Author Topic: Angel ***UPDATES***  (Read 36749 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Angel ***UPDATES***
« on: September 26, 2013, 06:17:58 PM »
This is Angel.

A neighbor found her lying in the middle of a busy road last week.  She was near death (still is).
The vet said she may have been able to hold on another 24 hours if she hadn't been found.  She was covered in fleas.  Her teeth look pretty good and the vet figures her to be about 6 years old.  She weighed about 9 pounds.  She has been eating and drinking small amounts and is SLOWLY putting on weight (a few ounces this week).  Her coat looks good.  She may have recently had puppies ~ vet said it's hard to tell with her emaciated condition.  She is just now being able to stand and slowly walk without falling over.  She doesn't seem to react to any noise or movement.   :-[ These pictures do not depict how small and thin she is.  Literally a skeleton with skin.  I will keep posting updates as she progresses.

There is a special place in HELL for whoever did this to her.
 >:( >:( >:(

Having trouble uploading pics - error saying there's no room on server >:(
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Angel
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 06:31:07 PM »

:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 06:45:32 PM »
:

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 01:48:57 PM »
 :(

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 01:49:38 PM »
Is she deaf? Or too exhausted?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 03:16:55 PM »
Is she deaf? Or too exhausted?

I'm not sure.  It was my observation.  For some reason they hadn't noticed.  Maybe brain damage  ???  They're good hearted people, but not real bright.  I wish I could take her home  :'(
:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 05:45:34 PM »
poor thing, thanks for rescuing her L

I have never known a mean beagle...

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 01:49:01 AM »

I'm not sure.  It was my observation.  For some reason they hadn't noticed.  Maybe brain damage  ???  They're good hearted people, but not real bright.  I wish I could take her home  :'(

Is she in good hands though?

Let us know how she progresses.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 06:12:28 AM »
Is she in good hands though?

Let us know how she progresses.

Yes, like I said, they're good hearted people.  They have 3 other dogs.  They are providing her with veterinary care, although I kinda question his advice.  He told them to feed her ANYTHING she wants to put on weight.  They've been giving her macaroni and cheese  ::) among other things. 
:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 07:45:17 PM »
Elephantos should have screened this for me :(
R

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 01:25:46 AM »
Yes, like I said, they're good hearted people.  They have 3 other dogs.  They are providing her with veterinary care, although I kinda question his advice.  He told them to feed her ANYTHING she wants to put on weight.  They've been giving her macaroni and cheese  ::) among other things. 

Mac and cheese?  ::)

Shouldn't they be feeding her easily digestible foods, like milk?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 09:12:40 AM »
She's up to 12 pounds.  Still can barely stand, walk or sit.  Poor baby piddles when laying down.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 09:13:49 AM »
Her eyes can tell the story :'(
:

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 10:01:31 AM »
That's a sad doggie :(

Poor thing, I hope she gets well soon.

emerald37

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 05:14:54 AM »

My heart goes out to the dog who was forced to go through this type of suffering. I have a big heart for animals and this photo made me very sad.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 06:59:17 PM »
Hey L,

any update?

how is she doing?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 05:28:27 PM »
Hey L,

any update?

how is she doing?

Sadly, she doesn't seem to be getting any better to me  :'(  I guess she's put on 4 ounces this week.  Supposedly she eats and drinks well and poops well.  Still; she can hardly stand or hold her head up.  It just breaks my heart.  I want to take her.  They mean well, but just not the action I would take.  Tonight they gave her hamburger helper and baked potato with sour cream ::)  I guess they have a vet coming over again on Monday.
:

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 03:34:15 AM »
Sadly, she doesn't seem to be getting any better to me  :'(  I guess she's put on 4 ounces this week.  Supposedly she eats and drinks well and poops well.  Still; she can hardly stand or hold her head up.  It just breaks my heart.  I want to take her.  They mean well, but just not the action I would take.  Tonight they gave her hamburger helper and baked potato with sour cream ::)  I guess they have a vet coming over again on Monday.

::) ::) ::) ::) If I roll my eyes any further they will pop out of my head...

I'm thinking there could be an underlying condition, still feeding the poor thing processed food is not going to help.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »
ahhhhh poor thing....

those pictures are heartbreaking, I will pray for her

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 06:25:39 PM »
Find who did this and cut their throat.....look into their eyes as they drift away, then smile, and pull their tongue through the slit.

emerald37

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 08:41:30 AM »
Miracles do happen, and may this adorable pooch beat the odds.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 01:15:43 PM »
I don't know how much longer I can take it!  Every time I text or talk to them and ask how she's doing, they say great.  I was just over there again and IMO there's not ANY improvement.  NONE.  She's still as emaciated as ever, can't stand, can't hold her head up.  At this point, you'd think there would be some change.  :'(  Any suggestions on how I can talk them into giving her to me?  This just breaks my heart  :'( :'(
:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 04:55:26 PM »
I don't know how much longer I can take it!  Every time I text or talk to them and ask how she's doing, they say great.  I was just over there again and IMO there's not ANY improvement.  NONE.  She's still as emaciated as ever, can't stand, can't hold her head up.  At this point, you'd think there would be some change.  :'(  Any suggestions on how I can talk them into giving her to me?  This just breaks my heart  :'( :'(
put her on the scale and see what if any changes have happend. This will give you some concrete evidence instead of going of feelings. Is she staying at the vets?

If its a Vet, I imagine you could tell them you want to take her home as you feel responsible for her and that you thank them for their help in getting her stabilized and that would work.

If its just a family that has taken her in, I think if you could make something up like wanting her to be around other dogs if they dont have any or that you made a mistake giving her away and would like to know if you could have her back.

good luck L and keep us posted, I hope she gets better so she can be the getbig mascot!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2013, 10:22:54 AM »
put her on the scale and see what if any changes have happend. This will give you some concrete evidence instead of going of feelings. Is she staying at the vets?

If its a Vet, I imagine you could tell them you want to take her home as you feel responsible for her and that you thank them for their help in getting her stabilized and that would work.

If its just a family that has taken her in, I think if you could make something up like wanting her to be around other dogs if they dont have any or that you made a mistake giving her away and would like to know if you could have her back.

good luck L and keep us posted, I hope she gets better so she can be the getbig mascot!!!

It's a neighbor.  The woman found her on a road keeled over about ready to die.  They have 3 very large and rambunctious labs.  I'm so afraid they will accidentally hurt her.  They've had a vet to the house twice, but now I question his judgement.  Surly there should've been some improvement by now.  It sounds like they're doing a lot right so I don't know what I would do different except get another vet opinion and certainly not feed her mac 'n cheese.  I also don't have two little toddlers frequently visiting.
:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2013, 02:32:33 PM »

It's a neighbor.  The woman found her on a road keeled over about ready to die.  They have 3 very large and rambunctious labs.  I'm so afraid they will accidentally hurt her.  They've had a vet to the house twice, but now I question his judgement.  Surly there should've been some improvement by now.  It sounds like they're doing a lot right so I don't know what I would do different except get another vet opinion and certainly not feed her mac 'n cheese.  I also don't have two little toddlers frequently visiting.

I think you could be honest with them and tell them that she doesnt seem to get better and ask if they have thought about getting a second opinion from another vet. If she isnt gaining weight, that to me is a pretty good sign she isnt getting much better.