Author Topic: The Top 10 Most Livable Cities in the World 2021  (Read 3833 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: The Top 10 Most Livable Cities in the World 2021
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2021, 03:56:04 PM »
Yes!

It's also rife with people who enjoy being in positions of 'power' (if you could call it that).

True story. As a foreigner I need to renew my registration to stay here every few years. Last time, I go to the office, fill out the paperwork, hand it in, and the woman behind the desk looks at it, looks at me, and says "This is not correct".. I'm pretty sure I know my personal details so I ask her what's wrong and she tells me I've written my height as 182cm tall when I am obviously shorter than that.

I tell her I've been 182cm tall since I was 19 years old. She tells me to my face that I am lying. She's done this job for many years and she knows when 'people' lie about things (for 'people', read "foreigners"). I'm getting angry and tell her she's welcome to measure me, up against the wall, like I'm a child.

She sniffs and tells me she won't accept my renewal application until I tell the truth. Meanwhile, her colleague who has been watching this take place with a smile on her face says "I'll measure him!". I don't know if they had beef with each other or not, but I go "great", take my shoes off, stand against the wall and she gets her ruler and measures me TWICE from the floor to the top of my head.

"He's 182cm exactly" she announces. I resist the urge to scream "Yeah, bitch!" at the other woman who just snatches the papers from the counter, ignores us both while she types furiously into her computer and then tells me to pick up my new card from a room down the hallway.

Later that evening I pull the card out of my wallet, have a look and on the back, I notice that my height has been recorded at 181cm. This means I'll always be 1cm shorter in Germany from now on.

This type of shit happens often in bureaucracy here. Don't even get me started on my dealings with the tax department.

This story gave Matt C the dry heaves...

T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2021, 04:48:21 PM »
The prime minister has actually said that he won’t be giving the public a date,  in which we will open the borders. This country is quite vaccine hesitant. And it’s growing. I was going to get vaccinated when I could get Pfizer. But knowing what I know now, I won’t be taking any vaccine.

What do you know now about the vaccines that changed your mind about them? If I were a woman, I would likely pass on the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because of what's been said in the media about it.

The U.S. wasn't and I think still isn't using the Astrazenica vaccine, but much of Europe is. I hope the media has overblown the negatives about it because several of my family who live in Germany got it....a fair while back. They are doing fine. Thank goodness.

I had the Moderna vaccine with no side effects about a month ago. Soon, like in a week or so, Oregonians will be able to go maskless and it will be business as usual with almost all restrictions removed. I'm excited to be able to go to the gym again and I have almost no fear about getting COVID.

I suspect your Prime Minister, Scott Morrison's thinking is that if he can keep Australians isolated from the rest of the world you will avoid a major outbreak of COVID. That's well and good, but you can't stay apart from the rest of the world indefinitely. If and when travel has opened up, Australians will likely be more prone contracting COVID having done very little to develop immunity to it. Instead of having herd immunity, you'll have herd vulnerability.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2021, 05:34:01 PM »
What do you know now about the vaccines that changed your mind about them? If I were a woman, I would likely pass on the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because of what's been said in the media about it.

I suspect your Prime Minister, Scott Morrison's thinking is that if he can keep Australians isolated from the rest of the world you will avoid a major outbreak of COVID. That's well and good, but you can't stay apart from the rest of the world indefinitely. If and when travel has opened up, Australians will likely be more prone contracting COVID having done very little to develop immunity to it. Instead of having herd immunity, you'll have herd vulnerability.

Yes, he can & is great !. WHAT a fucking vulnerability !!!. AU is not a shitty Oregon or crazy Chicago .

Silly old fuck, who needs yours advice !.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2021, 09:34:25 PM »

The U.S. wasn't and I think still isn't using the Astrazenica vaccine, but much of Europe is. I hope the media has overblown the negatives about it because several of my family who live in Germany got it....a fair while back. They are doing fine. Thank goodness.

