Author Topic: Covid-19 - Booster Shots - Reactions - do they work?  (Read 27994 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
Re: COVID booster shots - reactions
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2022, 05:15:20 PM »
I agree, but also feel the source is important.

In other words, uncured bacon vs cured, no hormones, antibiotics, etc.....pastured eggs vs "normal".

Some people may thing this is bunk, but I'm rolling with it.

It's bunk.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2022, 05:36:30 PM »
Do you believe in such coincidences ? LOL

Sir, there won't be any science for us to follow if there aren't any trial participants. Take 'em. Take more. Take them all.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: COVID booster shots
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2022, 05:38:15 PM »
Clearly your firm has made a lot of adjustments to accommodate their employees and clients needs. Seems like you work for a great company.

The information you provided about travel is very interesting. I wondered how companies that rely on a lot of employee travel were fairing.

Although I am retired, I volunteer for a few non-profits. Almost all of our meetings have been virtual or at least had that option for those who weren't comfortable meeting in person. One interesting side benefit of this for me is that I have difficulty hearing in noisy environments caused by old age hearing loss. When meeting virtually, I wear noise cancelling Bose headphones which are great. Also, people tend to talk individually in virtual meetings instead of talking simultaneously or  over one another.

My son works in an overseas government position. Since COVID, his travel is reduced to almost nada. Prior to COVID, he traveled for work worldwide, particularly to installations in Africa and frequently to the U.S. for lectures and trainings.

The Owner is a great guy and it's not a large company. He has allowed us to make decisions for ourselves and been relatively unbiased about Covid, and he's a Liberal.

The industry i work in is at the top of the essential list of operations (infrastructure construction). So we get to travel unopposed since my job cannot be done remotely. I work as a consultant that does forensic evaluations of large concrete and steel structures, also feasibility and costing for large bridge replacement projects all over the USA.

I'm sure if i was just a desk jockey i wouldn't be able to do what i do. I have written permission from my City and State Engineering Departments that allows me free access to travel unopposed to anywhere in the USA, even if for personal travel.

So i'm not your typical employee.

Still today 90% of the meetings i have are virtual, but that is due to other company's guidelines and not ours. My company has allowed us to move freely.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2022, 05:57:09 PM »
The Owner is a great guy and it's not a large company. He has allowed us to make decisions for ourselves and been relatively unbiased about Covid, and he's a Liberal.

The industry i work in is at the top of the essential list of operations (infrastructure construction). So we get to travel unopposed since my job cannot be done remotely. I work as a consultant that does forensic evaluations of large concrete and steel structures, also feasibility and costing for large bridge replacement projects all over the USA.

I'm sure if i was just a desk jockey i wouldn't be able to do what i do. I have written permission from my City and State Engineering Departments that allows me free access to travel unopposed to anywhere in the USA, even if for personal travel.

So i'm not your typical employee.

Still today 90% of the meetings i have are virtual, but that is due to other company's guidelines and not ours. My company has allowed us to move freely.

See, some of us are good ones.   ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2022, 06:04:27 PM »
It's bunk.

It would be helpful if you expanded.

I think nitrates in cured meats are crap, as are antibiotics and hormones.
Y

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2022, 06:07:26 PM »
Dr. Robert Malone... he isn't who he claims to be.

Quack.

the tards r tarding extra hard today.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2022, 06:14:41 PM »
It would be helpful if you expanded.

I think nitrates in cured meats are crap, as are antibiotics and hormones.

I've been meaning to try curing or aging using aspergillus oryzae. It's typically used on rice for sake or soy bean for tofu, etc, but it's very adaptable. I figure a generation or two on meat and I'd have a kickass protease producer.

Love me some gabagool.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2022, 08:26:28 PM »
the tards r tarding extra hard today.

They love Pfizer though, who has a veterinarian for a leader. Makes sense he knows about sheep. DUH

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2022, 09:14:37 PM »
Good points - where you at?

