Author Topic: Are the Adonis Principles right for Matt C?  (Read 22707 times)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Re: Are the Adonis Principles right for Matt C?
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2007, 04:39:01 PM »
Hey maybe i'll start exercising, some day... Hopefully Planet Fitness will let me in:)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2007, 04:40:29 PM »
I call bullshit. just like you do on  evry strength claim here that is halfway impressive.

Prove it muthafvcker

this doesnt sound bullshit what he says,,235lb with high teen bodyfat% at 5'10 5'11 that been at it for some time and take lifting seriously are usually super strong,,,you wont believe how much strength double digit bodyfat gives you comparing to single digit bodyfat% and at 230+ you got a strong lifter there,,

those numbers are heard of,, what he is saying is realistic and not made up,,i used to think he was big mouth and like to joke,,but hes pretty smart when it comes to bodybuilding,,he isnt lying
fallen angel

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2007, 04:42:46 PM »
this doesnt sound bullshit what he says,,235lb with high teen bodyfat% at 5'10 5'11 that been at it for some time and take lifting seriously are usually super strong,,,you wont believe how much strength double digit bodyfat gives you comparing to single digit bodyfat% and at 230+ you got a strong lifter there,,

those numbers are heard of,, what he is saying is realistic and not made up,,i used to think he was big mouth and like to joke,,but hes pretty smart when it comes to bodybuilding,,he isnt lying
thanks GH, i don't think my lifts are ANYTHING AT ALL, a 235 pound guy should be benching much more than 380 and squatting 545 for a few reps, i consider myself a little above average strength wise, nothing special at all.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2007, 04:44:37 PM »
I have a plan:

After I bulk up using these principles, hit the gh15 juicing principles.  :)

gh15 = successful businessman (seller of gear).

Good. But when you become big, don't give us the BS about having gotten big on Muscletech and BSN, and because you have great genetics and take a cooler full of meat everywhere you go, ok? ;)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2007, 04:45:30 PM »
i have a very hard time believing that you're 5-6 percent at 210 but anyway my last squat workout was 545 for 5 right at parallel, i'm 5'11" 235 and my bodyfat is probably high teens to twenty percent.

High teens to 20%??  Do you honestly think you are in any position to be calling someone fat?  Not trying to start shit....just curious how you can come across like that?

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2007, 04:46:18 PM »
gh15, you've previously stated that starting a considerable cycle, or at least already being on gear, and pouring in quality calories after having achieved a very low bodyfat, is the way to the fastest muscle gain.  Don't you think Matt C, regardless of gear intake, would look better sooner, and carry more muscle than he does now, by aiming to first take his bodyweight down instead of up?  I'd like for you to elaborate on this if you don't mind.    

He stated before that you should have a lower bodyfat before starting gear because you'll see better results in conditioning that is all.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2007, 04:46:40 PM »
High teens to 20%??  Do you honestly think you are in any position to be calling someone fat?  Not trying to start shit....just curious how you can come across like that?
i'm not fat, i'm not ripped or really lean but i'm not fat.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »
thanks GH, i don't think my lifts are ANYTHING AT ALL, a 235 pound guy should be benching much more than 380 and squatting 545 for a few reps, i consider myself a little above average strength wise, nothing special at all.

Based on those numbers, which I fully believe, in Gold's Venice you'd be one of the strongest people currently training there.  Mike O' Hearn goes up to 585 or so on at least a semi-regular basis, although I'm not sure for how many reps...5-6 would sound about right.  I consider him the strongest, most consistent lifter in the gym.  Given your stats, I'd say he's just a little taller than you, and probably about the same bodyweight but leaner.  Just to put things in perspective here, maybe you should give yourself a little more credit.  You just don't see people squatting over 500 for deep reps.  Most people can count on one hand the number of people they've ever witnessed do that unless you go to world-class powerlifting meets all the time.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.             

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »

according to bodyfat charts, anywhere between 15%-22% of bodyfat is considered normal for an adult male.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2007, 04:50:44 PM »
Based on those numbers, which I fully believe, in Gold's Venice you'd be one of the strongest people currently training there.  Mike O' Hearn goes up to 585 or so on at least a semi-regular basis, I'm not sure for how many reps.  I consider him the strongest, most consistent lifter in the gym.  Given your stats, I'd say he's just a little taller than you, and probably about the same bodyweight but leaner.  Just to put things in perspective here.      
i'm NOWHERE NEAR as lean or strong or developed as Mike O'Hearn, that's the truth.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »
i'm not fat, i'm not ripped or really lean but i'm not fat.

