Author Topic: Poll: 80% Of Americans Support Voter ID  (Read 1651 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Poll: 80% Of Americans Support Voter ID
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2021, 12:27:22 PM »
I don't disagree that changes can be made to voting locations and availability.  I kind of like the national voting day thing.  It could potentially change the current culture to that of participation. But I do not buy into changing things because people can't get it together enough to have a photo ID or that they can't afford it.  It's complete nonsense.

We can't continue to lower our standards to accommodate the lowest common denominators, because all we are doing is becoming co-dependent on their poor choices.
Exactly.  Why do we want lazy bums who are too inept to get ID to decide our elections?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2021, 12:39:37 PM »
How about we don't. It's not that hard to register to vote.

Basically, you're just abdicating for the lazy. Every election in which I've voted (even when I didn't have a car), I was able to EASILY get to a polling station and vote ON TIME, usually after I got off work.

We don't need a national holiday nor do people need to be forced to register, because next thing you'll want to force people to vote.

A utility bill is ridiculous, at least as a primary form of ID. In Florida, you can use a utility bill to prove your residency BUT it's in addition to a photo ID. You can't use a bill by itself.

I even got to vote in 2016 in Florida, even while using my Missouri driver's license, because I had my voter registration card and my light bill, proving I lived at my house in Orlando.

We got poor and elderly people with cell phones (the size of candy bars) with which they can call anyone on the face of this earth.

Their monthly bill likely COSTS MORE MONEY than a one-time fee for a photo ID (what is it, $15 or $20?) and it lasts for YEARS.

Spot on.  And it's not like people don't have 4 years to get an ID. 

Also, we should not be making bad policy that adversely impacts the masses to try and remedy problems a handful of people face.  We can easily assist poor or elderly people who need assistance getting an ID without making voter fraud easier. 

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2021, 01:30:24 PM »
Spot on.  And it's not like people don't have 4 years to get an ID. 

Also, we should not be making bad policy that adversely impacts the masses to try and remedy problems a handful of people face.  We can easily assist poor or elderly people who need assistance getting an ID without making voter fraud easier.

Exactly.

People can always find a way to do anything they truly want to.

This is the greatest country in the world. If you can't be bothered to get an ID in order to vote, maybe you shouldn't.

It's not like this is a common factor either. I don't know a single person without an ID and no ability to vote in person.

Why does our country have some of the leanest voter ID laws on the planet?

Mexico has a more secure election process. The problem is the results are completely fraudulent. But at least everyone is aware of the corruption.

Mexico just had an election, it's amazing how easy their system works. Never thought i'd compare the USA to Mexico and feel the Mexicans have a better system.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2021, 01:52:09 PM »
Exactly.

People can always find a way to do anything they truly want to.

This is the greatest country in the world. If you can't be bothered to get an ID in order to vote, maybe you shouldn't.

It's not like this is a common factor either. I don't know a single person without an ID and no ability to vote in person.

Why does our country have some of the leanest voter ID laws on the planet?

Mexico has a more secure election process. The problem is the results are completely fraudulent. But at least everyone is aware of the corruption.

Mexico just had an election, it's amazing how easy their system works. Never thought i'd compare the USA to Mexico and feel the Mexicans have a better system.

Truth.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2021, 12:30:43 PM »
Texas Democrats to flee state in effort to block GOP-backed voting restrictions

With Republican-backed voting bills moving rapidly through a special session of the state Legislature, Texas Democrats are planning to make a break for it — again.

At least 58 Democratic members of the state House of Representatives are expected to bolt from Austin on Monday in an effort to block the measures from advancing, a source familiar with the plans told NBC News. The unusual move, akin to what Democrats did in 2003, would paralyze the chamber, stopping business until the lawmakers return to town or the session ends.

To block the currently pending legislation, the Democratic lawmakers would have to remain away through the end of the special session, which can last as many as 30 days under the state’s constitution.

The majority of the members plan to fly to Washington, D.C., on two private jets chartered for the occasion and use the time there to rally support for federal voting legislation, the source said. Others will make their own way.

The lawmakers risk arrest in taking flight. Under the Texas Constitution, the Legislature requires a quorum of two-thirds of lawmakers be present to conduct state business in either chamber. Absent lawmakers can be legally compelled to return to the Capitol, and the source said Democrats expect state Republicans to ask the Department of Public Safety to track them down.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/texas-democrats-flee-state-effort-block-gop-backed-voting-restrictions-n1273667

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2021, 02:05:53 PM »
Texas Democrats to flee state in effort to block GOP-backed voting restrictions

With Republican-backed voting bills moving rapidly through a special session of the state Legislature, Texas Democrats are planning to make a break for it — again.

