Author Topic: Gun Control  (Read 59404 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Gun Control
« Reply #300 on: July 04, 2023, 07:13:19 PM »
fixed

Yeah, voice to text. What ever. Clarify your post

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #301 on: July 04, 2023, 08:13:20 PM »
So you were unaware ... ok
I consider them an "except"  :-* Remember the Constitution is there to limit government power, it's their goal to work around the Constitution to control us, people like you are far too willing to accept their limitations with no resistance (hence the bootlicker remark, well that and your time enforcing their unconstitutional laws)
  When the government can take all of the criminals guns and willingly turn theirs over as well, then I might feel comfortable giving mine up. Until then, 2A all day!!! 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: July 04, 2023, 08:19:37 PM »
I consider them an "except"  :-* Remember the Constitution is there to limit government power, it's their goal to work around the Constitution to control us, people like you are far too willing to accept their limitations with no resistance (hence the bootlicker remark, well that and your time enforcing their unconstitutional laws)
  When the government can take all of the criminals guns and willingly turn theirs over as well, then I might feel comfortable giving mine up. Until then, 2A all day!!! 8)

What would be examples of unconstitutional laws? Running red lights? Not in the constitution. Driving 100 mph in a 40 mph zone? Not in the constitution. Can you be more specific to the laws I enforced you have an issue with?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #303 on: July 04, 2023, 08:41:39 PM »
What would be examples of unconstitutional laws? Running red lights? Not in the constitution. Driving 100 mph in a 40 mph zone? Not in the constitution. Can you be more specific to the laws I enforced you have an issue with?

Before we go on with that, let’s address the Second Amendment. As an LEO what part of the Second Amendment can you violate since it’s your sworn duty to uphold the Constitution, first and foremost?

I mean, talking about gun control and the Second Amendment and you’re trying to spin this in to driving laws and parking tickets.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: July 04, 2023, 09:11:51 PM »
Before we go on with that, let’s address the Second Amendment. As an LEO what part of the Second Amendment can you violate since it’s your sworn duty to uphold the Constitution, first and foremost?

I mean, talking about gun control and the Second Amendment and you’re trying to spin this in to driving laws and parking tickets.

Follow me on this Coach.. GOOGLE.. slippery slope.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #305 on: July 04, 2023, 09:12:47 PM »
Follow me on this Coach.. GOOGLE.. slippery slope.

You’re skating. This should be an easy one for you.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: July 04, 2023, 09:22:20 PM »
You’re skating. This should be an easy one for you.

OK, this might be fun. Lets set some ground rules. Is it your position that any law, federal, state or municipal that is NOT mentioned in the original constitution is not a valid law? And what is your view on states rights?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #307 on: July 04, 2023, 10:52:49 PM »
OK, this might be fun. Lets set some ground rules. Is it your position that any law, federal, state or municipal that is NOT mentioned in the original constitution is not a valid law? And what is your view on states rights?

Ok, let’s go. Text, history and tradition. Yes, as long as it doesn’t violate the Second Amendment. I believe in states rights but the Second Amendment always supersedes states rights.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: July 05, 2023, 03:49:46 PM »
Religious persecution, freedom of speech.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: July 05, 2023, 05:10:52 PM »
Ok, let’s go. Text, history and tradition. Yes, as long as it doesn’t violate the Second Amendment. I believe in states rights but the Second Amendment always supersedes states rights.

Yup, it is right there in Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution. That is 1 for Coach. Good work!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #310 on: July 05, 2023, 09:49:41 PM »
This banter is delivering.  "stay in your lane".  LMFAO.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #311 on: July 05, 2023, 09:56:49 PM »
Yup, it is right there in Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution. That is 1 for Coach. Good work!

Which leave us to the next question for Agnostic. How many times did you violate the Constitution you swore to uphold? I’ll even keep this simple since we’re talking about the Second Amendment.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #312 on: July 05, 2023, 10:01:19 PM »
You know the Amendments to the Constitution are all "but"? Right?

Speaking your language, I would bet that you don't know the Bill of Rights doesn't actually create rights, but serve as a restraint on government's interference with inalienable rights. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: July 06, 2023, 04:11:57 PM »
Speaking your language, I would bet that you don't know the Bill of Rights doesn't actually create rights, but serve as a restraint on government's interference with inalienable rights.
Agnostics time in the department was spent trying abuse every right he could until a judge told him he couldn't. ;D Typical bully mentality.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: July 06, 2023, 09:15:11 PM »

not an expert on the 2nd Amendment but I know it was about states rights, so your statement doesn't make a lot of sense.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: July 06, 2023, 09:16:08 PM »
Which leave us to the next question for Agnostic. How many times did you violate the Constitution you swore to uphold? I’ll even keep this simple since we’re talking about the Second Amendment.

None

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: July 06, 2023, 09:21:00 PM »
Agnostics time in the department was spent trying abuse every right he could until a judge told him he couldn't. ;D Typical bully mentality.

will you make an attempt to have an adult conversation or is this what we can expect from you going forward?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #317 on: July 06, 2023, 09:32:18 PM »
not an expert on the 2nd Amendment but I know it was about states rights, so your statement doesn't make a lot of sense.

Because we’re talking about the Second Amendment

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: July 06, 2023, 10:13:30 PM »
Because we’re talking about the Second Amendment

Yes, the 2nd Amendment was created for the states. So do you have a particular question other than "how many times did you violate the constitution?" 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #319 on: July 07, 2023, 12:32:46 AM »
Yes, the 2nd Amendment was created for the states. So do you have a particular question other than "how many times did you violate the constitution?"

Sweet Jesus

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #320 on: July 07, 2023, 01:48:32 AM »

;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #321 on: July 07, 2023, 09:14:34 AM »

So again, it’s your contention that states rights have precedents over the Constitution? Specifically, the Second Amendment

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: July 07, 2023, 11:21:48 PM »
So again, it’s your contention that states rights have precedents over the Constitution? Specifically, the Second Amendment.

No not at all. I am saying that the 2nd Amendment was created to afford States the ability to protect themselves from overzealous governments.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #323 on: July 07, 2023, 11:55:50 PM »
No not at all. I am saying that the 2nd Amendment was created to afford States the ability to protect themselves from overzealous governments.

So you’re saying, even if when your oath states to “uphold the constitution of the United States” and you pull over a person for speeding and this person happens to have a firearm in his/her car either on their person or in the car but the gun and the person in possession of the gun is legal (no wants no warrants, etc) with the gun being legally purchased BUT doesn’t have a states ccw, you have the constitutional right to confiscate that firearm?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: July 08, 2023, 12:06:24 AM »
So you’re saying, even if when your oath states to “uphold the constitution of the United States” and you pull over a person for speeding and this person happens to have a firearm in his/her car either on their person or in the car but the gun and the person in possession of the gun is legal (no wants no warrants, etc) with the gun being legally purchased BUT doesn’t have a states ccw, you have the constitutional right to confiscate that firearm?

No. I can only speak for the state of Texas which affords a person to travel with a gun. So in that case, if the person was not a convicted felon, a juvenile or a known gang member fitting specific criteria they would free to continue. Now remember I retired in 2016 (not as a Detective) so the laws in Texas may have changed.