Author Topic: AAS & Hair Loss  (Read 391170 times)

lyquid

• Getbig III
Re: Hair Loss
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2012, 08:17:45 PM »
Any thoughts on Azelaic acid (anti-DHT) ? Also from what i read it doesn't causing aging like minoxidil and is used for anti-aging

Apparently it inhibits both types of DHT and there is many who say it is better than Spironolactone

I looked really hard imto aa. But I kept fimdimg just as much imfo sayimg it didmt work amd just as mucj that it did. So I left it alome. It soumds lie it works. I'm gomma look for some.

lyquid

• Getbig III
« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2012, 08:19:30 PM »
to the guy talkimg about leabimg mizoral om obermight qith dry hair.

aftet you wash it out. Apply small amoumts to ur damp hair of cocomut oil. To much looks little greasy. So do small amoumts rub it all ober amd ur hair looks so amazimg amf shimy health shime . Will look amazimg trust me om that try it out. Makes hair look thicker I fimd to amd straighter easier to style.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »
to the guy talkimg about leabimg mizoral om obermight qith dry hair.

aftet you wash it out. Apply small amoumts to ur damp hair of cocomut oil. To much looks little greasy. So do small amoumts rub it all ober amd ur hair looks so amazimg amf shimy health shime . Will look amazimg trust me om that try it out. Makes hair look thicker I fimd to amd straighter easier to style.

LOL, I like reading your posts. It's even funnier because of the missing "n".

I've read about rubbing olive oil in your hair and leaving it there overnight. It's supposed to break up the DHT. Also brushing your hair everyday with a boar bristle brush is good for circulation in the scalp.

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2012, 07:44:40 PM »
TheOne

we need updates now  8)

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2012, 07:56:53 PM »
Ok g101, here you go.  I have experienced zero hair loss in the last 5 weeks while beginning Tren.  I alternate each night between applying topical spironolactone and coconut oil after I have had the Nizoral on my hair for at least 30 minutes so it has time to dry a little.  I really like using the Hibiclens every Sunday to reset my scalp mixed in with the Nizoral 2%.  I have also added in Biotin as a separate supplement, don't notice a difference yet but it's more for just piece of mind.  Btw, I am using Tren at 65mg per day along with Test and Anavar. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2012, 06:40:16 AM »
Ran a few Deca/Dbol/Test cycles in my early and late twenties without any noticeable change in hair quality or density.  It could be that the damage was so minimal I didn't notice a change at the time.  Ran a cycle in my early thirties and the hair started falling out in handfuls almost immediately, even after I stopped.  

Now I keep the hair cut tight to the scalp and take Propecia and use 2% keto in hopes of holding onto what I have left.   I still have a lot of hair left and an intact hairline.   Keto doesn't dry out my hair at all and like you, I keep it in my hair for thirty minutes or so.  If you can get your hands on it, use Extina.  Extina is a keto foam and it was so easy to apply and it didn't dry out my hair or scalp.  Plus, you don't wash it out, which allows the active chemical to better penetrate the scalp.  The big draw back, and the reason I don't use it still, is price.  There aren't any generics for keto foam and it is pretty pricey.

I'm glad you seem to be keeping your hair using a similar protocol to mine.  I'd be a lot more willing to run a cycle again if I knew I could keep my hair.  I know, I know; i'm a pussy who should just shave it.

How is the topical spironolactone working?  I've been thinking about adding it to my regiment but unsure if it works well. Is it expensive?

A

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2012, 02:42:36 AM »
so take saw palmeto right? def. will :)
X

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2012, 11:07:52 PM »

I took saw palmeto and it killed my libido big time. I stopped taking it and my libido went back to normal. I read that stinging nettle root is a good dht blocker. Also, many guys say it lowers their estrogen. Never tried it though.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2012, 06:28:54 AM »

Definitely try it. It works great for me and didnt mess with my libido. Try it out and see everyones different.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2012, 08:05:05 AM »

it's like a weaker version of finasteride, essentially.

lyquid

• Getbig III
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2012, 08:11:10 AM »
I took saw palmeto and it killed my libido big time. I stopped taking it and my libido went back to normal. I read that stinging nettle root is a good dht blocker. Also, many guys say it lowers their estrogen. Never tried it though.

It blocks estrogen from bind to the receptor site. Atleasr in prostate tissue.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2012, 11:56:01 AM »
it's like a weaker version of finasteride, essentially.

