Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 754200 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6250 on: May 04, 2021, 05:40:15 AM »
Thanks for sharing. I think we were just debating the true value of certain assets at the present moment and what that could potentially mean moving forward.

I apologize to any fellow getbiggers I may have offended.

There is a range of opinions but that is good because you can use those to reflect on your own.

The problem we face this cycle is BTC can’t stretch it’s legs. It overheats almost immediately. 40k overheat, 54k overheat, 62k overheat, 64k overheat etc.

That same overheating is looking to me like we are rallying earlier than the 2017 model which means an earlier top than expected.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6251 on: May 04, 2021, 06:14:28 AM »
There is a range of opinions but that is good because you can use those to reflect on your own.

The problem we face this cycle is BTC can’t stretch it’s legs. It overheats almost immediately. 40k overheat, 54k overheat, 62k overheat, 64k overheat etc.

That same overheating is looking to me like we are rallying earlier than the 2017 model which means an earlier top than expected.

By overheating are you also meaning FOMO and the subsequent sell-off that will eventually lead to the sell off that kick starts the bear market?

By the way you were very very close with one of your price predictions in a conversation we had a while back via pm. Good call.

Gitur

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6252 on: May 04, 2021, 07:30:00 AM »
Wonder what Doge will hit once Elon is on SNL this upcoming Saturday  ;)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6253 on: May 04, 2021, 07:46:05 AM »
Btc down to 54.6k.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6254 on: May 04, 2021, 07:48:00 AM »

$1.00?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #6255 on: May 04, 2021, 07:52:07 AM »
Btc down to 54.6k.

It's over - 2k by the end of the year.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6256 on: May 04, 2021, 08:59:07 AM »
Doge became available on etoro yesterday, so is now far easier to buy for many.

It's will probably be closer to $3 if it gets pumped in SNL, but I see him pumping green energy and cryptos in general and how going forward they'll have a symbiotic relationship.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6257 on: May 04, 2021, 09:11:11 AM »
Doge became available on etoro yesterday, so is now far easier to buy for many.

It's will probably be closer to $3 if it gets pumped in SNL, but I see him pumping green energy and cryptos in general and how going forward they'll have a symbiotic relationship.

Worth the risk IMO.

It's a pump a dump sh*tcoin but if I can make money on it I will.

Most of the people buying will probably know next to zero about crypto, just that it's a cute dog coin backed by Elon Musk.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6258 on: May 04, 2021, 09:40:08 AM »
https://decrypt.co/69882/gemini-dogecoin-trading-frenzy-robinhood-down-again?&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=feed&utm_source=coinmarketcap

Gemini Adds Dogecoin as Trading Frenzy Crashes Robinhood Again

Gemini, a cryptocurrency exchange led by Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, today buckled under the pressure of meme coin demand, at last adding Dogecoin to its trading platform. Meanwhile, Robinhood, likely the most popular US trading app that supports DOGE, went down following Dogecoin’s ongoing price surge above $0.60.

“Dogecoin is the people’s money. It’s organic, irreverent, and fun. It’s not forced on us by a government or some other central authority, it’s chosen by us, for us—by the people, for the people. Wow,” Tyler Winklevoss, CEO of Gemini, said in a statement today.

The announcement comes at a much-wow time for Dogecoin as it’s now become the fourth most valued cryptocurrency with a market cap of $76.8 billion, as per Nomics data.

Meanwhile, Robinhood’s cryptocurrency service went down most likely due to a surge in demand for Dogecoin overwhelming its servers—a problem that’s too familiar to the app from last month. Yesterday, social trading platform eToro also listed Dogecoin, making the meme coin one of the few cryptocurrencies listed outside cryptocurrency exchanges.

Even though many cryptocurrency exchanges such as Binance and Kraken list Dogecoin, Gemini’s listing today marks a milestone in the crypto industry as its CEO has thrown his unapologetic support behind the meme coin. By contrast, leading US crypto exchange Coinbase still doesn’t support Dogecoin, and there is currently no sign it ever will.

