Author Topic: Covid-19 - Booster Shots - Reactions - do they work?  (Read 28125 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: COVID booster shots - reactions
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2022, 05:47:50 AM »
Excellent. We're doing fine. Coax the vaxie forward. Musn't frighten him. Then we shall spring trap.

Tbh, I take D sporadically, C same, never zinc although I eat oysters, and don't even own quercetin. Will be getting it together this weekend tho since it looks like covid is finally coming to Western Australia.

Grape, good point about bioavailability. I need to look into that. I bet Dr Rhonda has something helpful.

You guys might dig Huberman Lab podcast. It's not pure gold but he's got some nuggets. Nothing to do with vaccines, etc.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: COVID booster shots
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2022, 05:56:15 AM »
It’s my favorite flavor, Breyer's being my preferred brand.

Breyers is the best because it has a higher fat content

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2022, 05:59:33 AM »
Around 29 hours ago, I hung out with someone who was sick.

I drank out of her glass, and got a sore throat around 16 hours ago.

It seems to be clearing up now. I took 5,000 IU's of Vitamin D yesterday and today, and I think my immune system is very high from working out so much lately, and beating COVID in the second month of the first wave of the virus being in Canada.

You'll be fine. COVID is a joke virus - that's why no one is dying of it. Do you know one person who died or it, Taffin?

You're either Vitamin D deficient or you're not. Taking a Vit D supplement when you're ill doesn't do anything. To restore or boost levels of Vit D from supps will takes weeks. Going forward just take 5000IUs x5 with your Sunday dinner or something.

Also you're mistaken in thinking a higher frequency of/more intense work outs improves your immune function. It actually does the opposite.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2022, 06:05:54 AM »
So the typical breakfast you listed is only like 1000x healthier and more nutritious than yours.

Sugar is a superfood.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2022, 06:08:10 AM »
You're either Vitamin D deficient or you're not. Taking a Vit D supplement when you're ill doesn't do anything. To restore or boost levels of Vit D from supps will takes weeks. Going forward just take 5000IUs x5 with your Sunday dinner or something.

Also you're mistaken in thinking a higher frequency of/more intense work outs improves your immune function. It actually does the opposite.

You are leaving out an important component - sleep. 

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2022, 06:11:40 AM »
In addition to this - vitamin D absorption varies for folks.  I know people in real life who supplemented pills, but levels didn't move until they went liquid.

I chew the pills for this reason - could be broscience though.

You need to take it with a meal (or a fat source like PB) for absorption.

Also fat people need to take more vit D to boost their levels. The fatter they are the more they need.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2022, 06:14:23 AM »
You need to take it with a meal (or a fat source like PB) for absorption.

Also fat people need to take more vit D to boost their levels. The fatter they are the more they need.

Then they should lose weight.   :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2022, 06:15:56 AM »
I suppose this thread is as good a place as any to drop the news that me and my Wife have tested positive for COVID.  Her on Monday and me last night.  She has been very ill with it - ambulance came out late Monday night in fact, but she chose not to be admitted(!)  She's getting better now but it's really knocked her about, and she's much fitter than me cardio-wise - she does the whole kick-boxing/boxercise/jogging jag - tires me out just watching her :P

Without wishing to tempt fate I've felt nothing, but as people know I'm an evil cucked gay sheep who had the full set of vaxxes (Pfizer inc booster) whereas she just had 2 jabs (Moderna)

I thought people in this thread would appreciate her position though - as unwell as she has been, she still would not take the booster, so she's the real GetBigger here and not me! ;D

Stay healthy guys :)

I`m wishing for a speedy recovery for both of you my British brother.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2022, 06:22:33 AM »
You are leaving out an important component - sleep.

You mean for recovery from workouts or illness? Yes it's very important for both

On the subject of sleep and vit d. If someone struggles to wake up/get out of bed in the morning then that's actually a indicator they might be vit d deficient.

