Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Senior Democrat renews call for military draft

<< < (9/9)

drkaje:

--- Quote from: Sljck-NjnjaRjder on November 20, 2006, 05:46:44 PM ---First of all...why would YOU want to "spread the pain equally across our society"? and what does this mean?

Second....no exceptions whatsoever...do you mean physically, mentally, spiritually, economically, etc? 

I am not of the class of which dems think go to fight our wars, but if it meant that much to me I would just sign up and go.  There are already enough troops available to fight as the needed manpower - what good will I do adding to more peeps standing around in the US?  Do you want people with higher educational degrees and or net worths to be shooting eye-to-eye with the terrorists just bc you think they need to feel some "pain"?

--- End quote ---

Simple:

Only a few people are on the line when politicos make these decisions for war. It's well understood who volunteers and why. In most cases it's people with no other good options and the socioeconomically disadvantaged. It's fairly easy for our society to accept someone without a "shining" future getting killed/wounded. Until every level of our society feels the pain, every level will not take responsibility for our govornment's decisions.

No exceptions means no exceptions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version