Author Topic: Covid-19 - Booster Shots - Reactions - do they work?  (Read 27997 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: COVID booster shots - reactions
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2022, 01:09:36 PM »

You must agree with trans-science or you are racist.

They are making it all up and laughing behind the scenes.

The real hard truth was known 2 years ago.

Trans-science and racism....what's the connection?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: COVID booster shots
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2022, 01:13:22 PM »
For the most part, you are right. But as always there are exceptions:

msn.com/en-us/news/world/kickboxing-champ-dies-after-refusing-to-admit-he-has-covid-checking-himself-out-of-hospital/ar-AASbPoK?li=BBorjTa

This Belgian (French speaking part of the country) steroid using Einstein believed in fairy tales and did not believe in modern science.
Like most kickboxers, he was quite arrogant and stupid.

He probably got all his "knowledge" from facebook or other unverified crappy apps or websites.
Went home with an oxygen tank and choked to death several days later.

There are always exceptions.

That's a strange turn of events. Maybe he had an underlying condition?

Considering only a few rare cases of healthy men my age have died from it, i'll take my chances.

It didn't put me down hard at all, the only reason i stayed home from work for 3 days was because i had a fever.

In an office of 50+ people, only 4 people got Covid and oddly enough we all sat within 20 feet of each other. No mask, no vaccines, no social distancing.

I'm willing to take my chances.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2022, 01:16:56 PM »
Trans-science and racism....what's the connection?

Leftists changing the meaning of things to cement them in places of power.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2022, 01:19:36 PM »
My daughter got a COVID booster last Friday. Late in the evening she began to feel nauseous and started vomiting. Then the body and headache commenced. This went on for several days. She was feeling very weak and was barely able to stand. She ended up going to the hospital where they immediately checked her in. She was given a COVID test which was negative.

She waited two hours for an available hospital bed. She was so dehydrated from throwing up for a couple of days, they immediately hooked her up to an IV, giving her 3 bags of fluids within a short time period to get her rehydrated. She was also given medications. I'm not sure what medications though. Fortunately she's back home and feeling better today.

She had almost no reaction to the first two COVID shots. If I remember correctly, she had Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

She's commented that she's not excited about getting any future boosters. Who would be?

mixing pfizer and moderna is a big NO for women and males under 30 years old.
The odds for negative sides go up a lot.
you need to research this if she doesn;t.
K

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2022, 01:28:36 PM »
There are always exceptions.

That's a strange turn of events. Maybe he had an underlying condition?

Considering only a few rare cases of healthy men my age have died from it, i'll take my chances.

It didn't put me down hard at all, the only reason i stayed home from work for 3 days was because i had a fever.

In an office of 50+ people, only 4 people got Covid and oddly enough we all sat within 20 feet of each other. No mask, no vaccines, no social distancing.

I'm willing to take my chances.

All 50 of the folks in your office sit within 20 ft of each other, are unvaccinated and don't wear masks or just the 4 of you who got COVID? Not sure what the big deal is since this well outside the CDC 6' safe distancing recommendation.

If it is shown that he had underlying conditions, it will comfort those who believe that is the only way one can get sick enough from/with COVID to die.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2022, 01:35:40 PM »
If it is shown that he had underlying conditions, it will comfort those who believe that is the only way one can get sick enough from/with COVID to die.

I don't think anyone here believes that.

But going from the quick, rough math, if Covid has about a 5% hospitalization rate, and 78% of hospitalizations are obese, that puts hospitalizations at ~1% for non obese.

After that, you have to factor in age, health, comorbidities, and other factors.

In other words, a healthy, younger persons statistical risk of hospitalization is very, very low. Statistically improbable.

There will always be exceptions, as everybody is a bit different, but those are the totals in aggregate.
Y

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2022, 01:37:17 PM »

But going from the quick, rough math, if Covid has about a 5% hospitalization rate, and 78% of hospitalizations are obese, that puts hospitalizations at ~1% for non obese.

After that, you have to factor in age, health, comorbidities, and other factors.

In other words, a healthy, younger persons statistical risk of hospitalization is very, very low. Statistically improbable.

There will always be exceptions, as everybody is a bit different, but those are the totals in aggregate.
The Covid idiots here have no clue.
T

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2022, 01:40:18 PM »

I never bother Dr. Goodrum with issues like this. He is often very busy researching with Worldstarhiphop and that takes precedence!

https://worldstar.com/video.php?v=wshhnvCE2Wl50xcfgFXZ

Dr. Goodrum is busy running his business empire of over 200 online businesses.
X

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2022, 01:56:34 PM »
All 50 of the folks in your office sit within 20 ft of each other, are unvaccinated and don't wear masks or just the 4 of you who got COVID? Not sure what the big deal is since this well outside the CDC 6' safe distancing recommendation.

This was February 2020, before anything changed. The 4 of us worked in the same department and spent most of the day talking to each other. I shared an office with one of them.

It was your typical office setting, people in cubes and offices, many people were 2 to an office space. Impossible to walk down the hallway without getting within 6-feet of over a dozen people, just due to the office layout. Standing around people near the printer. Getting coffee with 6 people within 5 feet of you.

