Author Topic: Gun Control  (Read 58774 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Gun Control
« Reply #275 on: May 10, 2023, 08:10:04 PM »
Dumb ass law. Should have never existed in the first place.

Right?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #276 on: May 10, 2023, 08:28:50 PM »
Right?
We tried to overturn it specifically for people that already own guns, why should I wait 10 days for another gun? But of course, the scumbag anti-Americans running CA removed it from the ballot. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #277 on: June 08, 2023, 12:05:52 PM »
California Gov. Gavin Newsom pitches ‘28th Amendment’ to limit gun rights

California Gov. Gavin Newsom unveiled a proposal Thursday to amend the US Constitution to restrict gun ownership rights, including enforcing universal background checks and raising the firearm purchase age to 21.

The Democrat said his “28th Amendment” — which he claims will leave the Second Amendment “unchanged” — calls for four new measures to help end what he called the nation’s “gun violence crisis.”

In addition to background checks and raising the legal age of purchase from 18 years, Newsom’s push involves instituting a firearm purchase waiting period and barring the civilian purchase of “assault weapons.”

Newsom, 55, insisted the “common sense” gun safety measures he is proposing respect “America’s gun-owning tradition” — and claimed his plan had already garnered widespread bipartisan support.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/08/gavin-newsom-pitches-28th-amendment-restricting-gun-rights/

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: June 08, 2023, 05:47:30 PM »

California Gov. Gavin Newsom unveiled a proposal Thursday to amend the US Constitution to restrict gun ownership rights, including enforcing universal background checks and raising the firearm purchase age to 21.

The Democrat said his “28th Amendment” — which he claims will leave the Second Amendment “unchanged” — calls for four new measures to help end what he called the nation’s “gun violence crisis.”

In addition to background checks and raising the legal age of purchase from 18 years, Newsom’s push involves instituting a firearm purchase waiting period and barring the civilian purchase of “assault weapons.”

Newsom, 55, insisted the “common sense” gun safety measures he is proposing respect “America’s gun-owning tradition” — and claimed his plan had already garnered widespread bipartisan support.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/08/gavin-newsom-pitches-28th-amendment-restricting-gun-rights/
Gavin Newsom is a piece of shit.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #279 on: June 08, 2023, 06:27:39 PM »

I’m at a loss – has any sitting governor proposed an amendment to the US Constitution?

Typical out-sized self-regard on the modern Progressive.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #280 on: June 08, 2023, 06:28:01 PM »
Gavin Newsom is a piece of shit.

He’s trying to make this a federal thing. It’ll never happen..besides, there’s more of us than there is them.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: June 20, 2023, 10:49:25 AM »
What could possibly go wrong?

SAF Sues PA Sheriff to Stop Warrantless ‘Safe Storage’ Searches of Gun Owners’ Homes

The Second Amendment Foundation today filed a challenge of Pennsylvania’s promulgated firearms regulation and its enforcement by the Pennsylvania State Police and Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, which includes warrantless searches.

SAF is joined by Shot Tec, LLC and a private citizen, Grant Schmidt. They are represented by attorneys Joshua Prince and Dillon Harris, Civil Rights Defense Firm, of Bechtelsville, Pa. Defendants are Col. Christopher Paris, commissioner of the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) and Montgomery County Sheriff Sean Kilkenny, in their official capacities. The action was filed in the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania.

The petition challenges Col. Paris and the PSP’s “interpretation, implementation and enforcement” of the firearms regulation “which is being enforced” by Kilkenny, according to the court filing. The petition alleges that Sheriff Kilkenny “has implemented a policy…which he contends, based on the PSP’s promulgation and implementation of (the regulation) permit him, in the absence of probable cause and a warrant and in violation of…the Pennsylvania Constitution, to come into those…homes or business.”

Plaintiffs further assert this inspection enables the sheriff to impose sanctions against holders of state licenses to sell firearms “for not having ‘safe storage’” in the event of an emergency when the PSP has “failed to promulgate any regulations addressing what constitute ‘safe storage’ or sufficient safeguards…when the General Assembly only delegated to the PSP the ability to establish such standards.”

“The State Assembly has never enacted a law allowing for warrantless searches of licensees, but the state police promulgated a regulation requiring licensees to submit to such searches, which are now planned by the sheriff’s department,” said SAF Executive Director Adam Kraut. “We believe there are grave constitutional issues involved in this scheme, particularly when an administrative agency simply waives an individual’s constitutional rights by implementing a regulation without any framework from the legislature. Equally troubling is the Sheriff’s assertion that he would revoke a license from and individual asserting their right to be free from unlawful searches and seizures. We have filed this petition to ensure constitutional rights are respected.”

SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb observed, “No statute should allow carte blanche regulations to be imposed by any law enforcement agency because of the inherent danger of overstepping legal authority and constitutional protections which must be protected in a free society. We’re seeking a remedy from the court to stop this, especially when warrantless searches are involved.”

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/saf-sues-pa-sheriff-to-stop-warrantless-safe-storage-searches-of-gun-owners-homes/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2023, 01:58:35 PM »
1 gun you’re a mass murderer, 10 or more you’re a collector

Question, how many guns does it take to be an accomplished, successful mass murderer? Do bombs count?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2023, 02:15:06 PM »
Question, how many guns does it take to be an accomplished, successful mass murderer? Do bombs count?

1 and it doesn’t make any difference if it’s 1 or 100, it all comes down to intent. That being said, it’s not the gun, any gun.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2023, 04:03:47 PM »
Do they call Timothy McVeigh a mass murderer? What about those muzzies in Boston?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2023, 05:27:16 PM »
Do they call Timothy McVeigh a mass murderer? What about those muzzies in Boston?

Swept under the rug. Remember the Vegas shooter? They never even tried to explain that one. They just memory holed it. The trans shooters? Gone already.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2023, 07:15:30 PM »

Which they?

CNN article:

Timothy McVeigh
From decorated veteran to mass murderer

The definition of a Mass murder is the act of murdering a number of people, typically simultaneously or over a relatively short period of time and in proximity. No matter what 'they' call them, terrorists for example, by definition, they are indeed mass murderers.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2023, 08:49:31 PM »
Which they?

CNN article:

Timothy McVeigh
From decorated veteran to mass murderer

The definition of a Mass murder is the act of murdering a number of people, typically simultaneously or over a relatively short period of time and in proximity. No matter what 'they' call them, terrorists for example, by definition, they are indeed mass murderers.
There you go, answered your own question didn't you?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: June 24, 2023, 04:52:33 PM »
"But I’m okay giving up some of that freedom".

Well he can give up all of his freedoms, but since he's a cop he'll probably keep his freedoms and take them away from others.
He goes on to say several other things such as:
"Ultimately, law enforcement, we are the experts. We're the subject matter experts at protecting America."
"Anything that we do, ultimately, we give up something to have that protection."
"We are going to have to give up some things. And I think there are some things that we can give up for a safer community."

Tulsa Top Cop: I’m a Second Amendment Guy…But Giving Up Some of That Freedom Is Fine

Ultimately, I’m a Second Amendment guy. I own guns of course. But I’m okay giving up some of that freedom, right? We had to give up some of that freedom after 9/11. I’m okay with waiting three days, five days, or whatever to get my firearm if I go out and purchase another firearm. So I’m okay with a pause to allow for weapons to be purchased and allow the government and the gun companies to look at the background and do a thorough check before that gun goes to someone.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/tulsa-top-cop-im-a-second-amendment-guybut-giving-up-some-of-that-freedom-is-fine/

https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/local-regional/2023-06-08/tulsa-police-chief-suggests-nation-transform-response-to-gun-violence

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #289 on: June 24, 2023, 06:48:35 PM »
Insane and nuts.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #290 on: June 24, 2023, 07:29:01 PM »

Well he can give up all of his freedoms, but since he's a cop he'll probably keep his freedoms and take them away from others.
"Ultimately, law enforcement, we are the experts. We're the subject matter experts at protecting America."
"Anything that we do, ultimately, we give up something to have that protection."
"We are going to have to give up some things. And I think there are some things that we can give up for a safer community."

Tulsa Top Cop: I’m a Second Amendment Guy…But Giving Up Some of That Freedom Is Fine

Ultimately, I’m a Second Amendment guy. I own guns of course. But I’m okay giving up some of that freedom, right? We had to give up some of that freedom after 9/11. I’m okay with waiting three days, five days, or whatever to get my firearm if I go out and purchase another firearm. So I’m okay with a pause to allow for weapons to be purchased and allow the government and the gun companies to look at the background and do a thorough check before that gun goes to someone.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/tulsa-top-cop-im-a-second-amendment-guybut-giving-up-some-of-that-freedom-is-fine/

https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/local-regional/2023-06-08/tulsa-police-chief-suggests-nation-transform-response-to-gun-violence

