Author Topic: Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama to Hitler and gets kicked out of MNF.....  (Read 25836 times)

Red Hook

• Getbig V
Re: Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama to Hitler and gets kicked out of MNF.....
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 05:23:20 AM »
Just out of curiosity, why exactly do you format the name as you do, abbreviating his first name but not his middle name?

The fascination people have with Obama's name is beyond me. Clearly you are trying to use that particular appelation as a criticism. The question is why? Especially when there legitimate criticisms of his policies and when his name is something he really had no control over (modulo having it legally changed to something else, of course)

Is it supposed to worry people that his middle name is Hussein? Or is it supposed to tell us something about the man's character?

I never got the fascination with his name with either. It's as if they feel like they are revealing a secret or some sort of conspiracy by pointing out his name.  Etymology is an interesting topic though.
I

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2011, 05:37:49 AM »
if this had been about anyone else you would have been crying freedom of speech. yes we know you love obama. you can leave now stupid

You have freedom of speech....not freedom of a paycheck.  Why should ESPN pay someone for causing them a backlash and possible loss of advertising revenue.  That's what happenned to Glenn Beck, had great ratings but his comments were toxic and Fox News lost over 52 advertisers.   ::)
A

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: SO MUCH FOR FREE SPEACH
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2011, 05:44:17 AM »
ESPN is pulling Hank Williams' classic intro song from Monday night's broadcast of the game between Tampa Bay and Indianapolis after the country singer used an analogy to Adolf Hitler in discussing President Barack Obama.

In an interview Monday morning on Fox News' ''Fox & Friends,'' Williams said of Obama's outing on the links with House Speaker John Boehner: ''It'd be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu.''

Asked to clarify, Williams said: ''They're the enemy,'' adding that by ''they'' he meant Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

Fore

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2011, 05:44:59 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2011, 05:49:28 AM »

You have freedom of speech....not freedom of a paycheck.  Why should ESPN pay someone for causing them a backlash and possible loss of advertising revenue.  That's what happenned to Glenn Beck, had great ratings but his comments were toxic and Fox News lost over 52 advertisers.   ::)
Don't forget Rush Limbaugh's racial comments about Blacks in the NFL, particularly McNabb, and the NFL's subsequently barring him from any team ownership in the Rams.  

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2011, 06:02:10 AM »
I know. The entertainment industry is as such...

Bush/Hitler - good

Obama/Hitler - bad

Both are bad, as I said in the other thread, I'm sick of these comparisons to Hitler...it's a comparison that is really a hyperbole, because it will be a long time before there is another Hitler...
And Americans like throwing these comparisons around to evoke some sort of emotion.
When Hitler was a jingoistic Boogeyman who brought forth his own nightmarish dreams into reality.
Bush and Obama haven't even finish Ghoul Grammar School.

MikMaq

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2011, 06:08:53 AM »

I never got the fascination with his name with either. It's as if they feel like they are revealing a secret or some sort of conspiracy by pointing out his name.  Etymology is an interesting topic though.
Xenophobia, very simple. Christ it`s pretty blatant. What next why do bodybuilders look like there on drugs.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2011, 06:15:13 AM »
I'm tired of all these "Hitler" analogies...regardless of who they are talking about. The mofo was a bad, bad man...you have to really amp up the evil meter to be compared to him...and today, there is nobody that can walk in his boots.

Fucking idiotic hyperbole. Fucking idiots cant just make a statement, it has to be all over the top.. we got some of those dick heads on this board... These assholes dont understand that it cheapens their arguments ...Chicken little syndrome

MikMaq

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2011, 06:27:52 AM »
Fucking idiotic hyperbole. Fucking idiots cant just make a statement, it has to be all over the top.. we got some of those dick heads on this board... These assholes dont understand that it cheapens their arguments ...Chicken little syndrome

Bush was the closet america will ever see to  a hitler, it`s the best comparison without having to get into obscure shit. Bush showed some clear signs of fascism, you cannot deny that. Obama is more hugo chavez than anything else. These comparisons are meaningful.

