Author Topic: CCP Spy balloon over Northern US states  (Read 8593 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: CCP Spy balloon over Northern US states
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2023, 08:14:36 PM »
What an embarrassing fiasco.  Should have been shot down the moment it crossed into Alaska.  The fact they let it be guided across the entire country, including over military sites, for an entire week, is just insane.  Who the heck is running the country?? 

I can see the Chinese people navigating this spy balloon just laughing at us.  A giant middle finger to the United States. 

Dangerous.
Unfortunately liberals will continue to support Biden even with events like this. This should be infuriating to everyone, political lines aside, this is setting a bad precedent for the future.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2023, 11:43:21 PM »
Unfortunately liberals will continue to support Biden even with events like this. This should be infuriating to everyone, political lines aside, this is setting a bad precedent for the future.

I agree.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2023, 08:19:32 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2023, 03:44:25 PM »
“Chinese spy balloon carried explosives to self-detonate“

Following the shooting down of a Chinese spy balloon over the weekend, Pentagon officials have revealed that the balloon potentially was carrying explosives to destroy itself.

According to the Daily Mail, Air Force Gen. Glen D. VanHerck, commander of US Northern Command, revealed in a Monday call with reporters that the Balloon, in addition to potentially carrying explosives, was 200 feet tall, weighed thousands of pounds, and its payload was the size of a jetliner.

VanHerck’s comments came following a briefing by National Security Council spokesman John Kirby, who defended Biden’s decision to wait to shoot down the balloon until the weekend.

"Because the president decided they wouldn't shoot it down until he could do so safely, and that meant over water, that afforded us a terrific opportunity to gain a better understanding, to study the capabilities of this balloon," Kirby said.

On the coast of South Carolina on Saturday afternoon, the US military, using an F-22 fighter jet, shot down the balloon with a missile.

Shortly before the balloon was shot down, Federal Aviation Administration had issued a ground stop for three airports in the Carolinas located in Wilmington, North Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

The balloon had entered US airspace on January 28 and was known to the Biden administration for nearly a week before its report in the news on Thursday, February 2. The White House reportedly tried to keep its presence secret to not disrupt Secretary of State Antony Blinken scheduled trip to China, which was postponed after the public's discovery of the balloon.

This is a breaking story and will be updated.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-chinese-spy-balloon-carried-explosives-to-self-detonate

Thanks, Coach, for posting this article in full. There are a couple of things of note. One is the twice used word 'potentially' which I bolded.  In this case, potentially means nothing except they do not yet know if there were explosives. In contrast, it seems 'unlikely'  because they 'probably' would have gone off when the balloon what shot down. We may never know the answer.

Helium is not flammable. So, if it was a helium balloon, it would have needed some other explosive. Helium is expensive and harder to contain. Sometimes, as was the case with the Hindenburg, large balloons are filled with hydrogen. Hydrogen is less expensive than helium and it is easier to contain.  Hydrogen is highly flammable.

According to this article you posted, shooting the balloon down over water aids in recovering the debris and revealing what it contained and possibly what its purpose was.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2023, 03:49:46 PM »
What an embarrassing fiasco.  Should have been shot down the moment it crossed into Alaska.  The fact they let it be guided across the entire country, including over military sites, for an entire week, is just insane.  Who the heck is running the country?? 

I can see the Chinese people navigating this spy balloon just laughing at us.  A giant middle finger to the United States. 

Dangerous.

Have you considered applying for employment with the Pentagon? They employ multitudes of civilians. Surely, your knowledge of matters of this nature would be invaluable.

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2023, 03:54:31 PM »
Have you considered applying for employment with the Pentagon? They employ multitudes of civilians. Surely, your knowledge of matters of this nature would be invaluable.

It is puzzling that the Pentagon failed to consult with the balloon and military experts on this site before making the decision to take this balloon down over the ocean

What could be the harm in shooting missiles into a balloon that is sixty thousand feet in the air and having it descend or drift without guidance or control

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2023, 04:20:18 PM »

::)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2023, 04:34:29 PM »
::)
x2 ::) ::) Again with the hypocrisy, it's ok for liberals to attack and speculate about the people on the right, but as soon as it comes back their way, they get upset and snarky.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2023, 04:38:45 PM »
Common sense claims another two victims.  This time supposedly balloon experts.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2023, 04:42:22 PM »
x2 ::) ::) Again with the hypocrisy, it's ok for liberals to attack and speculate about the people on the right, but as soon as it comes back their way, they get upset and snarky.

They are driven by emotion, not facts.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2023, 04:49:59 PM »
They are driven by emotion, not facts.

