Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Gingrich Says People Bored by Presidential Race

(1/5) > >>

Dos Equis:
Still early, but so far it has been pretty boring. 

Sunday, Feb. 18, 2007 10:28 p.m. EST
Newt Gingrich's assessment of the public's reaction to the presidential campaign: Yawn.

As a potential presidential candidate himself, Gingrich said Sunday there may be a market for someone with enough sense not to get into a campaign two years before inauguration day.

"This is going to be like watching bad reruns of 'Survivor,"' Gingrich said. "People are going to say, 'Get them off the island. I don't want to see this anymore."'

Gingrich, the former House speaker from Georgia, said in December that it would not be too late for him to enter the race after this coming Labor Day if he believed no candidate had a clear advantage.

"I'll come back this summer at some point, if you'll have me, and we'll talk about how bored people are with this campaign," Gingrich said.,

He was interviewed on "Fox News Sunday."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/2/18/222943.shtml?s=ic

mightymouse72:

--- Quote from: Beach Bum on February 19, 2007, 08:28:06 AM ---Still early, but so far it has been pretty boring. 

Sunday, Feb. 18, 2007 10:28 p.m. EST
Newt Gingrich's assessment of the public's reaction to the presidential campaign: Yawn.

As a potential presidential candidate himself, Gingrich said Sunday there may be a market for someone with enough sense not to get into a campaign two years before inauguration day.

"This is going to be like watching bad reruns of 'Survivor,"' Gingrich said. "People are going to say, 'Get them off the island. I don't want to see this anymore."'

Gingrich, the former House speaker from Georgia, said in December that it would not be too late for him to enter the race after this coming Labor Day if he believed no candidate had a clear advantage.

"I'll come back this summer at some point, if you'll have me, and we'll talk about how bored people are with this campaign," Gingrich said.,

He was interviewed on "Fox News Sunday."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/2/18/222943.shtml?s=ic

--- End quote ---

beach, would you like to see newt run for prez??
i think he would make things very interesting.

240 is Back:
newt wants to tighten internet free speech greatly, has even said blogs are destroying the USA.

Goodbye political board!

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: mightymouse72 on February 19, 2007, 10:10:08 AM ---beach, would you like to see newt run for prez??
i think he would make things very interesting.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't.  I don't think he can win enough "Reagan Democrats" and independents to win the general.  He would be one person who guarantees we have President Hillary. 

I think his legacy is cemented.  His plan during the 94 elections was brilliant.  He had a huge impact on breaking the stranglehold Democrats had on Congress and there were ripple effects across the country.  That turnover was great for the country. 

But if he runs, his personal baggage will really hurt him.  From what I recall, he dumped his wife while she was suffering from cancer and hooked up with a younger woman (while he was married).  Would not go over well with the base.  He also had too many run-ins with the ethics committee.   

On the other hand, the problem is he is absolutely right about the "boring" candidates.  Someone needs to shake up the race.     

240 is Back:
he's a brilliant man.  probably smarter than anyone else running. 

but he is very far right and the phrase "Newt World Order" is frequently used for a reason...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version