Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 728681 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6275 on: May 04, 2021, 05:58:18 PM »
Do you really believe that? Most doge is held by a few whales. Unless they spread that out Doge won't go anywhere other than making a few whales very rich. Even musk issued an ultimate to them whales to release some of their doge otherwise he was done with it.

Also well done Newegg.  They have just got themselves some crazy publicity just for accepting doge.

100% agree.

It really needs to be done away with. Its an embarrassment to crypto.and all the influencers are dry humping it to hell and back.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #6276 on: May 04, 2021, 06:03:56 PM »
what's the best site to buy crypto for the least fees if you're a very small time investor? (not robinhood though)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6277 on: May 04, 2021, 09:15:23 PM »
Over $375 Million ETH Shorts Liquidated in a Day..

Fingers well and truly burnt for some people there. Ouch!

https://cryptopotato.com/over-375-million-shorts-liquidated-in-a-day-as-eth-price-tapped-3450/

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6278 on: May 04, 2021, 11:44:27 PM »
The fundamentals are good with Doge. Go read the news headlines. Many people want it to succeed. That's a huge plus. Businesses are getting onboard.

The risk to reward with Doge is higher. More risk, but also more reward. People look at Bitcoin and see the price not moving as much. They want returns. Look at how much all these coins went up the past year. Bitcoin was outperformed by many. Doge completely wiped the floor with everything else.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/newegg-now-accepting-dogecoin-payments-053200000.html

Where do you think it will go from here?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6279 on: May 05, 2021, 12:04:11 AM »
100% agree.

It really needs to be done away with. Its an embarrassment to crypto.and all the influencers are dry humping it to hell and back.
Well then this won't make you happy. Doge is now #3 lmao! I don't get the hate for Doge from some. You should be fucking embracing it. My profits at this price is over $100,000! I really wish I sold more ETH for this beauty!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6280 on: May 05, 2021, 12:13:11 AM »
Where do you think it will go from here?
I have no idea but I think $1 will happen. A lot sooner than we thought. Now the question is how high can it go?

Elon Musk has suggested it would be ironic if Doge, the meme joke coin, became the world's currency. If that happens what kind of market cap would it need to have?

If I read the stats from this link correctly then the USD alone has a circulating supply of $20 trillion?

https://www.fiatmarketcap.com/#:~:text=Top%20Fiat%20Currencies%20by%20Market%20Capitalization%20%20,%201%2C499%2C349%2C000%2C000%2C000%20JPY%20%2028%20more%20rows%20

Now you have to factor in all the other world currencies. For shits and giggles let's just say Doge eventually has a market cap of $20 trillion. That would mean a little more than a 200x from now if my math is correct. That's a $200 Doge.

This is all just wild speculation.

Could Doge go as high as $2-3 this year? Who knows. I do plan on accumulating more if there is a good dip.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6281 on: May 05, 2021, 12:24:28 AM »
https://ambcrypto.com/here-are-the-conditions-for-dogecoin-to-become-a-viable-currency/

Dogecoin’s year-to-date gains of 6580% have made a serious case for its inclusion across top portfolios. Although DOGE’s success has faced constant scrutiny, the meme coin remains unaffected by it. At the time of writing, DOGE was trading just below the $0.41 mark.

One of the coin’s faithful promoters, Mark Cuban of the Dallas Mavericks recently addressed DOGE’s potential transition to a viable currency in a series of tweets. He stated:

“Meme coins like Doge only work if they gain utility and users use them for that utility. As long as you can spend Doge, because we know it’s annual inflation rate is set at 5B coins, it can gain SOME value as the utility grows. It becomes like any other currency.” he said in one of his many tweets.

The Shark Tank star added:

“As long as more companies take doge for products/services, then Doge can be a usable currency because it MAY hold its purchasing value better than a $ in your bank. If interest rates skyrocket or the amount spent falls or stagnates, so will Doge. Yes, a joke is now legit”

Moving on to another Dogecoin promoter, the Tesla CEO had long resorted to tweeting about DOGE, with quite a few of his tweets triggering a DOGE rally incomparable to the ones noted by the rest of the market. Just look at his most recent tweet –

The Dogefather
SNL May 8

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 28, 2021

Within a period of fewer than 4 hours, DOGE registered a 25% incline on the charts, surging from $0.26 to $0.32 at the given date.

On the contrary, many skeptics still proclaim DOGE to be nothing more than a meme and a bubble. According to them, Dogecoin’s bubble, hence, will pop. The question is – When?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6282 on: May 05, 2021, 01:42:45 AM »
Well then this won't make you happy. Doge is now #3 lmao! I don't get the hate for Doge from some. You should be fucking embracing it. My profits at this price is over $100,000! I really wish I sold more ETH for this beauty!

Congrats man.  but,
Yup, now I'm pretty sure  crypto is officially  a joke for trading Pokémon cards and crappy digital art masquerading as something world shattering and Doge is the equivalent of My Pet Rock being a top stock on the Nasdaq.

