Author Topic: My Diet - Review It?  (Read 6647 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: My Diet - Review It?
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2021, 02:27:18 AM »
Thank you to everyone who has replied to this post.  I appreciate it very much.

I think the forced time away from the gym did me good, because my workouts have been going great so far.

Here are my goals:

Reach max lifts of Bench - Squat - Deadlift = 315 - 405 - 495, while increasing my sprint speed to the maximum I can, given my age and weight, with that weight being 175-lb, looking roughly as I did in the OP photo.  If I can be 175-lb while being a little leaner than that photo, that would be great - but I'm realistic, and I'm not so certain that I can be 5-lb heavier while being even leaner [drug-free, that is].

And - when I have practical access again, train for strongman events.  I can currently do so, but it's across town, which is a bit of a drag.  The cost is $75 an hour.  Although I need to get my strength up with free weights first.

There is an intermediate strongman contest in Thunder Bay called the "Motors & Muscles" contest, and the tentative events look fantastic for me, especially as the lightest guy competing:

- Farmer's Walk: 275-lb per hand for 80-ft.
- Atlas Stone: 325-lb stone over 40" bar.
- Circus Dumbbell: 135-lb dumbbell for max reps in 60 seconds.
- Tire Flip: 950-lb tire for max flips in 60 seconds.
- Trap Bar Deadlift: 675-lb for max reps in 60 seconds.

^ This contest would b FANTASTIC for me, given that I could probably complete at least 50% of the Farmer's Walk, and all four of the other events should be around my 1-2 rep max range, lol!  Baring no injuries, and if I train consistently until then, of course.  :)

So that's about it = I'm just looking for the everyday health look for day to day life, and to be as strong as I can possibly be at that weight / everyday look.

I'm not against throwing in a light cycle of something, but my issue with steroids [or even supplements] is that the gains are temporary.  Imagine being an IFBB pro bodybuilder competing ten years as a pro, only to retire and look normal.  As if all of your hard work put you in exactly the same spot as everyone else.

If there is one thing I like about working out without assistance, it's that you can maintain what you build a little bit longer [even if that is only temporary too].

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 02:39:08 AM »
'Oooh, thanks for all the replies! Thanks, friends! I appreciate it soooo much! Thanks for posting this! My name's Matt and my spirit has been broken from dating too many heroin addicts and reading too much crap online!'

Get back on the oral steroids, Matt. You look like a fat swimmer in that photo. And your proposed diet is retarded (unsurprisingly).

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2021, 02:55:33 AM »
'Oooh, thanks for all the replies! Thanks, friends! I appreciate it soooo much! Thanks for posting this! My name's Matt and my spirit has been broken from dating too many heroin and benzo addicts and reading too much crap online!'

Get back on the oral steroids, Matt. You look like a fat swimmer in that photo. And your proposed diet is retarded (unsurprisingly).

Excuse me - but what's wrong with the diet?  I'm a bit soft now...I mean, nothing crazy that I won't burn off in six weeks...but I definitely need to clean up my diet, keep the protein high enough to build strength and not lose too much muscle while cutting, and get back to my 175-lb body weight.

Once I get back to roughly how I look in that photo, I can adjust things.  Although, I think that given the long layoff, that diet should be able to do me well for a while longer, even if I have to tweak it a bit [just ramp up calories, while keeping the macronutrient proportions similar].

The thing is, I care about BMI.  And I think I'm just naturally meant to be lighter.  But being lighter is no excuse not to train hard, so I want to set goals for my lifts that are at my subjective max for my body weight.

Although I'm open to doing a proper cycle, just for the people on here who claim I use steroids.  ::)  "HAVE SAMPLED" versus "use with some degree of regularity" are NOT the same thing.

But I'd be willing to go on something quasi serious, just to to 180-lb or whatever, with the same body fat as the OP photo, just to show how I would look if I did do a proper cycle.

After seeing how much Mike O'Hearn's testicles shrunk from steroids...it kind of puts me off to the whole thing.

Also, I may be somewhat starting to lose my hair [my brother thinks my hairline is starting to creep up], and I DEFINITELY do not want to accelerate that going on 40.

I'll attach some photos in this post in a second...maybe someone could tell me if my brother is right.  I'd rather not accelerate hair loss / male pattern baldness.

EDITED TO ADD:

Here are two photos of my hairline, where my brother thinks it's starting to recede. I think about Chris Bumstead, and how he has such a great look, yet is losing his hair in the same pattern I think I would lose mine. It throws off his looks a little, IMO.