At least 58 Democratic members of the state House of Representatives are expected to bolt from Austin on Monday in an effort to block the measures from advancing, a source familiar with the plans told NBC News. The unusual move, akin to what Democrats did in 2003, would paralyze the chamber, stopping business until the lawmakers return to town or the session ends.

To block the currently pending legislation, the Democratic lawmakers would have to remain away through the end of the special session, which can last as many as 30 days under the state’s constitution.

The majority of the members plan to fly to Washington, D.C., on two private jets chartered for the occasion and use the time there to rally support for federal voting legislation, the source said. Others will make their own way.

The lawmakers risk arrest in taking flight. Under the Texas Constitution, the Legislature requires a quorum of two-thirds of lawmakers be present to conduct state business in either chamber. Absent lawmakers can be legally compelled to return to the Capitol, and the source said Democrats expect state Republicans to ask the Department of Public Safety to track them down.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/texas-democrats-flee-state-effort-block-gop-backed-voting-restrictions-n1273667

Bunch of toddlers. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2021, 02:16:12 PM »
Bunch of toddlers.

No masks but they brought beers.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2021, 02:26:33 PM »
No masks but they brought beers.

On the state taxpayers' time too. 

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2021, 04:10:29 PM »
They should all be fired for incompetency.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2021, 11:34:38 AM »

Texas’ Abbott says Dems who ‘fled’ state over elections bill will be arrested upon return

Gov. Greg Abbott, the Texas Republican, criticized state Democrats who fled to Washington, D.C., on Monday in an effort to deprive the Legislature of a quorum, thus the ability to vote on the GOP's sweeping elections overhaul bill.

Abbott appeared on "The Ingraham Angle" on Monday to defend the bill and say the missing lawmakers will be arrested upon their return to the state. He said members of the Texas House of Representatives who are still in the state can call for the arrests of their colleagues who do not show up to vote. The one caveat is the arrest has to be made in the state.

"Once they step back into the state they will be arrested and brought back to the Capitol and we will be conducting business," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-abbott-says-dems-who-fled-state-over-elections-bill-will-be-arrested-upon-return

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2021, 11:50:34 AM »

Texas’ Abbott says Dems who ‘fled’ state over elections bill will be arrested upon return

Gov. Greg Abbott, the Texas Republican, criticized state Democrats who fled to Washington, D.C., on Monday in an effort to deprive the Legislature of a quorum, thus the ability to vote on the GOP's sweeping elections overhaul bill.

Abbott appeared on "The Ingraham Angle" on Monday to defend the bill and say the missing lawmakers will be arrested upon their return to the state. He said members of the Texas House of Representatives who are still in the state can call for the arrests of their colleagues who do not show up to vote. The one caveat is the arrest has to be made in the state.

"Once they step back into the state they will be arrested and brought back to the Capitol and we will be conducting business," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-abbott-says-dems-who-fled-state-over-elections-bill-will-be-arrested-upon-return

Good.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2021, 12:28:41 PM »
ID cards are an ideal way to supervise and track a population

Even Mexico requires a special ID and thumb print verification to vote.

They can track all votes and calculate a clear winner by the time the polls close.

Makes sense.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2021, 12:30:12 PM »
Looks like the overwhelming majority of the country disagrees with President Biden that Voter ID is "the new Jim Crow" or "Jim Crow on steroids."

Poll: 80% Of Americans Support Voter ID
BY BECKY NOBLE
JUNE 21, 2021
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/poll-80-of-americans-support-voter-id/?utm_source=home-headline-stories

It's near impossible to defend voting without a verified ID.
This is a bad move for the dems .

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2021, 02:29:45 PM »
to who?

People with common sense.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2021, 04:11:53 PM »

Kind of like our DL, Credit cards, SSN and internet history?

All of which can be tracked through every single aspect of our lives?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2021, 04:24:45 PM »

No kidding.  Just like social security numbers. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2021, 01:29:36 AM »
Clyburn is a clown. 4 Pinocchios from Washington Post's fact checker.

Rep. Clyburn’s false claim that ‘no Democrat’ has opposed voter ID laws

The Pinocchio Test
Clyburn is trying to have his cake and eat it, too. He routinely decries “voter ID” laws, but at the same time he insisted on Fox News that he has never opposed such laws — and that every Democrat has supported them. In reality, he appears to be against many types of voter ID laws — ones that require photos, or a fee for a photo or which favor one voting group over another.

