Poll

Stay
45 (45.5%)
Go
41 (41.4%)
Crossfire in a Revolution
13 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Strawman  (Read 161401 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Strawman
« Reply #2225 on: June 19, 2021, 08:35:48 AM »

new footage of the tour of the capitol by the peaceful tourists   on jan 6   ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2226 on: June 19, 2021, 09:49:31 AM »
Legendary Bodybuilder Robby Robinson Has Only Gotten Stronger
"Hard work pays off" and other lessons from the first-ever Masters Mr. Olympia.

BY KRISTIAN RHIM
JUN 15, 2021
robby robinsonERIK CARTER
WHEN ROBBY ROBINSON started bodybuilding at Venice Beach’s Gold’s Gym in 1975, he remembers being told “Blacks don’t get contracts” to compete. He was harassed at contests and struggled with steroids and sickle cell anemia. Despite many wins, Robinson never captured the IFBB’s overall title, Mr. Olympia. After he complained about mistreatment, the IFBB suspended him and he moved overseas to compete without the fear of racism. He’d eventually return to the U. S. in 1994, winning the first-ever Masters Mr. Olympia, for athletes over 40, and then two more Masters titles in his 50s. Today, at age 75, Robinson still lifts, and he shares how he forged the strength to face any challenge.

MAKING THE LEAP
I WENT TO what was basically an all-Black high school in Tallahassee, Florida, so I really didn’t encounter that much racism. Because everybody was poor, Blacks and whites, it didn’t look like I was any better than you—we ate the same food, cooked in the same pots. So I didn’t really get a blunt force of it, I guess, until I left the swamps. I never heard the word n***** until I came to California in ’75. When I left the swamps, I realized, Wow, life is gonna be hard out there. That’s how I dealt with it.

BLOCKING OUT BIAS
I WAS DOING well because I had just a great body. I mean, that’s just the hardcore facts. I had a great physique; I had a good, tough mindset. So I just didn’t listen to all the negs. I think when you get caught up in the negs and just keep listening to it, it drains your ability to do whatever you want to do positive. I just didn’t pay any attention to it.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

mens health mvp bug
Access exclusive muscle-building workouts and weight loss diets with our digital membership program.
MEN'S HEALTH
BATTLING OTHER DEMONS
MY FIRST ENCOUNTER with steroids was about two weeks before Mr. World [in 1979]. I remember taking a shot, walking home, collapsing in the door. My lady friend dragged me in the house. I collapsed because of the fact that when you take steroids, [there can be blood-pressure issues]. And for a person that has sickle cell, like I do, that’s just not good. So I was getting no oxygen to the brain, no oxygen to the heart; I’m almost probably going into a cardiac arrest. She was able to drag me to the bathtub and put cold water on me. Now, you might not believe it, but that saved my life. I went to New York and won Mr. World two weeks later, and I’m thinking, This is madness!

EXPERIENCING INJUSTICE
WHEN I CAME to Los Angeles in 1975 from Florida, I was denied a professional contract. By the ’80s, I’d moved to Europe, and I was based there basically my whole career, almost 13 years. Over there, I was treated completely differently. I was able to work and do exhibitions and seminars. I made enough money to buy a little home in Holland. So I think, Something good, something bad—that’s just how life is. It’s not perfect; it didn’t make you any promises. You have to go in there and make life, whatever life you want, all on your own. Nobody’s gonna give it to you. It inspired me, bro. I just kept working.

robby robinson on the cover of muscle mag muscle and fitness from june 1983
Robby Robinson on the cover of muscle mag Muscle & Fitness from June 1983

STAGING A COMEBACK
I CAME BACK in 1994 for the Masters Mr. Olympia. I was standing onstage and they announce, “The first Masters Mr. Olympia winner 1994, Robby Robinson.” I remember all the obscenities I was called. I remember hearing all the fans—everybody booed. After the judging, after the show was over, they normally have a big banquet, and that night there was no banquet, there was no party, there was nothing. That hit me hard. And you’re talking the auditorium is packed, thousands of people screaming and yelling, you know, for Lou [Ferrigno]. But when the judge said, “The first Masters Mr. Olympia is Robby Robinson,” everybody let out boos.