Sad that so many people have worked so hard on so.many things  and are being over shadowed by this. I think its an telling sign at how outnof touch  things have become and how desperate people are to find gold overnight.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6283 on: May 05, 2021, 02:51:47 AM »
Congrats man.  but,
Yup, now I'm pretty sure  crypto is officially  a joke for trading Pokémon cards and crappy digital art masquerading as something world shattering and Doge is the equivalent of My Pet Rock being a top stock on the Nasdaq.

Sad that so many people have worked so hard on so.many things  and are being over shadowed by this. I think its an telling sign at how outnof touch  things have become and how desperate people are to find gold overnight.
The dollar is a joke. Doge is not a joke anymore. Even the Wall Street Journal says it's not a joke. It's market cap is close to $100 billion!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-is-dogecoin-how-to-say-it-and-why-its-guy-a-joke-thanks-elon-11612820776

What Is Dogecoin, How to Say It, and Why It’s No Longer a Joke
Cryptocurrency created for laughs is now worth more than Capital One and Humana after starting the year trading at less than 1 cent

Dogecoin has the internet abuzz. Elon Musk, Mark Cuban and even beef jerky brand Slim Jim have gotten in on it.

The cryptocurrency that started out as a parody less than a decade ago had surged more than 10,000% in 2021 as of May 4, more than double the gains on the S&P 500, including dividends, since 1988.

The cryptocurrency hit an all-time-high of 61 cents apiece on May 4, according to CoinDesk, before settling at almost 57 cents at 4 p.m. ET. That is up from less than 1 cent to start the year. The online brokerage eToro said May 3 that it had added dogecoin to its trading platform. The cryptocurrency exchange Gemini followed, announcing May 4 that deposits were open for dogecoin and that trading for the cryptocurrency would begin shortly.

So, what is dogecoin, how did we get here and why are people so excited about it? We’ve got answers to your questions.

First things first: How do you pronounce “dogecoin”?

According to the cryptocurrency’s co-founder, Billy Markus, the correct pronunciation is “dohj coin.” Some prefer to pronounce the first syllable like “dog” or “doggy.”

What is dogecoin?

Dogecoin is a cryptocurrency that started as a joke in 2013. It is a satirical homage to bitcoin, designed to serve no real purpose other than generating a few laughs.

It is named after an internet meme centered around the image of a Shiba Inu dog with bad spelling habits—thus “doge” instead of “dog.”
Why has dogecoin’s popularity exploded?

On Jan 28, Mr. Musk, the billionaire boss of electric-vehicle maker Tesla Inc., tweeted a faux “Dogue” magazine cover. It isn’t clear why or what caught his attention.

He has since continued to tweet about the cryptocurrency. Once, he shared a meme based on the movie “The Lion King,” with the Shiba Inu dog superimposed on Simba’s face. Another time, he wrote, “Who let the Doge out,” and “No highs, no lows, only Doge.” Perhaps in an effort to be helpful, he also tweeted what he described as an instructional video titled “D is for Dogecoin.”

Mr. Musk renewed his interest in the cryptocurrency in April, tweeting, “Doge Barking at the Moon.” And Mr. Musk recently acknowledged a tweet suggesting that he should do a skit on “The DOGEFATHER” during his May 8 appearance on “Saturday Night Live.”

His cryptic comments have prompted the cryptocurrency’s popularity to skyrocket, with musicians including rappers Snoop Dogg and Soulja Boy as well as Kiss frontman Gene Simmons, sharing memes and tweets with their followers.

A mainstream consumer brand, Conagra Brands Inc.’s jerky snack Slim Jim, jumped on the dogecoin bandwagon, calling for it on April 13 to “go to the moon.” Other brands have also turned attention to dogecoin, with Mars Inc.’s Snickers brand tweeting “Maybe we should just #DogecoinToTheMoon” on May 3.

As of May 4, dogecoin became one of the top four cryptocurrencies by market value, according to Coinmarketcap.com. That puts it behind bitcoin, ether and binance coin. Dogecoin’s market value of roughly $73 billion exceeded that of Capital One Financial Corp. and the health-insurance company Humana Inc., which closed May 4 with market capitalizations of about $69.4 billion and $59.7 billion, respectively.

Fans of dogecoin online are rooting for it to reach $1.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #6284 on: May 05, 2021, 03:09:59 AM »
Yup, now I'm pretty sure  crypto is officially  a joke

Sad that so many people have worked so hard on so.many things  and are being over shadowed by this.

participation in crypto now, accelerates the infrastructure of diem... they got the plebs to do the grunt work.

your end, will b brought to u by the sweat off ur own brow... lol

busy worker bees.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6285 on: May 05, 2021, 05:55:59 AM »
Adoption

Bitcoin is coming to hundreds of U.S. banks this year, says crypto custody firm NYDIG

For the first time, customers of some U.S. banks will soon be able to buy, hold and sell bitcoin through their existing accounts, according to crypto custody firm NYDIG.

