Author Topic: Big DJ pressing 485lbs!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6583 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: Big DJ pressing 485lbs!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 11:20:40 AM »
Another joke lift.  Why do these pros pretend to lift more than they really can.  It's amazing.  They really market themselves to people who don't know anything about lifting.  I am more impressed with the guy doing the heavy one arm rows.  He is doing the hardest work there.  Lets see him do that with NO spotter just 2 times maybe even just once.
exactly
if you can do it why does the spotter need to touch the bar until u need ... it which should be after failure so essentially he failed from the first rep which indicates he cant push it by himself
choice is an illusion

asani

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 11:58:48 AM »
i was there, so donīt talk shit! the guy behind is noel, he didnīt help dennis at all.
but ok, itīs getbig... he did the whole lift by his own, dennis did nothing  :'( ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »
give dennis a message, tell him i wont be satisfied until he does it with nobody around and at a high altitude.

The Heckler

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 12:12:54 PM »
give dennis a message, tell him i wont be satisfied until he does it with nobody around and at a high altitude.

hey "usmokepole" I mean "bigmc", what's up in good ol' Eire today?  ;)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 12:26:35 PM »
i was there, so donīt talk shit! the guy behind is noel, he didnīt help dennis at all.
but ok, itīs getbig... he did the whole lift by his own, dennis did nothing  :'( ;D

Is this you?

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 01:11:06 PM »
Another joke lift.  Why do these pros pretend to lift more than they really can.  It's amazing.  They really market themselves to people who don't know anything about lifting.  I am more impressed with the guy doing the heavy one arm rows.  He is doing the hardest work there.  Lets see him do that with NO spotter just 2 times maybe even just once.

The spotters name is "Noel Senftleber". 2-3 years back he was a Top-Amateur in Germany, but to many injuries
ended his BB-Career.
I also know the gym where they train (between Mannheim and Heidelberg, in Germany). Training that heavy without a spotter is riskfull. So, if you feel a pain while training the partner can immediatly replace the bar, that can prevent serious injuries like ruptures, etc... But i also think that a spotters job is not to do a 2nd exercise, and should help only
a minimum.

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 01:52:07 PM »
exactly
if you can do it why does the spotter need to touch the bar until u need ... it which should be after failure so essentially he failed from the first rep which indicates he cant push it by himself

Thank you.  Could not have put it any better.

JOEBEAST

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2007, 02:24:21 PM »
TOTAL EGO BULLSHIT,HIS SPOTTER WAS HELPING ON REP 1,IN MY BOOK IF SOMEONE TOUCHES THE BAR YOU DID NOT DO THE REP.HE SHOULD USE 100LBS. LESS AND JUST TAKE A LIFT OFF AND HIS SPOTTER JUST WATCH ,NOT WORKOUT  HIS ARMS.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 05:02:32 PM »
look at the way he holds the bar, doesn't he worry about it landing on his chest?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 05:05:10 PM »

yes, i'm sure dennis is going to want to risk a serious injury just to impress you.  ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 05:29:45 PM »
yes, i'm sure dennis is going to want to risk a serious injury just to impress you.  ::)

Serious injury?  According to you some others he did that what 5 or 6 times.  That would make it fairly easy for him.  So doing 2 reps with NO spotter should be a cakewalk.  He can't do it, it's that simple.  A pure "ego set" like someone else said.  It sells tape to people who believe it.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2007, 06:27:37 PM »

do you know anything about assisted lifts...Its about keeping the weight moving...DJ would have got stuck just doing one rep...He probably could have got it up but thats about it..

The fact that this thing is video taped(with hands on the bar) shows you that he can't touch that weight...Lets see DJ do 405 for 10 good reps with a spotter nowhere in sight.. That would be impressive...

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007, 06:37:57 PM »

let me guess,

you know 40 hawaiians that could easily do that with no spotter for 20 reps.

::)
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2007, 06:40:32 PM »
TOTAL EGO BULLSHIT,HIS SPOTTER WAS HELPING ON REP 1,IN MY BOOK IF SOMEONE TOUCHES THE BAR YOU DID NOT DO THE REP.HE SHOULD USE 100LBS. LESS AND JUST TAKE A LIFT OFF AND HIS SPOTTER JUST WATCH ,NOT WORKOUT  HIS ARMS.

