Author Topic: Best song ever  (Read 3703 times)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Best song ever
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2023, 06:35:47 AM »
1- Barbie Girl ~ Aqua
2~ Shoot you Shot ~ Divine
3~ Its Raining Men ~ Pointer sisters" ?
4~Nothing else matters  ~ Metallica
4~ Mama Juanita ~ 2 Live Crew

End of thread  :D

The Weather girls are who sing "Its Raining men"
one of them Sued C+C music Factory for using her voice and replacing her image with a lean tall model "Everybody dance now"

I'm actually surprised how little musical range Getbiggers  have

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2023, 06:47:02 AM »
BEARFORCE ONE

NO HOMER

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2023, 02:08:07 PM »

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2023, 02:49:14 PM »
You sound like my wife  ;D She is an 80's buff... But I will stick by my position that making art (music) competitive is a mistake.  The best song is so personal. Now we can all agree Hotel California is great. But that song that grabs you... speaks to you.... the "Hurt" Johnny Cash, the "Nothing Compares" Prince and Rosie Gaines, and countless others.... well, I think you agree with me and it was in jest. But im always open to hearing new amazing songs,. I know the story behind Christine McVies Song Bird recording so that holds a special place in my heart . as I mentioned Johnny Cash's Hurt with the video is one of my all time favorites.

There are a lot of great simple 3 minute tunes, but when you think of the greatest songs, it’s the epic anthems, like Freebird, that come to mind.

This is one of the best from the 90s

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2023, 04:55:46 PM »

One of the best intros

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2023, 05:20:49 PM »

One of the best intros

Sultans of Swing: Another epic anthem

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2023, 07:40:09 PM »
Yes, I was just joking.

I figured. Art is so subjective... and I consider music art. One size does not fit all. Was a a club a few years back with some friends and the band started playing Safety Dance.... one of the girls in the group said it was the best song ever... I thought she was joking. I said even better than Imagine, or Sympathy for the Devil? She was adamant it was. Now I disagree with her, but you know what, for her, that was the best song ever...

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2023, 03:02:18 AM »
1- Barbie Girl ~ Aqua
2~ Shoot you Shot ~ Divine
3~ Its Raining Men ~ Pointer sisters" ?
4~Nothing else matters  ~ Metallica
4~ Mama Juanita ~ 2 Live Crew

End of thread  :D

Uhmmmm   ??? ???

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2023, 10:32:44 AM »
Baker Street and Don’t Fear the Reaper are a couple of good ones.
T

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2023, 12:08:39 PM »
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Yes - Roundabout
Layla - Clapton (Derek and the Dominoes)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2023, 01:53:06 AM »
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Yes - Roundabout
Layla - Clapton (Derek and the Dominoes)
Aqualung is really good. So is Bungle In The Jungle. Which Jethro Tull song was Daddy Waddy training to in that epic Getbigger video years ago?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2023, 05:35:40 AM »
Aqualung is really good. So is Bungle In The Jungle. Which Jethro Tull song was Daddy Waddy training to in that epic Getbigger video years ago?

F

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2023, 09:33:22 AM »
Chicago - 25 or 6 2 4.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2023, 12:00:16 AM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2023, 11:14:00 PM »
Someone posted today.... if you were stranded on an island with only 10 songs what would they be.
I liked this question because it made it personal. It doesn't matter what the top 50 songs in the world are.. it matters what resonates with you..

For example... Vincent ( Starry Starry Night) wouldn't make anyones top ten list but I would want it on the island with me along with Rocketman... 

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2023, 12:31:31 AM »
Someone posted today.... if you were stranded on an island with only 10 songs what would they be.
I liked this question because it made it personal. It doesn't matter what the top 50 songs in the world are.. it matters what resonates with you..

For example... Vincent ( Starry Starry Night) wouldn't make anyones top ten list but I would want it on the island with me along with Rocketman...

Both released 1972, interesting whether a particuarly good or pivotal year for you or maybe just coincidental. To your point above, I find that a huge component of the 'personal' aspect, beyond the quality of the music itself, is the time of your life that you discover it, with the base often being aligned reasonably within the range  of the younger years, say early teens to mid-20s due to the obvious inputs (finding your identity, your 'first' whatever in a perfect summer and associated hooked in memories, less external commitments etc)

While absolutely we can and do discover more great music as we get older, it's likely fair to say, to generalise,  that these later finds can often lack the added sugar of the above that resonate so deeply: we all have our own Rosebuds basically that no one else can fully or needs to understand, music is emotion and feeling not logic and algorithms

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2023, 12:44:33 AM »

Almost any Metallica album, the Eagles greatest hits, or 10 symphonies led by Beethoven's 9th, of course.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2023, 01:11:21 AM »

I am going to sound brutally gay here, but I'd probably have 'Vincent' in mine. Van Gogh was a remarkable person and I love his words as much as his artwork - I guess both are just manifestations of an exquisite mind. Mclean's tribute to him is one of the most honest and open expressions of emotion that I know of. Vincent spoke through his art, and some of us listened. What he told us is that the world, for all of its darkness and chaos, is beautiful. Be in awe of it all.

James Blake performed a great cover of the song that you might enjoy:

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2023, 01:13:00 AM »
Baker Street and Don’t Fear the Reaper are a couple of good ones.

Amazing songs ^^

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2023, 09:47:11 PM »
I love baker Street. That actually takes me to a specific time. Like So many songs that trigger a memory, a specific memory. LION SLEEPS TONIGHT takes me back to a skating rink in 1978 in Altus Ok. If you can find a song, and I have so many, that spirit you away to a specific memory, that's golden

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2023, 01:28:35 AM »
I love baker Street. That actually takes me to a specific time. Like So many songs that trigger a memory, a specific memory. LION SLEEPS TONIGHT takes me back to a skating rink in 1978 in Altus Ok. If you can find a song, and I have so many, that spirit you away to a specific memory, that's golden
This is why people who don't grow up in the same generation don't get the same feeling about a song. There is no emotional attachment.