Author Topic: represent your lifetime rides.  (Read 10465 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: represent your lifetime rides.
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2020, 11:12:02 PM »
Word, i'm the opposite, it's like i have to drive something i like.  I used to commute a lot when i lived in Houston, so that's part of it.

Now i have a 8 mile drive to work, so i barely drive much.

Since this Covid non-sense started in March, i've driven maybe 2000 miles, and half of that is driving to my parents place in the mountains 100 miles North of me.  I typically drive a lot for work, so 15k miles a year is pretty standard.  But now everything is online, so that works for me too.

I'm thinking of getting a new daily, my 2006 Escape is starting to have weird electrical gremlins.

Don't get me wrong, I've liked every car that I've owned.  Which is probably why I don't change often.  If it's fixable, I get it fixed.  I just don't fawn over cars that I see and say oh, I've got to have this one or that one. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2020, 05:04:02 AM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2020, 05:05:49 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I've liked every car that I've owned.  Which is probably why I don't change often.  If it's fixable, I get it fixed.  I just don't fawn over cars that I see and say oh, I've got to have this one or that one. 

I never had the extra money to buy performance or luxury cars.

When buying new cars I've always bought base models.

I like the practicality of wagons or vans for carrying stuff.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2020, 05:12:03 PM »
I never had the extra money to buy performance or luxury cars.

When buying new cars I've always bought base models.

I like the practicality of wagons or vans for carrying stuff.

I have a GMC Terrain and love it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2021, 01:10:06 PM »
    a couple of years ago a guy drove through town in one of these. it don't look cheap.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2023, 08:36:55 AM »
any one get a new ride lately, any electrics on GB ?
F

ElPolloSalmonello

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2023, 04:24:15 AM »

I'm holding onto gas cars till the death....

My current rides - AMG C43 Coupe, Z4 M40i roadster. The Z4 is a total go-kart 0-60mph in 3.9 seconds - if you can keep it in a straight line that is...

The AMG is 4 years old, the Z4 is 2 years old - have no plans to replace either of them long-term. Not sure how viable the maintenance will be though.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2023, 03:27:51 PM »
F electric cars and yes my M5 Competition arrived from Germany Oct. 2022.
T

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2023, 01:56:13 AM »
I love that AMG C43 Coupe. I see so many awesome Mercedes, but I am determined to not fall victim to my impulses of buying a fancy car. I love looking at them, but I find it almost impossible to not treat my cars with borderline contempt. I can't be bothered cleaning them, I can't be bothered maintaining them, I'm always two seconds away from using it as a weapon, and they're just egregious money pits. It pains me to have to pay high prices for maintenance, insurance, vehicle tax, etc.

Every time I see one of the old-school fast Hondas or Nissans, I also fall in love, but I know it's not a great idea for me to buy one. I think we (partner and I) are going to settle on a newer model Jimny. I like the look, it's cheap, and we will use it off-road occasionally. Can throw camping/beach stuff in the back, along with all my empty bottles and bags of crisps.

ElPolloSalmonello

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2023, 07:16:39 PM »
I love that AMG C43 Coupe. I see so many awesome Mercedes, but I am determined to not fall victim to my impulses of buying a fancy car. I love looking at them, but I find it almost impossible to not treat my cars with borderline contempt. I can't be bothered cleaning them, I can't be bothered maintaining them, I'm always two seconds away from using it as a weapon, and they're just egregious money pits. It pains me to have to pay high prices for maintenance, insurance, vehicle tax, etc.

Every time I see one of the old-school fast Hondas or Nissans, I also fall in love, but I know it's not a great idea for me to buy one. I think we (partner and I) are going to settle on a newer model Jimny. I like the look, it's cheap, and we will use it off-road occasionally. Can throw camping/beach stuff in the back, along with all my empty bottles and bags of crisps.

The C43 is cool on the inside - it's 4 years old now, had it since new and my friend owns a Mercedes repair shop - so fingers crossed for when the 5 year warranty runs out.

As for the old school Hondas/Nissans - there's loads floating about - I always fancied a Skyline - cool cars...