I had the Moderna vaccine with no side effects about a month ago. Soon, like in a week or so, Oregonians will be able to go maskless and it will be business as usual with almost all restrictions removed. I'm excited to be able to go to the gym again and I have almost no fear about getting COVID.

What I know now is that the protein spike upon being injected into the deltoid muscle, gets dispersed throughout the body via the blood. There is known data from Pfizer. And I am not trusting any of the vaccines. The spike protein is highly pathogenic. The regulators assured everyone that the spike protein would not do this but the Japanese being the first got the data and results that they do. The CDC have known about this for a while. Doctor Robert Malone is the inventor of the MRNA technology and he’s talked about this on a dark horse podcast.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2021, 06:17:04 PM »
What I know now is that the protein spike upon being injected into the deltoid muscle, gets dispersed throughout the body via the blood. There is known data from Pfizer. And I am not trusting any of the vaccines. The spike protein is highly pathogenic. The regulators assured everyone that the spike protein would not do this but the Japanese being the first got the data and results that they do. The CDC have known about this for a while. Doctor Robert Malone is the inventor of the MRNA technology and he’s talked about this on a dark horse podcast.

Very interesting. I can see why this would definitely make someone want to think hard before getting vaccinated. I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about more.

Knowing this, I likely still would have had the vaccine. The combination of my (old) age, being exposed to other people daily at home and a history of respiratory issues; including pneumonia, asthma and allergies makes me more vulnerable to getting really sick or dying from COVID. I'm not afraid of dying, but if a simple vaccine can lessen the chances of that happening sooner rather than later, it seems worth the risk to me.

I am not sure what I would do if the primary reason to be vaccinated was an inability to travel....particularly out of the county. Half my immediate family lives is Germany. It has been hard going a year and a half using 'What's App" in order to see and talk with them. I have a great-granddaughter I've yet to meet in person.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2021, 06:32:34 PM »
Very interesting. I can see why this would definitely make someone want to think hard before getting vaccinated. I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about more.

Knowing this, I likely still would have had the vaccine. The combination of my (old) age, being exposed to other people daily at home and a history of respiratory issues; including pneumonia, asthma and allergies makes me more vulnerable to getting really sick or dying from COVID. I'm not afraid of dying, but if a simple vaccine can lessen the chances of that happening sooner rather than later, it seems worth the risk to me.

I am not sure what I would do if the primary reason to be vaccinated was an inability to travel....particularly out of the county. Half my immediate family lives is Germany. It has been hard going a year and a half using 'What's App" in order to see and talk with them. I have a great-granddaughter I've yet to meet in person.

No one should be afraid of dying. We are powerless to stop it- although if we are smart we can delay it a bit  ;D

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2021, 02:55:48 AM »
But can you travel back to Australia? Many are stranded overseas.

I checked with the embassy here in germany on Thursday. Official word is not until July next year at the earliest for an expat like me.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2021, 11:25:45 PM »
I checked with the embassy here in germany on Thursday. Official word is not until July next year at the earliest for an expat like me.

There is no intoruption of postal deliveries between Australia Post & Deutsche Post  ;) !.

Get on 1 of those cargo flights !.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2021, 01:08:43 PM »

There is no intoruption of postal deliveries between Australia Post & Deutsche Post  ;) !.

The postage would be outrageous and the package wouldn't pass customs.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2021, 02:05:37 PM »

Heh. If the postal service of both countries is anything to go by, I'd get sent to Frankfurt really quickly, sit unattended in the Flughafen for two weeks, get to Australia and wind up in Tasmania instead of Brisbane.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2021, 03:00:40 PM »
Heh. If the postal service of both countries is anything to go by, I'd get sent to Frankfurt really quickly, sit unattended in the Flughafen for two weeks, get to Australia and wind up in Tasmania instead of Brisbane.

Go by International Express & you'll be in Clyde (Sydney) in 2 days  :D