Author Topic: Chris Aceto - Ironage Posing Video.  (Read 2353 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Chris Aceto - Ironage Posing Video.
« on: June 14, 2021, 11:03:08 PM »
I had previously seen one or two photos of Chris from his competitive bodybuilding days, but never any videos.  He looked huge in the photo/s, and that size is apparent here.  Chris' height is 5'11 and 1/8", but I am not sure of his weight.  Presumably he could be 220-lb here, but it's hard to say for certain.  I wouldn't think he would be 240-lb or more, and I would be shocked if he was much under 210-lb.  The widest range I would give him would be 205-lb to 235-lb.  The weight of some bodybuilders can sometimes be surprising; at the 2002 Mr. Olympia contest, Ronnie Coleman was 245-lb [basically an emaciated version of himself], whereas Tommi Thorvildsen of Norway was 260-lb, despite being shorter than Ronnie.  You wouldn't think that Tommi outweighed Ronnie if they were side by side.

Chris was definitely the biggest man in Old Orchard Beach Maine from the late eighties through to the late nineties and beyond [I'm not sure if he still lives there].

Do any Getbiggers have Maine roots?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Chris Aceto - Ironage Posing Video.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 11:38:35 PM »
He doesn’t look anything near 5’11 in person

Aceto is a “woke” idiot

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 11:43:39 PM »
He doesn’t look anything near 5’11 in person

Aceto is a “woke” idiot

Has he lost height in recent years?  He will be 55 this year [I'm not sure what month he was born, but he was born in 1966].

I saw him at one of the Toronto Pro expos earlier in the day, and he was definitely taller than me [my morning height is just over 5'9", and was looked to be an inch or two taller - but it can be hard to judge sometimes].  We lose about a centimetre in height each decade starting at age 40.

Is Aceto woke?  ??? :-X  That's a disappointment.  What a drag.  :( :-\ :-X

I think Fortress met Chris Aceto at one of the Arnold's.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 11:56:44 PM »
Has he lost height in recent years?  He will be 55 this year [I'm not sure what month he was born, but he was born in 1966].

I saw him at one of the Toronto Pro expos earlier in the day, and he was definitely taller than me [my morning height is just over 5'9", and was looked to be an inch or two taller - but it can be hard to judge sometimes].  We lose about a centimetre in height each decade starting at age 40.

Is Aceto woke?  ??? :-X  That's a disappointment.  What a drag.  :( :-\ :-X

I think Fortress met Chris Aceto at one of the Arnold's.

Yep, he sure is

5’9 at best

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 02:55:29 AM »
Yep, he sure is

5’9 at best

Interesting, regarding his height.  He must have been wearing shoes with a chunky heel.  I just thought he looked like the 5'11" that was reported.

Oh God...re: Chris Aceto being woke.  :( :-\

:-X :-X :-X

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 02:58:03 AM »
I`m not from Maine but have known Chris since the early 80`s .

He attended college in my hometown and trained at the same gym I did.....no clue what he weighed but it was more than likely around 198- 205 or so in this video.....not 220 or 240..that`s laughable.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 07:21:10 PM »
I`m not from Maine but have known Chris since the early 80`s .

He attended college in my hometown and trained at the same gym I did.....no clue what he weighed but it was more than likely around 198- 205 or so in this video.....not 220 or 240..that`s laughable.

Interesting.  I didn't know you knew Chris for so long, wes.

Hang on though...198-lb?!  ???  That video is a ban who is 5'11" and 198-lb?  I mean...it sort of boils down to how tall Chris is, to make a weight fit the look, but if he is only around the 200-lb mark in that video at 5'11", that's crazy to me.

My first guess when I saw the video was 220-lb.  Only since Chris is on the taller side as far as bodybuilders go, did I think that maybe it could be 225-230-235...I have no doubt that if Chris looked like this in contest that he could have easily been 240-lb and lean in the offseason, but I didn't think he was over 235 here, except on the odd chance that he had a physique that didn't really match the weight.

