Author Topic: To people that have an PS4, and not a xbox one.  (Read 12930 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: To people that have an PS4, and not a xbox one.
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 05:37:31 PM »
I think the PS4 looks better here than the PC version.  Sorry.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 05:40:42 PM »

I like the look on the right. (PC side)

That's just me of course.

Both versions are good, I just think it looks a little prettier on PC. A few more reflection textures and what not.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2015, 05:41:23 PM »
This generation I went with a ps4.  With certain titles the ps4 looks and plays better.  The controllers are made of lightweight weak plastic with flimsy triggers.  XBONE wins hands down here.
PC of course gives better graphics, but at what cost and with a smaller market share in overall gaming software...the money is in the consoles for developers.  Not as much theft and so on.  You'll find games are optimized quite well for the ps4.  Not to mention quite a few titles launch with issues on PC...commonly.
I actually tried the XBONE next to the ps4 and the ps4 was cleaner looking, smoother, etc.  The ps4 has 50% more graphics shaders and is running ddr5 vs. ddr3 ram.  Another advantage.
The XBONE is a weaker console and unlike the last generation, the architecture is the same....so you see games looking better on the ps4 right away.  Last gen, the PS3 took years to see the potential.
Some simply don't care about the graphic bump though.  I switched when Microsoft tried pulling the DRM bs out of the gate and forced kinect down your throat.  Ever since, they've been trying to catch up...straight idiots running that before.  The new head of Xbox is a bit better.
N

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2015, 05:43:26 PM »
Not quite sure what you are saying, both would move at the same speed or at same time, just the ps4 would skip more frames, and seem more juddery or violent, and smoother on pc
What I am saying is that I do not like 60 FPS.

There are a lot of people like me actually who do not like the look of 60 fps at all.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2015, 05:44:39 PM »
Not quite sure what you are saying, both would move at the same speed or at same time, just the ps4 would skip more frames, and seem more juddery or violent, and smoother on pc

hes just trying to sound smart and important U havent figured that out yet?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2015, 05:46:26 PM »
What I am saying is that I do not like 60 FPS.

There are a lot of people like me actually who do not like the look of 60 fps at all.

Never heard anyone say that before, but I dont doubt the minority exist.

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2015, 05:47:00 PM »
I beat Witcher 3 on Death March and completed every single quest, contract, side quest and treasure hunt!

Nice!! I've managed to beat every quest, contract, and side quest on normal. Minus "Skellege's Most Wanted", as it's glitched and not completable. Excitedly waiting for the Hearts of Stone dlc. :D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2015, 05:48:43 PM »

Nice!! I've managed to beat every quest, contract, and side quest on normal. Minus "Skellege's Most Wanted", as it's glitched and not completable. Excitedly waiting for the Hearts of Stone dlc. :D

How was your asshole after this one?

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »
In fast-paced ego shooters on PC for example you might want to have well above 200 fps.
Input lag and choppy movement or aim will ruin the game for you.
©

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 05:59:17 PM »
How was your asshole after this one?

Haha. Luckily, Geralt saw the ass lube residue with his witcher sight and, sensing something foul afoot, promptly ignored the false plea for help.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2015, 06:47:42 PM »
I might just get a new Xbox one, would suck to have to buy the few games I still play over again  >:(
Fucking ecosystems.  >:( >:(
A

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2015, 09:32:48 PM »
I no longer have an Xbox one.

I traded it in for a 3DS XL.

I play a lot of games on my PC though.

I have an i7 with 32GB of ram and an SLI 4-Way Nvidia Titan setup though. So I'm in the minority when it comes to hardware.

I duplicate out to an HDMI splitter and around to my TV in my game room. I have a PS4 controller I use with this: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2455701,00.asp

It works great.

I do keep my PS4 for some exclusives and I actually played my most recent Batman Arkham fix on PS4. It was highly enjoyable there and while not quite as visually stunning as the PC version, the PC version had far too many bugs.

Still, PC graphics are always going to be a little bit better and a little bit smoother.

