Author Topic: Upcoming Marvel and DC movies  (Read 499713 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Upcoming Marvel and DC movies
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2011, 06:42:59 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=49110

Mickey Rourke Criticizes Marvel Studios For "Breaking Jon Favreau's Balls" And More!
Talking at a junket for Immortals earlier today, Mickey Rourke (who played Whiplash in 2010's Iron Man 2) has let rip at Marvel Studios for how they edited his performance and treated director Jon Favreau...
Superhero Hype caught up with Mickey Rourke earlier today, and while discussing his villainous role in Immortals, he had a few things to say about his time working with Jon Favreau and Marvel Studios on Iron Man 2. Now, I definitely remember reports of the actor heading on over to Russian prisons to research the role and there being some talk in the past of not all of his material making the final cut, but it would appear that it was a lot more than we ever realized!

"I try to find the moments where [the villian is] not that cliched, evil bad guy and it's a big fight. I had it on 'Iron Man' and they won. It was going to work for Marvel and them breaking [Jon] Favreau's balls and wanting just a one-dimensional villain. The performance and all the things that I tried to bring to it end up on the f--ing floor. That can cause you not to care as much. To not to want to put that effort in to try and make it an intelligent bad guy or a bad guy who is justified in what his reasons are."

This isn't the first time Marvel Studios have fallen out with an actor in one of their productions. Ed Norton disagreed with the way they handled The Incredible Hulk and his role as Bruce Banner was later given to Mark Ruffalo for 2012's The Avengers. Terrence Howard was replaced by Don Cheadle because he wanted more money. While we don't know the full details behind any of these fall outs, I guess we can add Mickey Rourke to the list of actors who won't be working with the studio again in future!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2011, 06:55:39 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=49109

Henry Cavill Talking About Superman

I have made a concerted effort to focus purely on the source material, which is the comic. I personally believe to focus too much on other people's interpretation of the source material is going to detract from my performance and my interpretation. It's a wonderful opportunity and there is so much material there. And there is such a wealth of...way he is represented across all the comics. That it's a deep well to choose from.

Daily, I'm learning more. Because as I'm experiencing it, as I'm performing...I'm...As you say, if you were to look at George Reeves, and Christopher Reeves and all that. I'm doing bits myself and therefore learning more about the character. Because hopefully if I do my job right, I'll be remembered and maybe fifteen years in the future someone will be saying Henry Cavill when the next chap is playing Superman.

The photos and video are from the day after the green screen shoot with the helicopters. There are more photos of Henry, but they are a bunch of photos from the same two angles. I decided to only include the best image. In the video it starts with the green screen rescue shoot that you've seen, but then goes into the shot of the burning building that you haven't seen. This is most likely the hallway fire that was described in the official memo that I posted the other day.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2011, 07:02:59 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=49135

Shane Black Calls Mandarin "A Racist Caricature"; Confirms Return Of Actors For Iron Man 3!
In a far more detailed description of the "Shane Black Q&A" at Long Beach Comic Con, the director shares his thoughts on Mandarin, reveals which former cast members will return for Iron Man 3, comments on easter eggs, Stan Lee and more.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2011, 10:59:44 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=49226

Venture Bros Co-Creator Says He Could Bring Us "The Greatest Dr Strange Movie Ever"
At NYCC Doc Hammer and his Venture Bros co-creator Jackson Publick discussed the fifth season of the awesome Adult Swin animated show, and Hammer reckons he has ideas for a very successful movie outing for The Sorcerer Supreme..

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2011, 11:14:44 PM »
Henry Cavill Briefly Weighs In On His Recent "Shirtless" Man Of Steel Set Photos!
Initially explaining his physical preparation for Immortals, 'Superman' star Henry Cavill weighs in on recent Man Of Steel set photos featuring the actor shirtless.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=49189

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2011, 04:22:29 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=49774

Supernatural's Julian Richings Appearing In Man Of Steel As A Kryptonian
Some late casting news for Zack Snyder's Superman flick for you guys. In a video interview actor Julian Richings has revealed that he will play a Kryptonin and share scenes with Zod (Michael Shannon) and Jor-El (Russell Crowe)..

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2011, 12:19:50 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=50370

Adam Rodriguez Chose Male Stripping Over A Role In The Dark Knight Rises
On September 8th it was announced that Rodriguez of CSI: Miami had landed two roles. One, was an unspecified role in the new Batman movie, and the other was for ...

Adam is best known for his role as Detective Eric Delko in the hit television show CSI: Miami. He had a small role lined up in The Dark Knight Rises, but scheduling conflicts with Steven Soderbergh‘s Magic Mike resulted on him passing on the part.

