Author Topic: My Diet - Review It?  (Read 6547 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: My Diet - Review It?
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2021, 09:38:19 AM »
Could argue you don’t know my age, weight, activity levels, body type, BMI etc., but I get your point.

It's getbig so I assumed jacked, 40+, super athlete, moderate bulk, meso, semi homo..........

OR

Fat, never touched a weight, full homo

My food suggestions work for both options.
Y

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2021, 09:45:20 AM »
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2021, 09:47:25 AM »
Fuck this is some dumbshit talking about a starvation diet to get in shape when you are not even in the damn gym lifting where is your weighty training program? You don't look like you workout in your hair pic and you say you are 190 aiming for 170 a trained weight lifter isn't going to need to drop 20lbs to 170lbs to be lean. Start weight lifting and eating first then diet later
Who are you again? While Matt is: retarded, racist, a horrible father, and physically looks like shit, despite lifting his entire life, he is an established Getbigger.

You have not earned any equity here.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2021, 09:52:33 AM »
It's getbig so I assumed jacked, 40+, super athlete, moderate bulk, meso, semi homo..........

OR

My food suggestions work for both options.
Lol!

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2021, 10:08:34 AM »
Who are you again? While Matt is: retarded, racist, a horrible father, and physically looks like shit, despite lifting his entire life, he is an established Getbigger.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2021, 10:14:02 AM »

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2021, 10:28:09 AM »

No need to bring Shizzo into this.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2021, 10:29:13 AM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2021, 10:32:54 AM »

Chaos doesn't deserve this.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2021, 10:45:31 AM »
Chaos doesn't deserve this.

Strongly disagree.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2021, 10:49:04 AM »

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2021, 11:09:16 AM »
Do you suggest replacing it with a real food source once I run out?  Is there anything particularly bad about protein powder, or is it that it is inferior compared to whole foods, or just a gimmick to make the supplement industry money?

I don't know if there's any evidence that it's bad.  But it will contain additives for coloring, flavoring, to keep the powder from clumping together, and who knows what else.  It isn't as if they undergo rigorous testing to see if they're actually giving you the labeled protein in the specified amount either.  If you cook steak, chicken, fish then you know that's exactly what you're getting no more no less.  Personally those powders mess with my GI tract to the extent that I'm not sure I'm even absorbing all the nutrients going through it.  I suppose if I didn't have the problem with digestion and I was pressed for time I might use them.  But you're at home and not short on time, why not eat real food?

Also your portion sizes seem very small.  4.5 oz of chicken breast is very little.  Unless you're eating midget chickens I think you may be cutting your breasts into half to get such a small size.  These weights are all precooked?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2021, 04:48:29 AM »
Thank you to everyone who posted informative and encouraging replies in this thread in response to my upcoming diet program which I will be starting before the end of the month.

Any additional feedback, suggestions, advice, or even well-wishes would be greatly appreciated.  It means a lot!  Thanks.  :)

I don't know when my province will allow strongman contests again, if that day will ever come - and I won't believe it until I see it.  But regardless of what the future holds in terms of government overreach encroaching on historical freedoms here in Canada, I'm going to train with the goal in mind of placing in the top 10 in the Lightweight Strongman Nationals [<80kg / <176.4-lb], in the CAASA Canadian amateur strongman organization.

As there is nothing doing for CAASA planned in 2021 right now, I think it's safe to say that the earliest Nationals will be in 2022 or later, and that gives me enough time to dedicate to the training required to reach my goal.  I'd love to win my weight class in that contest, but if any lightweight freak like Dain Wallis is still around, I won't be able to do that.  I only won Provincials in 2017 because they held it in both Northern Ontario and in Southern Ontario, so that no one would have to travel very far to compete.  Although all events were the same, and all implements weighed the same, since they couldn't standardize those weights with complete precision, they declared both the Northern Ontario winner and the Southern Ontario winner to be the provincial winner. for 2017.

