Author Topic: is this healthy?  (Read 4913 times)

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • built through sweat, but no tears
is this healthy?
« on: February 22, 2010, 10:23:05 PM »
ok, i've been back in the gym since jan. 1st after a 4.5 year break from all training, sound nutrition, and ped's.  since being back i've gained almost 40 lbs(natural - for now ;D) and i'm wondering how hard this quick weight gain and intense training is on my body?  physically and mentally i feel great (other than a sore as hell left elbow) and i'm eating about 3500-4500 calories/day(pretty clean - no fast food, etc)

i plan to keep gaining until getting close to my previous offseason weight.  does anyone see any reason i should slow down for health reasons or should i continue to fuel my body and let it grow as it wants?

thanks for any input ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: is this healthy?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 10:29:50 PM »
ok, i've been back in the gym since jan. 1st after a 4.5 year break from all training, sound nutrition, and ped's.  since being back i've gained almost 40 lbs(natural - for now ;D) and i'm wondering how hard this quick weight gain and intense training is on my body?  physically and mentally i feel great (other than a sore as hell left elbow) and i'm eating about 3500-4500 calories/day(pretty clean - no fast food, etc)

i plan to keep gaining until getting close to my previous offseason weight.  does anyone see any reason i should slow down for health reasons or should i continue to fuel my body and let it grow as it wants?

thanks for any input ;D

40 pounds in a month and a half  ??? :o
You know that's not quality, right  :-\
:

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 07:19:15 AM »

40 pounds in a month and a half  ??? :o
You know that's not quality, right  :-\

Maybe he had a couple "wicknilly cheat meals."

I looked for the thread (can't find it  :( ) where wick told us what his cheat meal was that one time...26 pieces of pizza plus some other stuff  :o
R

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 08:41:38 AM »
LOL, yea i remember that cheat meal.  it was crazy!  fortunately, i've steered clear of those and have been eating pretty clean.  lots of steak, eggs, ground beef, chicken, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, whole wheat bread, etc...

i know it's not all quality, but i'd say the majority are good gains.  my bf % last week was 11.4 up from around 9ish when i started training again.  i'll try to snap some pics when i get a chance and we'll compare them to my others that are floating around here ;D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 06:35:33 AM »
LOL, yea i remember that cheat meal.  it was crazy!  fortunately, i've steered clear of those and have been eating pretty clean.  lots of steak, eggs, ground beef, chicken, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, whole wheat bread, etc...

i know it's not all quality, but i'd say the majority are good gains.  my bf % last week was 11.4 up from around 9ish when i started training again.  i'll try to snap some pics when i get a chance and we'll compare them to my others that are floating around here ;D
!

R

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 04:25:22 PM »
who's that handsome devil!?!

;D

newmom

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 04:29:12 PM »
holy hell if that is you after a 4.5 year break..good god..thats a handsome mofo and he aint even a baldy and made me fall out of my bed

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »
holy hell if that is you after a 4.5 year break..good god..thats a handsome mofo and he aint even a baldy and made me fall out of my bed

lol...that comment made me fall out of my chair  :D  and thanks for the compliment!

that pic was about 5 yrs ago i think...i was 21 - and stella, i'm sure i've a got a better one than that floating around!  ;D

to be honest, i don't feel like i'm very far off from that, just holding a bit more fat/water.  i'll try to snap some new ones tomorrow

newmom

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 06:18:43 PM »
lol...that comment made me fall out of my chair  :D  and thanks for the compliment!

that pic was about 5 yrs ago i think...i was 21 - and stella, i'm sure i've a got a better one than that floating around!  ;D

to be honest, i don't feel like i'm very far off from that, just holding a bit more fat/water.  i'll try to snap some new ones tomorrow

omg Im old enough to be your mother..shame on me...but good for you for getting back to where you want to be

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 07:09:26 AM »

loloz!
R

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 07:54:24 AM »

thanks for any input ;D
go for it.

to stay healthy make sure everyday you are getting in adequate essential fats, both insoluble and soluble fiber, vitamins/minerals, vegetables and/or fruits, and of course essential amino acids  :) .

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »
maintain a good cardio profile if you're gaining that fast.. don't want to be one of those guys that can't walk up a flight of stairs w/out caughing up a lung

saopl

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 08:11:35 AM »
maintain a good cardio profile if you're gaining that fast.. don't want to be one of those guys that can't walk up a flight of stairs w/out caughing up a lung

FUCK CARDIO!

unless you're a fat slob. or trying to lean down.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 06:45:27 PM »
FUCK CARDIO!

Cardio is good stuff.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 03:03:59 AM »
FUCK CARDIO!

lol, cardio is good. everyone should do cardio 2-3 times a week.

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 06:56:00 AM »
dude, you have good genes and your body remembers where it wants to be.  dont worry too much about the weight gains, as long as your blood pressures is okay
Team MEL