BECOMING MORE VOCAL
YOU CAN'T BREAK me down mentally; the only person who can break me down is myself. And I just never listened to the negatives. For the Masters Mr. Olympia, I knew that if I could go in there and get myself in great shape, that whatever competitors—whatever racism, discrimination was there—I thought my physique could take it down, and it did. I made it through all of that, and I just felt that you got to say something. [In the early ’80s] I was suspended because of the fact I’ve spoken out about “Hey, you know, listen, there’s really no money here; people don’t really care about you. If you don’t care about yourself, you’re not gonna make it.”

robby robinson
"You have to go in there and make life, whatever life you want, all on your own."—Robby Robinson
RRWM

STAYING READY FOR WHATEVER
YOU HAVE YOUR wishes and dreams, like to go to Hollywood and be labeled into that world, like Arnold with Conan and Lou the Hulk. I thought it would be a great thing to do. But naaah, they weren’t ready for that. You know, out there in that world at that point at that time, those doors were just not open. Today I’m in the process of doing a documentary on my life. I don’t really have the desire to want to be a movie star now. But if someone came along and said, “Hey, listen, run over there and jump over that wall and fire your machine gun,” I’d give it a try.

CONTINUING TO DO THE WORK
NO DISRESPECT TO any of the guys that are out there trying to create a great physique, but I don’t see it as art anymore. I just see big bodies out there that are all just a large amount of anabolics and whatever else they can use to get that physique. And you know, I can’t admire it. I’m in a very happy place with what I’ve accomplished. Hard work pays off. I continue to say that.

lift every voice logo
Robbie Robinson was interviewed and photographed for Lift Every Voice, in partnership with Lexus. Lift Every Voice records the wisdom and life experiences of the oldest generation of Black Americans by connecting them with a new generation of Black journalists. Robinson’s interviewer, Kristian Rhim has written for Men’s Health, The Undefeated, and Philadelphia magazine. The complete oral history series is running across Hearst magazine, newspaper, and television websites around Juneteenth 2021. Go to oprahdaily.com/lifteveryvoice for more.

Turn Inspiration to Action
Consider donating to the National Association of Black Journalists. You can direct your dollars to scholarships and fellowships that support the educational and professional development of aspiring young journalists.

Also, support The National Caucus & Center on Black Aging. Dedicated to improving the quality of life of older African-Americans, NCCBA’s educational programs arm them with the tools they need to advocate for themselves.

F

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2227 on: June 19, 2021, 10:14:49 AM »
Truman's(who would be a republican by today's standard) own words:

On February 28, 1947, about a month before he signed EO 9835, Truman wrote to Pennsylvania Governor George Earle, "People are very much wrought up about the Communist 'bugaboo' but I am of the opinion that the country is perfectly safe so far as Communism is concerned–we have too many sane people."

The problem is we don't have the sane people anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_9835

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2228 on: June 19, 2021, 10:10:15 PM »
Coach.. I'm trying to let the political stuff go. It just doesn't matter. But when I read that you listed "had an affair with a stripper" as one of the things the Left still believe it gave me pause. So you're saying some of the right believe he DIDN'T have an affair? Can you tell me in your own words why he paid her off through his attorney?  You could be right and that he didn't have an affair although I think we can all agree an affair for the Donald isn't unusual, I've just never met someone or had the chance to ask someone who believes he Didn't Have an affair with Stormy given the information readily available and so I'm just curious as to your opinion.   

why won't coach respond to this..  ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2229 on: June 19, 2021, 10:14:02 PM »
why won't coach respond to this..  ;D
Because desperation, is a stinky cologne. You sound desperate, and needy of attention. Coach is busy with high blood pressure, and getting his next client, knocked out.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2230 on: June 20, 2021, 06:20:43 AM »
Because desperation, is a stinky cologne. You sound desperate, and needy of attention. Coach is busy with high blood pressure, and getting his next client, knocked out.

I can still hear that sound in my head today.
F

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2231 on: June 21, 2021, 12:18:10 PM »
Need to up the test level in this thread.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2232 on: June 21, 2021, 12:28:59 PM »

thread is definitely slowing down, we are crawling to the 100 page finish line....
F

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2233 on: June 21, 2021, 12:32:42 PM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2234 on: June 21, 2021, 12:33:16 PM »

&t=69s 
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2235 on: June 22, 2021, 01:17:07 PM »

"Cowboys for Trump" founder, who vowed to return with guns to Capitol for inauguration, arrested by FBI
JANUARY 18, 2021 / 5:49 AM / CBS/AP

A New Mexico county official and founder of the group Cowboys for Trump, who vowed to return to Washington after last week's riot at the U.S. Capitol to "plant our flag" on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desk, was arrested Sunday by the FBI.

