Author Topic: 13 Things 90% Of Men Don't Know About Single Mothers  (Read 3179 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: 13 Things 90% Of Men Don't Know About Single Mothers
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2023, 02:41:17 AM »
That’s how a young person thinks. Rent and holidays is great until you are 60 and realise you can’t stop working and haven’t saved a dime. The single people I know who are 45+ are also the poorest in wealth terms because they never ‘needed’ to buy a property…… at 45 reality hits they want to get married and have kids but they are wrecked financially.

I’m not judging those who don’t have kids but I am saying people’s wants and life choices change over time, generally as those around have families.

I have no friends as I am spectrum. I have a 3 bedroom self contained apartment in my house for our daughter. Also a guest suite so we can have 3 generational living if she has a family. Parents not giving their kids financial help when young is a big factor to why they don’t start a family.

This is very true. Most often they realize how bad of a decision they've made until it's too late. ESPECIALLY if they're a female.

Back in the 80s, I used to work with a non-profit that delivered food to people in need. 80-90% of the people I visited were females that had no income stream and/or were in such poor physical shape they were unable to get to a supermarket and/or cook for themselves. Sometimes I would cook for them because I felt bad for them. Some hadn't had a hot meal in years. One thing to note was how appreciative they all were. They used to tell me to get married and love that woman until the day she died, and that she should do the same.

It was clear they were VERY regretful of the life choice they had made. Here they were: about to enter the gates of heaven and no one to even talk to but their cats and dogs. That's why I smile when I hear a young woman say:"I don't need no man!" Suuuuure. I think to myself "life will teach you to STFU eventually." And just as with animals, if you can't learn from words, ye shall learn from signs.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2023, 03:04:32 AM »
That’s how a young person thinks. Rent and holidays is great until you are 60 and realise you can’t stop working and haven’t saved a dime. The single people I know who are 45+ are also the poorest in wealth terms because they never ‘needed’ to buy a property…… at 45 reality hits they want to get married and have kids but they are wrecked financially.

Is your contention that they would not have these problems if they'd had a kid ???

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2023, 03:12:27 AM »

I’m not judging those who don’t have kids but I am saying people’s wants and life choices change over time, generally as those around have families.

I have no friends as I am spectrum. I have a 3 bedroom self contained apartment in my house for our daughter. Also a guest suite so we can have 3 generational living if she has a family. Parents not giving their kids financial help when young is a big factor to why they don’t start a family.

DC or Marvel?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2023, 04:03:25 AM »
People don't plan to fail, they just fail to plan.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2023, 03:39:36 PM »
Is your contention that they would not have these problems if they'd had a kid ???

No. The starting point is finding a lifelong partner. It’s called family planning for a reason.

My experience is this. Being a husband and father is a completely different life than being single/dating.
Your state of mind and decision making has nothing in common with a single 22yr old. I have responsibility for 2 other lives, a single 22yr old only worries about themselves. A pet dog is not the same as a child.

In today’s market 99.9% of single people can’t afford a property with their lifestyle. They instead focus on self gratification which results in delaying finding a partner and settling down.

Age of marriage is getting older. Birth rates have plummeted. Property ownership in young people has plummeted.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2023, 03:55:44 PM »
No. The starting point is finding a lifelong partner. It’s called family planning for a reason.

My experience is this. Being a husband and father is a completely different life than being single/dating.
Your state of mind and decision making has nothing in common with a single 22yr old. I have responsibility for 2 other lives, a single 22yr old only worries about themselves. A pet dog is not the same as a child.

In today’s market 99.9% of single people can’t afford a property with their lifestyle. They instead focus on self gratification which results in delaying finding a partner and settling down.

Age of marriage is getting older. Birth rates have plummeted. Property ownership in young people has plummeted.

Yep, a dog loves you unconditionally Kids love you when they get their own way

If you think your kids love you wait until you cant look after yourself.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2023, 02:01:33 AM »
Yep, a dog loves you unconditionally Kids love you when they get their own way

If you think your kids love you wait until you cant look after yourself.
They'll lovingly put you in a nursing home.