Magic Mike is about a veteran male stripper (Channing Tatum) taking a new stripper (Alex Pettyfer) under his wing and showing him the ropes. Matthew McConaughey will be the owner of the club, Xquisite. Adam Rodriguez will be one of the male strippers alongside White Collar's Matt Bomer, and True Blood's Joe Manganiello.

In addition to Magic Mike, there’s talk that you’re doing Dark Knight. Is that true?

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to work on Dark Knight because it directly conflicted with the shooting schedule for Magic Mike. There was no way around it. I’m sure it would have been an incredible experience, but I know it worked out for the best.

Fans are pretty excited you’re starring in Magic Mike. What drew you to the role?

The first thing that got my attention was the fact that Steven Soderbergh was directing. Then I read the script and loved the way the premise of a “male stripper movie” was delivered with style. It had edge without taking itself too seriously and humor without making an ass of itself. The roles of the dancers were sprinkled throughout the script with lots of room for improvisation, and I knew it would be something fun to be a part of. I was right. Best time I’ve ever had on a job. Learned a lot and laughed a lot. - celebuzz.com

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2011, 05:01:14 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=50594

Acura to Make and Sell Tony Stark's New Car from THE AVENGERS!
That sexy open-top sports car that Robert Downey Jr. was seen driving on the set of The Avengers was supposed to be a one-off, but Acura has had a change of heart.

The website Jalopnik is reporting that Tony Stark's hot new ride won't just be a fictional vehicle for the movie, but in fact be hitting a showroom near you in the future. The new vehicle that is designed to look like the one in the photos below is an Acura NSX. It will be a hybrid!

According to an Acura dealer national meeting attendee's furtive report from the Aria hotel in Las Vegas, the new Acura NSX that'll reportedly be shown at next month's Detroit Auto Show will look extremely similar to Tony Stark's car in the upcoming Avengers movie. But wait, there's more.

It'll also be, according to our tipster, a "hybrid" — yes, you read that correctly — and "will hit dealer showrooms in 24 months." Also, it'll be AWD. - Jalopnik

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2011, 04:11:53 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=50682

Christopher Nolan Discusses The Joker Interrogation Scene In THE DARK KNIGHT
Talking in-depth about the filming and creative process that went in to the intense Batman/Joker interrogation scene in The Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan reveals what did and didn't make it into the final cut and more.
Talking to Hero Complex, Christopher Nolan has spoken in great depth about his favourite scene in The Dark Knight - the atmospheric and brutal showdown between Batman and The Joker in the GCPD interrogation room. Below are just a few select excerpts from Nolan's fascinating chat with Geoff Boucher, but to read the interview in full (where the director comments on how the scene was shot, the motivations of the hero and villain as well as the importance of Commissioner Gordon and much more) be sure to click on the link below.

"To be honest, it’s pretty easy for me. The scene that is so important and so central to me is the interrogation scene between Batman and the Joker in the film. When we were writing the script, that was always one of the central set pieces that we wanted to crack."

"On the set, we shot it fairly early on. It was actually one of the first things that Heath had to do as the Joker. He told me he was actually pretty excited to tear off a big chunk early on, really get one of the Joker’s key scenes up in the first three weeks of a seven-month shoot. He and I both liked the idea of just diving in, as did Christian [Bale, who portrayed Batman]. We had rehearsed the scene a tiny bit. We had just ripped through it a couple of times in pre-production just to get some slight feel of how it was going to work. Neither of them wanted to go too far with it in rehearsal. They had to rehearse some of the fight choreography, but even with that, we tried to keep it loose and improvisational. They wanted to save it all. We were all pretty excited to get on with a big chunk of dialogue and this big intense scene between these two iconic characters. It was quite bizarre to see Batman across the table across from the Joker [laughs]. I’m glad you asked this. You know, I could actually talk about this scene for hours."

"We had a lot of time to shoot it too, because it was so early on. Quite often, as you get behind on other things and you run toward the end of the shoot, things can get very squeezed. But you tend to schedule the first few weeks very generously to give the crew and the actors and myself time to find our feet and find our pace. So we had a couple of days to do it."

"For me creatively, that had been about inverting the expectation. We’ve all seen so many of these dark movie interrogation scenes where somebody is being given the third degree. We just wanted to completely flip that on its head. And have the bright, harsh, bleak light sort show you the Joker’s make-up and its decay. The Batsuit was redesigned for this film. And unlike the suit that we had in “Batman Begins,” it’s capable of really being shown in incredible detail and still hold up to that kind of scrutiny under that bright light. The suit looked much more real and more like a functional thing this time. The whole scene was about showing something real and brutal and getting this real harshness."

