Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

26 CIA agents & Nicolo Pollari may face trial in Italy.

(1/5) > >>

Hugo Chavez:
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian prosecutors have wrapped up an investigation into the 2003 suspected        CIA kidnapping of a terrorism suspect in Milan, which could lead to criminal charges being brought against 38 people, most of them CIA agents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Judicial sources said on Saturday that 26 CIA agents and the head of Italy's Sismi military intelligence agency, Nicolo Pollari, were among the 38 suspects notified at the end of the probe, meaning prosecutors can now ask a judge to order them to stand trial.

The magistrates say a CIA-led team seized Muslim cleric Hassan Mustafa Osama Nasr, also known as Abu Omar, in Milan in 2003 and flew him to his native Egypt. Nasr says he was tortured there while being questioned.

Prosecutors believe Sismi helped the CIA in the operation. Pollari says Sismi did nothing wrong.

In July, the Milan prosecutors asked Italy's justice minister to request the extradition of the suspected U.S. agents.

Of course nothing will happen in these matters... I doubt there would ever be a trial IMO...  But the symbolism of it all is interesting to note.

Nordic Superman:
This is what is wrong with the west and will lead to its downfall, people like Berserker.

Note how vocal he is on such frivilous matters as this, yet is mute in regards to the real world threat of islamism.

Why don't you comment on 10 year old girls being used as slaves? The beheadings? The murders of your own fucking countrymen and women?

You make me SICK! >:(

Get your priorities straight you FUCKING LOSER! :-\

Hugo Chavez:

--- Quote from: Nordic Superman on October 24, 2006, 03:23:30 PM ---This is what is wrong with the west and will lead to its downfall, people like Berserker.

Note how vocal he is on such frivilous matters as this, yet is mute in regards to the real world threat of islamism.

Why don't you comment on 10 year old girls being used as slaves? The beheadings? The murders of your own fucking countrymen and women?

You make me SICK! >:(

Get your priorities straight you FUCKING LOSER! :-\

--- End quote ---
STFU you illiterate twit!  You obviously didn't read my comment on the story.  I mostly found this interesting from a standpoint of the symbolic message Italy is sending about their sovereignty.  As I said, I do not believe the CIA will stand trial... It's a fucking message from Italy saying, do it trough us, not around us.  You are one seriously stupid fucktard... Now sit down and shut up...

Nordic Superman:

--- Quote from: Berserker on October 24, 2006, 03:45:59 PM ---STFU you illiterate twit!  You obviously didn't read my comment on the story.  I mostly found this interesting from a standpoint of the symbolic message Italy is sending about their sovereignty.  As I said, I do not believe the CIA will stand trial... It's a fucking message from Italy saying, do it trough us, not around us.  You are one seriously stupid fucktard... Now sit down and shut up...

--- End quote ---

Yeah that's what you meant ::) libbofag

Hugo Chavez:
Next time Nordic, why don't you start out by not Assuming shit.  It's done nothing but serve you bad in the past... You have a history of flipping out after making some immediate conclusion... Instead, next time, maybe strike up a conversation if you don't understand something and get a feel for what the point is.  Just jump in there and say something like, "Interesting, what do you think it symbolizes exactly" and I will go, "da da da" and you can then get a fucking clue before you flipout...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version