Australia - prison island

While I have UK and US data I like to refer back to Oz data because I’m closer to the bottlenecks and data skews making it easier to understand what I think is the real picture.

On the freeway today we have signs saying ‘if you are positive in RAT then no PCR test required’.

RAT are the home tests everybody is doing and policy was if you got a positive you then must get a PCR test for confirmation. Once a PCR test shows a positive it goes into the covid case database and is reported.

Now that has changed so a RAT positive means no reporting into the database (only PCR is reported) which means less positives and therefore caseload drops. This also means the ratios of cases to hospitalisations and deaths is slowed from dropping as quick as it is which suits the narrative.

That won’t really matter in the end as the positives are so high right now the metrics are being blown to shit - as in rapidly falling.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2022, 11:20:43 PM »
See, some of us are good ones.   ;D

Some my good man, some.  ;D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2022, 01:14:41 AM »
I suppose this thread is as good a place as any to drop the news that me and my Wife have tested positive for COVID.  Her on Monday and me last night.  She has been very ill with it - ambulance came out late Monday night in fact, but she chose not to be admitted(!)  She's getting better now but it's really knocked her about, and she's much fitter than me cardio-wise - she does the whole kick-boxing/boxercise/jogging jag - tires me out just watching her :P

Without wishing to tempt fate I've felt nothing, but as people know I'm an evil cucked gay sheep who had the full set of vaxxes (Pfizer inc booster) whereas she just had 2 jabs (Moderna)

I thought people in this thread would appreciate her position though - as unwell as she has been, she still would not take the booster, so she's the real GetBigger here and not me! ;D

Stay healthy guys :)

T

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2022, 01:25:08 AM »
Sorry man.  Heal up

I suppose this thread is as good a place as any to drop the news that me and my Wife have tested positive for COVID.  Her on Monday and me last night.  She has been very ill with it - ambulance came out late Monday night in fact, but she chose not to be admitted(!)  She's getting better now but it's really knocked her about, and she's much fitter than me cardio-wise - she does the whole kick-boxing/boxercise/jogging jag - tires me out just watching her :P

Without wishing to tempt fate I've felt nothing, but as people know I'm an evil cucked gay sheep who had the full set of vaxxes (Pfizer inc booster) whereas she just had 2 jabs (Moderna)

I thought people in this thread would appreciate her position though - as unwell as she has been, she still would not take the booster, so she's the real GetBigger here and not me! ;D

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2022, 01:30:42 AM »
My daughter got a COVID booster last Friday. Late in the evening she began to feel nauseous and started vomiting. Then the body and headache commenced. This went on for several days. She was feeling very weak and was barely able to stand. She ended up going to the hospital where they immediately checked her in. She was given a COVID test which was negative.

She waited two hours for an available hospital bed. She was so dehydrated from throwing up for a couple of days, they immediately hooked her up to an IV, giving her 3 bags of fluids within a short time period to get her rehydrated. She was also given medications. I'm not sure what medications though. Fortunately she's back home and feeling better today.

She had almost no reaction to the first two COVID shots. If I remember correctly, she had Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

She's commented that she's not excited about getting any future boosters. Who would be?
Dumbass why would you let your daughter get the shot?

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2022, 01:31:53 AM »
A lot of people get sick from the original shots and the "booster".

Had several friends get ill for many days.

I'm unvaccinated and "survived" Covid faster than people recover from these shots.

Go figure.
My nikka

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2022, 01:58:25 AM »

Wishing the Taffin family a speedy recovery.  8)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2022, 03:06:22 AM »

Sorry to hear it bro. Fwiw, vitamins D, C, zinc, and quercetin are well regarded among the foilies. Obviously ivermectin too, and monoclonals. I've heard good things about fluvoxamine. I think all these except monoclonals are best early stage tho.

Hope she's ok.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2022, 03:28:48 AM »
Yes! Mint chocolate chip. Great choice.

