Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Transcript from Saddams execution

(1/10) > >>

Diesel1:
Incase anyone is interested in what was said...

Saddam (as the noose is put around his neck): Ya Allah (Oh God).
Someone in the audience: Mercy be on those who pray for Mohammed and the household of Muhammed (Everyone repeats the prayer, including Saddam) -

Executioner and two people in the audience: And hasten his return (the Mahdi), curse his enemy and grant victory to his son, Muqtada, Muqtada, Muqtada! (This is a common Sadrist chant.)

Saddam (smirking): Muqtada?
NSA Muwafaq Al-Rubai'i: To Hell!
Saddam: (laughing)
Prosecutor Munqidh Al-Far'awn: Please, no.
Muwafaq Al-Rubi'i: Long live Mohammed Baqir Al-Sadr!
Someone in the audience: To Hell!
Saddam (solemnly recites the Shahada prayer): I witness that there is no god but Allah, and that Mohammed is the messenger of Allah. I witness that there is no god but Allah, and that Mohammed is the- (trap door is opened).

Audience: Prayers for Mohammed and the household of Muhammed.
Someone: The tyrant has fell. May Allah's curse be upon him.
Someone: No. No. Stay back.
Someone: Leave him for 8 minutes. Don't take him down.
Someone: Everyone. Stay back.

Dos Equis:
I generally don't take pleasure in someone's death, but I'm glad he's gone.  I felt the same way about Timothy McVeigh.  It took a long time for justice to catch up to Saddam, but the Iraqi people finally held him accountable.  Good riddance.

240 is Back:

--- Quote from: Beach Bum on December 31, 2006, 01:39:12 PM ---I generally don't take pleasure in someone's death, but I'm glad he's gone.  I felt the same way about Timothy McVeigh.  It took a long time for justice to catch up to Saddam, but the Iraqi people finally held him accountable.  Good riddance.

--- End quote ---

You do know that two of the ten witnesses said that McVeigh was still breathing when they pulled the curtain back, don't you?

But hell, I guess it's completely normal for 20% of the execution witnesses to say the guy is still breathing, eh? ;)

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: 240 is Back on December 31, 2006, 01:41:24 PM ---You do know that two of the ten witnesses said that McVeigh was still breathing when they pulled the curtain back, don't you?

But hell, I guess it's completely normal for 20% of the execution witnesses to say the guy is still breathing, eh? ;)

--- End quote ---

You are a nut.

240 is Back:

--- Quote from: Beach Bum on December 31, 2006, 01:41:56 PM ---You are a nut.

--- End quote ---

Were those two witnesses wrong, beach bum?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version