Taking vit d is actually a huge step in the right direction to correct the metabolic damage a fat person has done to themselves and makes losing weight a lot easier. Try getting them to listen though and take some accountability. They'd rather just blame their genetics.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2022, 06:24:44 AM »
You mean for recovery from workouts or illness? Yes it's very important either way

On the subject of sleep and vit d. If someone struggles to wake up/get out of bed in the morning then that's actually a indicator they might be vit d deficient.

Taking vit d is actually a huge step in the right direction to correct the metabolic damage a fat person has done to themselves and makes losing weight a lot easier. Try getting them to listen though and take some accountability. They'd rather just blame their genetics.

Yup - just wear a face diaper and take a needle.   ::)

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2022, 06:56:52 AM »

This fixes most problems. High blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea etc etc etc. Society doesn't want to tell fatties to stop being fat though. We all gotta pay for their pills instead.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2022, 07:11:52 AM »
Excellent. We're doing fine. Coax the vaxie forward. Musn't frighten him. Then we shall spring trap.

Tbh, I take D sporadically, C same, never zinc although I eat oysters, and don't even own quercetin. Will be getting it together this weekend tho since it looks like covid is finally coming to Western Australia.

Grape, good point about bioavailability. I need to look into that. I bet Dr Rhonda has something helpful.

You guys might dig Huberman Lab podcast. It's not pure gold but he's got some nuggets. Nothing to do with vaccines, etc.

Zinc can help:

ergo-log.com/indeed-zinc-protects-against-corona.html

And Vitamine D:

ergo-log.com/meta-study-vitamin-d-protects-against-corona.html

Both are cheap and easily available. Simple way to get more protection imo.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2022, 07:18:04 AM »
I suppose this thread is as good a place as any to drop the news that me and my Wife have tested positive for COVID.  Her on Monday and me last night.  She has been very ill with it - ambulance came out late Monday night in fact, but she chose not to be admitted(!)  She's getting better now but it's really knocked her about, and she's much fitter than me cardio-wise - she does the whole kick-boxing/boxercise/jogging jag - tires me out just watching her :P

Without wishing to tempt fate I've felt nothing, but as people know I'm an evil cucked gay sheep who had the full set of vaxxes (Pfizer inc booster) whereas she just had 2 jabs (Moderna)

I thought people in this thread would appreciate her position though - as unwell as she has been, she still would not take the booster, so she's the real GetBigger here and not me! ;D

Stay healthy guys :)

Got any pics of your wife’s funbags?

LOL

Get better soon. (No homo)

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2022, 07:18:46 AM »

It seems to be clearing up now. I took 5,000 IU's of Vitamin D yesterday and today, and I think my immune system is very high from working out so much lately, and beating COVID in the second month of the first wave of the virus being in Canada.

You'll be fine. COVID is a joke virus - that's why no one is dying of it. Do you know one person who died or it, Taffin?

To some people it's not a joke alas:

news.sky.com/story/covid-19-fit-and-healthy-man-42-killed-by-coronavirus-regretted-refusing-vaccine-as-sister-issues-misinformation-warning-12373389

Looks like a fit & strong dude:

I especially like the "thumbs up" photo. Optimistic, but still in denial. He suffered for one month, died August 2021.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2022, 07:29:09 AM »

To some people it's not a joke alas:

news.sky.com/story/covid-19-fit-and-healthy-man-42-killed-by-coronavirus-regretted-refusing-vaccine-as-sister-issues-misinformation-warning-12373389

Looks like a fit & strong dude:

I especially like the "thumbs up" photo. Optimistic, but still in denial. He suffered for one month, died August 2021.

Looking physically fit doesn't always equal being metabolically healthy.

For example he could have had type 1 diabetes, he could be anaemic, he could be hiv positive. There are many possible reasons for outliers like this.

In this particular case an important fact was omitted. He was a competitive bodybuilder. It's not exactly a healthy hobby.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2022, 07:32:51 AM »
Likely nothing wrong with that food in conjunction with a healthy, active lifestyle and an overall good diet.

I mainly pointed out those foods as an example of what a stereotypical American eats--how Americans tend to have a lack of food diversity in their diets. I just get the image of the average american eating breakfast at a diner, surrounded by tons of unhealthy food.