If you like Microsoft exclusives, stick it out, if you think you'll play more Naughty Dog or just things that are on both, then go get your PS4 and don't look back.

LOL ND just cried himself to sleep

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2015, 09:34:40 PM »
LOL ND just cried himself to sleep

The 24GB of Video RAM makes a lot of things look pretty.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2015, 11:24:34 PM »

I prefer the ps4 too. Mainly because the colours you get through the ps4 (and ps3) are much richer and brighter. The pc has a redish hue to it. In fact I run everything through ps4/ps3 for the image quality and brightness. netflix, youtube, blu rays, online movies, everything! Human skin tones are always spot on with no red hue to them.

Never been able to match the playstation colours anywhere else no matter how much I try tweak the settings. It's particularly good with a projector where a reddish hue can be a lot more of an issue

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2015, 12:30:56 AM »
How about being a man and stop playing games that should be reserved for pimple faced teens?

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2015, 03:51:01 AM »
How about being a man and stop playing games that should be reserved for pimple faced teens?
Those days are over...have you been around the past 20 years?  The average gamer age is 31.  Gone are the days of gaming is for kids.  Spending 59 hours a week on World of Warcraft....inexcusable at any age.
N

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2015, 04:20:48 AM »
Those days are over...have you been around the past 20 years?  The average gamer age is 31.  Gone are the days of gaming is for kids.  Spending 59 hours a week on World of Warcraft....inexcusable at any age.

Does that 31 year old still live his parents?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 06:07:56 AM »
I have a powerful PC that I built and I do play games but I absolutely hate it really.  Shit never works correctly and the controls never feel right or as smooth as on a console.

I much rather play games on a PS4 than my CPU.

Use https://inputmapper.com/ to use your ps4 controller instead of a kb/mouse.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 06:09:42 AM »
Does that 31 year old still live his parents?

Doesn't matter - playing video games is no different than watching a movie or any other form of entertainment.  The games have progressed.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2015, 06:53:48 AM »
Bought a PS4 recently.  Hated the decision.  None of my PS3 games work which sucks since I have a good game library.  All of the online shit is not needed.  The PS4 is a fucking Wifi hog.  Just hate it.  I notice that I rarely play games anymore since I bought it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2015, 06:57:49 AM »
In a nutshell:
PC > PS4 > crap > XBOX

LOL    ;D

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2015, 06:59:09 AM »
On a side note:
All these new generation consoles will spy you like crazy once they're connected to the net.
Talking bout that kinect-like stuff and built-in microphones.
Not to mention Smart-TVs.
Same shit.

©

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2015, 07:04:47 AM »
pc, I feel is for technology enthusiasts, costs more, different configurations and settings required to play titles, shit ports, most games are held back to console standards anyway.

for the vast majority just looking to get in and play games then get a ps4 or xbone, only question is do you prefer halo or uncharted, for the general spectrum of 3rd party titles ps4 plays the majority with higher settings, resolution and fps.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2015, 07:07:02 AM »
PS4 vs Xbox One?

PS4 plays blu-rays.  I don't believe the Xbox One does.

The PS4/PS3 versions of Netflix are the best, I read somewhere.

PS4 is a better entertainment system overall.  Some people even use it to watch blu-rays, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. more than they use it to play games.

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2015, 07:12:34 AM »
I have built my own computers in the past, and while I agree it gives you more options, better graphics, cheaper (free) games at times,

There are also many downsides to that...

1) stuck at a desk,
2) Computer monitor size (generally smaller)
3) Games that come out MUCH later on PC  [ GTA V came out over a year later on PC ]
4) Random Crashing from getting too fancy on your performance boosts. Or burning out your card or other components
5) Costing 3 to 4 times more than a console...
6) Playing sports games with friends (Madden, NHL) with numerous controllers all huddled around a PC not practical

But I must say certain RPG games MUST be played on PC with mouse and keyboard setup, and I just cant play shooters the same way
on console the way I used to on PC, but id rather be on my couch with a wireless controller not giving a fuck about clock-speeds and blowing
paychecks on cooling systems. I'm not a getbig millionaire anymore.