I have no allusions - or delusions - of being the actual 2017 provincial winner had they calibrated all the weights [that would have been Dain], and I can't fathom ever beating Dain unless he died accidentally or was murdered on the day of the show.  ;D

This is just bonkers for a 5'8", 170-lb lifter:

:o

But I do think a top 10 finish for me is possible if I train hard from now until contest day, and commit to my diet program outlined in the OP.  :)

I have a few good events for my size, and I am hereby promising my friends on Getbig that I will crack that top 10 if strongman competitions are taken off the current Canadian felonies list within the next few years - and I am a man of my word.  ;) :)

I will train hard, commit to my diet, grind it out, and once again regain my title of...

Thunder Bay's Strongest Manlet

;D ;D ;D

Attached below is a photo of me from a few hours ago at 185-lb.  I started training again earlier this month, and I have 10-lb to lose, and I plan to greatly improve on my physique, while passing all my previous personal best lifts [settling at just over 315/405/495 for bench press/squat/deadlift with perfect powerlifting contest form, at 175-lb body weight], and hopefully hitting a few other personal bests for reps [for bench, either 225x30, 250x20, or 315x10], as well as successfully flipping the heaviest tire available for strongman training in Thunder Bay - the 1100-lb'er...this same tire was the heaviest of three tires they had in an ascending weight tire flip at the 2014 Ontario's Strongest Man competition - and one which I just barely missed in training, after a 52 second attempt to flip it [all because my darn feet were slipping out of my shoes as you can see in the other photo below].

I'm looking forward to getting back on track, and if the Ontario government cracks down even harder on the ability to exercise here, I might just lose whatever remaining marbles I have left.  >:(

Thanks again for the support!  Keep the comments rolling in - it's great to hear feedback from some of the freaks, and some of the highly knowledgeable members [or in some cases, both] that we have here.  I appreciate it!  :)

My back and shoulders are a far cry from what they used to be, and I think I may even have a touch of Palumboism [I see no reason why drug-free manlets can't get Palumboism with age, just as juiced top IFBB pros do].  My back is glossy because I started using the prescription Retinoid cream that I just got, and it dried out my skin a little, so I've been applying moisturizer until I figure out the proper amount to use:

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2021, 04:59:55 AM »

Someone who knows a lot more about diet and training than Matt and half the people responding. He is starting from nowhere and talking about losing 20lbs on a starvation diet to do a strongman competition. I mean what in the hell seriously if this guy is an established getbigger and a friend of yours fucking tell him how crazy that sounds. Who am I the fucking Truth speaker apparently. He thinks he is going to lose 15lbs training super hard on 1500 calorie diet get to 170lbs then bench 315X10 reps?????? Are you kidding me????

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2021, 05:05:56 AM »
Matt c is freaky strong for looking like a barely noticible fagget
A

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2021, 05:10:51 AM »
Thanks wes - many years ago, I told myself I would start doing cardio at age 40 - which is just around the corner.  But I started early due to the lockdowns and everything.  In my twenties, I couldn't gain any sort of weight [muscle or even fat - I just couldn't put on weight, and could go just a few days eating normally, rather than the permabulker type of diet I was attempting, and I would lose weight].  In my thirties, I found I was able to maintain muscle a little more easily, and only at around age 35 or so [the past five years, more or less] was I able to actually make gains if I committed to doing so.

Unfortunately, after years of going nowhere, I sort of lost the motivation to do so.  There is also one other issue - I can make muscle gains faster than before [or muscle memory re-gains], but I can also gain fat easily.

The GOOD news is, if I put myself on a strict-ish diet, I can look my personal best [my OP photo - which is roughly where I max out, before I start getting much fatter in the stomach].  And I have never tried a more significantly strict diet, for an extended period of time.

It would my goal to see if I can reach just a touch leaner than the photo above at the same weight.  So...I would still likely be around the 170-lb range, but my stomach would be a bit tighter.  I really think I can do this - and it would nice to get there "on the eve of my 40th birthday".  Like Dave Pulcinella did for the first "Raising the Bar" documentary, leading up to his 40th birthday:

I will keep in mind what you said about cardio and sufficient protein intake, and I will go look at some carb cycling videos on YouTube tonight.

wes - if a person can tolerate going without a cheat meal, would you say that's fine?  I find with me, I'm just...not very hungry.  I don't get the same cravings for bad food, and even though I am by no means the leanest guy, I have actually been in low level ketosis my entire life.  Yeah - go figure.  I just don't eat much [which explains my appearance].  So I have always been just a touch into ketosis.