In a move that’s set to irk Bitcoin maximalists, Winklevoss generously compared Dogecoin to Bitcoin in that both “give the control of money back to the people.” Dogecoin, he said, carries the flag of Bitcoin. “Yes, it’s a meme coin, but all money is a meme. And all money is both an idea and a matter of faith or belief in it,” he explained, anticipating the common criticism—and the truth, really—that Dogecoin was invented as a joke.

But Winklevoss doesn’t downplay Dogecoins origins—in fact, he relishes them. “It turns the idea of money being something that’s issued by an authority —a conceit—on its head,” he said.

“They say there’s some truth in every joke. Dogecoin’s value is its punchline.”

If this all sounds very familiar, that’s because billionaire Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban essentially said the same thing himself yesterday. In a tweet storm in which he called Bitcoin “financial religion,” the Shark Tank investor also (again) praised Dogecoin: “Yes, a joke is now legit,” he wrote.

But critics say the Dogecoin party won’t last—it can’t, they say, given the coin’s economics: DOGE supply isn’t capped unlike many other cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. By design, 5 billion DOGE is released into circulation every year, and its development team abandoned the project years ago, so there’s no one around to change that.

Tyler Winklevoss, however, begs to differ on the economics: DOGE is, in fact, “disinflationary,” he says. Five billion DOGE will be a drop in the ocean as more people begin exchanging the coin, so the demand for DOGE will easily surpass its supply, he argued in the post. In that sense, it isn’t any different from Ethereum, he said, referring to the currently uncapped supply of Ethereum. But unlike Dogecoin, there are concrete plans underway to cap Ethereum’s supply.

“Recently, demand for Dogecoin has oustripped its supply. As a result, its price has been mooning. The people are speaking,” Winklevoss said.

Dogecoin is in for a long ride this week.

Elon Musk, the self-styled Dogefather, will make his debut on May 8 as a host on comedy show Saturday Night Live. He’s expected to signal-boost “the people’s money,” and the anticipation alone jacked up the price by 10% last weekend.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6259 on: May 04, 2021, 02:07:34 PM »
You're hilarious. If it loses 30% , hey just zoom out. If it goes parabolic, hey just zoom out. You're in an echo chamber listening to  nothing but videos that share your sentiment that this is perfectly normal growth. All im asking for is reasonable sustainable upside movement and reminding people to take profits when the opportunity is there. This doesn't look normal to me .and any suggestion of this has your underwear in a bunch.

Ffs, doge is at ATH. A completely useless coin that has zero fucking case use and is only up because its so cheap and  some billionaires pump it. But hey, just zoom out. Celebrities endorse it, must be good and its market cap is reflective of a healthy environment, right?

This scenerio played out before, how did it work out?
George says things are perfectly fine no matter if BTC is at 58k or going down to 47k. I bet he says everything is fine if it gets to 33k.
Half the videos you post are of guys that called target of 70k and 80k, 100k, 200k, back to  64k, 72k, even 1 million dollars  etc....and told viewers to go long only to have things head down. How about I post of video of Chris shitting his pants saying the end looks like its here right after making those ridiculous long calls. Oops sorry guys.  Yoiure on your own now. Exactly as predicted lol
Inflation is a big problem. Prices have gone up in many sectors. Lumber is a lot more. Computer equipment up. Gas up. Cryptos are a hedge against inflation. USD cash is trash. Expect the bull run to continue as more people seek a haven from inflation.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-buffett-is-right-inflation-is-running-rampant-105340040.html

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-buffett-we-are-seeing-substantial-inflation-and-are-raising-prices-220539307.html

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6260 on: May 04, 2021, 02:11:57 PM »
Thanks for sharing. I think we were just debating the true value of certain assets at the present moment and what that could potentially mean moving forward.

I apologize to any fellow getbiggers I may have offended.
Hey bro I did not see you offend anyone. Unless I missed a post it appeared all very civil to me lol!