No not really.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2012, 12:00:14 PM »
explain how their mode of action is different then

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »
Just that any side effects aren't permanently stuck with u like when u take fina. Also fina affects the body neurologically to a small degree whereas saw palmetto doesnt have the potential to do this and merely inhibits the production of dht. It also doesnt mess with semen consistency and a whole other bunch of shit. Not gettin in to detail, but ive done a bunch of research and fina is horrible where saw palmetto may exhibit similar or even better results than finasteride without the damaging side efdects. There was one study I read a while back about the two receptors that interact with saw palmetto to stop dht where fina only interacts with one.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2012, 01:18:39 PM »
you're talking about the propeciahelp.com website? people on there have gotten long term sides from saw palmetto too, and i think what happens is that androgen receptors can upregulate and down regulate and after awhile of low androgen levels, androgen receptor sites in the cells down regulate to a very low level, causing the symptoms of low androgenic levels to persist even after stopping androgen inhibitors.

that's my theory anyways. there are guys who run trt after getting those sides that feel normal again.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »
Nah I wasnt talkin about that website. Never been there I dont think. And interesting theory. Definitely possible but I would think that the androgen receptors wouldn't downregulate too much since testosterone is still present even tho dht isnt.

undead

• Getbig II
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2012, 02:25:53 PM »
explain how their mode of action is different then

uh, ok i will. saw palmetto affects a different enzyme than finasteride.

as we all know, the 5 alpha reductase enzyme reduces test to DHT. however there are 2 isoforms of the enzyme. type I and type II. finasteride only affects the type I isoform which is found in very high concentrations in the prostate and scalp which is why its used for hair loss. it can reduce systemic DHT by something like 60% if i remember correctly. saw palmetto only affects the type II isoform and doesnt reduce systemic DHT by as much as finasteride. also, because the concentration of the type II isoform of the 5AR isnt as high in the scalp, its not gonna have as much of an effect as finasteride.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #192 on: February 29, 2012, 10:04:41 AM »
Can't believe we're in the year 2012 and there's still no definitive cure/prevention for hair loss.

I've seen some people using some stuff called dermovan cream to make their own topical spiro. I wouldn't mind giving it a try but I can't find that stuff but I did see someone using rosewater and glycerin; I might give that a try. What did you use?
Hair transplant works if you got 4k. You notice actors all the time slowly and slowly their hair comes back. It's gradual not all the sudden they have a full head of hair. Jeremy Piven, Joel Mchale from "The Soup", the guy who play's Boyd Crauwder on "Justified." All these guy's were going bald bad.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #193 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:47 AM »
Can't believe we're in the year 2012 and there's still no definitive cure/prevention for hair loss.

I've seen some people using some stuff called dermovan cream to make their own topical spiro. I wouldn't mind giving it a try but I can't find that stuff but I did see someone using rosewater and glycerin; I might give that a try. What did you use?

there are a lot of topical androgen blockers, experimental ones. the issue is, getting the drug from outside the scalp, into the hair follicules, which is extremely difficult.

systemic androgen blockers, obviously carry a lot of sides and are counter-productive to bodybuilding. that is mainly how topical androgen blockers work at the moment, absorbed and circulate systemically and block androgens from binding to hair follicles to a certain extent.

once scientists figure out a way to get androgen blockers to penetrate the scalp effectively, and without getting absorbed systemically, it will be a cure for 90% of male pattern baldness.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #194 on: February 29, 2012, 02:18:24 PM »
there are a lot of topical androgen blockers, experimental ones. the issue is, getting the drug from outside the scalp, into the hair follicules, which is extremely difficult.

systemic androgen blockers, obviously carry a lot of sides and are counter-productive to bodybuilding. that is mainly how topical androgen blockers work at the moment, absorbed and circulate systemically and block androgens from binding to hair follicles to a certain extent.

once scientists figure out a way to get androgen blockers to penetrate the scalp effectively, and without getting absorbed systemically, it will be a cure for 90% of male pattern baldness.

Despite the recent hysteria from a small group of people; the incidents of side effects from the use of Propecia are statistically quite low.  I've been on it for over a year and have never had a problem. 
A

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »
anyone ever try biotin shampoo? figured i would try it ???

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #196 on: March 01, 2012, 12:27:39 PM »

Despite the recent hysteria from a small group of people; the incidents of side effects from the use of Propecia are statistically quite low.  I've been on it for over a year and have never had a problem. 

This.

Propecia is effective, and I have not experienced sides. Besides, if you're taking it then you're probably cycling test, so there goes any concerns for libido issues.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2012, 12:33:07 PM »
This.

Propecia is effective, and I have not experienced sides. Besides, if you're taking it then you're probably cycling test, so there goes any concerns for libido issues.

I noticed that my natural test levels rebounded faster after running test while also using Fin.   Did you experience this as well?  It may all be in my  head.
A

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #198 on: March 01, 2012, 04:18:43 PM »
Hair transplant works if you got 4k. You notice actors all the time slowly and slowly their hair comes back. It's gradual not all the sudden they have a full head of hair. Jeremy Piven, Joel Mchale from "The Soup", the guy who play's Boyd Crauwder on "Justified." All these guy's were going bald bad.

I heard that the new hair would be more resistant to the effects of dht, I'm not sure if this is true. Either way I'll probably end up getting one if it ever gets that bad.

Hope they find a way soon so I don't have to resort to getting that hair transplant  ;D

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2012, 06:21:41 PM »
big problem with hair transplants is that they don't always hold. the hairs transplanted die, for whatever reason. it also leaves a pretty decent sized scar where they took the hairs from.

the best way to do it, i've heard, is to take the hair from under the chin since those hairs are immune to the effects of androgens and the scar won't be visible unless you lift your chin up.