Author Topic: What A Weird Pope You Have There  (Read 19611 times)

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
Re: What A Weird Pope You Have There
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2020, 08:32:18 AM »
This. Childrens book fantasy nonsense.  ::)

Have you given the church a fair chance? Find a good Christian church and go every week for a month and see how you feel after. It takes about 2 hours of your time one day a week. You have nothing to lose. Church is free. No one there is any better than you they will not judge you and truth be told if you asked every person there they will each tell you, truthfully, that they are glad you came.

Up to you really.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2020, 08:38:19 AM »
They are all pederasts. Just look at him, would you leave your teenage son alone with him? :D

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2020, 08:50:03 AM »
They are all pederasts. Just look at him, would you leave your teenage son alone with him? :D

I wouldn't leave a baby kitteh alone with that twatling. Any man that somehow feels they are the successor to the one they called "the big fisherman" and yet lives in a manner completely opposite that of the Apostle Peter is nothing but an incubus.

He is the personification of that which the Nazarene called, "whited sepulchers".

Here's to him assuming room temperature.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2020, 12:05:36 PM »
I'm with those who say this is about homosexuals in the clergy, not outright pedophilia as such. Pederasty is "normal" homo behavior, is it not?

I don't know if anyone has attempted to guesstimate the % of homosexual priests in Catholic church, though I bet some have and I think it's probably a very high %.

Regarding the bible and homosexuality, I think it's very clear what it says as Pellius and others have mentioned. Some try to explain that it's not any worse than any other sin or that Jesus didn't explicitly mention homosexuality. How this supposedly makes homosexuality a-ok for a Christian, something to be outright encouraged is retarded.

Although I'm not a Christian I am interested in ideas so I occasionally read different takes on things, like this recent article about this particular issue:

https://www.unz.com/article/gay-rights-campaign-obtains-the-imprimatur-of-pope-francis-and-his-magic-circle/

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2020, 12:15:51 PM »
I never did make that statement i said "a disturbing percentage" and you rewrote it. You are somewhat naive and see the world through your personal biases and i wont hold that against you as we all do it.

Calling something a "disturbing percentage" implies a majority. At least it does to me. But, if that's not what you mean that's fine. What the point was is that you can "assure me" of nothing regarding this as you simply don't have the knowledge and experience. Everything you know is just what the media tells you. And naive? Me? You want to compare my experience with Catholicism with yours? Why don't you tell what kind of first-hand experience you have with the Catholic church? I was born, raised, and baptized as a Catholic. I served as an Altar body for five years beginning in the third grade. At 8 years old I use to walk by myself for almost two miles at 4:15 in the morning to serve the 5:00 mass before school. In addition, to a Catholic education, I had after school hours of Bible study. I had aspirations to be a Priest and was put in a program where you serve sort of like an intern to a Priest where you learn the lifestyle and day to day duties of the Priesthood. I had also served as a missionary prior to my senior year in high school. So don't you tell me that I am naive to the Catholic church. I have more insight and hands-on experience into the church than you will ever have. I mean, just listen to you and some of the ignorant claims you make. "Catholics worship the Pope." Oh brother, just stop. You are just parroting what you hear and read in the news. You are trying to speak with authority on a subject you really have very little knowledge about.
There is a big difference and i surmise I know quite a bit more than you give me credit. In order to meet the clinical definition of pedophilia there must be three factors (whatever you call them)

1.  A strong sexual preference for prepubescent children over a period of at least 6 months
2. Inside the home there will be toys games etc in order to make it more appealing to children
3. The person must actively seek and maintain relationships with children. Think coaches teachers daycare owners etc. A pedophile will actively seek ways to gain childrens trust so they can later betray them.

I will consider my working knowledge accurate until proven otherwise.

Ive had my run ins with pedophiles since i was about 10 years old. I would say i know enough.

You can do a Prime Muscle and just rattle off definitions you get from google. But the fact is that the sex scandal was not about Pedophilia as you seem to claim. The vast majority of the victims were post-pubescent teenage boys. You don't know as much as you think you do. Everything about this topic, Catholicism, pedophilias; you've been wrong.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2020, 12:21:02 PM »
Most priests and nuns are homosexual.

This does not mean most priests are pedos but many are as evidenced by the numerous instances brought to light over the past several decades.

Obviously, many pedos exist in the hetero community as well.

In the early days of the Church priests were allowed to marry.  This was later forbidden for various reasons but is generally believed for financial reasons.  Thus the orders attracted homosexuals.

The nunnery and priesthood became a sanctuary for homosexuals in society where such sexual practices were forbidden.

The Catholic Church is very strong in South America and other less developed parts of the world where people are less educated and more likely to believe in the Church's non-sensical ideas.  Countries such as Spain and Portugal have had a long close connection between the Church and government.

Has the Catholic Church done some good?  Yes.  However. it's good works were done as a means of increasing it's membership.  Has it done bad?  Yes.

