Author Topic: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.  (Read 118978 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2014, 02:40:55 PM »

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »
Oh, I get it.  A moron like you does not like skepticism and the Scientific Method where ideas and evidence and claims are always challenged and scrutinized in order to cast false information aside, getting to truth and sound principles.

People like you are the reason why bad ideas, like Islam can spread because you believe they shouldn`t be checked.  

you actually make the claim that the Divine does not exist so your in the same boat, prove your conclusion.

also meditation can be approached with a scientific mind and the benefits realized like a peaceful and serene mind and a calm and de-stressed body, nothing airy fairy there right.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2014, 02:54:36 PM »
you actually make the claim that the Divine does not exist so your in the same boat, prove your conclusion.

also meditation can be approached with a scientific mind and the benefits realized like a peaceful and serene mind and a calm and de-stressed body, nothing airy fairy there right.

Sciences (anthropology, ethology, archeology, psychology to name a few) prove day after day our ancestors created gods and godesses everywhere on earth because they were scared of death. But you re not educated enough to reach that level of understanding. Just like adonis said, keep believing in magical mumbo jumbo, it is actually better suited for people of your intelligence.
We told you what , who to read and you obviously didnt so far, accusing us of "godless neo nazism??" for advising you to do so, so any kind of argument with you is pointless, you re simply backward.  

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2014, 02:58:47 PM »
your not intelligent enough to separate belief in gods and goddesses from what I am really interested in, your conditioned to lump it all under the same banner.

Putting the subject of god aside you cannot so easily disprove the value of meditation which has been shown to have 'real world' benefits in many controlled studies.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2014, 02:59:19 PM »

Moron, how come you don`t ask me to prove that there are no talking alligators flying jet airplanes above 80,000 feet? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2014, 03:01:38 PM »
your not intelligent enough to separate belief in gods and goddesses from what I am really interested in, your conditioned to lump it all under the same banner.

Putting the subject of god aside you cannot so easily disprove the value of meditation which has been shown to have 'real world' benefits in many controlled studies.
Meditation has zero to do with mysticism, genius. 

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2014, 03:02:45 PM »
I wonder if they'll apologize now for the burning of Giordano Bruno  >:(

The world lost a monumental genius that day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2014, 03:04:38 PM »
I just can't wrap my head around the simplest things when it comes to religion.

Why do we not take the Greek gods seriously anymore?

What about the Ancient Egyptian gods?

What made those gods so rediculous, that they were no longer taken seriously?

Zeus living atop Mt. Olympus? Thats so rediculous.

God living in the clouds? Thats all of a sudden believable?

Hades reigning supreme over the underworld? Thats rediculous.

Satan waiting for you in a fiery pit of hell? Sounds perfectly logical.

Do you guys see how dumb this all sounds?

Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess  :-\

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2014, 03:05:16 PM »
Meditation has zero to do with mysticism, genius. 

what the fuck do you know about it fuck face? that's right fuck all because you don't meditate.

And btw yes it does.  :-*

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2014, 03:10:33 PM »
did I say godless? I don't mind if people want to live without belief or experience of what I consider to be God, it annoys me when atheists make it their life mission to prove the non existence of such things. As it annoys me when theists of whatever religion make it their goal to convince and convert.

To me spirituality comes with being alive its not something to pick up from this or that religion or path as much as it comes with this body, breath and mind.

God to me would be what one experiences in profound meditation and devotion, inseparable from nirvana, samadhi, mystic union.

It was "anti-god," sorry. Still not sure I fully understand, but appreciate the reply. Thank you.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2014, 03:11:42 PM »
did I say godless? I don't mind if people want to live without belief or experience of what I consider to be God, it annoys me when atheists make it their life mission to prove the non existence of such things. As it annoys me when theists of whatever religion make it their goal to convince and convert.

To me spirituality comes with being alive its not something to pick up from this or that religion or path as much as it comes with this body, breath and mind.

God to me would be what one experiences in profound meditation and devotion, inseparable from nirvana, samadhi, mystic union.

Agree, both equally annoying.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2014, 03:15:06 PM »
Agree, both equally annoying.
Looks like you want to share BigRo`s Dunce cap as well.

Do me a favor and watch this.  Hell do yourself a favor actually.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2014, 03:31:46 PM »
Looks like you want to share BigRo`s Dunce cap as well.

Do me a favor and watch this.  Hell do yourself a favor actually.