You have valid concerns. I am just seeing inflation as a big issue and I don't think the general public realize this because they trust what the government tells them. Well not all, mostly the Biden voters. Many people realize the Fed's claim about moderate inflation is BS. So I see the crypto market marching forward. If there was minimal inflation and banks offered decent interest rates for savings accounts then I don't see cryptos gaining the traction they are getting. But this is not the case.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6261 on: May 04, 2021, 02:13:29 PM »
Well while I am having a good chuckle at the carnage in these last pages I also don’t like to see the few who remain arguing.

My take is this. Something will go wrong. 95% will lose and you guys are already arguing over everything so there you go.

This is what I think could happen in the shortest possible timeframe.

ETH rally continues and hits 19k-20k in mid June.

BTC begins to rally in May which adds fuel to The ETH rally. BTC will be 130k in June which is what allows the ETH peak and then hits 200k in July.

Market blows up and fucks everybody because nobody expects ETH to lead BTC to a market cycle top.

The downside will be utterly brutal. Heinous. Carnage. Wreckt. Fucks 95% of people. Bear market into the 2022 whilst social media people brag about having diamond hands.

That’s my take.
Unless inflation keeps going up in the fiat world. Then the bull run could go on for as long as that is the case. How do you see them solving the fiat crisis? I don't see a way out. Fiat is doomed, the question is for how long. Central banks creating digital currencies will not work either if it follows the same model as fiat.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6262 on: May 04, 2021, 02:15:05 PM »
I've heard up to 68 cents or even $1. Expect the price to correct on Saturday as the hype is priced in. I would expect people to start selling on Friday evening early Saturday.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6263 on: May 04, 2021, 02:26:54 PM »
Worth the risk IMO.

It's a pump a dump sh*tcoin but if I can make money on it I will.

Most of the people buying will probably know next to zero about crypto, just that it's a cute dog coin backed by Elon Musk.
It's not a meme coin anymore. The Dallas Mavericks are selling a ton of merchandise with it. Don't forget the market cap is now a lot bigger than Bank of America, Ford and a few others. There will be a ton of developers working on improving the security of it. Doge is here to stay imo and is one of the oldest cryptocurrencies.

Also Doge reminds of the word Dollar. Just shorter, like bucks.

"I'll give you 10 Doge for that bike."

"I'll give you 10 Bucks for that bike."

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6264 on: May 04, 2021, 02:36:11 PM »
I've heard up to 68 cents or even $1. Expect the price to correct on Saturday as the hype is priced in. I would expect people to start selling on Friday evening early Saturday.

I just cant wrap my head around it. Doge is what people like Anabolic saw in Bitcoin. Absolute worthless garbage thats only initial value grew because a couple of guys thought it was clever enough to notice that we live in brain dead society that  swollows any shit that comes out a celebrities mouth and they pumped Doge, to their benefit. in myu eyes, it stains all crypto and makes it all one giant joke to some degree.

Its because of this that I start to really wonder if the same thing happened on masse with bitcoin and all the other crypto currencies. The only difference is the real case use for some of them but that they are still waaaaaayy overvalued because of all the internet hype.

On another note, heres something else that isnt completely clear to me,  why would BTC go down in any type of  bear market if inflation is the worry? Inflation is ongoing. So why would there be a big crash? Or is the big crash only in reference to the shitcoins? 

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6265 on: May 04, 2021, 02:51:22 PM »
Unless inflation keeps going up in the fiat world. Then the bull run could go on for as long as that is the case. How do you see them solving the fiat crisis? I don't see a way out. Fiat is doomed, the question is for how long. Central banks creating digital currencies will not work either if it follows the same model as fiat.

I follow the money supply as a general thing which is what led me into crypto as an escape post pandemic.

It can be an ongoing upward mountain providing incoming capital is enough to overcome the core influence of the halving. Has that happened yet? No and it overheats the minute it tries to get legs because it can’t cope with the inflow. It’s this exact thing which is why my targets never got hit, hell I’ve been calling to 74k for yonks without result, it blows up!

So the trend remains and we will have a parabolic top just like every time before.

