to your muscle. you lift excessive load, tears occur. now the muscle becomes larger once those tears get filled with new muscle.

heres a solid line=

now heres that same line with a tear in it

______         ____________

its a longer line now right? heres that same line once that tear is filled in

do you see how that works?  

hahahahahahahahahahahaha ha
175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
i cant force you to drink, all i can do is lead you to the water..

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2010, 05:57:09 PM »
i cant force you to drink, all i can do is lead you to the water..

brologic is a curse candy. Free your mind and learn from buddha.
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2010, 05:08:59 AM »
Sunday weigh in - 248.25lbs

Weight loss this week = 3lbs  8)

total weight loss = 5.5lbs

slept late again today  8)

meal 1 - eggs, beans and coffee = 735cals, 51p, 68c, 29f

meal 2 - spaghetti bolognese = 522cals - 45p, 58c, 12

snack - coffee and chunky kitkat = 328cals, 6p, 36c, 18f

meal 3 - chicken and ham pasta = 438cals, 35p, 50c, 9f

daily totaly = 2022cals, 138p, 212c, 67f
175lbs by 31st July

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2010, 05:58:31 AM »
Im wth you Panda on the training.I dont do 1 set as such but i pretty much limit my chest training to one exercise to failure, same with everything except back where ill maybe do 2 or 3 depending.
I used to be big oin volume and all i got was colds etc as well.Since ive consistantly been training like this, my strength keeps going up and im never ill and any old injuries seem to be alot more manageable.Good luck

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2010, 08:12:33 AM »
thanks kev.

i would like to add a pull down/pull up movement for my back too, but as i workout from home i don't have the equipment.

i still do deadlifts and rows, if i added a pulldown/pullup i feel that would give complete back stimulation.

from a biomechanical point of view i have my hands in a hammer grip while doing rows, which in theory may work more of the brachialis rather than bicep. So in theory a pulldown/pull up with palms facing me would also work my bi's completely too - or i could add bicep curls i suppose. but i think we are talking minute differences, and probably only relevant if i were going to compete.

Also while emi/ecg studies show different parts of the bi's can be targeted by different isolation movements- they only studied arm isolation exercises not compound exercises effect on the bi's. So compound movements may already stimulate the arm 100% anyway.

this study seems to suggest compound exercises do exactly that and this is why i only use compound exercises:

The Effect of Supplemental Isolated Weight-Training Exercises on Upper-Arm Size and Upper-Body Strength
RA Rogers et al.

The aim of this study was to examine the hypothesized additional training effect of programming isolated supplemental exercises in
conjunction with compound weight-training exercises on muscle size and strength. Seventeen national-level baseball players volunteered to partite in this 10-week training study and were randomly divided into 2 groups. The control group completed a 10-week training program consisting of the bench press, lat pull-down, dumbbell incline press and dumbbell 1-arm row exercises. The treatment group completed the same training program but with the addition of biceps curl and triceps extension exercises. A tape measure was used to record upper-arm cirferences, and a 5 repetition maximum (5RM) was determined on the bench press and lat pull-down for each subject before and after training.

Both the treatment and control groups displayed significant increases in upper-arm cirference (6.6 and 6.5%, respectively), 5RM bench press (21.4 and 22.1%, respectively) and 5RM lat pull-down (15.7 and 14.5%, respectively). There were no significant differences between the groups in the percentage change before and after training.  The findings of this study suggest that isolation exercises are not necessary in order to increase compound movement strength or increase upper-arm girth. These findings also suggest that strength coaches can save time by not including isolation exercises and still achieve increases in strength and size.

175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2010, 09:32:49 AM »
 ;D thanks skip.

i'll keep that in mind  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2010, 10:17:25 AM »
your diet sucks and so does your training! your getting no where, you look the same as you have looked for years!  dude, "broscience" is bad, sure, but bodybuilding isnt rocket science, and you pay way too much attention to "studies". you want to lose that fat stop eating garbage, stick to low fat, low carb meals with protein and veggies and get yoru carbs around your workouts. calories is a calories, very true, so why the fuck you gonna eat spaghetti, snickers, and and all that other shit, all its going to do is get in the way of your body from burning bodyfat.  and one set per workout would be fine, if you were using heavy ass weight and taking it to failure. but 80kg ?? dude, throw at least a few hundred pounds on the bar and get that shit for 1-2-3 reps or whatever you can get. stick with that heavy ass weight till you can do it for a set of 8-10, then increase up to another weight where you can only get a few reps.  this shit aint rocket science

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2010, 11:11:20 AM »
thanks kev.

i would like to add a pull down/pull up movement for my back too, but as i workout from home i don't have the equipment.

i still do deadlifts and rows, if i added a pulldown/pullup i feel that would give complete back stimulation.

from a biomechanical point of view i have my hands in a hammer grip while doing rows, which in theory may work more of the brachialis rather than bicep. So in theory a pulldown/pull up with palms facing me would also work my bi's completely too - or i could add bicep curls i suppose. but i think we are talking minute differences, and probably only relevant if i were going to compete.

Also while emi/ecg studies show different parts of the bi's can be targeted by different isolation movements- they only studied arm isolation exercises not compound exercises effect on the bi's. So compound movements may already stimulate the arm 100% anyway.

this study seems to suggest compound exercises do exactly that and this is why i only use compound exercises:

The Effect of Supplemental Isolated Weight-Training Exercises on Upper-Arm Size and Upper-Body Strength
RA Rogers et al.

The aim of this study was to examine the hypothesized additional training effect of programming isolated supplemental exercises in
conjunction with compound weight-training exercises on muscle size and strength. Seventeen national-level baseball players volunteered to partite in this 10-week training study and were randomly divided into 2 groups. The control group completed a 10-week training program consisting of the bench press, lat pull-down, dumbbell incline press and dumbbell 1-arm row exercises. The treatment group completed the same training program but with the addition of biceps curl and triceps extension exercises. A tape measure was used to record upper-arm cirferences, and a 5 repetition maximum (5RM) was determined on the bench press and lat pull-down for each subject before and after training.

Both the treatment and control groups displayed significant increases in upper-arm cirference (6.6 and 6.5%, respectively), 5RM bench press (21.4 and 22.1%, respectively) and 5RM lat pull-down (15.7 and 14.5%, respectively). There were no significant differences between the groups in the percentage change before and after training.  The findings of this study suggest that isolation exercises are not necessary in order to increase compound movement strength or increase upper-arm girth. These findings also suggest that strength coaches can save time by not including isolation exercises and still achieve increases in strength and size.

when I was playing baaseball in high school my bench went up five pounds every workout for like 6 months when I first started lifting. This study is not going to apply to bbers who lift weights year round week in and week out there has to be more stimulus . Most baseball players are so fucked up with weightlifting anywyas that they will train like idiots and curl twinkies and gain something because they are that out of shape. Shut the fuck up and listen to Tbombz.
l