It’s my favorite flavor, Breyer's being my preferred brand.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2022, 03:38:46 AM »

Hope she feels better.  Tapeworm's regiment should be followed, at least what you can get.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2022, 03:39:37 AM »
Australia - prison island

While I have UK and US data I like to refer back to Oz data because I’m closer to the bottlenecks and data skews making it easier to understand what I think is the real picture.

On the freeway today we have signs saying ‘if you are positive in RAT then no PCR test required’.

RAT are the home tests everybody is doing and policy was if you got a positive you then must get a PCR test for confirmation. Once a PCR test shows a positive it goes into the covid case database and is reported.

Now that has changed so a RAT positive means no reporting into the database (only PCR is reported) which means less positives and therefore caseload drops. This also means the ratios of cases to hospitalisations and deaths is slowed from dropping as quick as it is which suits the narrative.

That won’t really matter in the end as the positives are so high right now the metrics are being blown to shit - as in rapidly falling.

Thanks man - always appreciate your perspectives on things.
Y

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2022, 03:43:26 AM »

Around 29 hours ago, I hung out with someone who was sick.

I drank out of her glass, and got a sore throat around 16 hours ago.

It seems to be clearing up now. I took 5,000 IU's of Vitamin D yesterday and today, and I think my immune system is very high from working out so much lately, and beating COVID in the second month of the first wave of the virus being in Canada.

You'll be fine. COVID is a joke virus - that's why no one is dying of it. Do you know one person who died or it, Taffin?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2022, 04:36:24 AM »
Get better Taffy!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2022, 05:20:10 AM »
Even though she's fit, Taffy, the UK in Jan ain't got no UVb and I remember it as an indoor culture (although I was in London, so of course). Please consider supplementing D if you don't already. Weinstein's Darkhorse podcast recently aired a good discussion of its relevance in Covid outcomes, if you're in the market.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2022, 05:32:26 AM »
Even though she's fit, Taffy, the UK in Jan ain't got no UVb and I remember it as an indoor culture (although I was in London, so of course). Please consider supplementing D if you don't already. Weinstein's Darkhorse podcast recently aired a good discussion of its relevance in Covid outcomes, if you're in the market.

In addition to this - vitamin D absorption varies for folks.  I know people in real life who supplemented pills, but levels didn't move until they went liquid.

I chew the pills for this reason - could be broscience though.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2022, 05:37:16 AM »
Sorry to hear it bro. Fwiw, vitamins D, C, zinc, and quercetin are well regarded among the foilies. Obviously ivermectin too, and monoclonals. I've heard good things about fluvoxamine. I think all these except monoclonals are best early stage tho.

Hope she's ok.

Yup - this is what I have been taking and have not been sick in 20 years.   Of my entire office of the 8 of us, 6 all got rona two didnt.   Myself and another guy who takes same protocols.  The others are obese and got hit hard. 

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2022, 05:47:06 AM »
How do you quantify luck when it comes to health? How much is based on luck vs. healthy lifestyle?

Of course, people are born with congenital conditions that weaken their immune systems or leads them to have poor health. No doubt about that. These people should be protected and cared for.

On the other hand, the Harvard School of Public Health has said that the role of genetics/hereditary in terms of health is way overestimated and a healthy lifestyle is more important. The fact is, the majority of people have weakened immune system/poor healthy do to lack of exercise and poor eating habits. This, of course, increases the chances of COVID death and/or hospitalizations. I believe obesity is the number one cause of COVID related deaths/hospitalizations.

It does not take too much to be healthy and active.

Typical American breakfast/day:
Sausage, eggs, bacon, pancakes, sugary cereal, gritz, etc.
Watch television

SF1900 breakfast:
One glass of water
Fruit smoothie with bananas, strawberries, mango, flax seed, baby spinach, and olive oil.
45 minute walk.
5 sets of pushups and some planking

Ive been sick, so I am not going to the gym but still doing something. Anyone can do this. We would be seeing a lot less deaths/hospitalizations if people took a more active approach to starting a healthy lifestyle.

So the typical breakfast you listed is only like 1000x healthier and more nutritious than yours.