You missed the point. Or maybe I did. What I meant (and thought I'd read from Ro) was endlessly cramming your shit down people's throats, from either side, is annoying. If faith helps or comforts my friends and family, why would I want to interfere? That's some selfish bullshit there, so shove your f'n dunce cap up your ass, Adam.

If (as it certainly appears to me) science leads us further and further away from the probability of a creator, it doesn't bother me an iota. I'm already convinced, and science was only partly responsible.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2014, 03:36:38 PM »
You missed the point. Or maybe I did. If (as it certainly appears to me) science leads us further and further away from the probability of a creator, it doesn't bother me an iota. I'm already convinced, and science was only partly responsible.

What I meant (and thought I'd read from Ro) was endlessly cramming your shit down peoples throats, from either side, is annoying. If faith helps or comforts my friends and family, why would I want to interfere? That's some selfish bullshit there, so shove your f'n dunce hat up your ass, Adam.
You clearly missed the point then.  The point is that we should never sit idly by and let dumb ideas continue to spread by not challenging them at every opportunity.

Cutting off heads of infidels gives great comfort to many people in Islam as well and I am sure it comforts them greatly.  I guess in your fucked up world, we should just keep silent and praise them for following their holy book literally because it brings them comfort.  ::)

The same is true with Bigro`s bullshit mumbo jumbo.  His bad ideas and wrong information is not as extreme as Islam of course, but they are false just the same.  Bad ideas comfort many people, that does not make them true and that does not mean they are free from criticism or scrutiny.  Without doing so, such ideas spread and people like you essentially give them a rubber stamp because you are too scared to say anything and point out why they are incorrect.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2014, 03:42:41 PM »
You clearly missed the point then.  The point is that we should never sit idly by and let dumb ideas continue to spread by not challenging them at every opportunity.

Cutting off heads of infidels gives great comfort to many people in Islam as well and I am sure it comforts them greatly.  I guess in your fucked up world, we should just keep silent and praise them for following their holy book literally because it brings them comfort.  ::)

The same is true with Bigro`s bullshit mumbo jumbo.  His bad ideas and wrong information is not as extreme as Islam of course, but they are false just the same.  Bad ideas comfort many people, that does not make them true and that does not mean they are free from criticism or scrutiny.  Without doing so, such ideas spread and people like you essentially give them a rubber stamp because you are too scared to say anything and point out why they are incorrect.

You obviously haven't read any of my posts. Enjoy your mission.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2014, 07:18:21 PM »
No kidding. A person suggesting there is a man in the sky, but with no proof of such, is the one with the burden to find proof. Not the folks who remain grounded in reality.

Man in the sky = Strawman

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2014, 07:22:14 PM »
I don`t have to.  You make the claim it exists, you have to prove it.

Kinda like your physique and your pictures.

The existence of life, for one, is proof of God just as the existence of books is evidence of their authors. The reason scientists have not cracked the mystery (to the materialists anyway) to the origin of life is that the answer lies beyond the scientific scope.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2014, 12:57:58 AM »
The existence of life, for one, is proof of God just as the existence of books is evidence of their authors. The reason scientists have not cracked the mystery (to the materialists anyway) to the origin of life is that the answer lies beyond the scientific scope.

Dude.

Please explain. Your analogy doesn't work, friend. Other possible explanations for life, but none for a book. Agree it probably can never be explained definitively, but the 'Gaps' explanation is no explanation.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2014, 01:07:31 AM »
It appears the Catholics are bending with the times.

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2014, 02:14:08 AM »
Simple minded people pathologically incapable of critical thinking and would fight tooth and nail to defend their indoctrination.

'God' in the Christian world will be dead in 50 years.

That's what the Romans said 2000 yrs. ago.

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2014, 02:24:41 AM »
Its 2014 stop believing in some invisible man in the sky and do something constructive.

Like posting on GB? ;D

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2014, 03:19:06 AM »
Like posting on GB? ;D

Or in Darren's case, watching re-runs of Danny Dyer's hardest men. ;D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2014, 04:45:24 AM »
America is one of the most immoral countries in the world spreading their disgusting lifestyle to the rest of the planet that is what pisses off the muslims, humans want to give into temptation and live the dirty lifestyle of alcohol, sex with strangers etc like sodom and gomorrah and they want the church to go along with it claiming morals are outdated so they can feel better about their disgusting selves.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2014, 06:34:32 AM »
First Pope that I (Atheist) actually like: he's humble, honest, stands up for abused and discriminated people, he's more trustworthy than all politicians combined.