Author Topic: We're Heading Towards Stagflation Big Time  (Read 5650 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
We're Heading Towards Stagflation Big Time
« on: December 01, 2019, 07:07:04 AM »
Stagflation: A simultaneous increase in prices and stagnation of economic growth.

$23 trillion in Federal debt and counting.  Not to worry, the Fed will "print" more.  

Please continue inflating this asset bubble.

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: We're Heading Towards Stagflation Big Time
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 07:30:56 AM »
After the "boom-boom", some adapted to the new truth, and some chose to huddle near the boomy holes, clinging to the lie of the beforefore times.

/Falcon
Q

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 10:54:01 PM »
Stagflation: A simultaneous increase in prices and stagnation of economic growth.

$23 trillion in Federal debt and counting.  Not to worry, the Fed will "print" more.  

Move to Europe. Their economy is booming.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 11:20:52 PM »
Gotta consider the debt and deficit as a percentage of GDP.  Debt/GDP has been essentially flat for years, because the economy has grown.

I am not arguing in favor of deficit spending - I think it's perilous in the long term - just putting things in perspective.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GFDEGDQ188S

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 11:22:15 PM »
in a potential recession, the US has room to lower interest rates.

Where is the room to lower rates in Europe, when the rates are zero or negative?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 04:23:39 PM »

Where is the room to lower rates in Europe, when the rates are zero or negative?
Are interests rates one of the top two or thee cheif economic indicators?
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 05:12:28 PM »
Can’t it just keep going forever? Can’t we just continue to kick the fan down the road? Isn’t the promise of money in the long term, what drives this whole thing anyway?

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 05:23:32 PM »
Yes, I come to Getbig to get my financial and economic guidance all the time, lol

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 06:52:12 PM »
Record corporate debt of $10 trillion.

Record mortgage debt of $9.4 trillion.

Record federal debt of $23 trillion.

Record auto loan debt of $1.2 trillion.

Record student loan debt of $1.4 trillion.

Record credit card debt of $1.07 trillion.

I'm sure everything will be fine.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 07:05:07 PM »

$23 trillion in Federal debt and counting.  Not to worry, the Fed will "print" more. 

that's okay I am moving to Mexico soon and retiring.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 07:51:59 PM »

But didn't you prize & fire crack American Luftwaffe, airports,travel economy, etc, .......only weeks ago    ::)

You are just another old fart like PrimeNancy & Safety Fat !.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 09:40:34 PM »

You are right, things will end badly. There will be an economic reset as every country I can think of is running debts they can never repay.

pellius

• Getbig V

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 11:59:21 AM »
Can’t it just keep going forever? Can’t we just continue to kick the fan down the road? Isn’t the promise of money in the long term, what drives this whole thing anyway?

Forever? No.

For decades? Yes.

All Govts around the globe are loading up on debt. They discovered it gives them 2-3 decades until the govt debt becomes a problem.

Pretty much everyone is printing new money at 5% a year yet exchanges rates are fairly stable as its an agreement or group think activity.

The end solution will probably be govt debt forgiveness along with agreed global currency printing increase higher than 5%. China buys 1T of US debt, US buys 1T of Chinese debt, both forgive.

The issue of stagflation is caused by not enough new currency being printed. Growth requires printed money. We want a 100k house to be worth 200k 10yrs later. For that to happen, double your printed currency pool.

Inflation is fucking great! Wages go up, food goes up, assets go up, DEBT IS WORTH LESS!!!!  That's how you pay a 25yr mortgage off in 10yrs.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 01:59:09 PM »
Record corporate debt of $10 trillion.

Record mortgage debt of $9.4 trillion.

Record federal debt of $23 trillion.

Record auto loan debt of $1.2 trillion.

Record student loan debt of $1.4 trillion.

Record credit card debt of $1.07 trillion.

I'm sure everything will be fine.

Let's not forget the unfunded liabilities. $122 trillion.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 03:02:20 PM »
Let's not forget the unfunded liabilities. $122 trillion.

