Author Topic: R.I.P. Boxer Lehlohonolo ‘Hands of Stone’ Ledwaba  (Read 495 times)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
R.I.P. Boxer Lehlohonolo ‘Hands of Stone’ Ledwaba
« on: July 02, 2021, 04:39:27 PM »
https://www.thesouthafrican.com/sport/rip-sa-boxing-scene-rocked-by-death-of-lehlohonolo-hands-of-stone-ledwaba/

Lehlohonolo Ledwaba competed from 1990 to 2006 and held the IBF super bantamweight title from 1999 to 2001.

Ledwaba turned professional in 1990 and in 1999 captured the vacant IBF super bantamweight title with a decision victory over John Michael Johnson.

Ledwaba defended the belt five times before losing it to Manny Pacquiao via TKO to earn Pacquiao his second world championship in two weight divisions.

He retired from boxing after his loss to Maxwell Awuku on 24 November 2006.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: R.I.P. Boxer Lehlohonolo ‘Hands of Stone’ Ledwaba
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 04:41:07 PM »
https://www.thesouthafrican.com/sport/rip-sa-boxing-scene-rocked-by-death-of-lehlohonolo-hands-of-stone-ledwaba/

Lehlohonolo Ledwaba competed from 1990 to 2006 and held the IBF super bantamweight title from 1999 to 2001.

Ledwaba turned professional in 1990 and in 1999 captured the vacant IBF super bantamweight title with a decision victory over John Michael Johnson.

Ledwaba defended the belt five times before losing it to Manny Pacquiao via TKO to earn Pacquiao his second world championship in two weight divisions.

He retired from boxing after his loss to Maxwell Awuku on 24 November 2006.

He was a legit badass little dude.  Unfortunately for him Manny Pacquiao came along and ruined him.  I believe that was Manny's HBO debut and it was on the undercard when Rahman upset Lennox Lewis.  RIP Lehlohonolo.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 05:25:57 PM »
RIP

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 05:34:52 PM »
Who now?  ???

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 05:55:17 PM »
He was a legit badass little dude.  Unfortunately for him Manny Pacquiao came along and ruined him.  I believe that was Manny's HBO debut and it was on the undercard when Rahman upset Lennox Lewis.  RIP Lehlohonolo.

I thought of him as SR Leonard's mini-me.  Yup, he ran into Manny (or Manny ran him over).