Otero County Commissioner Couy Griffin was arrested on charges of illegally entering the U.S. Capitol.     

According to court documents, Griffin told investigators he was "caught up" in the crowd, which pushed its way through the barricades and entered the restricted area of the U.S. Capitol, but said he didn't enter the building and instead remained on the U.S. Capitol steps.

A video posted to Griffin's personal Facebook page shows Griffin in the restricted areas, according to the affidavit.

Griffin didn't immediately respond to phone or text messages from The Associated Press seeking comment.

On Thursday, Griffin, said he planned to travel with firearms to Washington, D.C., for President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration.

Assault On The U.S. Capitol More
oathkeepersarticle.jpg
How a militia group mobilized for the Capitol assault
Capitol Hill Arrests
What we know about the "unprecedented" Capitol riot arrests
Joe Biden Sworn In As 46th President Of The United States At U.S. Capitol Inauguration Ceremony
Capitol police officer Eugene Goodman throws first pitch at Nationals game
screen-shot-2021-03-09-at-3-00-32-pm.png
Fourth Capitol riot defendant charged with having firearms
"I'm gonna be there on Jan. 20 ... and I'm gonna take a stand for our country and for our freedoms," Griffin said during a meeting of the Otero County Board of Commissioners.

"I'm gonna leave either tonight or tomorrow. I've got a .357 Henry Big Boy rifle lever action that I've got in the trunk of my car and I've got a .357 single action revolver, the Colt Ruger Vaquero that I'll have underneath the front seat on my right side and I will embrace my Second Amendment.

"I will keep my right to bear arms. My vehicle is an extension of my home in regard to the Constitution law, and I have a right to have those firearms in my car," he said.

The ViacomCBS program "Inside Edition" showed Griffin on the Capitol steps during the protest. "We're not going anywhere," he said. "We're not going to take for no for an answer. We're not going to get our election stolen from us from China."

When asked about comments he made on Facebook that there's going to be "blood running out" of the Capitol if there are more demonstrations, and whether he was afraid that more people could die, Griffin responded, "I am more afraid of losing my freedom than I am anything."

At another point, Griffin also says, "We're not going to allow it. There will never be a Biden presidency."

Griffin is also featured in the CBSN documentary "Hindsight is 2020: An Unprecedented Election." Watch it in the video player at the top of this page.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2236 on: June 22, 2021, 01:20:09 PM »

F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2237 on: June 22, 2021, 01:21:23 PM »
F

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2238 on: June 22, 2021, 07:51:14 PM »
Even most libs know old turkey neck is lying to them. Not libs in this thread, but in general.

A Court Ruled Rachel Maddow's Viewers Know She Offers Exaggeration and Opinion, Not Facts

"Maddow’s show is different than a typical news segment where anchors inform viewers about the daily news," an Obama-appointed judge ruled.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/a-court-ruled-rachel-maddows-viewers

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2239 on: June 22, 2021, 10:40:02 PM »
Even most libs know old turkey neck is lying to them. Not libs in this thread, but in general.

A Court Ruled Rachel Maddow's Viewers Know She Offers Exaggeration and Opinion, Not Facts

"Maddow’s show is different than a typical news segment where anchors inform viewers about the daily news," an Obama-appointed judge ruled.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/a-court-ruled-rachel-maddows-viewers

She claimed that OAN is essentially paid Russian propaganda because of the fact that an OAN reporter was concurrently a paid reporter for a Russian State owned newspaper.

BFD

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2240 on: June 22, 2021, 11:04:32 PM »
She claimed that OAN is essentially paid Russian propaganda because of the fact that an OAN reporter was concurrently a paid reporter for a Russian State owned newspaper.

BFD

Stopped reading at “claimed”  but you’re okay with CNN (who you source frequently) being the lefts bitch (or the political left being CNN’s bitch) as well as being owned by China?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2241 on: June 23, 2021, 07:44:26 AM »

BFD

She lied you dolt. The court noted she lies so much she can't be taken seriously. This is dangerous protection for an outlet that poses as "news" ... that you libs take as gospel...and the reason you are always dealing in falsehoods and half truths. Your marching orders come from a propaganda outlet.

