Author Topic: cold plunge...  (Read 1949 times)

tatoo

• Getbig IV
cold plunge...
« on: January 24, 2023, 06:33:37 AM »
give it a shot fellas..... ive been doing it for a month... sucks at first, but you get used to it.. recovery, joints, mood, skin, all improved... anyone of you other monsters doing or have done cold plunges?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: cold plunge...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 06:42:05 AM »
Never.

Is this proven to be good for you? Georges St-Pierre does these - I think pretty regularly.

tatoo - your user name reminds me of the character "Tattoo" on the TV show Fantasy Island, played by Hervé Villechaize:

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 06:42:43 AM »
I could never stand that.....no way bro!

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 07:30:35 AM »
my water heater broke once when I was growing weed in the mountains

had to take cold showers until harvest (about 5 weeks)

it made a difference but goddamn waking up and looking forward to a cold anything is a bitch

this whole "overcoming obstacles" on a daily basis is cool but its to same thing as taking psychedelics everyday or working out everyday - I don't need to add all these "challenges" in my life , I think dudes get like that from high estrogen -

you get the sane effect from working with your hands than having to dip your nuts in ice water everyday to feel alive

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 07:38:16 AM »
Never.

Is this proven to be good for you? Georges St-Pierre does these - I think pretty regularly.

tatoo - your user name reminds me of the character "Tattoo" on the TV show Fantasy Island, played by Hervé Villechaize:
;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 08:05:02 AM »
Shrinkage Of Peace

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 08:34:44 AM »
give it a shot fellas..... ive been doing it for a month... sucks at first, but you get used to it.. recovery, joints, mood, skin, all improved... anyone of you other monsters doing or have done cold plunges?

Pretty popular amongst the exercise folks I follow on twitter.  Some swear by it.

I will not be participating.

Only way I would is if I had access to one of the real pools, and a sauna.
Y

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 08:45:46 AM »
I only do it in the summer when I’m overheated, I don’t see a benefit to shocking your body like that everyday.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 08:51:25 AM »
Not sure if it does anything or not, but for the past three months I turn my shower cold as it will go for the final 45 seconds for therapeutic reasons. I’ve thought of getting a polar plunge thing in my house to see if it does anything.

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 09:15:29 AM »
Shrinkage Of Peace

hahaha.. leave to you brother....ya get outta that fucker thinking you have 2 belly buttons!!!

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 09:19:42 AM »
my water heater broke once when I was growing weed in the mountains

had to take cold showers until harvest (about 5 weeks)

it made a difference but goddamn waking up and looking forward to a cold anything is a bitch

this whole "overcoming obstacles" on a daily basis is cool but its to same thing as taking psychedelics everyday or working out everyday - I don't need to add all these "challenges" in my life , I think dudes get like that from high estrogen -

you get the sane effect from working with your hands than having to dip your nuts in ice water everyday to feel alive

lmfao..... thats funny

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2023, 09:22:35 AM »

hahaha.. leave to you brother....ya get outta that fucker thinking you have 2 belly buttons!!!
LOL  ;D

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2023, 09:32:15 AM »
Never.

lol, ive heard that before here.... im a tad taller tho.... wish i had that fuckin midgets head of hair tho!.... there is some good science behind it i believe... you see lots of athletes doing it and they usually are on top of their game w shit like this..

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2023, 09:45:11 AM »
Never.

https://icebarrel.com/science/

Doing it in the a.m. may have some benefit for test production.  Then again, you could always just get on bio-identical hormones as those aren't drugs

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2023, 10:28:52 AM »
Don’t think I could do it. I’ll take the hot tub instead haha.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2023, 10:33:40 AM »
Don’t think I could do it. I’ll take the hot tub instead haha.

Start with a couple of mins...use the hot shower before bed, you fall asleep faster than you normally would.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2023, 10:47:31 AM »
Tried cryotherapy once…tooo cold!
T

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2023, 03:18:50 PM »
Not for me.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2023, 03:39:22 PM »
Supposedly being neck deep in water 60 degrees or under for at least 3 minutes can increase dopamine to cocaine-like levels and lasts for 3 hours or so without a crash. Supposedly. My pool was 60 degrees the other day, so I treaded water in the deep end for 5 minutes to try it out. Fucking cold initially diving in but felt fine once you’re in it. Granted it wasn’t 40 degrees or anything extremely cold. I’d rather dive right in. An ice cold shower is worse IMO

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 04:04:48 PM »
Supposedly being neck deep in water 60 degrees or under for at least 3 minutes can increase dopamine to cocaine-like levels and lasts for 3 hours or so without a crash. Supposedly. My pool was 60 degrees the other day, so I treaded water in the deep end for 5 minutes to try it out. Fucking cold initially diving in but felt fine once you’re in it. Granted it wasn’t 40 degrees or anything extremely cold. I’d rather dive right in. An ice cold shower is worse IMO

Many years ago when I did Tough Mudder shit, they had an obstacle called the artic enema.  It's a 15 yard dumpster filled with ice water (35 degrees?) about 4 feet high filled.  In the middle is paneling you have to duck under.

I remember the second time I hesitated for a few seconds in the water, and when I wanted to "go" there was a slight delay in my hands starting to move from when I wanted to......awful feeling.

Felt f'n GREAT a few after getting out though.
Y

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2023, 04:26:40 PM »
Many years ago when I did Tough Mudder shit, they had an obstacle called the artic enema.  It's a 15 yard dumpster filled with ice water (35 degrees?) about 4 feet high filled.  In the middle is paneling you have to duck under.

I remember the second time I hesitated for a few seconds in the water, and when I wanted to "go" there was a slight delay in my hands starting to move from when I wanted to......awful feeling.

Felt f'n GREAT a few after getting out though.

Yeah I guess it would feel great to not be stabbed after being stabbed repeatedly,Hahahha.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2023, 04:25:01 AM »

Yeah I guess it would feel great to not be stabbed after being stabbed repeatedly,Hahahha.

I can't argue with this logic.  Probably correct.  ;D
Y

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2023, 06:06:54 AM »
I remember Rickson Gracie training in the mountains of Japan when he was preparing for the world title doing the cold plunge
35:10

Dalnet

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2023, 11:38:05 AM »
I could never stand that.....no way bro!

X2.
I don't believe that human bodies are designed to put up with sudden extreme conditions like that. It's a fight or flight situation and there's only so much my heart could take. I'd rather save myself for a situation where I do actually need to jump out a car in the river that its fell into in the middle of Winter. Not for fun. Fuck off with that Delta Force/SEAL bullshit.

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2023, 12:38:30 PM »
X2.
I don't believe that human bodies are designed to put up with sudden extreme conditions like that. It's a fight or flight situation and there's only so much my heart could take. I'd rather save myself for a situation where I do actually need to jump out a car in the river that its fell into in the middle of Winter. Not for fun. Fuck off with that Delta Force/SEAL bullshit.

i wonder the same too.... like fuck, am i going to cause myself a heart attack one of these days?