Or would you say cheat meals are essential to keep your sanity, even if you don't crave them?
that guy was chemically assisted to a high degree so why compare to that. It's a complete different ballgame.

You are not, I assume. But as I've seen you have dabbled in hormones before. So I assume that is not out of the question.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2021, 05:13:41 AM »
Someone who knows a lot more about diet and training than Matt and half the people responding. He is starting from nowhere and talking about losing 20lbs on a starvation diet to do a strongman competition. I mean what in the hell seriously if this guy is an established getbigger and a friend of yours fucking tell him how crazy that sounds. Who am I the fucking Truth speaker apparently. He thinks he is going to lose 15lbs training super hard on 1500 calorie diet get to 170lbs then bench 315X10 reps?????? Are you kidding me????

Why not?  I've already bench pressed 315x8 at that weight, so what's so unrealistic about adding two more reps?  I also didn't find that particular set to be that taxing, and I'm pretty confident that had I had a *competent* spotter the following week and attempted it again [as I had a competent spotter when I did 315x8, but won't attempt over 285-lb without a spotter, generally], I would have gotten 315 for nine reps...maybe ten, but I try not to make unrealistic assumptions about my progress.  But 315x9 was definitely within the realm of possibility, had I had a spotter I could have trusted with that responsibility a week later...it just so happened that I did not.

Regarding my diet...that basic template is what my diet will be.  If I ramp it up to 2,500 calories, say, the food items will remain the same.  So the only thing that will change will be the quantity of food consumed - not the types of food.  Although I am reconsidering the inclusion of halibut - at least on a daily basis [maybe 3x per week max would be ok].

The 315x10 will be bounced reps, but still a good lift at 175.  I'm looking forward to getting it!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2021, 05:22:45 AM »
Excuse me - but what's wrong with the diet?  I'm a bit soft now...I mean, nothing crazy that I won't burn off in six weeks...but I definitely need to clean up my diet, keep the protein high enough to build strength and not lose too much muscle while cutting, and get back to my 175-lb body weight.

Once I get back to roughly how I look in that photo, I can adjust things.  Although, I think that given the long layoff, that diet should be able to do me well for a while longer, even if I have to tweak it a bit [just ramp up calories, while keeping the macronutrient proportions similar].

The thing is, I care about BMI.  And I think I'm just naturally meant to be lighter.  But being lighter is no excuse not to train hard, so I want to set goals for my lifts that are at my subjective max for my body weight.

Although I'm open to doing a proper cycle, just for the people on here who claim I use steroids.  ::)  "HAVE SAMPLED" versus "use with some degree of regularity" are NOT the same thing.

But I'd be willing to go on something quasi serious, just to to 180-lb or whatever, with the same body fat as the OP photo, just to show how I would look if I did do a proper cycle.

After seeing how much Mike O'Hearn's testicles shrunk from steroids...it kind of puts me off to the whole thing.

Also, I may be somewhat starting to lose my hair [my brother thinks my hairline is starting to creep up], and I DEFINITELY do not want to accelerate that going on 40.

I'll attach some photos in this post in a second...maybe someone could tell me if my brother is right.  I'd rather not accelerate hair loss / male pattern baldness.

EDITED TO ADD:

Here are two photos of my hairline, where my brother thinks it's starting to recede. I think about Chris Bumstead, and how he has such a great look, yet is losing his hair in the same pattern I think I would lose mine. It throws off his looks a little, IMO.

I see nothing pleasant about losing my hair.

The photo of my ear is regarding something called "Frank's sign" [link below]. Are any Getbiggers familiar with this? I'm somewhat worried about it, but it could be bullshit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank%27s_sign
minoxodil and finasteride are the best and only proven drugs to stave off hairloss. Preferably in combination. Both are lifelong comitment. When you stop your hairloss will proceed and worsen.

Finasteride comes with sides for many people with things like worse erections and lowered sperm count. I'm guessing this effect could be lessened with some TRT, but then again the TRT itself will probaby also have a negative effect on the hair since more test will be converted to DHT.  And the TRT itself having sideeffects that you are aware of already probably.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2021, 05:32:29 AM »
WELL AREN`T YOU JUST FUCKING SPECIAL!

