Author Topic: Ike Turner, dead at 76  (Read 3924 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Ike Turner, dead at 76
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 12:52:03 PM »
Finally, someone gets it!  ...and it's the gay man. How Ironic?!
Hmmm. How about if the woman brings the disrespect on herself. I mean -gasp- heaven forbid a woman should be held to equal levels of personal responsibility. Or am I missing something?

/the people i consider assh*les are pretty much split 50/50 women/men. do womem get a bye for just being women? 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2007, 12:58:09 PM »
Hmmm. How about if the woman brings the disrespect on herself. I mean -gasp- heaven forbid a woman should be held to equal levels of personal responsibility. Or am I missing something?

/the people i consider assh*les are pretty much split 50/50 women/men. do womem get a bye for just being women? 

My comment was in reference to men who continually disrespect women, and allow women to be disrespected, ...then flip out when someone says somethng they consider disrespectful to the women in their lives. I just found it hilariously ironic that it is the man who admittedly isn't into women who gets this and points it out.
w

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2007, 01:06:28 PM »
My comment was in reference to men who continually disrespect women, and allow women to be disrespected, ...then flip out when someone says somethng they consider disrespectful to the women in their lives. I just found it hilariously ironic that it is the man who admittedly isn't into women who gets this and points it out.
Ah, I've got it. Thanks. Sadly, I've seen exactly that same behaviour over the years. Sounds cliche, but I always figure if a society doesn't even have 'market-square' manners, as seems to be happening, then it leaves a wide swath for this kind of stuff to occur and fester more.