Me = 14 years of Catholic schooling and numerous non-sexual encounters with homo nuns and priests and fortunately only a few pedo priests.

The majority means more than fifty percent. So more than 1 of 2 in the Catholic church are gay. Any hard evidence of this?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2020, 12:28:16 PM »
I would venture to guess that there are more homos in bodybuilding than there are in the Catholic Church. To be a Priest is not easy. There is a lot of study and schooling involved. A complete college curriculum. Even being a Brother or a Deacon is not something you can just walk into.

All you need to be deeply involved in the bodybuilding culture, having solely to do with the bodies of other men that are practically naked, is just a deep interest and desire.

You do the math.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2020, 01:25:35 PM »
Non denominational Christian church that my sister goes to. Still open but this has been a bonding experience with my sister and we've gotten much closer. She's kind of the saint in the family and always considered me as one prone to stray from the path of virtue.
so you dropped one cult for another you don't need instructions from desert nomads to be virtuous

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2020, 01:36:21 PM »
Your understanding is wrong. The concept of the Trinity: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, is lost on so many. Think of water. Water is a liquid, a solid, and a gas.

Be water, my friend.
the Trinity doctrine was voted in by the early church/RC

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2020, 01:43:41 PM »
so you dropped one cult for another you don't need instructions from desert nomads to be virtuous

To you, it's a cult. A cult that's been around for thousands of years and observed by billions of people. How evolved you must be.

And, unlike you, I don't trust human nature. The only moral values you have is just your opinion and you ultimately answer only to yourself. And, my guess, like nearly 100% of the population, you are very forgiving to yourself and can always think of ways to justify your behavior.

You think our society has gotten better, more honest, more decent, more civilized,
more respectful, more moral as our society has gotten more and more secular?

Your secular cult does not have a good track record.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2020, 01:50:44 PM »
To you, it's a cult. A cult that's been around for thousands of years and observed by billions of people. How evolved you must be.
Islam is another cult with many members 1.9 billion

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2020, 01:55:44 PM »

And, unlike you, I don't trust human nature. The only moral values you have is just your opinion and you ultimately answer only to yourself. And, my guess, like nearly 100% of the population, you are very forgiving to yourself and can always think of ways to justify your behavior.

You think our society has gotten better, more honest, more decent, more civilized,

the god of the Bible promotes slavery, genocide, the subjugation of women,etc oh and I almost forgot eternal torture despite there being pain and suffering in this life

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2020, 04:00:40 PM »

I wouldn't consider those beings to be "human" yet.  Maybe in another 4 million years of evolution but right now?  Fuck no way.  While it's true that some Christians will die for their faith (and many have over the years), muslimes will kill for theirs and be axed to do so by their worthless leaders, even to the extent of blowing themselves to crapdom come.   Fuck islime to Hades. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2020, 04:01:04 PM »

Stalin in the USSR, Hitler in Germany and Pol Pot in Cambodia had their citizens wishing for a religious society rather than a secular. It's funny listening to leftists talk about the evils of religion.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2020, 04:39:33 PM »
Stalin in the USSR, Hitler in Germany and Pol Pot in Cambodia had their citizens wishing for a religious society rather than a secular. It's funny listening to leftists talk about the evils of religion.
Nazi Germany had its own brand of Christianity as well as other state sponsored religious movements

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2020, 04:51:10 PM »
I wouldn't consider those beings to be "human" yet.  Maybe in another 4 million years of evolution but right now?  Fuck no way.  While it's true that some Christians will die for their faith (and many have over the years), muslimes will kill for theirs and be axed to do so by their worthless leaders, even to the extent of blowing themselves to crapdom come.   Fuck islime to Hades.
Christianity has conquered and persecuted people in the name of God just like Islam the only difference is that secularism has not affected Islam to the degree as Christianity

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2020, 05:35:35 PM »
Christianity has conquered and persecuted people in the name of God just like Islam the only difference is that secularism has not affected Islam to the degree as Christianity

The difference is in the teachings of the Nazarene and those of the pedophile profit hoMohammed.  The Christ is more than just a man both in word and deed.  And hoMohammed?  He was all that is bad in men.

If you cannot see and acknowledge that truth, it is because of your distrust of the ways of men.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2020, 09:59:23 PM »

And your point? Are you comparing Christianity to Islam? The difference between a Christian based society and an Islam based society.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2020, 10:10:21 PM »
the god of the Bible promotes slavery, genocide, the subjugation of women,etc oh and I almost forgot eternal torture despite there being pain and suffering in this life

Promotes slavery, genocide, and subjugation of women? Promotes? It was Christians, mostly the Quakers, that lead the charge of the abolitionists and eliminated slavery. It was a Christian based society that destroyed the one true genocide and protects to this day the Jewish State of Israel. Nowhere on earth do women have more rights, opportunities, and success than in America which was founded on Judeo/Christian ethics.