In other words, he’s playing word games. He supposedly is for voter identification but against most of the voter ID laws being adopted by states. Perhaps his contradictory response may be related to the broad support photo ID requirements have in public polling. He appears to want people to think he agrees with the majority even when he is fighting against such laws.

The fact that his spokeswoman will not explain what he meant suggests that his staff knows he ended up with an untenable talking point.
You cannot claim one day that voter ID is a new kind of poll tax and then, on another day, say every Democrat is for voter ID.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/15/clyburns-false-claim-that-no-democrat-has-opposed-voter-id-laws/

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2021, 07:18:56 AM »
Why is election day only 1 day? why isnt it a week long? or even a month

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2021, 11:49:49 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/why-is-election-day-a-tuesday-in-november

That's a good link Coach and I actually saw the program about it on the History channel.

The problem today is we have a lot more voters on the rolls then the old voting procedure could handle.

The 1st USA election had 43,792 votes  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1788%E2%80%9389_United_States_presidential_election.
The number voting had a steady increase as the population and US states grew for the next 231 yrs.

The 2020 election had around 155,000,000 votes cast.

Using outdated in person on election day voting is impractical with over 150 million casting ballots.
The good thing is , using a verified ID along with the proper technology we can have good elections with the growing  US electorate.

Some conservative may cry we need to return to election day in person voting to avoid voter fraud, but that's just plain wrong.
Liberals are also wrong when they cry foul about using a verified ID to vote.
In Ga, we had to provide our Ga state drivers license number to obtain an absentee ballot mailed to our correct address.

Again, some Trumpers may cry voter fraud in 2020 with Ga, but they ran a tight ship with no systemic fraud in 3 recounts.
Most of their recent voter laws are needed to return from a 2020 election that needed to deal with a covid pandemic and increased absentee voting and drop boxes, etc.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2021, 01:10:01 PM »
That's a good link Coach and I actually saw the program about it on the History channel.

The problem today is we have a lot more voters on the rolls then the old voting procedure could handle.

The 1st USA election had 43,792 votes  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1788%E2%80%9389_United_States_presidential_election.
The number voting had a steady increase as the population and US states grew for the next 231 yrs.

The 2020 election had around 155,000,000 votes cast.

Using outdated in person on election day voting is impractical with over 150 million casting ballots.
The good thing is , using a verified ID along with the proper technology we can have good elections with the growing  US electorate.

Some conservative may cry we need to return to election day in person voting to avoid voter fraud, but that's just plain wrong.
Liberals are also wrong when they cry foul about using a verified ID to vote.
In Ga, we had to provide our Ga state drivers license number to obtain an absentee ballot mailed to our correct address.

Again, some Trumpers may cry voter fraud in 2020 with Ga, but they ran a tight ship with no systemic fraud in 3 recounts.
Most of their recent voter laws are needed to return from a 2020 election that needed to deal with a covid pandemic and increased absentee voting and drop boxes, etc.

He asked a simple question and I gave him a simple answer. So here’s another simple answer. Dems can’t win without cheating the system. No, it’s not racist to show a legal ID while voting. Saying for example, saying black people cant vote because they can’t get an id, they don’t know how to obtain one and can’t find where their local DMV is to get the ID is “racist” in itself and pretty much sayin they’re too stupid to this is again, racist. It’s not “racist” to tell someone if they want to vote FOR THEM to go to the voting booth...you don’t bring the voting booth to them.

It’s as simple as wanting to cheat the system

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2021, 02:21:16 PM »
He asked a simple question and I gave him a simple answer. So here’s another simple answer. Dems can’t win without cheating the system. No, it’s not racist to show a legal ID while voting. Saying for example, saying black people cant vote because they can’t get an id, they don’t know how to obtain one and can’t find where their local DMV is to get the ID is “racist” in itself and pretty much sayin they’re too stupid to this is again, racist. It’s not “racist” to tell someone if they want to vote FOR THEM to go to the voting booth...you don’t bring the voting booth to them.

It’s as simple as wanting to cheat the system

I agree with you on voter ID requirements. in my OPINION, dems look foolish trying to defend that nonsense.

However, with modern technology and verified ID's we don't need to have everyone stand in line and vote in person .

It's already being done in the state of Oregon with no systemic voter fraud problems.
https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/statistics/vote-by-mail-timeline.pdf

FYI, thanks for the good post: giving your view on the topic, while avoiding petty insults and rants.
Not that my opinion matters, but I appreciate it.