I suppose, just thinking about what 15% - 20% looks like....and that not all that lean.  When I was 13%, I felt like I was a tub o' crap.  Oh, well....just asking.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2007, 04:51:22 PM »
i'm NOWHERE NEAR as lean or strong or developed as Mike O'Hearn, that's the truth.

But I bet you could make him or anyone else at Gold's cry within a few minutes :)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2007, 04:51:53 PM »

You mean "all natural" Mike O'Hearn......HA HA HA

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2007, 04:52:09 PM »
Based on those numbers, which I fully believe, in Gold's Venice you'd be one of the strongest people currently training there.  Mike O' Hearn goes up to 585 or so on at least a semi-regular basis, I'm not sure for how many reps.  I consider him the strongest, most consistent lifter in the gym.  Given your stats, I'd say he's just a little taller than you, and probably about the same bodyweight but leaner.  Just to put things in perspective here.      

fuck mike o'hearn, squadfther owns him.,

and hes fucking natural at the moment, clean for three years, o hearn is probably most likely "on".

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2007, 04:52:56 PM »
I suppose, just thinking about what 15% - 20% looks like....and that not all that lean.  When I was 13%, I felt like I was a tub o' crap.  Oh, well....just asking.
well compared to a competitive bodybuilder 13-15 percent is a "slob" or "sloppy" but competitive bb'ers are some of the leanest people on earth.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2007, 04:53:13 PM »

are those squats with free weights or smith? My best is roughly (I don't know the exact weight of the smith bar) 495 for 10 on smith with a bodyweight of 200lbs

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2007, 04:53:38 PM »

and hes fucking natural at the moment, clean for three years, o hearn is probably most likely "on".

I don't think Squadfather's claiming to be clean.  

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2007, 04:54:04 PM »

Yes he is methhead.
E

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2007, 04:54:10 PM »

thanks DP, yeah Mike claims to be natural but come on does anyone believe that?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2007, 04:54:48 PM »

clean for three years.

hes a strong mofo.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2007, 04:55:08 PM »
are those squats with free weights or smith? My best is roughly (I don't know the exact weight of the smith bar) 495 for 10 on smith with a bodyweight of 200lbs
that's damn good, i do regular barbell squats.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2007, 04:56:13 PM »
no i'm not, i've done plenty of stuff but i haven't touched a thing since a few bottles of QV Enanthate in spring/summer 03.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2007, 04:57:10 PM »
gh15, you've previously stated that starting a considerable cycle, or at least already being on gear, and pouring in quality calories after having achieved a very low bodyfat, is the way to the fastest muscle gain.  Don't you think Matt C, regardless of gear intake, would look better sooner, and carry more muscle than he does now, by aiming to first take his bodyweight down instead of up?  I'd like for you to elaborate on this if you don't mind.    

mattc in my opinion hold low bodyfat%,,,its not that his bodyfat is in the single digit,,it is how and where he hold his bodyfat,,

he is i say 10-13% in any given day,,now at this level of bodyfat i would first bulk,,,why? because it is good bodyfat to grow on,,,he will grow up to 220 and be 10-11% then cut down to 190 and be 6% and i think that is what he wants,,

you can do it in many ways,,,BUT from looking at mattc and seeing the  way his arms are shaped and over all composition,,this guy will put on good quality mass pretty fast on gear,,,he wont be fat,,,he may be somewhat softer  and little boated but it will be good size that he wil be able to play with later on,,

the problem of mattc is his pecs,,i think it is genetic,,his arms are very well developed for a 190pounder and so is his delts,, so they might do the job while benching instead of the pecs,,gear wont grow you new pecs,,but it will grow you in general to new dimentions if you responds well to it,,and i think he will respond very well to it,,mark my words,,at 190 later on he will have sculpted physiqe hard dry ruggedy and cut well and that will make him look bigger,,

he has good build and something to work with,,he will look very good
fallen angel

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2007, 04:57:54 PM »
no i'm not, i've done plenty of stuff but i haven't touched a thing since a few bottles of QV Enanthate in spring/summer 03.

How much do you estimate you'd be squatting if you were to go on something?  

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2007, 05:00:32 PM »
How much do you estimate you'd be squatting if you were to go on something?  
it depends, i've always made easy gains on my squat and deadlift so if i were to cycle again i would more than likely focus on my bench and chest which i'm currently doing anyway, i'd absolutely love to do 405 on the bench but i don't know if that's possible.