I see nothing pleasant about losing my hair.

The photo of my ear is regarding something called "Frank's sign" [link below]. Are any Getbiggers familiar with this? I'm somewhat worried about it, but it could be bullshit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank%27s_sign

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2021, 03:08:42 AM »
'Oooh, thanks for all the replies! Thanks, friends! I appreciate it soooo much! Thanks for posting this! My name's Matt and my spirit has been broken from dating too many heroin addicts and reading too much crap online!'

Also, if I look like shit and am apparently weak, what seems to be the problem? The thread would just function to make fun of me, and can be easily ignored.

But anyway, I'm turning 40 this year, and I will NEVER take for granted the gym ever again. That's why I want to come back strong, which includes eating a strict diet. Better late than never.

I'm getting a prescription for something called Retinoid cream when I pick up food for the first two weeks for this diet. My doctor recommended it.

Are any Getbiggers familiar with this? Do any Getbiggers have any anti-aging tips. I'm getting a LOT of white hairs lately...I stay on top of them by just plucking them, but is dyeing a bad idea? I heard it damages the hair.

I have a few blemishes on my back, and I intend to get rid of them all.

I went with my friend to his mechanic last week...he looked rough. Like he spent literally ten years of his 45 years in the son.

I'm just trying to avoid that. I mean...who the fuck likes aging?  ??? ::)

I firmly believe everyone hates aging.

I'm not the only Getbigger in his forties [or...close enough] who wants to slow the aging process. I think some men lie about it to seem more manly or something.

Aging sucks.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2021, 03:51:56 AM »
Thanks wes - many years ago, I told myself I would start doing cardio at age 40 - which is just around the corner.  But I started early due to the lockdowns and everything.  In my twenties, I couldn't gain any sort of weight [muscle or even fat - I just couldn't put on weight, and could go just a few days eating normally, rather than the permabulker type of diet I was attempting, and I would lose weight].  In my thirties, I found I was able to maintain muscle a little more easily, and only at around age 35 or so [the past five years, more or less] was I able to actually make gains if I committed to doing so.

Unfortunately, after years of going nowhere, I sort of lost the motivation to do so.  There is also one other issue - I can make muscle gains faster than before [or muscle memory re-gains], but I can also gain fat easily.

The GOOD news is, if I put myself on a strict-ish diet, I can look my personal best [my OP photo - which is roughly where I max out, before I start getting much fatter in the stomach].  And I have never tried a more significantly strict diet, for an extended period of time.

It would my goal to see if I can reach just a touch leaner than the photo above at the same weight.  So...I would still likely be around the 170-lb range, but my stomach would be a bit tighter.  I really think I can do this - and it would nice to get there "on the eve of my 40th birthday".  Like Dave Pulcinella did for the first "Raising the Bar" documentary, leading up to his 40th birthday:

I will keep in mind what you said about cardio and sufficient protein intake, and I will go look at some carb cycling videos on YouTube tonight.

wes - if a person can tolerate going without a cheat meal, would you say that's fine?  I find with me, I'm just...not very hungry.  I don't get the same cravings for bad food, and even though I am by no means the leanest guy, I have actually been in low level ketosis my entire life.  Yeah - go figure.  I just don't eat much [which explains my appearance].  So I have always been just a touch into ketosis.

Or would you say cheat meals are essential to keep your sanity, even if you don't crave them?
Matt you don`t have to have a cheat meal if you dont want one............I suggested a cheat meal and a cheat day because you are not training for a physique contest and trust me eating like a Spartan week after week is not easy......a cheat meal and/or cheat day will make it a lot more tolerable, though I never did them when dieting but you aren`t gonna` be standing on stage in what literally constitutes a pair of panties in front of hundreds of people..........not the best time to look like shit so I dotted all my "I"s, and crossed all my "T"`s and did the best I could to look the best I could on contest day.

If a cheat meal doesn`t appeal to you, just skip them......not a big deal as long as you can stick to your plan without going crazy and dreaming about ice cream or giving into temptation and just pigging out a lot which is simply a big setback.

The only time I wouldn`t recommend them is to an obese person or to a person deep into training for a bodybuilding contest.

I`ve never trained any other sports specific people so I would just have them eat a good balanced diet without junk food.

Like Overload said above............ditch the bread,it builds no muscle and complex carbs as he stated are far better for sustained energy as well as refueling glycogen depleted muscle from hard training.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2021, 04:10:08 AM »
No

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2021, 04:18:31 AM »
Did Matt make another post ???