Claiming China is giving us the middle finger and saying we should have shot it down when it entered Alaska is stemming from facts or your emotions?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2023, 04:52:18 PM »
Claiming China is giving us the middle finger and saying we should have shot it down when it entered Alaska is stemming from facts or your emotions?

Facts, obviously.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2023, 04:53:18 PM »
Facts, obviously.

Should be easy to provide proof then.  Can you?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2023, 04:54:56 PM »
Should be easy to provide proof then.  Can you?

You like asking stupid questions.  lol

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2023, 05:02:41 PM »

You like making stupid posts. "lol"

You have no facts to support your statement.  Just opinions and emotion.  If you were a part of the National defense team, then maybe you could get away with it since there would be info that the average person doesn't know to support your claim.  But you are not.  If you were a renowned Balloon-Shoot'Em-Downer, then your expertise would be more inclined for a fact based acceptance.  But you are not.  Heck if you even were buddy-buddies with the Chinese operators on Discord, you might have a *slight* chance of being taken factually.  But you aren't and you are not. 

Opinions and emotion are not facts.  No matter how much you want them to be.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2023, 05:25:25 PM »
It's their way of deflecting from their horrible voting decisions.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2023, 05:30:16 PM »
You like making stupid posts. "lol"

You have no facts to support your statement.  Just opinions and emotion.  If you were a part of the National defense team, then maybe you could get away with it since there would be info that the average person doesn't know to support your claim.  But you are not.  If you were a renowned Balloon-Shoot'Em-Downer, then your expertise would be more inclined for a fact based acceptance.  But you are not.  Heck if you even were buddy-buddies with the Chinese operators on Discord, you might have a *slight* chance of being taken factually.  But you aren't and you are not. 

Opinions and emotion are not facts.  No matter how much you want them to be.

You communicate like a child. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2023, 05:31:08 PM »
It's their way of deflecting from their horrible voting decisions.

And they don't have to actually logically think through an issue.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2023, 05:33:09 PM »
And they don't have to actually logically think through an issue.
No sensible debate or logic based thinking going on, just regurgitating what the media says without thought.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2023, 05:36:28 PM »

Basically, I am communicating with you on your level.  So in other words, you have no answer for your lack of facts and overly emotional opinion.  Got it.  Flawed as usual.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2023, 07:30:29 PM »
Basically, I am communicating with you on your level.  So in other words, you have no answer for your lack of facts and overly emotional opinion.  Got it.  Flawed as usual.

You don't communicate on my level.  You communicate like a Middle School kid with everyone.  You take the "I know you are, but what am I?" approach to most things.  You parrot people's responses back to them because you lack original adult thoughts of your own.  But you're young.  You keep hanging around here, be openminded, and you might learn how to communicate like a big boy.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2023, 06:05:11 AM »
You don't communicate on my level.  You communicate like a Middle School kid with everyone.  You take the "I know you are, but what am I?" approach to most things.  You parrot people's responses back to them because you lack original adult thoughts of your own.  But you're young.  You keep hanging around here, be openminded, and you might learn how to communicate like a big boy.

I parrot people's responses back to them for the sheer hypocrisy involved in what they post.  Which is more effective than anything else that could be said.  I do understand you don't get that on "your level".  Hence the reason I talk like a child to you.  Because you obviously can't communicate on my level where facts and common sense make appearances.  Keep hanging around....  well, you know the rest.

The Gov

• Getbig III
  • Syphilis infected LurkingForBoys the Loser in Life
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2023, 06:50:29 AM »

Because GroomingForBoys is so used to communicating with children when he is doing his daily routine.
c

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2023, 09:31:41 AM »
Weird how all the people that have advocated attempting to shoot this balloon down over land (Alaska or the continental US) haven't explained how they would guarantee that they could control the descent in such a way that they could avoid damage to people or property AND guarantee that it landed in a place that was accessible for recovery.

Pentagon officials said last week that they decided against shooting the balloon down over land after weighing the possibility of hurting someone with falling debris against any military threat the balloon could inflict by its information gathering, which was put at none.

It weird that somehow the posters on this board have greater expertise at this kind of operation than the US military. 

I'm looking forward to learning how they would have safely shot this down over Alaska and I'm sure our military leaders are eager to learn this too so hopefully they are reading this site

https://www.statista.com/chart/29242/chinese-balloon-flight-path/

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2023, 12:05:32 PM »
Because GroomingForBoys is so used to communicating with children when he is doing his daily routine.

Pace yourself.  If you run out of internet minutes by the end of the month, who are you going to share your obsessive homo posts with?