Ditto for my 205 estimate - I thought, if Chris is the kind of guy who looks heavier than he is [due to round and full muscle bellies, wide clavicles, etc], that perhaps he could be as low as 205-lb.  But you're saying he is AT MOST 205-lb?

Damn...I can't say anything else but - great physique.

I wouldn't say Chris is exactly lacking in the legs either according to this second shot I found online, attached below.  And I'm pretty sure that Chris was around 5'11" when I saw him.  Maybe he was a bit shorter or lost some height with age, but he doesn't really look like he has the proportions of a 5'9" guy.

I must say I'm surprised to hear that his weight was so low.

Regarding Chris attending college in your hometown - so Chris was a bodybuilder basically since his teenage years?  I'm fairly certain that he was born in 1966, so if he went to college in the early 1980s [1984, upon graduating high school, which is normal], it sounds like he was working out since that time, as per your account.

Great Ironage physique - and seems to have carved out a nice niche in the bodybuilding world as a diet guru of the top pros.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 07:28:20 PM »
Yup,I`ve known Chris,Jeff King, Arthur Prince, Richard Roy, Pat Hayes, Jim Jarvis, Carl Richards, Lawrence Tyler,Rick Sampson, Barry Boccasille, and Matt Dufresne among other New England notables for decades................. .Springfield College..........Springf ield Mass. ..........birthplace of basketball.

If you`ve never heard of these cats go to Tim Fogartys and look them up..........all national and international bodybuilders.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 08:11:06 PM »
Yup,I`ve known Chris,Jeff King, Arthur Prince, Richard Roy, Pat Hayes, Jim Jarvis, Carl Richards, Lawrence Tyler,Rick Sampson, Barry Boccasille, and Matt Dufresne among other New England notables for decades................. .Springfield College..........Springf ield Mass. ..........birthplace of basketball.

If you`ve never heard of these cats go to Tim Fogartys and look them up..........all national and international bodybuilders.

Amazing.  I'm curious if any of these timelines overlapped - like Jeff King and Chris Aceto.  I think those two are a good comparison showing the difference between a man with good genetics for bodybuilding, who could have probably turned pro [Aceto], versus a man with elite bodybuilding genetics [King].

The differences are subtle too - I'd say that Jeff King's forearms and legs were a big part of the difference [not like Aceto was really lacking in either area - but he just wasn't at King's level].  It was Jeff King who once said that a lot of bodybuilding is just genetic - how much muscle fiber density you are born with.

I vividly recall an Ironage training article that you posted on your own Ironage bodybuilding forum - weights on the web!

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 09:04:02 PM »
..5-11"..... AND ONE EIGHTH.......

fucks sake matt..is that in the morning, at night, on the north pole, after a set of squats?

fucking insecure spectrum boy quoting height to an eighth....get back on your meds and try to pretend you arent in the closet

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 11:43:05 PM »
Chris had a great build, and smartly got out of it (Competing/training). Didn't want to keep with the insane drug use.
Made a nice career for himself as the guru. Plus all of his real-estate. Still drives the same car 30 years later.
(Frugal).  Chris seems more old-school Dem, than modern day woke. He is Muzz though I think?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 12:44:02 AM »
..5-11"..... AND ONE EIGHTH.......

fucks sake matt..is that in the morning, at night, on the north pole, after a set of squats?

fucking insecure spectrum boy quoting height to an eighth....get back on your meds and try to pretend you arent in the closet

Yes - I keep track of heights to the eighth of an inch!

To the question you posed here:

In the morning.

He did look the 5'11" height that he claimed though, to be sure.  If he's 200-lb there, that's a pretty dang good physique for that weight, IMO.  He must have started the nutrition coaching gig early, to have quit pursuing bodybuilding to pursue diet coaching instead.  His internal organs probably thank him.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 01:01:50 AM »
Yes - I keep track of cocks to the eighth of an inch!

In the morning.

He did look the 5'11" height that he claimed though, to be sure.  If he's 200-lb there, that's a pretty dang good physique for that weight, IMO.  He must have started the nutrition coaching gig early, to have quit pursuing bodybuilding to pursue diet coaching instead.  His internal organs probably thank him.