Break room was across from my office. All 4 of us who got it had sat in the break room with up to 10-12 people every day for lunch. We would sit in peoples offices and go over marketing materials face to face, yet only 4 of us got sick. Maybe they got it to but didn't have symptoms?

Only 2 of us took time off and stayed home. The other two were in the office acting completely normal. Face to face meetings, going to lunch together, etc.

The first guy who got sick must had gotten it from his cousin who had just returned from Seattle who was living with him for a few months. This is before Covid really had taken off in America. He said he remembered his cousin being sick when he got back, but didn't think much of it. Just a cold or something.

Once we heard the Covid outbreak and talked about it, we all got tested for antibodies and all 4 of us had them.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2022, 02:30:41 PM »
The link between obesity and Covid is undeniable.

Obesity and mortality in critically ill COVID-19 patients with respiratory failure

Richard Dana, Aurélie Bannay, …Olivier Ziegler Show authors
International Journal of Obesity volume 45, pages 2028–2037 (2021)Cite this article

Objective
To analyze the relationship between obesity and in-hospital mortality of ICU patients with COVID-19.

Results
For a total of 222 patients, there were 34 patients (15.3%) with normal BMI, 92 patients (41.4%) who were overweight, 80 patients (36%) with moderate obesity (BMI:30–39.9 kg/m2), and 16 patients (7.2%) with severe obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2).
X

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2022, 03:38:56 PM »
LOL! Actually, she is a lot more intelligent than I am.

It is interesting what you wrote about boosters and reactions. How do you know this to be the case? Seems to me we are all shooting in the dark here. COVID has only been a issue for a little over two years. Everyday we find out something new about it. It will probably be several years before science has a clear understanding of it and if it continues to develop variants, who knows if this will ever happen.

Seems to me, the CDC changes direction everyday. Their latest information regarding quarantining and mask wearing is so convoluted even main stream media is commenting negatively about it. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/new-cdc-isolation-quarantine-guidelines-confuses-some-and-raises-questions

Not sure what's going on with my grandson and his fiancé, but the are both wearing masks today in the house. My guess is they were exposed to COVID at work or maybe they aren't feeling well and are just being cautious. Either way they stayed home from work today. It is so weird to have family wearing masks around the house.

I think things are getting 'idiotic' too. I am tired of turning the TV on and the news is about COVID 90% of the time and it is all negative. Last night, I watched and listened to this woman CNN who was a 'COVID expert' (LOL!) try to explain this latest information and couldn't understand what she was trying to say at all. Word soup!

Speaking of CNN, Dr. Wen makes me nuts. She makes no sense. All I hear is bla, bla, bla. https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2021/07/28/dr-leana-wen-mask-policy-coronavirus-pandemic-ip-vpx.cnn

"New info daily. Authorities lost credibility. Media shills endlessly. Someone I know had an adverse reaction."

You sound like an antivaxer.

Go talk about these things. See what kind of reception you get.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2022, 03:40:28 PM »

Matt Canning....is that you?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2022, 03:41:52 PM »

What did I say above that was incorrect?
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2022, 03:42:14 PM »

No.  Reality.  Liberal mentally ill nuts and hypochondriacs are bad at math.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2022, 03:43:54 PM »
This was February 2020, before anything changed. The 4 of us worked in the same department and spent most of the day talking to each other. I shared an office with one of them.

It was your typical office setting, people in cubes and offices, many people were 2 to an office space. Impossible to walk down the hallway without getting within 6-feet of over a dozen people, just due to the office layout. Standing around people near the printer. Getting coffee with 6 people within 5 feet of you.

Break room was across from my office. All 4 of us who got it had sat in the break room with up to 10-12 people every day for lunch. We would sit in peoples offices and go over marketing materials face to face, yet only 4 of us got sick. Maybe they got it to but didn't have symptoms?

Only 2 of us took time off and stayed home. The other two were in the office acting completely normal. Face to face meetings, going to lunch together, etc.

The first guy who got sick must had gotten it from his cousin who had just returned from Seattle who was living with him for a few months. This is before Covid really had taken off in America. He said he remembered his cousin being sick when he got back, but didn't think much of it. Just a cold or something.

Once we heard the Covid outbreak and talked about it, we all got tested for antibodies and all 4 of us had them.

Have the office rules where you work changed over the last 2 years? Since I am no longer in the workforce, I rely on what others have to say about their work environments. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2022, 03:47:54 PM »
What did I say above that was incorrect?

I have no idea if any of it was incorrect. You might be right on with those numbers. However, I doubt people who have lost loved ones to COVID is impressed by statistics like those. People who like to believe they are somehow invincible when it comes to COVID, love those stats though.

A link to where you got your figures might help.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2022, 03:49:26 PM »
I have no idea if any of it was incorrect. You might be right on with those numbers. However, I doubt people who have lost loved ones to COVID is impressed by statistics like those. People who like to believe they are somehow invincible when it comes to COVID, love those stats though.

People who have lost loved ones for any reason are not happy with a statistic that they feel trivialises their loss

Facts dont care about your feelings..