Good post, Wes.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2021, 04:22:45 AM »
Keep it simple, Matt.

Just cut the carbs way down and drop the sugars.

Eat the following foods:

Meat, eggs, fish
Non-starch vegetables (broccoli, etc.)
Beans, lentils
Nuts, seeds
Cheese, cream
Butter, healthy oils

If you need to sweeten something use Stevia.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2021, 04:25:44 AM »
Joking aside, Matt, my girlfriend (cardiologist) is sitting next to me and just freaked out a little when she saw your photos. She literally just said 'atherosclerosis... dead in ten years.'

Apparently something to do with your ear and pattern of hair loss (quite severe). Can you upload clear pictures of your eyes?

You left out the Alzheimers.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2021, 07:30:23 AM »
Vitamin ,  mineral and caloric requirements can fluctuate drastically on a day to day basis, i can tell you havent prepared for such
A

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2021, 07:49:09 AM »
Fuck this is some dumbshit talking about a starvation diet to get in shape when you are not even in the damn gym lifting where is your weighty training program? You don't look like you workout in your hair pic and you say you are 190 aiming for 170 a trained weight lifter isn't going to need to drop 20lbs to 170lbs to be lean. Start weight lifting and eating first then diet later

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2021, 08:11:49 AM »
Add in a little oatmeal, veggies and potatoes. I'm not far from that.

Lean and mean, happy and healthy.

No need to suffer with boring shit.

Correct.

Diet is a stupid term.  Make a lifestyle change, eat foods you like.

Meats, eggs, vegetables, play with carbs how it works for your body.

Avoid sugars, seed oils, processed food as much as possible, but if you're eating like the above, indulge occasionally and it won't be a disaster.

But forcing 4-5 meals a day is stupid.
Y

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2021, 08:16:03 AM »
But you’re not jealous of the attention the bhank gimmick is getting and spastic Matt is.
I just demonstrated how simple it was to post your diet as oppesed to a huge wall of text,

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2021, 08:17:46 AM »
If you are not jacked now you are not going to get jacked on 1500 calories a day. You will lose muscle you don't have to spare as your body will just use the protein intake for energy. Trying to get 20lbs below your natural weight to get lean is not sustainable. You need to make your natural weight 190lbs your lean weight you are 40 years old with a fitness channel how do you not know this shit. Eat regular meals like a normal fucking person when you are hungry vs a handful of nuts on a schedule and lift weights. I literally had half a pound of bacon a chocolate donut and a snickers bar for breakfast.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2021, 08:21:55 AM »
I just demonstrated how simple it was to post your diet as oppesed to a huge wall of text,

My Diet:

Lean meat
Eggs
A little veggies
Some fruit
Lots of water

Done.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2021, 08:27:47 AM »
You left out the Alzheimers.

It’s not Alzheimer’s, he’s just retarded.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2021, 08:28:16 AM »
My Diet:

Lean meat
Eggs
A little veggies
Some fruit
Lots of water

Done.

Makes sense, but could argue meats don't have to be super lean.

Chicken thighs, red meats, all fine.
Y

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2021, 08:35:30 AM »
Makes sense, but could argue meats don't have to be super lean.

Chicken thighs, red meats, all fine.

Could argue you don’t know my age, weight, activity levels, body type, BMI etc., but I get your point.

Chicken is a staple in my daily diet, red meat not so much, as I find it is a little harder to digest.

I will throw in a protein shake if I miss a meal and multivitamins a few times a week.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2021, 08:40:34 AM »
Good post, Wes.

Once again - there are a few of you starting to put racist comments into your posts.

This is not tolerated.

If you continue, and this is your warning, you will be put in Time Out mode and banned...

That also goes for PM's...

While we all have heated arguements, I am in no mood for the racist stuff....

go somewhere else if you continue...

seriously now...

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2021, 08:49:44 AM »

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2021, 08:56:03 AM »

Look at the eyes.

That elevator doesn’t go all the way to the top.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2021, 08:57:08 AM »

Once again - there are a few of you starting to put racist comments into your posts.

This is not tolerated.

If you continue, and this is your warning, you will be put in Time Out mode and banned...

seriously now...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2021, 08:59:54 AM »
What are your blood pressure and pulse numbers?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2021, 09:19:08 AM »

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2021, 09:24:46 AM »
;D

This is not tolerated.

seriously now...