Author Topic: Harvey Weinstein - The Fappening and the downfall  (Read 34827 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Harvey Weinstein - The Fappening and the downfall
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2020, 07:59:18 AM »
I get what you're saying. But, should folks be denied the right to testify because they are actors?

They shouldn't be denied their right to testify.  All I'm saying is that in my eyes their testimony isn't worth much because they are professional deceivers.

Stanly

• Getbig II
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2020, 08:04:43 AM »
They shouldn't be denied their right to testify.  All I'm saying is that in my eyes their testimony isn't worth much because they are professional deceivers.
  ;D this is very true!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2020, 08:14:41 AM »
Does anyone have reservations about hearing testimony from women that are professional actresses?  Actresses whose job is literally to cry on demand and make their audience believe things that aren't true.

Am I the only one wondering about this?

Court testimony generally isn't about convincing demeanor, it's about convincing details. Opposing lawyer searches for holes in story and amplifies any inconsistencies. If you were going to be suspicious of someone because of their profession, it would make more sense to focus on writers instead of actors.

Also, in a lot of trials, witnesses are instructed not to do anything performative, like cry or yell or break down, just tell story straight. This is a report about aaron hernandez trial and one of the guy he killed's mother was told not to cry on the stand before giving her testimony.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2020, 12:41:30 AM »

Honestly, you do have a point. If they are really good at their craft, they could be very convincing, even when they are lying through their teeth.

I have a theory that sometimes people are very ashamed of things they did in their past. Rather than except that they like everyone else aren't perfect, they invent some story that makes them look innocent and often switches the blame unto someone else. Others pretend nothing ever happened. I think when we own our shit, we're ahead of the game.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2020, 12:48:37 AM »

I have a theory that sometimes people are very ashamed of things they did in their past. Rather than except that they like everyone else aren't perfect, they invent some story that makes them look innocent and often switches the blame unto someone else. Others pretend nothing ever happened. I think when we own our shit, we're ahead of the game.

You're right.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2020, 03:48:24 AM »
So now if a guy has a sexual relationship with a woman and years later she says ONE of the romps was against her will, the guy is sentenced to 20-plus years in prison! Amazing!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2020, 04:06:10 AM »
So now if a guy has a sexual relationship with a woman and years later she says ONE of the romps was against her will, the guy is sentenced to 20-plus years in prison! Amazing!
It is ridiculous but realize with Weinstein they had a dozen women at the trial who testified and over 90 women have claimed this stuff, not 1 or 2 women.  Hollywood knew this guy was doing this stuff for 30 years.  The other people who knew this was happening on his staff, agents, other producers, etc, should be brought to trial as well.  How many actresses who didn't go to his room never had a career because of it?

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2020, 04:58:56 AM »
It is ridiculous but realize with Weinstein they had a dozen women at the trial who testified and over 90 women have claimed this stuff, not 1 or 2 women.  Hollywood knew this guy was doing this stuff for 30 years.  The other people who knew this was happening on his staff, agents, other producers, etc, should be brought to trial as well.  How many actresses who didn't go to his room never had a career because of it?

That’s a valid question. Another valid question is, how many men in the West didn’t get or don’t have a job because an attractive woman with less merit showed up?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2020, 09:28:47 AM »
That’s a valid question. Another valid question is, how many men in the West didn’t get or don’t have a job because an attractive woman with less merit showed up?
That's comparing apples to oranges.  I'm assuming in Hollywood no man applied for the job of an actress but in today's society who knows.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2021, 05:39:12 AM »
Harvey Weinstein Secretly Indicted On Rape Charges By Grand Jury In Los Angeles
Fox News ^ | 04.12.2021 | Marta Dhanis
Posted on 4/12/2021, 5:30:38 AM by USA Conservative

Harvey Weinstein was secretly indicted on rape charges by a grand jury in Los Angeles a couple weeks ago, Fox News has learned. The move by LA District Attorney George Gascón should facilitate the extradition of the Hollywood producer from New York so that he can be tried.

The indictment is virtually identical to the criminal complaint, which had been filed in January 2020 by former DA Jackie Lacey. The disgraced movie mogul, who is already serving a 23-year sentence in New York for rape and sexual assault, faces 11 counts in California,including rape and sexual battery involving five incidents that allegedly took place between 2004 and 2013. If convicted, he faces up to 140 years behind bars.

The indictment, which is still under seal, and arrest warrant for Weinstein are expected to be publicly revealed Monday afternoon at his extradition hearing in Erie County, New York. The producer is serving his time at the maximum-security Wende Correctional Facility near Buffalo. The LA case has been delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but the DA’s office does not want to wait any longer.

According to legal experts, by getting an indictment, LA prosecutors can streamline the proceedings and are able to go straight to trial, rather than doing it under a criminal complaint that would then require a preliminary hearing. "This process will eliminate the need for a preliminary hearing which is kind of a minitrial like we saw in the OJ case: there was the trial before the trial," criminal defense attorney Troy Slaten explained, adding that in the LA County, the use of grand jury is limited to very few cases. With this move and under the law that allows the borrowed custody, the California state can get custody of the New York’s inmate and

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2021, 10:25:21 AM »
It's safe to say old Harvey is never getting out of prison.  I'm surprised he hasn't killed himself yet.  Going from mansions and the best food money can buy to a small cell and prison slop is quite a fall.  He also went from having sex with beautiful women (whether they liked it or not) to sex with a tranny behind bars or possibly sex in his behind. :-X