Author Topic: AAS & Hair Loss  (Read 392280 times)

TheOne

• Getbig III
Re: Hair Loss
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »
Yeah, that's what my buddy uses and it has aged him a lot.  He is 31 and I am 34 and I look 26-28 and he looks 40+.  Everyone has their own experiences but I would stay away from Rogaine/Minoxidil.  Another side effect of rogaine can be a bloated face/moon face in a lot of users.  Fuck that shit, whats the point of having a full head of hair and fat pie for a face.  I have explored this subject in detail and I think the protocol I outlined above should preserve all the hair you currently have without Minoxidil.  I still am going to take my Finasteride as i always have as i get no sides from that.  As far as regrowth is concerned, not sure on that but only time will tell.

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2011, 02:45:24 PM »
The thing with Rogaine/Minoxidil is once you stop, you lose the growth that you got from it, in other words you would have to stay on forever to keep your hair.

Is this the same with your stack depending if you use AAS or not ?

Mods should sticky this  ;D

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2011, 03:14:59 PM »
I used minoxidil for a couple years and didn't notice any negative sides like aging or any for that matter. Everyone in my family looks younger than their age so genetics may have something to do with that. Everyone reacts different to everything, like with finasteride for instance some people just don't tolerate it well at all.

And g101, all these products do is aid in preventing hair loss so you would have to use them continuously to reap any benefits. Once you stop taking them nature will take its course juicing or not. It is a pain in the ass to keep up with this stuff but if it means delaying baldness than its well worth it.

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2011, 07:15:05 PM »
What i've noticed in the past and present

If you wash your hair everyday you will be fine since you will get rid of sebum
If you wash every couple days you will get hairloss from oily scalp and sebum build-up

This is the "big" picture which lyquid has discussed in one of the first few postings into this thread

Keeping your scalp sebum free imo is key for hair growth / hair loss prevention .. which is where Nizoral and all the other products come into place

lyquid

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2011, 07:32:25 PM »
yup mot omly dht is where the dht lays. Amd also produced some om its owm Im the seb glamd where sebum is made.

keys brokem if you guys umderstood.

What i've noticed in the past and present

If you wash your hair everyday you will be fine since you will get rid of sebum
If you wash every couple days you will get hairloss from oily scalp and sebum build-up

This is the "big" picture which lyquid has discussed in one of the first few postings into this thread

Keeping your scalp sebum free imo is key for hair growth / hair loss prevention .. which is where Nizoral and all the other products come into place

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »
No, the stack I am using is a little aggressive due to the tren I will be running.  I'm starting at 250mg a week and will be at 500-600mg per week after the first couple of weeks.  When not on tren, and let's say test only with anavar at 60mg a day all I need is 1.25mg Finasteride and it does the trick.  I like having hair too much that's why my stack right now is a little crazy looking due to the androgenic qualities of the trenbolone acetate I plan on devouring  ;)

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2011, 07:32:50 PM »
2 points to note:

When you buy the pyro zinc head and shoulders conditioner make sure it's conditioner only and also make sure you get the one that says 'with almond oil' available at cvs/ walgreens.  You will condition with this after you wash with Nizoral 2% shampoo.

Also at cvs/ walgreens get something called Hibiclens.  This is something hair transplant surgeons recommend you use the night before you go in for surgery.  You will add a nickel size into the palm of your hand and mix with the Nizoral.  This is only to be done ONCE A WEEK. No more because it is a disinfectant for the scalp and a healer so only do this once a week.  Any more will result in excessive dryness.  This will prep your scalp for better penetration and absorption of the topicals like spironolactone etc.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2011, 09:40:46 PM »
2 points to note:

When you buy the pyro zinc head and shoulders conditioner make sure it's conditioner only and also make sure you get the one that says 'with almond oil' available at cvs/ walgreens.  You will condition with this after you wash with Nizoral 2% shampoo.

Also at cvs/ walgreens get something called Hibiclens.  This is something hair transplant surgeons recommend you use the night before you go in for surgery.  You will add a nickel size into the palm of your hand and mix with the Nizoral.  This is only to be done ONCE A WEEK. No more because it is a disinfectant for the scalp and a healer so only do this once a week.  Any more will result in excessive dryness.  This will prep your scalp for better penetration and absorption of the topicals like spironolactone etc.

Have to admit I haven't been doing this. It opens up the follicles or something along those lines right?

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2011, 10:33:48 PM »
Conditioning with the head and shoulders will help sooth the scalp as Nizoral is pretty drying.  That's why I recommend the one that has the added almond oil in it.