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2022, 03:51:26 PM »
Lol all just normal vaxxine reactions LMFAO. Gullible fool

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2022, 03:59:30 PM »
Could be just a one time thing. It will be interesting to see how well she tolerates her next mandatory booster, as well as the mandated Omicron shots.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2022, 04:01:43 PM »
Could be just a one time thing. It will be interesting to see how well she tolerates her next mandatory booster, as well as the mandated Omicron shots.

Do you believe in such coincidences ? LOL

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2022, 04:13:05 PM »

A link to where you got your figures might help.

That's not the point.  The point is, in aggregate, the statistics don't back up the actions, the mandates, the protocols, the masks, the schools, the shutdowns, etc.

CDC site has that data. Hospitalization rates were from a few months ago.  But I've heard it quoted by numerous folks - podcasts, etc whole said they got it from the CDC site.  One was even a liberal - Bill Maher, who was making a point how polled Democrats thought hospitalization rates were >50%.  Either way, it's absolutely directionally correct.

You should listen to the Malone interview.

Y

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2022, 04:14:58 PM »
Have the office rules where you work changed over the last 2 years? Since I am no longer in the workforce, I rely on what others have to say about their work environments.

They let us work from home from April to June 2020. Gave us a choice, not required to. A few people who have ill/old family members have worked from home up until now. The Owner is willing to let them do this since they are high performing employees and have not had a drop in production. One of my staff hasn't been in the office since April 2020 and she's been amazing at working from home. She cares for her mother, who has a lot of health problems and recently had heart surgery.

Since June 2020 everything is business as usual except for more virtual meetings, but this was due to our client's requirements for removing face to face interactions. The company i work for has not implemented any requirements other than if you get Covid you are required to stay home until you get a negative Covid test. Which is pretty fair.

Some people wore masks for a few weeks, but nothing was required. They still have masks and hand sanitizer at the front desk if people want to use it.

A few people have gotten Covid at my office, but nothing serious and it was never spread to anyone else in the office, that we know of.

During 2020 since i travel a lot for my job, every time i left the state i had to get a Covid test before returning to the office. But this was due to a mandate from the Governor and not my employer. The Gov did this because she believed most of our cases came from Texas, which turned out to be false.

I have flown over 40 times and been to 17 different states since Covid started. I have also been going to Mexico once a month with my GF to see her family. No issues so far.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2022, 04:32:58 PM »

Here the hospitalisation rate is currently 0.5%

Our govt has pulled back on testing. RAT kits are running out. More people performing home RAT at home which are not included in case data so arguably lots of additional positives are not entering the dataset.

US mortality rate is now 0.14% down from the 1.3% mark.

It’s plausible many people have Stockholm syndrome or something like that where they are addicted to covid life and refuse to believe this is the last leg.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2022, 04:53:51 PM »
Here the hospitalisation rate is currently 0.5%

Our govt has pulled back on testing. RAT kits are running out. More people performing home RAT at home which are not included in case data so arguably lots of additional positives are not entering the dataset.

US mortality rate is now 0.14% down from the 1.3% mark.

It’s plausible many people have Stockholm syndrome or something like that where they are addicted to covid life and refuse to believe this is the last leg.

Good points - where you at?
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2022, 05:08:37 PM »
They let us work from home from April to June 2020. Gave us a choice, not required to. A few people who have ill/old family members have worked from home up until now. The Owner is willing to let them do this since they are high performing employees and have not had a drop in production. One of my staff hasn't been in the office since April 2020 and she's been amazing at working from home. She cares for her mother, who has a lot of health problems and recently had heart surgery.

Since June 2020 everything is business as usual except for more virtual meetings, but this was due to our client's requirements for removing face to face interactions. The company i work for has not implemented any requirements other than if you get Covid you are required to stay home until you get a negative Covid test. Which is pretty fair.

Some people wore masks for a few weeks, but nothing was required. They still have masks and hand sanitizer at the front desk if people want to use it.

A few people have gotten Covid at my office, but nothing serious and it was never spread to anyone else in the office, that we know of.

During 2020 since i travel a lot for my job, every time i left the state i had to get a Covid test before returning to the office. But this was due to a mandate from the Governor and not my employer. The Gov did this because she believed most of our cases came from Texas, which turned out to be false.

I have flown over 40 times and been to 17 different states since Covid started. I have also been going to Mexico once a month with my GF to see her family. No issues so far.

Clearly your firm has made a lot of adjustments to accommodate their employees and clients needs. Seems like you work for a great company.

The information you provided about travel is very interesting. I wondered how companies that rely on a lot of employee travel were fairing.

Although I am retired, I volunteer for a few non-profits. Almost all of our meetings have been virtual or at least had that option for those who weren't comfortable meeting in person. One interesting side benefit of this for me is that I have difficulty hearing in noisy environments caused by old age hearing loss. When meeting virtually, I wear noise cancelling Bose headphones which are great. Also, people tend to talk individually in virtual meetings instead of talking simultaneously or  over one another.

My son works in an overseas government position. Since COVID, his travel is reduced to almost nada. Prior to COVID, he traveled for work worldwide, particularly to installations in Africa and frequently to the U.S. for lectures and trainings.