Author Topic: I hope owning that pit bull was worth endangering your child  (Read 22031 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: I hope owning that pit bull was worth endangering your child
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2009, 03:24:09 PM »

http://www.agcouncil.com/standards.cfm

AMERICAN GREYHOUND TRACK OPERATORS
Statement of Standards and Principles
We, as members of the American Greyhound Track Operators Association, have pledged ourselves to the following standards and principles to ensure the responsible care and humane treatment of all racing greyhounds.

All greyhounds shall be housed in comfortable, clean, safe and well-ventilated kennels.
All greyhounds shall receive plentiful and healthful food and water.
All greyhounds shall be provided appropriate exercise in clean, safe turnout pens and sprint fields.
All greyhounds shall be trained using artificial lures.
All greyhounds shall receive prompt veterinary care.
All racetrack surfaces shall be groomed and maintained daily to ensure the health and safety of the racing greyhounds.
All greyhounds shall be trained and cared for by qualified, competent and responsible personnel according to established animal welfare guidelines.
All tracks shall enact policies and enforcement procedures that include penalties for violation of proper animal welfare procedures.
All member tracks shall require that proper documentation be filed with and approved by the Racing Secretary and/or General Manager of the track before any greyhound may be removed from track premises. The documentation shall confirm and verify that the greyhound in question has been:
Transferred to another greyhound racetrack for purposes of continued racing;
Returned to the original owner or breeding farm for pet or breeding purposes; or
Upon retirement, placed into an in-house, local or nationally recognized adoption program

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2009, 03:25:40 PM »
How old are greyhounds when they begin racing?
Most begin racing at about a year and a half, and continue to four years old. Some will race beyond their fifth birthday, and a select few past their sixth. Because they are generally well cared for and in excellent health, most greyhounds live to twelve years or older.

How are greyhounds trained to race?
Greyhounds begin training at about a year old. They run and chase by instinct, so initially their training consists of chasing a lure dragged along the ground. As they mature, they are taught to run on circular tracks, with the artificial lure suspended above the ground. At about a year and a half, they graduate to longer, oval tracks, starting boxes and competition.

Is racing safe for greyhounds?
The prevention of injuries is a high priority in greyhound racing. The industry has funded extensive research at leading veterinary universities to find ways of ensuring animal safety and preventing racing injuries. If an injury does occur, every track has a veterinarian on the premises to respond immediately

Why do greyhounds wear muzzles while racing?
Greyhounds wear muzzles while racing to identify themselves so racing officials can determine the outcome of a photo finish race, and to protect them from injuring themselves or one another during the excitement of the chase. They do not need to be muzzled in a home environment, since they are gentle and docile by nature.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2009, 05:07:33 PM »
Meltdown.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2009, 05:11:10 PM »
::)

I don`t feel like wasting the time correcting the myths. 

funny how you have time to slander and condescend pitbulls and their owners 

your trolling to antagonize people is boring and transparent

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2009, 05:24:14 PM »
This thread has bad genetics.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2009, 05:31:28 PM »

funny how you have time to slander and condescend pitbulls and their owners 

your trolling to antagonize people is boring and transparent
What in the world are you talking about?

I did not slander any pitbull or their owners.  I think they are great dogs who suffer from myths just as Greyhounds do.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2009, 05:50:02 PM »
What in the world are you talking about?

I did not slander any pitbull or their owners.  I think they are great dogs who suffer from myths just as Greyhounds do.
wrong----you have, more than once, refered to and demeaned pitbull owners as low class trash.  You may not believe that and only mentioned these things in the midst of being your online highbrow persona, regardless  I take little of what you say on getbig as anything solid, so if you really believe they are great dogs than cheers.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2009, 06:08:32 PM »
wrong----you have, more than once, refered to and demeaned pitbull owners as low class trash.  You may not believe that and only mentioned these things in the midst of being your online highbrow persona, regardless  I take little of what you say on getbig as anything solid, so if you really believe they are great dogs than cheers.

While I do think they are marvelous animals there is no denying that those type of dogs do attract certain sub-cultures of people for whatever reason.  If they weren`t popular in this sub-culture we would hear rappers talk about their Yorkies or their Basenjis, instead we hear them rap about their Pitbulls and their Rottwielers.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2009, 03:58:18 AM »
This thread is Z board material.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2009, 04:28:09 AM »
This thread is Z board material because it has poor genetics.

fixed
I hate the State.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »
While I do think they are marvelous animals there is no denying that those type of dogs do attract certain sub-cultures of people for whatever reason.  If they weren`t popular in this sub-culture we would hear rappers talk about their Yorkies or their Basenjis, instead we hear them rap about their Pitbulls and their Rottwielers.
you make a good point but you have to look at the total number of pitbull owners and you realize, number 1, they are a very very popular breed and number 2, these "thugs" only make up a small % of the people who own pitbulls. Many more pitbulls have stable homes in a family setting.

Concerning hte greyhound post i made, I was merely making a point about being able to find anything to cut and paste on the internet to support one's ignorant views and less about saying that greyhounds are abused. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2009, 12:08:58 PM »
you make a good point but you have to look at the total number of pitbull owners and you realize, number 1, they are a very very popular breed and number 2, these "thugs" only make up a small % of the people who own pitbulls. Many more pitbulls have stable homes in a family setting.

Concerning hte greyhound post i made, I was merely making a point about being able to find anything to cut and paste on the internet to support one's ignorant views and less about saying that greyhounds are abused. 

Bullshit. Absolute bullshit.

Prove this statement in any way, shope or form. This is like saying 'thugs' are a small percentage of the people who conduct drive-by shootings. Anyone with a little common sense knows otherwise.

"Stable" homes don't have things like drugs, violence OR killer dog breeds in them.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2009, 01:11:08 PM »

"Stable" homes don't have things like drugs, violence OR killer dog breeds in them.

Prove this statement in any way, shope or form.

You are proving yourself to be a completely brainwashed idiot, I feel bad for your internet. :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

body88

« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2009, 02:33:46 PM »

Prove this statement in any way, shope or form. This is like saying 'thugs' are a small percentage of the people who conduct drive-by shootings. Anyone with a little common sense knows otherwise.

"Stable"
homes don't have things like drugs, violence OR killer dog breeds in them.

Tell that to these people:

A pitbill is only a killer if it's taught to be one, or if it's raised without rules.  If it's brought up like a normal dog, it acts like a dog.   It's not rocket science.  There have been 140 deaths by "pitbull type" dogs over the last 20 years.  Last year 67 people died from lightning strikes alone. 

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2009, 03:51:19 PM »

you are lost

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2009, 03:54:56 PM »

haha, my girlfriend has a degree in biology and psychology from ucsd, she is a veterinary technician, and is working on becoming a vet.  I am working on my MBA. I (we)work with the spca and a pit rescue group (among many other things), and we live in a very affluent neighborhood.  I fail to see how we don't constitute a "stable" home.

educated, check.  
successful, check.
quiet, check.
drug free, check.
violence free, check.  
two pit bulls, check.

your arguement does not stack up.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2009, 08:19:40 PM »
All dogs will bite you if you fuck with them long enough. My aunt's toy pomeranian is the meanest little peice of shit i've ever seen. Will snap at you like lightning.

+1

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2009, 11:43:44 PM »
They are however, under my supervision.  When I'm not around, they go in their kennel.

Nuff said.