Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Wrestling Board

Favorite past pro wrestlers

(1/7) > >>

Ron:
So what was my favorite past wrestler... well it was the Ultimate Warrior. I actually met him at an event a long time ago, when we were just starting to bring in a drink from a company called Science Foods. They had a booth there at a WWF expo and show.  It is at this event where I learned of a company called American Body Building drinks, who had almost no presence on the west coast, and we took them as a brand.   

This expo is like the current Ironman, Olympia and Arnold expo. It had over 100 booths, and you got to meet various pro wrestler at that time, at various booths. It was pretty cool.

Here is some information on the Ultimate Warrior...

Biography

The face painted muscleman who ran to the the ring and spoke to his hands and the heavens about things we mortals can't understand will never be forgotten by those who saw him. His power and intensity made him the most popular wrestler in the world at one time.

Jim Hellwig (now legally known as Warrior) was born in 1957. He was one of a group of 4 bodybuilders known as Powerteam USA trained by Rick Bassman. Both Jim and Steve Borden caught the eyes of promoters in Tennessee, where they went as the Bladerunners Rock and Flash. Flash later became known as Sting.

As Bladerunner Rock, he fought in the Tennessee and Oklahoma territories. In 1986, he entered the Texas territory (televised on ESPN) and was renamed the Dingo Warrior. He was part of Gary Hart's stable and quickly found success by winning both the tag team titles and the Texas title. It was here where he painted his face in the pattern we are all used to.

In 1987, he entered the WWF and was renamed the Ultimate Warrior. Within a few months, he became the Intercontinental Champion by beating the Honky Tonk Man and he held the title for 8 months before losing it to Rick Rude. He regained the belt a few months later and went on to fight for the World Title.

At WrestleMania VI, he beat Hulk Hogan to become WWF Champion. He held the belt for 9 months until losing to Sgt. Slaughter due to the interference of Randy Savage. He got his revenge against Savage by beating him in a match where the loser must retire. At this point, the story of the Warrior becomes very strange. He was locked in a coffin, buried up to his neck, and bitten by a cobra by Jake Roberts & the Undertaker. Then he was gone.

At the end of WrestleMania VIII the Warrior returned to everyone's surprise. He then had a voodoo spell cast on him that forced him to vomit and have an ooze come down his face. After winning this feud, he was supposed to main event Survivor Series 92 but was gone again. He came back almost four years later, had a feud with Jerry Lawler and was gone again.

During the Monday Night War, WCW tried to sign every former WWF superstar and was able to sign him and use the name Warrior after a legal battle with the WWF that gave Warrior the rights to his name. In his most memorable match in WCW, he and Hulk Hogan stunk up the arena in a match featuring Hogan not being able to light up a piece of flash paper.

Warrior is a right wing conservative with a successful speaking career. He has appeared on C-Span spreading the conservative message and also does college speaking tours. In addition, he has created his own philosophy on life with words he created like destrucity and foke.

mass 04:
Thanks for the board Ron. Mine is Mr. Perfect. He was the total package. He had the look, skills, athleticism, mic skills. Just a great worker.

gmflex:
very nice ron....

The Vonerichs!!!
Too bad they all self destructed....

Who is going to be the mod??

I nominate Karl kox  ;)

gmflex:
lol.. opps
just noticed it was karl kox ;D

Ron:
Karl Kox I have met and know he will work at it.  The others ones, well Karl can decide that.

Funny when I think back to the late 1980's, when I met the Ultimate Warrior, he was actually really nice and cool, even though at the time he was becoming a big star.

Also met Hacksaw Jim Duggan, and his 'act' was pretty cool too.  For some reason, these two names from the early WWF are what I remember.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version