But regarding to U, Mr.Jesus will save us  :D

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 05:36:34 PM »
The parasites will not kill the host but they will bleed them. The money printing and devaluation is the only answer other than a reset with cryptocurrency AKA totally controlled and tracked money. You can be sure they can keep the game going longer than most can hold out.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 05:42:48 PM »
That's why I will be moving to a resort area like Cabo silly.

OK, suit yourself. People take for granted the laws and freedoms we have here. When a buddy of mine got arrested in Mexico by cops trying to shake him down money he said, "I have my rights!" They just started laughing and beat the crap out of him. But Cabo is nice if you have money and if you keep a low profile it's fairly safe. Just don't come crying to me if you get your head cut off.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 06:29:08 PM »
But regarding to U, Mr.Jesus will save us  :D

He ain't saving you dipshit. Your dumbass is part of the trash he's taking out.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2019, 06:58:46 PM »
The parasites will not kill the host but they will bleed them. The money printing and devaluation is the only answer other than a reset with cryptocurrency AKA totally controlled and tracked money. You can be sure they can keep the game going longer than most can hold out.

There are people who know what is going to happen and they are already positioning for it.  For example, shorting of airline companies stocks before September 11, 2001 was presaging the 9/11 attack.
Likely a stablecoin such as Facebook Libra transitioning the backing from a basket of national currencies predominantly dollars, towards a backing reserve mostly of Bitcoins.

This will happen because USA has abused its advantage with the dollar being the standard unit-of-account and because the strong dollar short vortex will wreck havoc on the world, driving massive stagflation and rising interest rates especially outside the USA. Bitcoin will be seen as a more fair alternative to any single national currency.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2019, 07:34:26 PM »
OK, suit yourself. People take for granted the laws and freedoms we have here. When a buddy of mine got arrested in Mexico by cops trying to shake him down money he said, "I have my rights!" They just started laughing and beat the crap out of him. But Cabo is nice if you have money and if you keep a low profile it's fairly safe. Just don't come crying to me if you get your head cut off.

Then I sure wonder why sooooooooo many Americans retire in Mexico?

I could move to a city Chicago and take the same risk.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2019, 08:02:02 PM »
Forever? No.

For decades? Yes.

All Govts around the globe are loading up on debt. They discovered it gives them 2-3 decades until the govt debt becomes a problem.

Pretty much everyone is printing new money at 5% a year yet exchanges rates are fairly stable as its an agreement or group think activity.

The end solution will probably be govt debt forgiveness along with agreed global currency printing increase higher than 5%. China buys 1T of US debt, US buys 1T of Chinese debt, both forgive.

The issue of stagflation is caused by not enough new currency being printed. Growth requires printed money. We want a 100k house to be worth 200k 10yrs later. For that to happen, double your printed currency pool.

Inflation is fucking great! Wages go up, food goes up, assets go up, DEBT IS WORTH LESS!!!!  That's how you pay a 25yr mortgage off in 10yrs.

Volker took the Federal Funds rate up to 19% back in 1981.  today the Federal Funds rate is 1.5%.  What would happen to the economy if interest rates were raised 17.5 %?

Who would be the Paul Volker of today?  Who has the courage to do what needs to be done regardless of how unpopular?  If we have real inflation that's what will need to be done.  There's nothing fun about 19% plus interest rates.  Real inflation is painful.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2019, 09:51:55 PM »
Real inflation is painful.

Unless you have your debt paid, own real assets and have money in the bank. Then it's fine. Rates under a healthy economy should be like 5%. We aren't even close because the fundamentals of the old economy have been abandoned for mountains of dollars printed, debt based on continual growth models, etc. The crash of 2008 was a decoupling of economics based on real physical things/natural resources and has transitioned into a digital shell game. There is 100 years of future growth already built into the markets.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2019, 12:00:03 AM »

Are you saying the banks in Europe are paying people to borrow money? Heck, I going to move to Europe if that's the case. Nevermind.

What Are Negative Interest Rates?
Negative interest rates refer to a scenario in which cash deposits incur a charge for storage at a bank, rather than receiving interest income. Instead of receiving money on deposits in the form of interest, depositors must pay regularly to keep their money with the bank. This environment is intended to incentivize banks to lend money more freely.