Very true if it was just for safety the spotter could have just kept his hands close to the bar.  WTF was the spotter gonna do anyhow if some thing went "terribly wrong" anyhow with one hand on the bar? Pull it off with one arm?  And to the goons who said he is helping just 10lbs or so you are very naive and gullible.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2007, 06:54:56 PM »
lower the weight and do 425- 455 correctly instead

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2007, 06:21:06 AM »
I know someone that visited Thailand and trained with Dennis a few years ago. Spotted him doing incline bench... 6 plates for 2 reps. Dennis has a crazy upper chest so I dont think its out of reach.

Also Dennis does this exercise first most of the time.. Ronnie did Flat bench before incline in his video.

Nothing wrong with having your hands on the bar, on a really heavy set IMO, I'd rather that than an injury, eg: See Dorians Incline Bench in Blood and Guts

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2007, 07:02:47 AM »
Very true if it was just for safety the spotter could have just kept his hands close to the bar.  WTF was the spotter gonna do anyhow if some thing went "terribly wrong" anyhow with one hand on the bar? Pull it off with one arm?  And to the goons who said he is helping just 10lbs or so you are very naive and gullible.

superstar never said that he was only helping 10 pounds just that 20 pounds was the absolute max ANY spotter could possibly help.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2007, 07:36:17 AM »
I hope DJ saw this thread!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2007, 09:43:56 AM »
I know someone that visited Thailand and trained with Dennis a few years ago. Spotted him doing incline bench... 6 plates for 2 reps. Dennis has a crazy upper chest so I dont think its out of reach.

Also Dennis does this exercise first most of the time.. Ronnie did Flat bench before incline in his video.

Nothing wrong with having your hands on the bar, on a really heavy set IMO, I'd rather that than an injury, eg: See Dorians Incline Bench in Blood and Guts
i highy, highly, highly doubt that Dennis inclined 585 for 2 reps, he's strong but not THAT strong.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2007, 10:38:17 AM »

let me guess,

400 of course. They come out of the womb benching 225 for reps.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2007, 12:44:31 PM »

let me guess,

Not 40 but at least 10. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2007, 12:50:37 PM »
Tothe guys who say the guy is there to help prevent injuries.  WHat injuries.  DO you mean if he slipped and the bar came crashing down.  Well I gotta tell ya, one guy with one hand on a bar with 485 pounds ain't gonna do shit if that happens. Is there there is case James can't do a rep.  Well if can't do a rep he shoudl at least be able to hold the weight long enough for the spotter to come in and help.  And the funny thing about this so called spotter is the way he is helping so much he has to go up and down.  That right there tells you he is helping allot.  If he wasn't then he wold just be holding and going down with the bar.  But this guy is going so far up and down with his legs its funny.  Like I said shwo a video of him doing that weight for just 2 reps with no one in sight.  Should be easy as hell if you say he did it this time.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2007, 12:55:34 PM »
He is weaker than his look.

I can bet you can do so many more..  ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2007, 01:07:32 PM »
He's a bodybuilder...who gives a f**k about how much he can lift?

Last time I checked...there wasn't a "bench round" at the Olympia.

BTW...not for nothing, but isnt he using 405? The video is a little dark..but if those are 45 lb. plates..I count 4 on ea. side.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2007, 01:15:34 PM »
He's a bodybuilder...who gives a f**k about how much he can lift?

Last time I checked...there wasn't a "bench round" at the Olympia.

BTW...not for nothing, but isnt he using 405? The video is a little dark..but if those are 45 lb. plates..I count 4 on ea. side.

Congrats Bob on the baby.  And if that was only 405 and that guy was helping like that then that is even worse.  And I agree with Bob.  I don't see why so many people rag on BB's and the weight they use.  Who cares how strong they are.  They are getting paid or competiting to show off there bodies not how strong they are.  Justlike powerlifters are competiting to see who is the strongest who cares what they look like.  Same with MMA fighters who cares what their bodies look like.  If a fat guy can beat the guy in great shape then he is a better fighter, who cares what he looks like.  God I hate agreeing with Chic.  But I love it too