"Originally, at the end of that scene, once the Joker reveals his information, Christian dropped him and then, almost as an afterthought, he kicked him in the head as he walked out of the room. We wound up removing that bit. It seemed a little too petulant for Batman in a way. And really, more than that, what it was is that I liked how Christian played it: When he drops the Joker, he has realized the futility of what he’s done. You see it in his eyes. How do you fight someone who thrives on conflict? It’s a very loose end to be left with."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2011, 09:08:54 PM »
She could not handle the Hammer.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=50790

Patty Jenkins Not Worthy of Mjölnir ... Out as Director of THOR 2
Another swing and a miss for Marvel Studios as Patty Jenkins (Monster) is the second director to walk away from the project. Click the jump for details.

Patty Jenkins banished from Asgard! According to Deadline Director Patty Jenkins (AMC's The Killing) is departing from Thor 2 because of "creative differences." Patty was the second choice to Game of Thrones director Brian Kirk. Marvel is said to be moving very quickly on Patty's replacement in order to keep the release date, July 26, 2013.

Deadline added that this may not be the last of Patty Jenkins in the superhero genre. I'm not sure if they are speculating or if their source gave them a scoop, but they said, "The feeling is that she’ll probably end up working on one of these superhero films, but perhaps not on a sequel."

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2011, 07:46:26 PM »
She could not handle the Hammer.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=50790

Patty Jenkins Not Worthy of Mjölnir ... Out as Director of THOR 2
Another swing and a miss for Marvel Studios as Patty Jenkins (Monster) is the second director to walk away from the project. Click the jump for details.

Patty Jenkins banished from Asgard! According to Deadline Director Patty Jenkins (AMC's The Killing) is departing from Thor 2 because of "creative differences." Patty was the second choice to Game of Thrones director Brian Kirk. Marvel is said to be moving very quickly on Patty's replacement in order to keep the release date, July 26, 2013.

Deadline added that this may not be the last of Patty Jenkins in the superhero genre. I'm not sure if they are speculating or if their source gave them a scoop, but they said, "The feeling is that she’ll probably end up working on one of these superhero films, but perhaps not on a sequel."

Too bad Ken Brannagh stepped down, he did a great job with Thor.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »
Has anyone seen any of this? I caught an episode last week. The anime style works: I've never seen the animation so sharp for marvel stuff. There is also a Iron Man anime series on the G4 channel.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2011, 10:06:28 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=51583

X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE Pirate Headed To Jail For A Year
While many comic book fans would argue that the creative crimes committed by this movie were worthy of sending the people behind it to jail, X-Men Origins: Wolverine pirate Gilberto Sanchez will spend a year in federal prison.
Panned by critics and fans alike, X-Men Origins: Wolverine was not a good comic book movie. Hated for its mostly abysmal interpretation of the beloved character's origin story, it also saw unrecognisable versions of such characters as Emma Frost and Deadpool. Well, the guy who decided to leak an early version of the movie online before its release back in 2009 has finally been sentenced. Here is the full press release courtesy of Deadline.

LOS ANGELES – A New York man who admitted illegally uploading to the Internet a pirated, nearly final "workprint" copy of the movie "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" was sentenced this afternoon to one year in federal prison.

Gilberto Sanchez, 49, who resides in The Bronx and who used screen names that were variations on "skillz," was sentenced by United States District Judge Margaret M. Morrow, who described the offense as "extremely serious." In addition to the prison term, Judge Morrow imposed one year of supervised release and numerous computer restrictions.

"The federal prison sentence handed down in this case sends a strong message of deterrence to would-be Internet pirates," said United States Attorney André Birotte Jr. "The Justice Department will pursue and prosecute persons who seek to steal the intellectual property of this nation."

Sanchez "uploaded the workprint more than one month before theatrical release, he has a prior conviction for a similar offense, he had been regularly uploading pirated movies for four or five years, and did not appear remorseful after charges were brought," prosecutors wrote in a sentencing memorandum.

Sanchez pleaded guilty in March to one count of uploading a copyrighted work being prepared for commercial distribution. When he pleaded guilty, Sanchez admitted that he uploaded a "workprint" copy of the copyrighted "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" to www.Megaupload.com in March 2009, about one month before the motion picture was released in theaters. After uploading the Wolverine movie, Sanchez publicized the upload by posting links on two publicly available websites, so that anyone who clicked on the links would have access to the movie and be able to download it. Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation owns the copyright to the movie.

