Author Topic: The Y board lifting thread  (Read 2057472 times)

newmom

Re: The Y board lifting thread.
« Reply #4375 on: December 15, 2011, 03:54:23 PM »
lots of men bitching about their limp wrists

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4376 on: December 15, 2011, 03:54:40 PM »
bring your grip out wider, a foot past your shoulders on each side at least, it still smokes your triceps and will take away any wrist strain.
yeah this too,,but we were talking for front delts reverse press ,,kinda strains wrist as u get heavier in weight,,i haven't done reverse grip presses for tris in yrs ,,good exercise as well...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4377 on: December 15, 2011, 03:55:18 PM »
lots of men bitching about their limp wrists
my limp wrists feel great,,,

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4378 on: December 15, 2011, 04:53:23 PM »
Cleans

DB Rows

Pulldowns

Preacher Curls

DB Curls
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4379 on: December 15, 2011, 04:54:59 PM »
Yesterday was Chaos's superset routine for arms. Actually was able to do it the way he wrote it out and it was brutal.
Cardio
Abs

Today:

Squats
BB Lunges
SLDL
Lying leg curls
Calves

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4380 on: December 15, 2011, 05:13:36 PM »
Yesterday was Chaos's superset routine for arms. Actually was able to do it the way he wrote it out and it was brutal.
Cardio
Abs

Today:

Squats
BB Lunges
SLDL
Lying leg curls
Calves
looks like my workout,,,except either warmup leg extensions or finish 2 drop set at end of workout.lunges are a must,,walking,or 1 steps,or smith reverse very good as well...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4381 on: December 15, 2011, 05:21:10 PM »
looks like my workout,,,except either warmup leg extensions or finish 2 drop set at end of workout.lunges are a must,,walking,or 1 steps,or smith reverse very good as well...

I forgot that I actually did one-legged extensions after SLDLs. Nothing serious, just a few burn sets. I blew my right knee out three times (twice in high school football and once freshman year of college in sand lot) and I still haven't gotten it scoped so I do those as more of a knee strengthening exercise than anything.

I've only been doing lunges for a few months but I think they're making a difference. Those and the SLDLs.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #4382 on: December 15, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »
SLDL when done properly are the best hammie move ever. Seems most people overload the bar and roll the back or underload it and only do the top half of the move.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4383 on: December 15, 2011, 05:39:33 PM »
SLDL when done properly are the best hammie move ever. Seems most people overload the bar and roll the back or underload it and only do the top half of the move.

I did them for a long time then stopped when I tweaked the shit out of my lower back a while ago going way too heavy on them. Since I've gone back into them I've been doing the reps controlled and holding it at the bottom for a second or two and making sure I drive through my hammies when I bring it up.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4384 on: December 15, 2011, 06:05:03 PM »
yeah its tricky and once u get the feel its dead on ,,,,for me i find it tough to get the right feel every wk ,,i have very strong back/legs and i have gotten to 275 for 8 clean reps on maxx set ,,but to be honest 135/185 felt just as good pump and stretch wise,,so my ego needs to let of the pedal and probably stay at 225 for 12 which i get ,,,basically the form is this visualize a bird getting a worm bend down and pull back with back slight arch ,knees are either semi or locked i have tried both.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4385 on: December 15, 2011, 06:39:01 PM »

Try anterior load split squats - hold the bar like you would for a front squat, step oen leg back like a reverse lunge, stabilze, then drop straight down and go back up. up.  Torches the inner quad muscle, and you can build up the weight fast.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4386 on: December 15, 2011, 06:56:46 PM »
Try anterior load split squats - hold the bar like you would for a front squat, step oen leg back like a reverse lunge, stabilze, then drop straight down and go back up. up.  Torches the inner quad muscle, and you can build up the weight fast.
sounds good,,i am so up for leg torture,,,i have pushed and developed some pretty good legs top to bottom.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #4387 on: December 16, 2011, 08:58:19 AM »

dont take this the wrong way but you are acting like some sort of training guru on here

