Author Topic: Planet Fitness.....NO SUPERSETS ALLOWED  (Read 3072 times)

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
Planet Fitness.....NO SUPERSETS ALLOWED
« on: April 11, 2021, 06:15:35 AM »
Just saw this photo posted on the web. And a tirade about it. Are they fucking insane?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Planet Fitness.....NO SUPERSETS ALLOWED
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 06:21:04 AM »
Actually in my travels (pre Covid), I have seen quite a few commercial gyms with that rule in place.  Due to crowds (in the past), they don't like one person taking up more than one piece of equipment at a time. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 06:21:11 AM »
Wacky wokeness.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 06:28:21 AM »
The underlying message is don't train too hard, it's too male-centric.

You toxic brutes.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 06:43:23 AM »
What a joke.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 06:48:47 AM »

You toxic brutes.

Agreed.  Although I have to say I've rarely seen anyone actually training there.   Every day in many "gyms" it seems to be "headphone" and/or "selfie" day.

They should ban those two faptivities. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 07:25:37 AM »
Fucking unreal.....I suppose they let people do crossfit "chins" though even though someone could lose an eye !!   LOL  ;D

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 07:46:29 AM »
Fucking unreal.....I suppose they let people do crossfit "chins" though even though someone could lose an eye !!   LOL  ;D

3 of those exercises are fundamental movements in crossfit, so maybe they actually want cross fitters out.

If there isn't a purpose built station/equipment the T-bar rows tends to cause damage to the flooring.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 08:02:01 AM »

You toxic brutes.

I loath Planet fitness.  My Golds gym was closed a few months after the "pandemic" started and the only gym near me is a planet fitness.  I do curls under the Lunk alert alarm.  This is the worst gym I have ever been to and I can't wait till my gym is no longer Planet fitness.  There are BS messages posted all over this gym.

The business model of Planet fitness is to create a low risk franchise opportunity.  Everything is designed so to eliminate the risk of someone hurting themselves and a possible law suit.  The gyms are designed to be able to be easily installed in any dying strip mall.  The roofs are low and painted black so you don't notice how unsuited the space is for a gym.

These are gyms designed by people who have no idea how to work out.  Everything about them is low rent and cookie cutter. 

I'm going from one of the best Golds gyms I have ever been to the pit that is Planet Fitness.  My build has gone down as well because I can't get as good a workout.

The have substituted Smith machines for barbells, which means there's always a log jam at the smith machines because there are only four.  Just think about how many barbells a gym usually has and you realize there math isn't right.  I once got in an argument after waiting for a smith machine.  I have never got in any arguments in a gym in my life before that.

One of the employees at my Planet fitness roams around policing people and twice complained about a small plastic bag I have to carry a soda and bottle of water.  It really pissed me off and gain I have never in my life have I had a problem with a gym employee.

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2021, 08:03:07 AM »
 Well, should be no surprise. Planet fitness has not been bashful about what they are all about

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 08:29:27 AM »
It's a smart business plan to cater to people who will pay money for a service they won't utilize.
Does chasing their free pizza with their free brownies count as a super set?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 09:02:20 AM »
3 of those exercises are fundamental movements in crossfit, so maybe they actually want cross fitters out.

If there isn't a purpose built station/equipment the T-bar rows tends to cause damage to the flooring.
Good point and they should want them gone ASAP...........buncha` sloppy form heavy weight tossing/heaving injury prone idiots.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2021, 09:08:15 AM »
Have a well equipped home gym and eliminate all of these problems.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2021, 09:16:16 AM »
Another one.  Planet Fitness can barely keep up with all the training methods people are sneaking into their gyms.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2021, 09:27:49 AM »
I'm surprised they haven't banned sweating.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2021, 10:02:36 AM »
Probably a photoshop but believable

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2021, 12:50:08 PM »
Planet Shitness is a doozy, sure enough.  I trained at one for awhile because they were the only game in town and I couldn't afford the space and equipment to build a good home gym.

I left after I brought a dip belt from home to do weighted dips and chins there.  For a time, nobody gave me any shit; then, one day, just after finishing my dips, some nimrod employee came over and asked me, "Sir, is that a dip belt?"

I had just topped out at a working set of my fat 235 pound ass plus a mighty 180 in plates for a DC style rest-pause sequence of 15, 7 and 4*****, so I had no clever response -- too tired, you see.  So, I simply said, "Yeah," and he told me the belts weren't allowed because "they are too much like powerliftin'."

*****I tease.  I never did more than three plates for eight, I think.  But the kid really did say that.  And I did have the wherewithal to ask him if I could still bench press.  "Duh, yeah," he said, clearly confused.  I told him to look up "powerlifting" on his computer, walked off, finished my workout and joined a Gold's in nearby Charlotte a week later.  The commute limited me to only two gym visits/week, but I always thrived on lower volume HIT stuff so it was cool.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2021, 01:09:30 PM »
I have heard that Planet Fitness does not have actual free weight equipment like flat, incline, decline benches.  They have plates for the smith machine and leg press.  Nothing else.  They have dumbbells but no plate loaded machines like hammer strength.  It is all machines with their own weight stacks.  I do know a couple of their employees train here at LA Fitness.  So it must only have an appeal to the soccer mom set. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2021, 01:20:12 PM »
I'm surprised they haven't banned sweating.

Give them some time and they will probably add it
I did Chest and Back yesterday and my entire workout was antagonistic supersets

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2021, 01:40:23 PM »
Can see both sides as some people take the piss I remember this stinking little paki would superset the entire (small) gym and would get the hump when I would take whatever bit of equipment I wanted next that just happened to be part of his 36 exercise giant set, once passed me by closely and intensely and immediately threw a very intimidating high kick at the punch bag fucking paki bastard

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2021, 02:56:36 PM »
Their whole business plan makes no sense. You'd think people would want progress.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2021, 02:58:12 PM »
What dedicated trainer would work out at Planet Fitness? 

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2021, 03:27:20 PM »
It's a smart business plan to cater to people who will pay money for a service they won't utilize.
Does chasing their free pizza with their free brownies count as a super set?

Actually, due to the ongoing "pandemic," they don't even have the free pizza at present.
~

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2021, 05:08:38 PM »
Curls for girls (only)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2021, 05:14:11 PM »
Give them some time and they will probably add it
I did Chest and Back yesterday and my entire workout was antagonistic supersets