"Although Fox was able to get defendant’s Wolverine Workprint removed from his Megaupload account within approximately one day, by then, the damage was done and the film had proliferated like wildfire throughout the Internet, resulting in up to millions of infringements," prosecutors said in court documents.

This case is the result of an investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2011, 09:05:34 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/6of13/news/?a=51703

Amy Adams Compares Henry Cavill To Kermit The Frog
The actress compared her new leading man in Man of Steel,to her most recent in The Muppets.

Amy Adams is starring in the new Muppets film which has earned heaps of praise from various critics. When Total Film asked her to compare her leading men from both The Muppets and Man of Steel, she had the following to say:

Henry Cavill is very Kermitty! There is a humility to Henry and that’s one of the reasons his Superman is going to be so compelling. He has this beautiful face and humble spirit and that’s really a hard combination to come upon.”

Amy's comments seem to only convince me even more that Henry Cavill is the ideal actor to play The Man of Steel.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2011, 10:14:11 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=51827

When news broke that Patty Jenkins was off Thor 2, the obvious big question was who is going to take over for her. Marvel had narrowed their search down to two directors in Daniel Minahan and Alan Taylor. Now today, according to Deadline, Marvel have settled on Alan Taylor to helm Thor's next solo motion picture journey. Taylor's credits include Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire and Nurse Jackie.

From Deadline:

Marvel Studios has found its Thor 2 director. I’m told that Marvel has set Alan Taylor, who was widely rumored to be on the short list to replace Patty Jenkins. Jenkins got the job but then fell out over differences with Marvel on the sequel.

Taylor joins returning scribe Don Payne, who will again return to write Thor's tale, along with stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, and Tom Hiddleston. Thor 2 will be released on November 15, 2013.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2011, 11:37:19 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=52073

With Marvel's next anime series, Blade, scheduled to debut on G4 January 13th, a new action-packed promo for the show has been released.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2012, 11:51:38 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Jolt17/news/?a=56906

Could Tahmoh Penikett Be the Latest Addition to the Cast of MAN OF STEEL?
The information originally comes from the Internet Movie Database page of the movie, so you may take this with a grain of salt before we see any official announcement. According to the report, Penikett will play a character named Emerson, who is speculated to be Grant Emerson, better known as Damage, the son of Al Pratt (the original Atom). Check out the report and speculation by Cosmic Book News below...

It appears as if Battlestar Galactica's Tahmoh Penikett has been cast in the Man of Steel as "Emerson." IMDb has Penikett listed in the new Superman movie, where we've heard of at least a few additional cast members confirmed as well. Tahmoh Penikett could be playing the character of Grant Emerson, the DC Comics superhero known as Damage. What could be interesting in regards to the Man of Steel, is that Damage accidently blew up Atlanta where he was "recruited" by Sarge Steel to be a part of the government version of the Titans. Steel was head of the government's Department of Metahuman Affair/superhuman activities. Now, Penikett could just be playing a member of Colonel Hardy's squad, but could Zack Snyder be bringing in the big guns to take care of the aliens? Or could we just have a slight skirmish between Damage and Superman, with Supes stopping Damage from causing massive chaos?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2012, 09:14:19 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »
We are starting to cast for a new blockbuster feature film about one of the Marvel super heroes. Filming will be starting this summer.

Role 1: Muscular males and females
We are looking for males and females with athletic and muscular body frames from any ethnic background.

Requirements:
-you must have a Muscular or athletic body frame.
-You must have easy access to London

To Apply: Please upload a full length photo on to your profile of yourself either in Underwear or swim wear showing your physic.

Role 2: Blond haired Muscular males and females
We are looking for BLOND haired males and females with athletic and muscular body frames.

Requirements:
-You must be blond or fair haired.
-you must have a Muscular or athletic body frame.
-You must have easy access to London
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=59821

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2012, 08:39:12 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2012, 12:38:14 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=60046

News on Ant-Man (from Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz writer and director Edgar Wright) was slow for a while, but the success of Marvel's The Avengers and some hints from both Kevin Feige and Edgar Wright himself - find that HERE - reignited interest in the long talked about adaptation. Well, @TwitchFilm has revealed something very interesting indeed, as you can see from the Tweet below.