from what ive seen you are big but out of shape

are you a personal trainer?
T

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #4388 on: December 16, 2011, 09:17:46 AM »
Not a personal trainer...I'll stop handing out advice. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #4389 on: December 16, 2011, 09:20:43 AM »
Oh yeah "big"mc....you'll notice I'm not handing out diet advice. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #4390 on: December 16, 2011, 09:22:13 AM »
Oh yeah "big"mc....you'll notice I'm not handing out diet advice. ;)

double post rookie style meltdown

just fucking with you

you got a good back routine its always lagged  :)
T

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #4391 on: December 16, 2011, 09:39:04 AM »
Dick ;D

As far as back goes just heavy basics. What specifically is lagging? Upper, lower, width, thickness?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #4392 on: December 16, 2011, 09:55:21 AM »
width

it thickens up with heavy rows

im quite strong on pull downs tried wide and narrow but not much success

T

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #4393 on: December 16, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »
Narrow grip pulldowns with palms facing each other

Pullups

Pulldowns with a reverse grip shoulder width and pull down to mid chest

Even if you have to lighten the weight or do assisted pullups try to go to mid chest. I used to stop at clavicles like everyone else does then one of the PTs I work out with had me do lighter but to mid chest on pulldowns and it leaves a lasting feeling.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4394 on: December 16, 2011, 10:07:24 AM »
width

it thickens up with heavy rows

im quite strong on pull downs tried wide and narrow but not much success

Every try stretching them out?   Grab one of the bars on a squat cage like you're holding a baseball bat straight up in front of you.  Then bend your knees and try to turn  away in direction of your top hand while holding on.  You should feel your lats pulling out.  I read this was an old trick BBs used to do to be able to create a little more width.
Y

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #4395 on: December 16, 2011, 10:13:03 AM »
Raped Ape, sometimes I do that between sets to stretch them it takes a little moving around to find your sweet spot when you feel the area you want to stretch.

Another thing bigmc, rack pulls from just below the knee but when you reach the top squeeze the shoulder blades together.

And probably some seated cable rows with a narrow grip up to the chest, not the stomach.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4396 on: December 16, 2011, 10:43:34 AM »
Raped Ape, sometimes I do that between sets to stretch them it takes a little moving around to find your sweet spot when you feel the area you want to stretch.

Sweet spot is a good way to describe it, that's what I was trying to convey.  I don't bother with it anymore, because I don't care enough, and  my gym time is often limited.

Couple deadlift questions.   As posted, I'm doing a 10 week program.   For trap bar deadlifts, my grip gives out after 4-5 on anything over 275.  Obviously, I can't mitigate it with an over under grip with this bar.   I know you hate straps, so what do you think - don't increase the weight until my grip catches up, or use no wraps to that point, but add them when the weight jumps up.   My goal is to get to around 400+ for about 5 reps by the end of it.

Also, for regular DLs do you have your hands inside your legs. or a narrower stance outside?  Right now I'm doing sumo so it doesn't matter, but when I switch back, I want to know if there's a right/wrong way.

Y

newmom

« Reply #4397 on: December 16, 2011, 10:50:05 AM »
fucking crybabies, the lot of you

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #4398 on: December 16, 2011, 10:53:51 AM »
Never used a trap bar before but I'd say go as heavy as you can before using straps. As for regular deads my pinkies are right inside the smooth ring and my feet just inside that, usually shins 1-2" on the knurls. Something that helps with grip strength I always use a double overhand grip up to as much as I can before alternating, helps build grip strength and the less you use them the better imo.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

newmom

« Reply #4399 on: December 16, 2011, 10:55:06 AM »
Never used a strap on before but I'd say go as heavy as you can before using a strap. As for regular fucks my pinkies are right inside the smooth ring and my feet just inside that, usually shins 1-2" on the knurls. Something that helps with grip strength I always use a double overhand grip up to as much as I can before alternating, helps build grip strength and the less you use them the better imo.

wow, who knew