As for the Hibiclens, it creates a better environment on your scalp for all the stuff you put on it to work.  The Hibiclens is cheap and will last you several months cuz you only need it once a week.  Also, after a while of all these products your scalp will get some build up on it, this will take care of that.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2011, 04:00:35 PM »
Conditioning with the head and shoulders will help sooth the scalp as Nizoral is pretty drying.  That's why I recommend the one that has the added almond oil in it.

As for the Hibiclens, it creates a better environment on your scalp for all the stuff you put on it to work.  The Hibiclens is cheap and will last you several months cuz you only need it once a week.  Also, after a while of all these products your scalp will get some build up on it, this will take care of that.

I think Lyquid also mentioned that shampoo having some sort of effect on increasing or opening follicles up as well. Gonna have to get me some of that.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2011, 06:52:41 PM »
Have to admit I haven't been doing this. It opens up the follicles or something along those lines right?

well, ketoconazole, the active ingredient in nizoral, is an anti-androgen and the shampoo itself is also an anti-fungal so you wash with that with the theoretical purpose of blocking androgen receptors in your hair follicles and also clearing away sebum that bacteria live off of, the bacteria growing in your sebum and your body having an immunal reaction to them is apparently one of the theories behind hairloss. so it's two-fold for why people use nizoral.

it leaves your hair dry and brittle afterwards so you use a conditioner to give the hair some volume, and since the nizoral itself is pretty harsh on your scalp you don't want another shampoo with SLS/SLES in it further drying out your scalp as that may make your hairloss worse if it's sebaceous dermatitis orientated.

i never had any benefit from using nizoral but if it works for some people then it works for some people.

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2011, 07:56:37 PM »
Were you using regular Nizoral or prescription 2%?

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2011, 08:18:47 PM »
Sorry guys I was referring to the head and shoulders shampoo.

ok today I am supper happy. I was unsure for awhile if my hair was in a thinned state or growing more hairs. Cause it'll always start off looking worse since newer thinner hairs are growing in confusing making it lok like ur thinning even worse. But today my hairline is really looking amazing. Absolutely amazing lol. Looking like a very minimal widows peak again and the thinning on my top that was getting pretty bad a few weeks ago is super thick now looks really great.

so to re cap exactly what I was using since I've had this happen a few times where I've stpped my protocol did jucie etc shit like that n re lost my hair on all over my top n extra badwidows peak and crown area.

coconut and emu oil randomly. Sometimes on for a few hours mid day before a shower both of em. Somedays nothing. Somedays coconut all night over nite. Some nites emu oil n coco all night.

some nights nizoral alone all night. Sometimes nizoral n coconut oil over night. Pretty much I just mixed it up.

now during showering. I first wash with nizoral makes a thick lather. Smal amount. I only ever use smal amount the bottle still last months don't over do it. Than leave on for 5 to 10 mins. And wash out with zinc pyro conditioner!!! Very importarnt zinc head n shoulders. Proven to increase the diamater of hair shaft. Remember dht shrinks ur diamater and you eventually get such small hairs that the folicle shuts off. (science suggest this can be turned back on again tho and regrow).

so that's it. No systematic drugs this time. Last time I used saw palmetto but it effected my libido for sure. Alot. If ur on test I'd def use saw palmeto.

only other products for helping hair growth a b vitamin complex 25 to 50mg a day of each b vitamin. And some days a multi vitamin. Extra zinc would help to but I ran out months ago.

I can name other things but this is what's worked good. Seems like alot now that I'm typing it. Ill get some pics. When you see the hairline ull see just how much its progressed. And overall thickness.

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2011, 09:44:33 PM »
coconut oil + emu oil + conditioner for moisture  8)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2011, 09:38:29 AM »
coconut oil + emu oil + conditioner for moisture  8)

Just avoid sdrol  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :D :D :D

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2011, 09:50:54 AM »

ridiculous gains using sdrol at the cost of purple + red face / looking very unhealthy  ;D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2011, 01:07:13 PM »
ridiculous gains using sdrol at the cost of purple + red face / looking very unhealthy  ;D
hahahahah ;D ;D ;D

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2011, 02:43:51 PM »
Awesome thread guys.

Lyquid, what do you think of a nizoral spray? Mixing nizoral with water as the dilutent and then spray it at certain times during the day? Would it be effective? And what's the best way to keep scalp oil free? I noticed my scalp has been more oily than usual since the winter began.

Thanks guys for the awesome thread and lets keep this updated with everyone's progress!

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2011, 09:10:47 AM »
I have never tried Nizoral in a spray bottle like you would like to try, but massaging and washing you hair with 2% prescription Nizoral shampoo will keep your scalp oil free.  You may need it everyday but usually every other day will work also.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2011, 05:03:55 PM »

did superdrol have negative effects on your hair meso?

