Author Topic: PJ Braun and Aaron Singerman Court Update - 03-04-20 - discussion  (Read 25606 times)

denarii

• Getbig V
Sure, they are going to beat Federal charges....  ::) ;D

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/crime/fl-ne-boca-raton-supplements-scheme-defendants-fight-suporess-dismiss-20200304-r2e2rvjo6vabxidzhejn6g4b5m-story.html

Bodybuilders battle against charges of selling illegal dietary supplements, By Mario Ariza
South Florida Sun Sentinel - Mar 04, 2020 | 6:00 AM

The bodybuilders made millions selling products designed to help their clients bulk up, but the government accuses them of fraudulently peddling dietary supplements containing dangerous designer drugs and illegal steroids.  Declaring the prosecution an effort by the government “to destroy the weightlifting industry,” the muscle men have promised to beat the case for the good of iron-pumpers everywhere.

If you listen to the defense, it’s a case of how Boca Raton-based Blackstone Labs and Ventech Labs turned selling dietary supplements into business success. If you listen to prosecutors, it’s a tale of South Florida salesmen making millions peddling compounds of questionable legality and safety. The government, in its 49-page, 14-count indictment, charges that Phillip Braun, Aaron Singerman, Robert DiMaggio, Anthony Ventrella, David Winsauer and James Boccuzzi conspired to sell hundreds of thousands of illegal products, including dietary supplements containing possibly dangerous designer steroids known as “prohormones."

All of the accused, with the exception of DiMaggio, are from South Florida. The indictment alleges that six men and the two companies they owned distributed the purportedly dangerous products even though they knew they might be harmful to consumers, and that they engaged in litigation to silence the complaints of people who their product sickened.

“When you sell a product that doesn’t have a label that includes ingredients, that’s a crime,” argued Assistant United States Attorney David Frank to the federal judge during the hearing. Arguing that the ingredients found in their products were either “natural,” or unregulated, Blackstone Labs CEO Phillip Braun and his four co-defendants have consistently denied the charges. In a statement released by Blackstone following the indictment, the company called the accusations “false and inaccurate” and accused the government of meddling in the nutritional supplement industry.

One defendant, Nevada-based Robert DiMaggio, pleaded guilty on Nov. 19.

On Monday and Tuesday, the weightlifters, who are out on bond, packed the courtroom of U.S. District Judge William P. Dimitrouleas as the judge held a marathon series of motion hearings to try and resolve a complicated set of legal issues that have arisen in the case.  Lawyers for the bodybuilders have themselves leveled accusations of prosecutorial misconduct against the government, claiming that Assistant United States Attorneys failed to turn over key evidence in a timely fashion. In court filings, the defense attorneys claim the evidence in question shows that at least some of the performance-enhancing substances their clients are charged with selling weren’t actually illegal.

The attorneys also have moved to suppress evidence and dismiss five of the 14 charges against their clients. In one instance, court records show defense attorneys moving to exclude from possible future jury consideration a YouTube video of one of the defendants using a supplement and then copulating with an inflatable blow up doll in an attempt to show how well the product worked.  Sentences for the offenses named in the indictment range from three years to 15 years for the various counts including conspiracy, according to the Department of Justice

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Braun and Singerman update
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 02:45:43 AM »
"video of one of the defendants using a supplement and then copulating with an inflatable blow up doll in an attempt to show how well the product worked"

Geezus.......You couldn`t make this shit up  !!

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 02:55:34 AM »
"video of one of the defendants using a supplement and then copulating with an inflatable blow up doll in an attempt to show how well the product worked"

A bunch of weirdos, schmoes and scum bags in the industry

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 03:25:26 AM »
Pj needs to log back in here pronto !

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 03:56:09 AM »
Maybe pj will get off easy if the feds see his latest small cock video.They might feel bad for him.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 05:30:14 AM »
 DiMaggio pleading guilty doesn't looked good for the others. I wonder if he will be called as a witness by the prosecution team.

This could be a rare occasions where I will actually be siding with "snitch".

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 05:41:49 AM »
I hope Singerman gets a longer sentence than PJ

We need PJ back on here to post more videos!
Q

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 05:55:53 AM »

Hhahahhahaha

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 05:56:20 AM »

I remember that, they were wasted drunk that day and having fun
A

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 05:59:43 AM »
WHAT A MESS,,,

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 06:05:15 AM »

Can you tell us more sir? Did they also try to copulate with each other?

"1"

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 06:09:39 AM »

Were you present for the copulation?  Is it possible you'll get drug into the courts?  If you get subpoenaed, will you go?   ???

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 06:35:34 AM »
DiMaggio is gonna sing like a canary to reduce his sentence this is normally
How it works when one person pleads guilty.

Hopefully it’s just a shit ton of fines and maybe house arrest or club fed for 1-2 years with early parole.

Again Aaron’s smart. Ever wonder why he built that home in Florida?  Homestead act anyone?  I don’t think the government can force him to sell the house to recoup money. 

insider

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 06:48:10 AM »
If there is any justice in this world, they will pay
I know, you don't

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 06:54:13 AM »
Can you tell us more sir? Did they also try to copulate with each other?

