Author Topic: 10 Most Popular Resolutions  (Read 450 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
10 Most Popular Resolutions
« on: December 30, 2013, 04:49:04 PM »
Below are Americans’ most common New Year’s goals, according to a Harris poll—and apps that can help you reach them. Do you make New Year's resolutions and if you do what will they be? Do you think you will stick to them? Have you made resolutions in the past that you actually carried out?

1. Lose weight
Nutrino: Enter your current and target weights and food preferences and this app builds a personalized menu to bring you closer to your goal. (Free; iOS; Android coming soon)

2. Improve your finances
Budget Boss: Create a budget quickly and effortlessly—then watch your predicted savings grow with easy-to-read graphs. ($0.99; iOS)

3. Exercise
Human: Commit to moving at least 30 minutes every day with this simple app, which uses location tracking to measure your activity and notifies you when you’re done. (Free; iOS)

4. Get a new job
Job Search: Find open positions near you and submit applications from your phone. (Free; iOS, Android)

5. Eat healthier
Fooducate: Scan grocery barcodes and get a nutrition grade from A to D with this award-winning app. (Free; iOS, Android).

6. Manage stress better
Take a Break!: Relax with 7- or 13-minute guided meditation audio tracks that let you choose between a voice, music, and nature sounds. (Free; iOS, Android)

7. Stop smoking
Quit Smoking: Enter your current smoking habits and this app will design a unique, gradual schedule to wean you off cigarettes. (Free; Android)

8. Improve a relationship
Back in Touch: Import your phone contacts and create settings on how frequently (montly, weekly, etc.) you’d like to touch base with each of them. Then, the app reminds you to give ‘em a call at the interval you chose. ($1.99; iOS)

9. Stop procrastinating
Finish: Get stuff done with this app that lets you enter tasks and due dates (with flexible short term, mid term, and long term timelines), then reminds you until the job is done. ($0.99; iOS)

10. Set aside time for yourself
BRB: Need to unplug? Download this app that lets you craft a message that notifies your contacts you’re taking a break from your phone, which is shareable via Facebook, Twitter, or text. (Free; iOS)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: 10 Most Popular Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:57:09 PM »
Guess no one is making resolutions this year. I just made one for the first time in many years. I resolve to walk the dogs each day unless the weather disallows this.

jillymayr

• Getbig II
Re: 10 Most Popular Resolutions
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 06:48:33 AM »
guilty of number 8 but mostly this year I just want to be "present more" in every situation I commit to