You seem like just another ungrateful American living in relative comfort and prosperity due to the value system that guided and built this country. It's so sad when you consider how much America has done to make their people and the world a much better place and such a force of good for this world only to have American hating ingrates who would never leave this great country while others around the world risk their lives to be in your place as you shit on this country's value system. A system based on Judeo/Christina ethics. 

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2020, 10:14:08 PM »

You do know you are living in the 21st century? It's always easy and convenient to go back to the sins committed centuries ago and completely discount the moral evolution that has occurred during that time to promote your biased agenda. You would not have the cushy life you have today if it wasn't for Christianity which served as the moral backbone for this country and it's rise to it's supremacy,

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2020, 10:26:11 PM »

The difference is in the teachings of the Nazarene and those of the pedophile profit hoMohammed.  The Christ is more than just a man both in word and deed.  And hoMohammed?  He was all that is bad in men.

If you cannot see and acknowledge that truth, it is because of your distrust of the ways of men.

He doesn't want to see. He would rather believe and pat himself on the back that it is he, and he alone, that is solely responsible for any success he has achieved. Nothing to do with the culture and value system he just happened to be born into while others around the world, due to their culture and value system, suffer because they just happen to have the misfortune of being born there. But instead of being grateful and thankful for his good fortune, something he did nothing to earn or deserve, just got lucky to be born in a good country, he will always find a reason to point out, piss on, and criticize the lack of utopian perfection that we have not achieved. While others, far less fortunate, suffering in ways than this ingrate can ever imagine, make the best of their situation and can even find it in themselves to smile in hopes they can one day live the life of this spoiled ingrate who has no conception and idea just how lucky he is.

He sits in complete comfort and ease bashing Christianity which provided the moral foundation for our countries greatness while a little girl, after being runned over by a donkey cart, has to drag her legless body anchored on a discarded deflated basketball across a dirt road all by herself on her way to school. Like our shameful ingrate, a situation she did nothing to earn or deserve. Just a toss of the coin. Like so much in life.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2020, 11:22:55 PM »
Promotes slavery, genocide, and subjugation of women? Promotes?

Did you ever read the Old Testament and think, wow, this is pretty horrible? The carnage, slaughter, taking slaves, killing every man, child and even animal of different tribes, taking virgins for yourself by force, all commanded by God. I know Jesus came with a new covenant and so on but at some point in time the same God sanctioned some pretty horrible stuff by our current sensibilities. A lot of other strange stuff like seeing your father naked by accident requiring death (IIRC). I don't think a Christian would say these were mistakes and sins.
If we were to compare the OT with the Koran, the OT is not any less violent and brutal.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2020, 12:44:08 AM »
Did you ever read the Old Testament and think, wow, this is pretty horrible? The carnage, slaughter, taking slaves, killing every man, child and even animal of different tribes, taking virgins for yourself by force, all commanded by God. I know Jesus came with a new covenant and so on but at some point in time the same God sanctioned some pretty horrible stuff by our current sensibilities. A lot of other strange stuff like seeing your father naked by accident requiring death (IIRC). I don't think a Christian would say these were mistakes and sins.
If we were to compare the OT with the Koran, the OT is not any less violent and brutal.

Is there a concern that our society and culture will be based on the Old Testament?
The New Covenant is not just a "so on".

There are a lot of horrible things in this world. I've mentioned many times before that I have a lot of issues regarding a God. Of all the worlds that could have been created why this one? A world in which the bad outweighs the good. Wasn't things fine enough before this great creation? As far as I know, I was doing fine before I was born. I didn't ask for this and if given the choice I'd take a pass. It's not worth it when all is said and done. And I'm one of the lucky ones. I always say that the more interesting question is not whether or not God exists, but is God good? But I'm here now and fortunately, life is short.

You decide what kind of world you think you live in. The choice that you make will determine, whether you know it or not, your metaphysics. How you perceive life and any sort of cosmic justice will shape the kind of person you become and are. If you believe that everything around you and everything throughout history including the beginning of life is simply a random concussion of molecules that somehow appeared out of nowhere. That the concept of good and evil is meaningless and simply a matter of personal opinion which can vary widely among individuals and even yourself depending on the circumstances. That a Mother Teresa and a Stalin share the same fate. Then you will agree with Dostoevski who wrote in the "The Brothers Karamazov"
"That without God, all is permitted." For without God, there is no such thing as morality. Just personal opinion.

People like to laugh at the absurdity of a God creating a universe but feel it is perfectly reasonable to believe that the Universe just suddenly appeared out of nothing.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2020, 01:48:23 AM »

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2020, 02:04:37 AM »
Everything in the Bible is twisted around. The true origin has long been hidden from us to mislead us. We humans are way different from all other species on this planet. I think we can all agree on this.
There are suggestions that early human- like species DNA was altered with extraterrestrial DNA.
History books are also full of lies