"1"

Anyone who thinks Singerman and Braun did not fuck each other is DEAD WRONG. However, what consenting adults do is no ones fucken business.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 06:55:29 AM »
Lol justice.  I’m pretty sure far worse crimes are committed with zero Justice 

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 06:59:32 AM »

To be honest, I do too. He thinks he is THE man, when in fact all that he did was plan to cut lose from the criminal enterprise  ( Blackstone) when he had enough money ( profit and skimming ) to distance himself from the criminal enterprise.

How does it work in the US? Can one ( if found guilty ) lose their second unassociated business, as it would then seem that the startup capital came from an illegal source ( profits from their poison?

J

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 07:00:16 AM »
Lol justice.  I’m pretty sure far worse crimes are committed with zero Justice 

Trump and his buddies can attest to that.

J

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 07:13:50 AM »
DiMaggio is gonna sing like a canary to reduce his sentence this is normally
How it works when one person pleads guilty.

Hopefully it’s just a shit ton of fines and maybe house arrest or club fed for 1-2 years with early parole.

Again Aaron’s smart. Ever wonder why he built that home in Florida?  Homestead act anyone?  I don’t think the government can force him to sell the house to recoup money. 

Uhhhh, you missed the part where the govt. put a "Notice of Lis Pendens: Forfeiture" on his property.  Yes, he can lose his home.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 07:33:31 AM »
Uhhhh, you missed the part where the govt. put a "Notice of Lis Pendens: Forfeiture" on his property.  Yes, he can lose his home.

Nope Aaron's to smart for that. Homestead act and whatnot.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2020, 07:59:43 AM »
Trump and his buddies can attest to that.

J

lol the stupidity and emotional arguing of some is just mind blowing to me.  What happened to common sense.  Like pedophile priests hurting children or rapist and murders?  But yeah trumps crimes are definitely at the top.   Not Jon corzine stealing millions and nothing happening to him but the again you would have to believe things that you aren’t told to believe. 

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2020, 08:01:30 AM »
Nope Aaron's to smart for that. Homestead act and whatnot.

He probably got great advice from darielles father and his attorneys.  Her father went to jail or is in jail for white collar Wall Street crimes.   Funny the Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree the mom taught the daughter well. 

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2020, 08:03:32 AM »

"Declaring the prosecution an effort by the government “to destroy the weightlifting industry”

They had one of their guys act like an FDA agent to move the mislabeled supplements -

"On or about August 4, 2016, JAMES BOCCUZZI, sent an email to a wholesale customer and attached a document entitled "Certificate of Free Sale," which falsely described BOCCUZZI as an FDA employee. In the email, BOCCUZZI wrote, "This is the best I can do. I dont [sic] even feel comfortable doing this because I am impersonating the FDA and our business could get shut down, tons of people will lose their jobs." "

They tried hide the sale of prohormones -

"On or about February 16, 2017, ANTHONY VENTRELLA, after being informed that a search warrant was being conducted by FDA at VENTRELLA's business, sent a text message to one of his employees that said, "Shit. If you can hide the pros [prohormones] please
do." "

They knew it was illegal to sell Ostarine under their "Ostapure" -

"On or about October 9, 2015, PHILLIP BRAUN answered an email from a customer about SARMs, including Ostapure, and said, "Illegal to sell them!"

They established a bunch of shell corps to funnel the illegal supplements through -

"On or about March 13, 2014, ROBERT DIMAGGIO, in an email to AARON SINGERMAN about FDA enforcement announcements concerning the designer steroid products Methadrol and Super DMZ RX 2.0, told SINGERMAN that"[ o ]nee you get an FDA letter I would move all of the MDE and SDMZ that is left to a different location (in case they show up), and remove them from the website, and sell it to the retailers only [ un ]til its [sic] gone."

"On or about April 16, 2014, AARON SINGERMAN, PHILLIP BRAUN, ANTHONY VENTRELLA, and Unindicted Co-conspirator 2 caused Fight Pharm to be incorporated under the laws of Florida as a limited liability company."

Etc, etc....

But, yes, it is some grand plot to “to destroy the weightlifting industry”  ::).

Here's the indictment, pages 11 - 17, under "overt acts" really lays out how dumb these guys were. There are 12 year old crack dealers that are smarter than these guys -

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1143411/download .

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2020, 01:58:12 PM »
Here is a question, in an interview Sergio said he had a booth and because the expo was shutdown, he lot his money, is this true? And, if so, how much of a loss would Blackstone and Con1 take?

J

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2020, 04:06:42 PM »
DiMaggio pleading guilty doesn't looked good for the others. I wonder if he will be called as a witness by the prosecution team.

This could be a rare occasions where I will actually be siding with "snitch".

DiMaggio is gonna sing like a canary to reduce his sentence this is normally how it works when one person pleads guilty.

:o