Author Topic: credit cards  (Read 1723 times)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
credit cards
« on: June 22, 2007, 09:57:14 AM »
seems like this day and age you have to have a credit or debit card...rent a hotel room, buy stuff on the internet etc etc

I just have American Express.

only bad thing is some places still don't take it.
X

Deadpool

• Getbig V
Re: credit cards
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 01:00:31 PM »
isn't someone gonna chime in about my broke ass using all my money to buy fattening food?  must be a slow day today
X

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 01:02:08 PM »
seems like this day and age you have to have a credit or debit card...rent a hotel room, buy stuff on the internet etc etc

I just have American Express.

only bad thing is some places still don't take it.

That's because American Express isn't a 'credit card' per se, it's a 'charge card' with all balances payable in full at the end of each month. Plus they charge exhorbitant merchant fees relative to MasterCard & Visa. You might go further with a Visa or MasterCard.
w

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 04:45:54 AM »
mm .. mastercard ftw i guess.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 09:37:28 AM »
isn't someone gonna chime in about my broke ass using all my money to buy fattening food?  must be a slow day today

They just have to take away the card...how simple could it be!...

You'll be skinny in no time Medfat!... ;D
?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 09:39:42 AM »
That's because American Express isn't a 'credit card' per se, it's a 'charge card' with all balances payable in full at the end of each month. Plus they charge exhorbitant merchant fees relative to MasterCard & Visa. You might go further with a Visa or MasterCard.

You need the Blue Card then you make payments,  I haven't used my Amex in over 2 years.  I might have bought gas or something but I rarely use it other than when I travel. Visa and MC all the way,

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 10:13:01 AM »
Visa and MC all the way,

I have MC and Visa. Don't use it to often.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 10:33:22 AM »
We have one card for booking movies or buying stuff on the net.
Otherwise I stay away from plastic.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 10:38:38 AM »
I buy EVERYTHING with my mastercard...even if it's a pack of gum, and then pay the full balance at the end of the month.  I get a point for every dollar I charge and redeem them for vacations.  Also, it helps track expenses down to the peny.

If you're one of the morons still writting checks at the grocery store...I loath you. 
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 10:46:58 AM »
You need the Blue Card then you make payments,  I haven't used my Amex in over 2 years.  I might have bought gas or something but I rarely use it other than when I travel. Visa and MC all the way,

Why would anyone want to make payments?  ???
w

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 10:48:17 AM »
If you're one of the morons still writting checks at the grocery store...I loath you. 
I am a cash man........ why?
Because when it is gone it is gone, I don't end up with suprises at the end of the month.
It feels good to have a wad of green in my pocket.
I do the budget the old fashioned way on a spread sheet on the computer with all monies alloted down to the last penny, so my budget is proactive and not reactive.
It is just to easy to buy something you don't need or cant afford with plastic.
I actually keep the card in the safe and only take the evil thing out for interenet stuff  ;)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 01:02:57 PM »

I've yet to witness this on my life on Earth.

I would laugh out loud if I saw this event in person.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »
I been using my debit card a lot as of late..  :-X

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 11:18:27 PM »
Why would anyone want to make payments?  ???

Hey I do it when I have too.  When I needed $'s to but 20 cases of shirts and have them tagged and printed I use it.  WHen you need 2 treadmills, 2 ellipiticals, and and more equipment it is better than leasing.  I bought my daughters first car on the phone with my credit card.  Her mom drove her down and filled out all the paperwork.  When you are 3,500 miles aways its the best thing to do.  And I like buying stuff off the internet too.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 12:40:24 AM »
I buy EVERYTHING with my mastercard...even if it's a pack of gum, and then pay the full balance at the end of the month.  I get a point for every dollar I charge and redeem them for vacations.  Also, it helps track expenses down to the peny.

Best way to do it. And the CC companies probably hate your guts for it  ;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 06:26:55 AM »
Because when it is gone it is gone, I don't end up with suprises at the end of the month.
I do the budget the old fashioned way on a spread sheet on the computer with all monies alloted down to the last penny, so my budget is proactive and not reactive.
I actually keep the card in the safe and only take the evil thing out for interenet stuff  ;)

I have a spread sheet too, it goes out to 2 months.  Then I can adjust it and know what bills are coming up and where my money needs to go. 

Most bank debit cards can also be used as a Master Card.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 06:28:57 AM »
I've yet to witness this on my life on Earth.

I would laugh out loud if I saw this event in person.

I have!!  And they usually wait till everything is rung up before they even start to write the check out!   >:(   You'd think they would realize that they can fill in the "To" the "date" and sign it while they are waiting. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 07:34:50 AM »
I have!!  And they usually wait till everything is rung up before they even start to write the check out!   >:(   You'd think they would realize that they can fill in the "To" the "date" and sign it while they are waiting. 

Even worse, they sit there and balance their stupid check book while everyone else waits.

I actually keep the card in the safe and only take the evil thing out for interenet stuff  ;)

you lack dicipline.
w

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 07:54:32 AM »
you lack dicipline.
True, very true, but that is why I dont keep a card on me.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 08:14:14 AM »
True, very true, but that is why I dont keep a card on me.

Haha touché
الاسلام هو شيطانية

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 02:47:10 PM »

Hey I do it when I have too.  When I needed $'s to but 20 cases of shirts and have them tagged and printed I use it.  WHen you need 2 treadmills, 2 ellipiticals, and and more equipment it is better than leasing.  I bought my daughters first car on the phone with my credit card.  Her mom drove her down and filled out all the paperwork.  When you are 3,500 miles aways its the best thing to do.

Makes sense to me

And I like buying stuff off the internet too.

Oh, ...well in that case Keith, ...by all means... shop away http://jme.mpgproduct.com <--click me

You'll save money on your fuel costs, travelling further on the same tank of fuel.  :D
w

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 04:21:19 PM »

that's cool.  but NEVER pay cash for ANYTHING?
X

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 04:28:41 PM »
that's cool.  but NEVER pay cash for ANYTHING?

I don't even carry cash arround other than a few bucks in my car to pay tolls or parking...
w