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2011, 09:35:52 AM »
I have never tried Nizoral in a spray bottle like you would like to try, but massaging and washing you hair with 2% prescription Nizoral shampoo will keep your scalp oil free.  You may need it everyday but usually every other day will work also.

I've been thinking about it and don't know if it be a good idea since Niz dries your hair out so much. But I have started leaving Niz in overnight and doing this EOD and I can definitely say that less hair is falling out now. I'm also taking 100 mg zinc, 640 saw palm extract and b complex. I might try out spiro.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2011, 10:42:56 AM »
I've been thinking about it and don't know if it be a good idea since Niz dries your hair out so much. But I have started leaving Niz in overnight and doing this EOD and I can definitely say that less hair is falling out now. I'm also taking 100 mg zinc, 640 saw palm extract and b complex. I might try out spiro.

I know what you mean wrt the drying but it does get better the longer you use it. At first my scalp was drying the hell out and almost peeling. A month later now and its not that bad anymore. I don't use emu oil but I find coconut oil or even olive oil helps with the dryness.

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2011, 10:54:37 AM »
I know what you mean wrt the drying but it does get better the longer you use it. At first my scalp was drying the hell out and almost peeling. A month later now and its not that bad anymore. I don't use emu oil but I find coconut oil or even olive oil helps with the dryness.

100% TRUE. DO NOT USE COCONUT OIL IN THE DAY, JUST OVERNIGHT BECAUSE SHIT FUCKING SMELLS.

ANYWAYS, KEEP OLIVE OIL IN YOUR HAIR FOR THE DAY JUST A PINCH IF YOU KEEP YOUR HAIR PRESENT, FOR ME I WEAR A HAT SO I CAN LOAD UP ON IT.

MY HAIR HAS GROWN A SHIT TON. I KEEP OLIVE OIL IN MY HAIR 1-2 TIMES A WEEK, AND 1-2 TIMES A WEEK I USE COCONUT OIL OVERNIGHT. SHAMPOO WITH SOMETHING THAT DOESNT THIN AND DRY YOUR SCALP OUT. REMEMBER YOUR HAIR GROWS WHEN YOU ARE NOT TRAINING IT  :D SO DO THE OIL PROTOCOL BUT SOME REST DAYS FOR YOUR HAIR SO IT CAN ACTUALLY GROW.

OIL IS THE HORMONAS, OVERNIGHT OR LONG DURATIONS IS THE TRAINING , SHAMPOO'ING AND LETTING IT GROW IS THE RESTING & EATING.

:D
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2011, 11:07:23 AM »
Ok so I'll skip the.spiro and get some coconut oil. And yeah my scalp has dried out so bad that I have skin that look like snowflakes coming off all on the frontal region. I wonder if mixing the niz with conditioner and then applying it and leaving it on overnight would make it less dry.

And also, can I apply the coconut oil on the nights that I dont do nizoral?

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2011, 11:38:55 AM »
100% TRUE. DO NOT USE COCONUT OIL IN THE DAY, JUST OVERNIGHT BECAUSE SHIT FUCKING SMELLS.

ANYWAYS, KEEP OLIVE OIL IN YOUR HAIR FOR THE DAY JUST A PINCH IF YOU KEEP YOUR HAIR PRESENT, FOR ME I WEAR A HAT SO I CAN LOAD UP ON IT.

MY HAIR HAS GROWN A SHIT TON. I KEEP OLIVE OIL IN MY HAIR 1-2 TIMES A WEEK, AND 1-2 TIMES A WEEK I USE COCONUT OIL OVERNIGHT. SHAMPOO WITH SOMETHING THAT DOESNT THIN AND DRY YOUR SCALP OUT. REMEMBER YOUR HAIR GROWS WHEN YOU ARE NOT TRAINING IT  :D SO DO THE OIL PROTOCOL BUT SOME REST DAYS FOR YOUR HAIR SO IT CAN ACTUALLY GROW.

OIL IS THE HORMONAS, OVERNIGHT OR LONG DURATIONS IS THE TRAINING , SHAMPOO'ING AND LETTING IT GROW IS THE RESTING & EATING.

:D
haha I like that analogy!

Ok so I'll skip the.spiro and get some coconut oil. And yeah my scalp has dried out so bad that I have skin that look like snowflakes coming off all on the frontal region. I wonder if mixing the niz with conditioner and then applying it and leaving it on overnight would make it less dry.

And also, can I apply the coconut oil on the nights that I dont do nizoral?
Thats exacly how mine was at first....the hairline was flaking up. It does get better. You can alternate the niz with the coconut oil. Yesterday I actually mixed them both cause I believe Lyquid is doing this and he knows a lot more than me about this subject. The way I did it was put the nizoral on first, let it dry and then put some coconut oil on top of that. Don't know if this would be the proper way to do it maybe someone else can chime in....