Banks are asking for bitcoin because they can see their customers sending dollars to Coinbase and other crypto exchanges, according to Yan Zhao, president of NYDIG.

After rolling out the initial bitcoin product, NYDIG plans on other services, including debit card rewards paid in bitcoin, and a new type of bank account that is FDIC insured, but pays interest in bitcoin, he said.

Bitcoin may be taking another step towards mainstream adoption, CNBC has learned.

For the first time, customers of some U.S. banks will soon be able to buy, hold and sell bitcoin through their existing accounts, according to crypto custody firm NYDIG.

The company, a subsidiary of $10 billion New York-based asset manager Stone Ridge, has partnered with fintech giant Fidelity National Information Services (FIS) to enable U.S. banks to offer bitcoin in the coming months, according to the two firms.

Hundreds of banks are already enrolled in the program, according to Patrick Sells, head of bank solutions at NYDIG. While the firm is in discussions with some of the biggest U.S. banks, many of the lenders that have agreed to participate are smaller institutions like Suncrest, a California-based community bank with seven branches.

“What we’re doing is making it simple for everyday Americans and corporations to be able to buy bitcoin through their existing bank relationships,” Sells said. “If I’m using my mobile application to do all of my banking, now I have the ability to buy, sell and hold bitcoin.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/05/bitcoin-is-coming-to-hundreds-of-us-banks-says-crypto-firm-nydig-.html

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6286 on: May 05, 2021, 06:07:40 AM »

Zillo, Diem is a weighted basket of currencies to form a global stable currency (like the USD today) to allow global trade on a stable platform.

If is expansionary because it is built on the expansionary monetary system.

It is not competing with BTC which is a finite system and is used as a hedge to the money supply expansion.

You are making the same misunderstanding as people who believe the central bank digital currencies will be competing with BTC.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6287 on: May 05, 2021, 06:26:15 AM »
https://medium.datadriveninvestor.com/dogecoin-tells-the-story-of-our-financial-despair-in-real-time-bad6377a6a7a

Dogecoin Tells The Story of Our Financial Despair in Real Time

Dogecoin was a scam waiting to happen (again).

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6288 on: May 05, 2021, 07:53:13 AM »

You should invest more money into Doge then if you believe in it so much. We all know you won't though and the reasons why.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6289 on: May 05, 2021, 09:53:57 AM »
So many Doge holders on reddit are dreaming about $1.  I bet the big fish set their limit sales to .99 to clean up before there is a major sale at $1.  It will be a huge dip but eventually might go back up

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6290 on: May 05, 2021, 10:00:53 AM »
So many Doge holders on reddit are dreaming about $1.  I bet the big fish set their limit sales to .99 to clean up before there is a major sale at $1.  It will be a huge dip but eventually might go back up

The big fish already know or will soon know if Musk plans on pumping doge on SNL. They will tap up some of they crew working on the SNL set to see if Musk does any doge bits during rehearsals.

They will know exactly when to sell.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6291 on: May 05, 2021, 10:10:31 AM »
Increased my VET, only 0.20 now and has a decent chance to hit $1.00 by end of year and be stable, without continuous pump and dumps like Doge.

Longer term, will outperform it.

VET is coming for Doge  >:(

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6292 on: May 05, 2021, 10:29:22 AM »
Increased my VET, only 0.20 now and has a decent chance to hit $1.00 by end of year and be stable, without continuous pump and dumps like Doge.

Vet will have its day if crypto doesn't get a stick thrown into the spokes 

BossBoss

• Getbig III
  • part-time IFBB-Professional
« Reply #6293 on: May 05, 2021, 12:27:43 PM »

Think logical and do the opposite..doge will hit 10$.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6294 on: May 05, 2021, 12:59:26 PM »

Was doing some reading on Vechain.

It's already got partnerships with:

Amazon
Walmart
PricewaterhouseCoopers
Deloitte
BMW
H&M

If the partnerships alone weren't enough, there's also rumors that the Chinese government is potentially going to partner up with VeChain in order to power and bring functionality to their digital Yuan.

This has exponential levels of potential written all over it. I think I might have to buy 10k ($2,000 USD) worth of Vechain.

"1"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6295 on: May 05, 2021, 01:22:42 PM »
Is Binance only place to buy VET?
Y

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6296 on: May 05, 2021, 01:55:21 PM »
Is Binance only place to buy VET?

Huobi

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6297 on: May 05, 2021, 02:21:47 PM »
Someone on reddit was kind enough to pull this data up on doge wallets.

28% of all Døge i in 1 wallet
18% of all Døge in a further 12
4835 wallets hold 87% of all Døge

3.8 million total wallets. So 0.12% of the wallets hold 87% all Døgecoin that exists

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6298 on: May 05, 2021, 03:37:21 PM »
Well that was interesting.

I just went to do a margin trade on Binance and it said due to huge demand on margin it was unable to meet my loan requirement...... :o

And I was only after a tiny amount.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6299 on: May 05, 2021, 03:38:21 PM »
Huobi

Is there a preference between the two?
Y