"Viewers expect her to do so, as it is indeed her show, and viewers watch the segment with the understanding that it will contain Maddow’s “personal and subjective views” about the news. See id. Thus, the Court finds that as a part of the totality of the circumstances, the broad context weighs in favor of a finding that the alleged defamatory statement is Maddow’s opinion and exaggeration of the Daily Beast article, and that reasonable viewers would not take the statement as factual. . . . "

How about reading a whole article for once?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2242 on: June 23, 2021, 08:07:14 AM »
The nation wants to know - is Straws dump cleaned up yet?   I can smell the stench in NYC from San Fransicko

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2243 on: June 23, 2021, 08:25:03 AM »
The nation wants to know - is Straws dump cleaned up yet?   I can smell the stench in NYC from San Fransicko

That septic tank is overflowing.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2244 on: June 23, 2021, 08:57:59 AM »
That septic tank is overflowing.
We always knew he was full of shit.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2245 on: June 23, 2021, 10:20:08 AM »
F

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2246 on: June 23, 2021, 11:37:38 AM »

She lied you dolt. The court noted she lies so much she can't be taken seriously. This is dangerous protection for an outlet that poses as "news" ... that you libs take as gospel...and the reason you are always dealing in falsehoods and half truths. Your marching orders come from a propaganda outlet.

"Viewers expect her to do so, as it is indeed her show, and viewers watch the segment with the understanding that it will contain Maddow’s “personal and subjective views” about the news. See id. Thus, the Court finds that as a part of the totality of the circumstances, the broad context weighs in favor of a finding that the alleged defamatory statement is Maddow’s opinion and exaggeration of the Daily Beast article, and that reasonable viewers would not take the statement as factual. . . . "

How about reading a whole article for once?

Was the OAN reporter concurrently a paid reporter for a Russian State owned news agency?

Yes or No?

The answer is YES

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2247 on: June 23, 2021, 11:55:32 AM »
Madcow has owned herself into oblivion nightly.   Why do you still given credence to her? 

Side note, I have a 4th of July coupon for 10% off 30 yard containers shipped free to your home if you are interested.   :D  :D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2248 on: June 23, 2021, 11:58:57 AM »
OAN flawed lawsuit claimed that  it had never received money from Russia or its government....but of course that is NOT what Maddow said which is why the lawsuit was thrown out and OAN had to reimburse legal fees incurred by MSNBC

pay close attention Trumptard

A judge ordered the parent company for right-wing cable network One America News Network to pay MSNBC and host Rachel Maddow nearly $250,000 in legal fees after a failed defamation lawsuit.

Herring Networks, which owns OAN, sued MSNBC for $10 million in September 2019 following a segment on Maddow's show, in which she said OAN "really literally is paid Russian propaganda." The network called the claims "malicious" and "utterly and completely false" and said it had never received money from Russia or its government, according to legal documents obtained by USA TODAY.

U.S. District Judge Cynthia Bashant ruled last May that "no set of facts that could support a claim for defamation based on Maddow's statement." After NBC Universal, MSNBC and Maddow asked for nearly $350,000 in legal fees, the court permanently dismissed the case and on Friday awarded the defendants $247,667.50.

In a 2019 letter to OAN, Amy Wolf, a counselor for NBCUniversal, MSNBC's parent company, argued that Maddow's comment was a "protected opinion based on disclosed facts" following a Daily Beast article that reported OAN reporter Kristian Rouz was also paid to write for Sputnik, which is funded by the Russian government.

"We literally learned today that that outlet the president is promoting shares staff with the Kremlin," Maddow said in a July 22, 2019, episode. "In this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right wing news outlet in America really literally is paid Russian propaganda. The on air U.S. politics reporter is paid by the Russian government to produce propaganda for that government."

NBCUniversal's letter argued that "Ms. Maddow's comment could not have been reasonably understood to mean that the Russian government made checks payable to OAN; indeed, she specifically noted who was paid by Sputnik. Use of the word 'literally' here is the kind of figure of speech that connotes opinion and thus cannot give rise to a defamation claim."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2021/02/09/msnbc-rachel-maddow-awarded-legal-fees-after-oan-lawsuit/4447175001/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2249 on: June 23, 2021, 12:01:34 PM »
Madcow has owned herself into oblivion nightly.   Why do you still given credence to her? 

Side note, I have a 4th of July coupon for 10% off 30 yard containers shipped free to your home if you are interested.   :D  :D  ;D  ;D  ;D

you can use if for you own shit hole ( you still live in the slums right?)