Author Topic: Hardcore gyms in Vegas  (Read 11175 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Hardcore gyms in Vegas
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2021, 08:55:11 AM »
Look at Jay Cutler's youtube channel. He changes gym's frequently in Vegas. Gives you a good idea what they look like.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2021, 06:55:49 PM »
Look at Jay Cutler's youtube channel. He changes gym's frequently in Vegas. Gives you a good idea what they look like.

This was a particularly good episode

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2021, 03:36:41 PM »
Almost 100% - Behind The Scenes At The Dragon's Lair Las Vegas

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2021, 10:03:21 PM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2021, 09:39:13 AM »
Nice forearms. :o

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2021, 06:09:17 PM »
OPEN HOUSE AT THE DRAGON'S LAIR!

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2021, 06:30:09 PM »

Yes, run into Jay at various LVAC facilities. By the way, these are great gyms as well...

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2021, 07:27:15 PM »
Many people nowadays don't know the details, but Milos is the first one to invite Flex, back in 2005 to come to California, stay in his house, train in his Koloseum Gym, and signed him up to endorse his Supplement Line "Koloseum Nutritional Sciences" (KNS).

Newly opened "The Dragon's Lair" Gym in Las Vegas Tour with Flex Lewis

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2021, 03:50:03 PM »
Opening Weekend At The Dragon’s Lair Las Vegas - Part 2

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2021, 03:54:28 PM »
I don't see how places like this can survive.

So expensive. I've never pay half that to "work out".

Are there really that many hardcore lifters in Vegas?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2021, 04:24:27 PM »
I don't see how places like this can survive.

So expensive. I've never pay half that to "work out".

Are there really that many hardcore lifters in Vegas?

I’m thinking the same

Gyms like planet fitness are smart, they are one of the few that are successful, even 24 hour fitness, LA, lifetime, all struggling

These hardcore gyms, if you are in it for business and success, how many of those are even profitable

Destination Dallas here has switched a few owners already, started off as metro flex originally, but been through a handful of owners and I reckon will go through more in the future

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2021, 07:39:49 PM »
Vegas is a tourist draw, it has plenty of strippers that need to keep in shape, fans will make pilgrimages to train around the pros like in Venice, etc.

More bodybuilders are moving there all the time:

SHAWN RHODEN & LAURALIE CHAPADOS UPDATES!

It doesn't hurt that Nevada has no state income tax.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2021, 07:50:18 PM »
Vegas is a tourist draw, it has plenty of strippers that need to keep in shape, fans will make pilgrimages to train around the pros like in Venice, etc.

Doubt it

Getting saturated already, seems there’s the hardcore gym opening up every other month

sway

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2021, 08:02:12 PM »
Flex seems to know what he’s doing. He’s promoting it like it’s the new “Mecca of Bodybuilding”.
It’s not a very big gym at all either. He’s got lots of pro bodybuilders training there daily with more coming. It’s for the dreamers and wanna-bes to pay to train there. Combine that with the tourists and the gym should be just fine.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2021, 08:28:12 PM »
Flex seems to know what he’s doing. He’s promoting it like it’s the new “Mecca of Bodybuilding”.
It’s not a very big gym at all either. He’s got lots of pro bodybuilders training there daily with more coming. It’s for the dreamers and wanna-bes to pay to train there. Combine that with the tourists and the gym should be just fine.

Hi Flex! ;D

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2021, 09:05:17 PM »

Yes, cause pro bbers and “hardcore” gyms are very successful compared to the everyday average gym goers that keep the gym business afloat

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2021, 09:12:44 PM »
Yes, cause pro bbers and “hardcore” gyms are very successful compared to the everyday average gym goers that keep the gym business afloat

Every single one of them in Houston has failed.

There are not enough "hardcore" lifters that are willing to pay a retarded amount of money to keep them afloat.

Strippers go the the cheap 24 hour places, they don't spend money on stupid things like this.

Look at the way the place is decorated. It's for dudes. Women don't like that corny shit.  ;D

Yeah they will have a handful of tourists a day. How much is that going to net them? $20?

Look at all the pros who did the gym thing. Notice they are almost all closed.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2021, 10:13:39 PM »

There are not enough "hardcore" lifters that are willing to pay a retarded amount of money to keep them afloat.

Strippers go the the cheap 24 hour places, they don't spend money on stupid things like this.

Look at the way the place is decorated. It's for dudes. Women don't like that corny shit.  ;D

Yeah they will have a handful of tourists a day. How much is that going to net them? $20?

And those pros going to these gyms, they aren’t paying, they are proud “ifbb thong warriors” where’s the money going to come from?

These bbers have an IQ of a box of rocks, should all listen to Vince Goodrum’s advices instead

sway

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2021, 07:58:16 AM »

The gym is small.... it’s not designed for lots of people. Its got a cap on memberships and will go private if it  effects Flex and the others training.
You guys act like Flex is opening a huge franchise gym in the suburbs somewhere. He’s also not doing this as his major source of income. You can also cater to a niche group easily in this town. Hardly any gyms ever close here. In fact it’s just the opposite. No matter what side of town you live, there’s numerous options for gyms. But there’s nothing like what Flex is doing.
Hide and Iris are going to be doing the more traditional gym, a powerhouse franchise opening soon. And he’ll have Milos there too. Lift Factory is hardcore and doing just fine here too. You guys are underestimating the dreamers, wannabe pros and tourists. No one is in Cali anymore, they’re all coming here now.
If you don’t live here, you guys just don’t know what you’re talking about.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2021, 08:11:45 AM »
Last time I was in Vegas I got straight off the plane from a long overseas trip, from a connect in LA. Had a huge night out, and went to the gym after a big night out and a breakfast with far higher carbs than I am used to (pancakes and other shit).

Anyhow, I went to the gym and was pumped and vascular as fuck! Veins etc popping out all over the place. Very obvious others were looking at me.

Had to pull out the phone and capture some pix which I hardly ever do to capture the moment.

My theory is that I was dehydrated from the flight, and all the alcohol and coke etc the night prior, and then my body just super fast absorbed all the sugars from breakfast. Combine that with good lighting and flattering mirrors and BOOM! So I kind of did a competition peak prep, without even realizing it!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2021, 08:20:35 AM »

Lauralie must daddy issues.  Either he is still living off of that last O check or she is taking care of him.  I see ZERO benefits for her.  Wasting her youth on this clown.  Where is his wife and daughter?

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2021, 08:26:56 AM »
Flex had a nice deal going with the Dragon's lair gym down here in Boca.  He would do seminars and people would pay through the nose to attend them. 

DerrickRigg.bber

• Getbig II
  • 6'2", 277lb. bodybuilder
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2021, 08:56:35 AM »
A lot of the hardcore gyms should have applied for one of the many PPP loans that started coming out last year. That might have saved some of them.

Had a buddy in Houston with a bar with small restaurant offering who got two PPP loans for the past 14 months.

Do miss my Vegas trips.
F

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2021, 09:54:50 AM »
A lot of the hardcore gyms should have applied for one of the many PPP loans that started coming out last year. That might have saved some of them.

Had a buddy in Houston with a bar with small restaurant offering who got two PPP loans for the past 14 months.

Do miss my Vegas trips.
How will they pay them back?  These low margin businesses have trouble making it without more loans to pay back.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2021, 03:23:00 PM »
I know someone who used their gym business front desk cash takings to launder the money they made from drugs... made more money from that than memberships!  ;D

Far be it from me to suggest anything like that still goes on...
T