After the downside and bottoming out, I think we will see excellent growth each year up until the next parabolic run.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6266 on: May 04, 2021, 03:01:47 PM »
By overheating are you also meaning FOMO and the subsequent sell-off that will eventually lead to the sell off that kick starts the bear market?

By the way you were very very close with one of your price predictions in a conversation we had a while back via pm. Good call.

My price calls were shit due to this overheating trend which is what start my whole, something is wrong because nothing is behaving like it should questioning.

By overheating I’ll use this example:

You have a garden hose plugged into a fire hydrant. You open the valve and the amount of flow causes huge pressure and heats up the hose to the point you quickly turn the valve off.

We saw this at 42k, 54k, 64. Rapid explosive movements upwards that got shut down almost immediately for weeks! This is why my price calls never got legs, it can’t cope with the capital trying to get through a garden hose.

I’ll explain why we will have a parabolic event sooner rather than later.

After 3 months of not turning on our garden hose we decide fuck it, YOLO and keep the valve open. The water flows like a mofo, it heats up like crazy but we keep it open and the end result is the hose explodes..... no more hose, capital can’t get in and water drains away.

After this plays out we come back with a bigger hose and start again and this time we can allow more flow.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6267 on: May 04, 2021, 03:29:39 PM »
My price calls were shit due to this overheating trend which is what start my whole, something is wrong because nothing is behaving like it should questioning.

By overheating I’ll use this example:

You have a garden hose plugged into a fire hydrant. You open the valve and the amount of flow causes huge pressure and heats up the hose to the point you quickly turn the valve off.

We saw this at 42k, 54k, 64. Rapid explosive movements upwards that got shut down almost immediately for weeks! This is why my price calls never got legs, it can’t cope with the capital trying to get through a garden hose.

I’ll explain why we will have a parabolic event sooner rather than later.

After 3 months of not turning on our garden hose we decide fuck it, YOLO and keep the valve open. The water flows like a mofo, it heats up like crazy but we keep it open and the end result is the hose explodes..... no more hose, capital can’t get in and water drains away.

After this plays out we come back with a bigger hose and start again and this time we can allow more flow.

I meant the Ethereum price to BTC.  You said eth would be at 3000 dollars when btc was near 60k and I think it was close to 58k.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6268 on: May 04, 2021, 03:32:58 PM »
I meant the Ethereum price to BTC.  You said eth would be at 3000 dollars when btc was near 60k and I think it was close to 58k.

Yeah but I’d throw that out because it doesn’t much matter anymore because I believe the timeline has changed.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6269 on: May 04, 2021, 03:41:38 PM »
It's not a meme coin anymore. The Dallas Mavericks are selling a ton of merchandise with it. Don't forget the market cap is now a lot bigger than Bank of America, Ford and a few others. There will be a ton of developers working on improving the security of it. Doge is here to stay imo and is one of the oldest cryptocurrencies.

Also Doge reminds of the word Dollar. Just shorter, like bucks.

"I'll give you 10 Doge for that bike."

"I'll give you 10 Bucks for that bike."

It's just too much risk for me now at these prices.

Bitcoin, Ethereum or another coin with good fundamentals I can justify, with Doge it feels like 100% gambling.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6270 on: May 04, 2021, 03:57:27 PM »
I just cant wrap my head around it. Doge is what people like Anabolic saw in Bitcoin. Absolute worthless garbage thats only initial value grew because a couple of guys thought it was clever enough to notice that we live in brain dead society that  swollows any shit that comes out a celebrities mouth and they pumped Doge, to their benefit. in myu eyes, it stains all crypto and makes it all one giant joke to some degree.

Its because of this that I start to really wonder if the same thing happened on masse with bitcoin and all the other crypto currencies. The only difference is the real case use for some of them but that they are still waaaaaayy overvalued because of all the internet hype.

On another note, heres something else that isnt completely clear to me,  why would BTC go down in any type of  bear market if inflation is the worry? Inflation is ongoing. So why would there be a big crash? Or is the big crash only in reference to the shitcoins?
Bitcoin did not crash. It is still at $54,000.

