Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Pet Board

HOW TO SAVE KITTENS WITHOUT MOTHER

<< < (2/7) > >>

booty:

--- Quote from: The Italian Lifter on August 27, 2012, 09:17:41 AM ---.

--- End quote ---

Look how big her claws are compared to her.   ;D

Andy Griffin:

--- Quote from: booty on August 27, 2012, 02:10:14 PM ---My cat sooty died unexpectantly (we think she ate some poison put out by a neighbour) and she left behind four 17 day old kittens.  I had to feed them by the bottle every couple of hours.  My hands were a mess from them clawing me for food....haha  I just bought some kitten formula and made it up by the bottle when needed.  I cleaned their bums with a warm wet towel.

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry to hear about Sooty.  I lost my beloved "son"  Gizmo Herbert Griffin, back in May. 

The only thing from the OP's list I would disagree with is "never mind about water"  I've always been told that milk is food, and should never be used as a substitute for water.  Granted, he may be talking about just those first few days, but all in all cats need plenty of clean, fresh water to drink.

The Italian Lifter:

--- Quote from: booty on August 27, 2012, 02:10:14 PM ---My cat sooty died unexpectantly (we think she ate some poison put out by a neighbour) and she left behind four 17 day old kittens.  I had to feed them by the bottle every couple of hours.  My hands were a mess from them clawing me for food....haha  I just bought some kitten formula and made it up by the bottle when needed.  I cleaned their bums with a warm wet towel.

--- End quote ---

How many of them Sooty left?
All of them survived?

Our Vet was very skeptic about the possibilities of our 3 kittens: he was thinking 2 survivors excellent but 1 more realistic.

booty:

--- Quote from: Andy Griffin on August 28, 2012, 06:02:23 AM ---I'm sorry to hear about Sooty.  I lost my beloved "son"  Gizmo Herbert Griffin, back in May. 

The only thing from the OP's list I would disagree with is "never mind about water"  I've always been told that milk is food, and should never be used as a substitute for water.  Granted, he may be talking about just those first few days, but all in all cats need plenty of clean, fresh water to drink.

--- End quote ---
Thank you Andy and sorry for your loss of Gizmo.   :(  I think the OP is referring to very young kittens.  The kitten milk formula is mixed with water.  Also kittens breastfed from their mothers do not need any water until they start drinking from a bowl themselves. 

booty:

--- Quote from: The Italian Lifter on August 28, 2012, 08:14:32 AM ---How many of them Sooty left?
All of them survived?

Our Vet was very skeptic about the possibilities of our 3 kittens: he was thinking 2 survivors excellent but 1 more realistic.

--- End quote ---
Sooty left 4 kittens behind.  All of them survived. I fed them around the clock every 2-3 hours pretty much like when I breastfed my two children..haha
They were so adorable, when they heard my voice or saw me they would start meowing crawling towards me.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version