Agree on Chris.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 01:50:28 AM »
Watched an interview with Chris Aceto a while ago and he found he literally wasn't able to put on the muscle mass to be competitive in professional bodybuilding so decided to focus on something else. It was a good choice and is very good at what he does.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 01:56:10 AM »

If he's 5'9" or 5'10", he looks like he weighs considerably less than 205 pounds in this video.  Not a very big dude.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 02:05:01 AM »
Yes - I keep track of heights to the eighth of an inch!

In the morning.

I stood next to him when he was down at destination dallas, I towered over him, if he’s 5’11, I am 6’4

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2021, 03:07:29 AM »
Wasn't he married to Laura Creavalle?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2021, 03:17:24 AM »
Wasn't he married to Laura Creavalle?

Yeah

Didn't he become a moslem as well?
Q

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2021, 03:28:26 AM »
I just read an old PM Chris sent me on here saying our old gym is never coming back (sadly prophetic in a way as the owner passed away just a few weeks ago)......very brief PM says I look great (was training for Masters Nats at the time),mentions that not many trained hard like we did back in the day and that steroid use is completely relied on and completely out of hand.

One of the good guys in the sport.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2021, 03:52:42 AM »
Has he lost height in recent years? 

Has dropped 1/8" over the years.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 09:34:53 AM »
Yeah

Didn't he become a moslem as well?
Yeah, it would be easy to diet for a contest during Ramadan.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2021, 10:25:47 AM »
Agree on Chris.

LOL @ your fix.  That too!  A woman I know told me that guys add 20% to their dick size.  I was like "So all this time you thought I had a 5.375" penis?  ???  Holy shit - had I known that, I would have claimed 7.74" to make up for the lies of other men!  She said "It's not like women break out a ruler."

Yeah...well...I do!  And I prefer accuracy when it comes to this stuff.

I have a friend who is 5'6" who claims he is 5'8", and another who is 5'4" who claims 5'7", etc.  I think rounding up half inches is ok, but anything beyond that potentially damages a person's credibility in other areas.

A friend of mine who is 5'11" [1/8" shorter than peak height Chris Aceto] claims 6'0" on dating websites, only because women tend to care about six feet as being a sort of gold standard for male height.  That sort of makes sense - especially with so many other "six foot tall" men on dating websites who are probably actually 5'10" to 5'11".

So if anyone asks, my cock is 7.74".  :D ;D

PS - do men REALLY add 20% to their alleged penis length?  GTFO.  There was a guy I trained with in the army who claimed 9.75" who was talking about some guy in his Basic Training course who had a massive horse cock, and they called him Special Ed because of that.  I was thinking - assuming the guy who told me the story was telling the truth about having a 9.75", why would he be impressed with the other guy's dick who he was staring at in the shower?  ::)

Weird that people lie about stuff that you would think anyone can tell - I mean, I could wear a fatter heel and spike up my hair and claim 5'9.5" for my height I guess, but I don't get why people add 3" to their height when it's obvious to everyone it's a lie.

Bodybuilders tend to lie about weight, but not about height.  Every bodybuilder I met was the height they claimed [Jay Cutler = about 5'9" or just under, Dexter Jackson and Shawn Ray = 5'6.5", Gunter Schlierkamp = 6'1.5", Toney Freeman = 6'2", etc].

Weight is another matter, and I would think if bodybuilders lie, it would be regarding their weight.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2021, 10:30:00 AM »
If he's 5'9" or 5'10", he looks like he weighs considerably less than 205 pounds in this video.  Not a very big dude.

He looks pretty damn good there.   Nohomo 

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2021, 10:30:17 AM »
Welcome to todays episode of "Caulk Talk". "Where millimeters matter when you splatter the batter".  :D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2021, 10:52:27 AM »
Welcome to todays episode of "Caulk Talk". "Where millimeters matter when you splatter the batter".  :D

I know, right?  ::)