Look at the risk to reward situation right now for new money coming in. Are they going to dump $10,000 into Bitcoin that's already expensive and will see smaller gains? For Bitcoin to double in price it would have to add a whopping $54,000 to $108,000 with a market cap of over $2 trillion.

For Doge to double takes a lot less capital. The risk to reward is better with Doge. You are taking a risk but the reward could be huge. That's what grabs people. That's what Alex Becker is saying on his channel. He thinks Cardano will outperform Ethereum because of it's smaller market cap. Unless Charles Hoskinson shits the bed lol!

Bitcoin was once where Doge was. There was a time where it was worth only a dollar or less.

Ethereum will have the same problem Bitcoin faces as the value increases. It will increase by smaller percentages compared to a lower market cap asset. Of course it might be more resistant to massive price corrections also.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6271 on: May 04, 2021, 03:59:48 PM »
It's just too much risk for me now at these prices.

Bitcoin, Ethereum or another coin with good fundamentals I can justify, with Doge it feels like 100% gambling.
The fundamentals are good with Doge. Go read the news headlines. Many people want it to succeed. That's a huge plus. Businesses are getting onboard.

The risk to reward with Doge is higher. More risk, but also more reward. People look at Bitcoin and see the price not moving as much. They want returns. Look at how much all these coins went up the past year. Bitcoin was outperformed by many. Doge completely wiped the floor with everything else.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/newegg-now-accepting-dogecoin-payments-053200000.html

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6272 on: May 04, 2021, 04:05:51 PM »
Bitcoin did not crash. It is still at $54,000.

Look at the risk to reward situation right now for new money coming in. Are they going to dump $10,000 into Bitcoin that's already expensive and will see smaller gains? For Bitcoin to double in price it would have to add a whopping $54,000 to $108,000 with a market cap of over $2 trillion.

For Doge to double takes a lot less capital. The risk to reward is better with Doge. You are taking a risk but the reward could be huge. That's what grabs people. That's what Alex Becker is saying on his channel. He thinks Cardano will outperform Ethereum because of it's smaller market cap. Unless Charles Hoskinson shits the bed lol!

Bitcoin was once where Doge was. There was a time where it was worth only a dollar or less.

Ethereum will have the same problem Bitcoin faces as the value increases. It will increase by smaller percentages compared to a lower market cap asset. Of course it might be more resistant to massive price corrections also.

I meant, why would it crash like it has in the past?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6273 on: May 04, 2021, 04:16:18 PM »
I meant, why would it crash like it has in the past?
The inflation narrative only recently became a bigger concern for institutional investors. In 2017-2020 it was not as evident. And back then Bitcoin and cryptos were still an unknown entity. So the price went up a lot and early, savvy investors that had seen market corrections in years prior saw huge profits and sold and bought more at the bottom. Meanwhile newbies had just got in and the rug was pulled out from under them.

That being said there will be corrections moving forward. Will it crash 90% as happened in 2018-2019? I don't think so but I guess anything is possible. What happens if WW3 breaks out? Will crypto survive that? Or the stock market sees a big correction?

Nobody knows what's going to happen. it's a wild ride that's for sure.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6274 on: May 04, 2021, 04:25:04 PM »
The fundamentals are good with Doge. Go read the news headlines. Many people want it to succeed. That's a huge plus. Businesses are getting onboard.

The risk to reward with Doge is higher. More risk, but also more reward. People look at Bitcoin and see the price not moving as much. They want returns. Look at how much all these coins went up the past year. Bitcoin was outperformed by many. Doge completely wiped the floor with everything else.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/newegg-now-accepting-dogecoin-payments-053200000.html

Do you really believe that? Most doge is held by a few whales. Unless they spread that out Doge won't go anywhere other than making a few whales very rich. Even musk issued an ultimate to them whales to release some of their doge otherwise he was done with it.

Also well done Newegg.  They have just got themselves some crazy publicity just for accepting doge.