And, yes, obesity tends to make everything worse--Id image obesity, coupled with stress, are probably the two worse things for the human body.

In the USA obesity is at record levels, I wonder how they are in Russia?
Russians for many weeks / months were dying from covid at 1,000 or more per day.

As far as I know obesity is far less of a problem in Russia, although alcohol abuse might play a bigger role:

graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/russia/

As Russia is a dictatorship, Putin probably does not care about a few hundred thousand deaths. His predecessors didn't care about millions of dead citizens.

And Russian vaccines suck. We in the Free World are lucky to have the best pharmaceutical companies on the planet. we would have been seriously screwed without them.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2022, 08:05:26 AM »
Thanks to everyone posting supportive messages and good advices above

I'm still feeling fine, and Wife is a bit better today - funny people mentioned vitamins and zinc - she's all over that angle.  Not sure I could persuade her to take anything more exotic at this point even if we could get hold of it, but like I say, very much appreciate you all taking the time to offer up your knowledge

And Walter - request noted ;D
T

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2022, 08:13:26 AM »

I'm still feeling fine, and Wife is a bit better today - funny people mentioned vitamins and zinc - she's all over that angle.  Not sure I could persuade her to take anything more exotic at this point even if we could get hold of it, but like I say, very much appreciate you all taking the time to offer up your knowledge

Check out Zelenko protocol....sums up the dosages and plan.
Y

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2022, 08:14:38 AM »

Hahaha - is that code for something else, Matt?  Something 'fishy'? ;D

And yes to your question, I've known 2 people succumb to this thing - Summer last year - nothing since

-   1 black fella, 57 years old, overweight + (I think) diabeetus
-   1 white woman, 28 years old, slightly chubby + mild asthma
T

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2022, 08:35:10 AM »
Hahaha - is that code for something else, Matt?  Something 'fishy'? ;D

And yes to your question, I've known 2 people succumb to this thing - Summer last year - nothing since

-   1 black fella, 57 years old, overweight + (I think) diabeetus
-   1 white woman, 28 years old, slightly chubby + mild asthma

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2022, 08:49:21 AM »

Nooo!

Don't get crazy on us. That's just madness. Lose weight? LOSE WEIGHT?? 

Thank you sir.  It's the single very best thing every single person can do.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2022, 08:51:04 AM »
Nooo!

Don't get crazy on us. That's just madness. Lose weight? LOSE WEIGHT?? 

Thank you sir.  It's the single very best thing every single person can do.

Have we heard from Fat Howard or Shizzo the Hut lately?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2022, 11:00:54 AM »

No one has mentioned NAC. Get some if you can, 600mg twice a day. It's probably the most effective supplement available.

Also ignore the Ivermectin bros.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2022, 12:43:03 PM »

I'm glad you are feeling better.

It's funny how some people get wrecked by it and some don't.

Perhaps your booster helped a bit?

My sister in law just got it and feels fine, just tired and having sinus problems.

I was around her during Christmas, assuming she got it afterwards because nobody else feels bad. My brother is unvaccinated and hasn't gotten it from her.

My GF is sick with a cold right now, her family was going nuts claiming it had to be Covid. Went and got tested yesterday, nope just a cold.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2022, 12:51:00 PM »
Looking physically fit doesn't always equal being metabolically healthy.

For example he could have had type 1 diabetes, he could be anaemic, he could be hiv positive. There are many possible reasons for outliers like this.

In this particular case an important fact was omitted. He was a competitive bodybuilder. It's not exactly a healthy hobby.

Yeah that's true for a lot of men.

My friend is a triathlete who does Ironman races all over the world. Dude is ripped and eats about as healthy as you would believe. His entire lifestyle revolves around training and eating.

Takes every supplement you could imagine.

His BP is high, cholesterol is jacked up and he has asthma.

Gets sick all the time.

But he "looks" healthy at least. ;D

I do believe healthy people can die from Covid, but the fear these articles attempt to place on us shouldn't carry much weight. Even if he was vaccinated he still could have died. There is not enough data to know ultimately if that is true. It's all statistics that can be misleading based on how they were collected and classified.