Author Topic: Mike Christian  (Read 7118 times)

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
Mike Christian
« on: January 18, 2007, 03:36:13 AM »
If we're giving respect to iron warriors, who can forget Iron Mike Christian.  This is one of the best pics I've seen of a real arm...real peak and definition.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: Mike Christian
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 03:39:28 AM »
Mike was really good except his legs.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 03:40:39 AM »
If we're giving respect to iron warriors, who can forget Iron Mike Christian.  This is one of the best pics I've seen of a real arm...real peak and definition.
he was kinda lanky..i never liked his physiuse
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 03:48:19 AM »
he was kinda lanky..i never liked his physiuse
agreed

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 03:50:32 AM »
I remember him talking about his gear usage, saying he started with sustanon, he put on 20 pounds in a month and trained with his shirt off lol. He used to go up to peeps he was competing against and tell them not to show up. Then he also talked about trying insulin once, he didn't shoot it with a slin needle he used a regular one, and said he thought he was gonna die, he cleaned out the candy machine at work etc. Seemed like a cool cat.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 03:53:09 AM »
I remember him talking about his gear usage, saying he started with sustanon, he put on 20 pounds in a month and trained with his shirt off lol. He used to go up to peeps he was competing against and tell them not to show up. Then he also talked about trying insulin once, he didn't shoot it with a slin needle he used a regular one, and said he thought he was gonna die, he cleaned out the candy machine at work etc. Seemed like a cool cat.
i have talked to him in venice and quite opened person though.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 03:57:41 AM »
Mike's striped pants where legendary!
Z

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 05:21:45 AM »
Mike's striped pants where legendary!
hahahah very true
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 08:40:54 AM »
He would have really been a force if he filled out his frame , great upper body.

AVBG

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 09:31:37 AM »
mike is/was cool. Who else remembers his clothing range.. Platinum Everywhere (from memory).. do-rag!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »
Mike hired me back in the summer of 90' to work for Platinum Everywhere. I didn't take that job.

Christian was able to put on muscle as easy as any pro I every saw, and I saw a lot of pros. Amazing transformations would take place at Gold's Venice on occasion. Nice guy too (to me anyway).
a

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 09:51:50 AM »
Great physique but his weakness for the recreational drugs was his undoing.
Another coulda, shoulda, woulda.... :-\

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 10:16:42 AM »
I heard he was a bad ass that people didn't want to fuck with, is there's any truth to this?
Z

The Viking

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 11:01:20 AM »
I saw Mike on stage a few times and he looked great. In person also big, 6`1 and 250 pounds.
I liked his frame more than that of Labrada and Haney, definitely one of the greatest of all time.
Remember that he placed top six at the Olympia 5 times. He won the Arnold Classic when it was still named the Pro-Classic. Great biceps!!
It`s a shame that coke destroyed his life in the nineties, as he told in Flex magazine in 1999.
Today he would be still be placing top three at most contests.

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 12:43:25 PM »
mike what a great person,nice guy

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 12:44:40 PM »
does mike christian go to church ¿
carpe` vaginum!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 03:23:24 PM »
I heard he was a bad ass that people didn't want to f**k with, is there's any truth to this?

It's weird. I never saw Mike actually mix it up with anybody, but I have seen a few verbal sparing bouts. Mike is a full 6' 1" 230-250 and when pissed was an intimidating person. That noted, he was frequently very friendly and had an easy smile. I'm sure he could handle his business if it came time to go.
a

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 04:29:47 PM »
It's weird. I never saw Mike actually mix it up with anybody, but I have seen a few verbal sparing bouts. Mike is a full 6' 1" 230-250 and when pissed was an intimidating person. That noted, he was frequently very friendly and had an easy smile. I'm sure he could handle his business if it came time to go.
i heard he enjoyed drugs too much

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 04:43:47 PM »
I think it was 88 or 89 when Mike won the pro world...he was totally awsome that year, just great.  he skipped the O for some reason but man was he good, hard as a rock, great, great back, arms, chest, traps and shoulders...even his legs were improved.

I dont' care what anyone says..Mike won the 90 olympia..well, either him or shawn, Labrada 3rd and no way was haney better than 4th that day.
nasser=piece of shit

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 04:46:02 PM »
I think it was 88 or 89 when Mike won the pro world...he was totally awsome that year, just great.  he skipped the O for some reason but man was he good, hard as a rock, great, great back, arms, chest, traps and shoulders...even his legs were improved.

I dont' care what anyone says..Mike won the 90 olympia..well, either him or shawn, Labrada 3rd and no way was haney better than 4th that day.

Haney was way off in 1990

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 05:07:27 PM »
"I dont' care what anyone says..Mike won the 90 olympia..well, either him or shawn, Labrada 3rd and no way was haney better than 4th that day."

It's funny; I've always thought Mike was one of the very elite few that could have won the Olympia. A little more lower quad & hams. Bring up those calves to 19", and he would have been a big-time contender for the title.
a

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 05:35:18 PM »
Haney was way off in 1990

Yeah i agree I saw that Olympia in person and the pre-judging and Mike did look the best IMO, I thought he should have won.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 05:53:59 PM »
Mike Christian, just like Mike Mentzer also had an awesome moustasche

Z

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 07:50:01 PM »
was his generations leverone,ate,trained,supped ,and grew into his show's.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 08:24:14 PM »
yeah i remember something about him eating boxes of cereal and any carbs he could put in cause of the slin mistake.