TWITCH@TwitchFilm

Rumblings in #Cannes are that @edgarwright's ANT MAN has been greenlit. #rumor

19 May 12•Reply
•Retweet
•Favorite

Wright is currently teaming up with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost for At World's End, but some have already speculated that he will start shooting Ant-Man for Marvel either at the end of this year or sometime during 2013 (putting it on track to be the mystery 2014 release from the studio). This is a reliable source and the Cannes Film Festival seems like a fitting location for news like this to hit. With rumours like this now kicking off, here's hoping it spurs Disney and Marvel Studios to finally make an official announcement.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=60689

New photos from the web site thesuperficial.com show that the Iron Patriot armor will be making its way to the big screen in Iron Man 3. The Armor was first seen in 2009's Dark Avengers comics following the events of Secret Invasion. In the comics Norman Osbourne is the first to put the Iron Patriot armor on, but with Sony owning the rights to pretty much everything Spider-Man related that rules this particular villain out. In the photos you can see actor James Badge Dale wearing the Iron Patriot armor

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2012, 10:27:28 PM »
Now they get off their asses...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=61048

Will Beall To Pen JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie; Michael Goldenberg Writing WONDER WOMAN

Well, the success of the rival team does indeed matter to others. With The Avengers becoming a true global phenomenon, other studios are also very much looking at Marvel's direction to see if their team-up of a lifetime with characters that have their own films, will actually work both at the box office and if the audience will accept it. Short answer: yes, it works. Now, according to Variety, Warner Bros. Pictures has set Will Beall to pen the script for Justice League film, which is a long-awaited big screen adaptation based on the team of DC superheroes. More below:

"... Warner Brothers quietly began getting its own all-star superhero pic back on track, tapping "Gangster Squad" scribe Will Beall to write "Justice League," based on the WB-controlled stable of DC Comics superheroes."

One thing that is also mentioned, is that Michael Goldenberg, one of the Green Lantern scribes, was hired to write Wonder Woman film. As far as other properties, Brad Peyton is working on a draft for Lobo, and as we already know, Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green were set to write The Flash. But, no updates on that just yet.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2012, 10:43:13 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/6of13/news/?a=62111

Hugh Jackman In The Process Of Prepping For His Return As Wolverine

Hugh Jackman is busy working out in Barcelona gyms to get in shape for his role in director James Mangold's The Wolverine. And the recent photo (below) of Hugh shows him looking ripped as ever. The actor, who has been busy filming Les Miserables, took time-off from his gym regime to speak at 20th Century Fox International’s CineEurope presentation in Barcelona, Spain. He described his role as mutant Wolverine as being "the backbone of my [movie] career".

At one point it was indicated that shooting on the berserker mutant's next outing was to begin in 2011. Unfortunately, as a result of Hugh's commitment to Les Miserables, the commencement date was delayed. However, he did tell the theatre on Wednesday (June 20) that filming on The Wolverine will begin in "about 6 weeks". He also stated that he is excited to get his claws into the character again because he believes that "there's that great movie to be made that defines his character.".

The script, written by Christopher McQuarrie and Mark Bomback, is said to depict Logan heading to Japan where hr encounters The Silver Samurai. The story takes inpiration from the 1982 series by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller.

Another term which Hugh used and one which we have heard being thrown around a bit is "badass". X-Men Origins: Wolverine was received generally negatively by fans. Nevertheless, fans have been promised that the new Wolverine movie will be far more berserker and badass than before.

So far there is no other casting news on who will star alongside Hugh. The film is scheduled for release on July 26, 2013.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2012, 08:05:04 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=62584

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Coming May 16th, 2014

Earlier today, Latino Review revealed that Guardians of the Galaxy is Marvel's other 2014 movie. Variety has now confirmed this rumour (adding further credibility to the initial claims) and says that the studio are indeed planning to release it on May 16th, 2014. They mention that their reason for travelling back in time from the 31st Century is to, "help to battle the Badoon, an evil alien race that attempts to conquer Earth's solar system." However, it is not made clear whether or not this is the exact direction in which the film will go, although it matches up with what we heard earlier today. Apparently, Marvel are very happy with the script written by Nicole Perlman, a relative unknown who came out of Disney's screenwriting program. Their sources also tell them that the studio has prioritized this over Black Panther, although Marvel Studios is also said to be working on Ant-Man, Dr. Strange and The Inhumans (as well as The Avengers 2 in 2015).

UPDATE: The Hollywood Reporter also claims to have heard from reliable sources that a Guardians of the Galaxy movie will be announced at this year's San Diego Comic-Con and reveal that, "Those in the know say the project is in line with Avengers in tone in the sense there is plenty of comedic elements on display." Nicole Perlman has written two drafts of the screenplay (she also impressed Marvel with a Black Widow solo script) and worked on Thor. Marvel is said to be on the hunt for a director.