If you had to describe the actions of what america`s hitler would be, it would have to be a guy acting on belief that another group are the problem, and must work internally to undermine this group playing to a public that endorses his actions, he would have to invade a country for no reason other than the viewpoint that they were the enemy despite all logic and reason. They would have to coerce the global community to let it happen, and their would have to be a large death tole relative to what the public general expected.
Bush got all of these things.

Obama, is hugo  chavez because, he plays to the poor, ignored the economic advise of both the local business community and the international groups like the G20, caused a massive flight of capital, while at the same time destroying the economy.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2011, 06:34:07 AM »

You have freedom of speech....not freedom of a paycheck.  Why should ESPN pay someone for causing them a backlash and possible loss of advertising revenue.  That's what happenned to Glenn Beck, had great ratings but his comments were toxic and Fox News lost over 52 advertisers.   ::)
Advertisers would be the one's losing out if they dropped MNF.  People would still watch MNF if Hitler himself sang the intro. 

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2011, 06:37:09 AM »
Hitler was several orders of magnitude a greater man than Obama.
Trans Milkshake.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2011, 06:52:25 AM »

HA! Good shit, Mal!  ;D
D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2011, 07:01:50 AM »
HA! Good shit, Mal!  ;D
check my post...i think Mal was referring to that as well (if not we think alike).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2011, 07:05:42 AM »
hank's job as MNF spokesman is to be a vanilla, "used to party but now is kinda like your grandfather" spokesman.

families are supposd to sit down and kid dance to his music, then they forget about him til next week.

He's paid to make the network look good.  this makes them look like shit.  he's not going to JAIL for what he said, so nobody is hatin' on his 1st amedment rights. 

But part of the contract HE SIGNED with espn surely includes clauses against saying offesive statements in public.   Same thing if he was caught in bed screwing a baby seal or some other scandal.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2011, 07:13:22 AM »
Advertisers would be the one's losing out if they dropped MNF.  People would still watch MNF if Hitler himself sang the intro. 
German is kinda nasty, there would be a aftermath of viral vids making fun of his combover and the obligatory autotune version.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2011, 07:46:17 AM »

Good Ole' Hank.  8)

Who's this whore, Doug?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2011, 07:55:37 AM »

I think they can survive without Hank Williams saying "Are you ready for some football".... ::)
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2011, 08:00:00 AM »
Don't forget Rush Limbaugh's racial comments about Blacks in the NFL, particularly McNabb, and the NFL's subsequently barring him from any team ownership in the Rams.  

I think Hank was duped into that comment honestly.  Rush did it on purpose.

ESPN makes its money from sports, sports, and sports.  They don't want any part whatsoever in politics because they don't make any money from it. 
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2011, 08:02:42 AM »

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2011, 08:08:01 AM »
Who's this whore, Doug?
Damn it, I told her to stop posting...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2011, 08:14:30 AM »
It's only free speech when they agree with you.  People need to shut up about comparing Obama to Hitler.  That is the most retarded comparison.  Even the most vile serial murderer shouldn't be compared to Hitler.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2011, 08:18:31 AM »
the biggest mistake is for monday night football and the entire network to hire a 3rd rate can't sing, can't do anything riding on the coattails of his famous country star father's last name for decades now person like williams jr....

if his last name wasn't williams.. he would be singing at some low lowly bar in the middle of BFE....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2011, 08:20:10 AM »
toby keith is ready to swoop in.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2011, 08:28:18 AM »
oh great toby keith... another no talent... that man is so calculating with his "music" it's not even funny....

hmm, i think song after song i'll sing about the red, white and blue, kicking ass, getting drunk, and stuff, and my fan base will eat that shit up non stop and i'll rake in the dough.... of course for someone like keith who can't even sing unless you count that "country talking" in a song singing, what else is he going to do i guess!

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2011, 08:30:14 AM »
They should have never started with ole Hank to begin with.  I liked the old intro where they just played the MNF theme song.