Author Topic: EVICTING MORON TENANTS  (Read 2406 times)

insidescoop

• Getbig II
EVICTING MORON TENANTS
« on: January 25, 2008, 12:31:25 PM »
Landlord do have rights

Attention Landlords!
If you own rentals, eventually youll have a tenant youll have to evict, then theyll trash the place in the meantime.

NJ S.2C:17-3a-1 A person is guilty of criminal mischeif if he purposely, knowingly or recklessly tampers with tangible property of another so as to endanger person or property, including the damaging or destroying of rental premises by a tenant in retaliation for institution of eviction proceedings

there are other statutes that outline restitution.  I had to find out about these laws myself, as law enforcement here (NJ) werent even aware of them.  But it is real, and enforceable as a criminal misdemeanor.

Most police will tell you that civil court is the only way to get anything, however, you CAN press charges and get  acriminal conviction

Id like to know anybody elses experiences.....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: EVICTING MORON TENANTS
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 06:56:24 PM »
As a kid my parents owned quite a few apartment buildings and duplexes.  This was back in the 60's and 70's,  I remember a couple times when my dad had to evict someone.  He would go there with my brother and our neighbor and watch them move out.  They made sure no one messed anything up.  I don't really remember much but never had  big problem.  My friend right now is evicting two tenants from two different properties.  He has his management company literally visit each house everyday to make sure the tenants don't do something.  I guess though if they really wanted to they can.

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 07:26:03 AM »
Here in NJ, my lawyer made it sound as though I could be charged with harassment if I even DROVE past my property before they were out....even my right to give 24 hours notice to inspect could be construed as harassment.

The end result?

The scumbags stole all appliances (washer, dryer, refrigerator, stove,etc) and completely destroyed cabinets, carpet, etc....it was a beautiful place, my wife was in tears.

We called the police...who told me there was nothing that could be done, that it was a civil matter....until i found this and other laws in the criminal code.

NJ sucks as a state in general, but here tenants have so much rights that law enforcement completely ignore the rights of the landlord.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 08:53:33 PM »

The scumbags stole all appliances (washer, dryer, refrigerator, stove,etc) and completely destroyed cabinets, carpet, etc....it was a beautiful place, my wife was in tears.

We called the police...who told me there was nothing that could be done, that it was a civil matter....until i found this and other laws in the criminal code.

Larceny, theft, stealing, it is all a criminal act.

If the police said it was a civil matter tell you know that, and then tell them it is ALSO a criminal matter. Don't let a GD/HS educated cop tell you what the law is.

File a police report for grand theft if they took everything you said.

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 02:57:39 PM »
I have had these problems over and over. Just send a car full of solid homies to talk to them. 99% of the time they move out the next day and pay your rent. Most people do not want problems with people who rob/kill/deal for a living.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 10:14:04 AM »
I have had these problems over and over. Just send a car full of solid homies to talk to them. 99% of the time they move out the next day and pay your rent. Most people do not want problems with people who rob/kill/deal for a living.

yeah, I always wondered what stopped hateful evicted people from filling the walls with dead fish or dumping a few bottle of deer piss all over the carpets and walls to permanently make the place unrentable.

the solution might be to bring over a 12 pack of beer while you're on good terms, to 'get to know each other'.  Get a little dirt on him.  Take a married guy out and have a girl blow him and get a pic with your cell phone.  Find out what he's doing wrong at work.  Make up bad stuff you do so he'll reveal his own devils while the alcohol is in him.

When it's time to evict, let him know in the most friendly manner possible that when he's gone, that memory and that cell phone pic is gone too, but if the house gets fuccked up, so does his life.  It's evil to do, but when that home is your investment, and the law won't protect it, you might have to think outside the box a bit.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 01:12:31 PM »
Here in NJ, my lawyer made it sound as though I could be charged with harassment if I even DROVE past my property before they were out....even my right to give 24 hours notice to inspect could be construed as harassment.

The end result?

NJ sucks as a state in general, but here tenants have so much rights that law enforcement completely ignore the rights of the landlord.

I think in your case it will be both criminal and civil. You should file for the theft of your property and the vandalism. If you have to sue to recover the cost of the appliances and damaged cabinets you should. That security deposit is forfeit in the case of damages.