THERE ARE LITERALLY TONS OF PEOPLE WHO KNOW FAR MORE ABOUT NUTRITION AND DIET HERE THAN YOU DO NUMBNUTS.

YOU EAT LIKE SHIT ONLY TO TAKE MULTIPLE SHITS PER HOUR AND TO REACH A HEAVIER BODYWEIGHT.

THAT YOU FUCKTARD, DOES NOT EQATE TO DIET AND NUTRITION KNOWLEDGE IT JUST MEANS YOU EAT JUNK AND TOO MANY CALORIE DENSE SUGAR LADEN FOODS.................NO T VERY HEALTHY THAT`S WHY YOUR NUMBERS ARE ALL FUCKED UP.

YOU IDIOT !!

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2021, 05:47:38 AM »

Not everyone is an insane muscle-beast like you bhank-a-dank. Youre just so hardcore, and a bad-ass.  ::)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2021, 05:55:09 AM »
Why not?  I've already bench pressed 315x8 at that weight, so what's so unrealistic about adding two more reps?  I also didn't find that particular set to be that taxing, and I'm pretty confident that had I had a *competent* spotter the following week and attempted it again [as I had a competent spotter when I did 315x8, but won't attempt over 285-lb without a spotter, generally], I would have gotten 315 for nine reps...maybe ten, but I try not to make unrealistic assumptions about my progress.  But 315x9 was definitely within the realm of possibility, had I had a spotter I could have trusted with that responsibility a week later...it just so happened that I did not.

Regarding my diet...that basic template is what my diet will be.  If I ramp it up to 2,500 calories, say, the food items will remain the same.  So the only thing that will change will be the quantity of food consumed - not the types of food.  Although I am reconsidering the inclusion of halibut - at least on a daily basis [maybe 3x per week max would be ok].

The 315x10 will be bounced reps, but still a good lift at 175.  I'm looking forward to getting it!

Ramp up to 2500 calories a day? I had 1500 calories for breakfast. You need food to train. You need energy to move weight. When did you bench press 315X8 were you 250lbs a decade ago? The current guy in the back double bicep pose at 185lbs I can confidently say can't press 315 for 1 today

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2021, 05:58:08 AM »
WELL AREN`T YOU JUST FUCKING SPECIAL!

THERE ARE LITERALLY TONS OF PEOPLE WHO KNOW FAR MORE ABOUT NUTRITION AND DIET HERE THAN YOU DO NUMBNUTS.

YOU EAT LIKE SHIT ONLY TO TAKE MULTIPLE SHITS PER HOUR AND TO REACH A HEAVIER BODYWEIGHT.

THAT YOU FUCKTARD, DOES NOT EQATE TO DIET AND NUTRITION KNOWLEDGE IT JUST MEANS YOU EAT JUNK AND TOO MANY CALORIE DENSE SUGAR LADEN FOODS.................NO T VERY HEALTHY THAT`s WHY YOUR NUMBERS ARE ALL FUCKED UP.

YOU IDIOT !!

My numbers are great and my physique speaks for itself. I also change my diet and training up often to allow for adjusting periods and to keep things evolving. Never trust a guru who doesn't represent. Do I get fat hell no why because I know wtf I am doing.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2021, 06:03:15 AM »

So you are saying you can't go over 285 without a spotter but can get 315 for 8 with a good spotter. You got a spotter or a deadlifter? And again nah no fooking way you are repping 315 talking about bouncing it lol gtfo you would crush your bird like sternum. If you can press weight you can press weight no spot needed you can't press that kind of weight no fucking way. You trying to claim a 420lb one rep max at 170lbs in the masters division??????? That is some world level type shit

https://strengthlevel.com/one-rep-max-calculator

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2021, 06:06:48 AM »
My numbers are great and my physique speaks for itself. I also change my diet and training up often to allow for adjusting periods and to keep things evolving. Never trust a guru who doesn't represent. Do I get fat hell no why because I know wtf I am doing.
Your physique speaks for itself your assholiness but it ain`t saying a helluva` lot.................no lats at all...delts and arms are way out of proportion, as are your forearms, no pec whatsoever at all..... your body is very asymetrical,and way out of proportion.

Result:............you sir are just lean.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2021, 06:08:00 AM »
You dont get fat because you are on GH.........I may look stupid but I`m far from it.