Fortunately, police chiefs don't draft legislation.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #291 on: June 24, 2023, 11:58:44 PM »
Jack Posobiec debunks Jon Stewart's claim that firearms are the leading cause of death among American children
by: Human Events Media Group 03/08/2023

Jack Posobiec debunks Jon Stewart's claim that firearms are the leading cause of death among American children

Jack Posobiec took aim at Jon Stewart on Tuesday, who had used his current platform to promote the recently adopted progressive practice of having drag queens read to children in public schools and libraries. When questioning a conservative guest who took issue with the drag story hours, Stewart pivoted to talking about the leading cause of deaths among children as a means to discredit the man.

The only problem is that Stewart was wrong, and Posobiec has the receipts to prove it.

Stewart claimed that the leading cause of death among children was firearms. "That's what it is," Stewart said with authority. "It's firearms, more than cancer more than car accidents."

But it isn't. And Posobiec, who is likely the only conservative to whom Stewart has ever apologized, pointed that out. In fact, the very things that Stewart said were not the leading cause of death—car accidents, cancer—are in the top five. As Posobiec said, abortion is the number one cause of death among children in the US. But among the born children of this nation, drowning tops the list for the age group 1-4. For ages 5-14, cancer and vehicle accidents are the leading cause of mortality.

"The number one and number two killers have children aged five to 14 is exactly what Jon Stewart said it wasn't. He said it wasn't cancer and car crashes. But in fact, that is exactly what the number one and number two causes of child death are in this country. And yet he lied," Posobiec said.

Posobiec looked into the stats cited by Stewart, which "most likely from the Kaiser Family Foundation, which last summer put out a huge headline, firearms are the leading cause of death for children in the United States," he said. That study from Kaiser showed that firearm mortality rates among children in the US are way ahead of similar countries like Canada, France, and Switzerland, among others.

"But just like anything else," Posobiec said, "when you're reading statistics from the left, you have to go a step further and question definitions. How does the Kaiser Family Foundation define a child in this study? I'll tell you how they define children, one through 19 years old."

"They're including teenagers as children in this, Posobiec said.

"Now, let me let me just play a little game with you, you know, little little question game," Posobiec said. "What do you think the leading cause of teenagers is in places like I don't know, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, New Orleans? I do think that that might be a slightly different dataset than the one that he's talking about here."

Overdoses among teens are up across the country. He also noted that included in those firearms stats for teens are gun deaths by suicide. None of these were stats that Stewart brought up on his show.

"Suicides account for the majority of deaths by firearms in the United States at almost 60 percent in some studies," Posobiec said, "so of course, this is included in that. Even if I were to include homicides, and accidental deaths, which is of course what he's talking about, you still have to deal with the fact that it's teenagers involved here, not children."

https://humanevents.com/2023/03/08/jack-posobiec-debunks-jon-stewarts-claim-that-firearms-are-the-leading-cause-of-death-among-american-children

There are two HUGE lies that the Biden keeps repeating, this one and the 1994 “Assault Ban” that ran for 10 years that he’s claimed was a success and reduced gun violence. Nothing could be further from the truth

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: June 25, 2023, 08:20:44 AM »

Anyone that says "I'm a Second Amendment guy...but..." is not a Second Amendment guy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2023, 11:32:59 AM »

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: June 28, 2023, 04:44:48 PM »
Didn't even read the article, good for her!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: July 04, 2023, 12:25:11 AM »
Anyone that says "I'm a Second Amendment guy...but..." is not a Second Amendment guy.

You know the Amendments to the Constitution are all "but"? Right?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: July 04, 2023, 08:02:48 AM »
We get it, you're a bootlicker, you don't have to keep telling us. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: July 04, 2023, 05:32:18 PM »
We get it, you're a bootlicker, you don't have to keep telling us. ;D

So you were unaware ... ok

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #298 on: July 04, 2023, 06:02:33 PM »

Which Amendments? If you’re agreeing with sleepy joe then you know less than first thought.

You realize that the gun control lobby gets their asses handed to them almost on a daily basis just on text, history and tradition alone…right. So you were unaware ….ok

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: July 04, 2023, 07:06:21 PM »
Which Amendments? If you’re agreeing with sleepy joe then you know less than first thought.

You realize that the gun control lobby I gets get their my asses ass handed to them me almost on a daily basis just on text, history and tradition alone…right. So you were unaware ….ok
fixed